Forrester: Generative AI Dominates Top 10 Emerging Technologies In 2023 And Beyond
According to Forrester’s (Nasdaq: FORR) The Top 10 Emerging Technologies In 2023 report, generative AI will begin to deliver significant return on investment for most enterprises in the next two to four years. To fully benefit from generative AI’s applications, firms will need to navigate its risks, including trustworthiness, evolving regulations, and potential intellectual property complications. Despite these risks, generative AI remains a top emerging technology to invest in due to its breadth of impact and ability to accelerate many other top emerging technologies, including autonomous workplace assistants (AWAs) and conversational AI.
Conversational AI, enabled by generative AI, is the second top emerging technology that will deliver the fastest ROI. E-commerce, B2B sales, and customer service functions will see the biggest impacts from conversational AI. AWAs will also deliver near-term benefits for most firms, as they are poised today to take over increasingly complex but repetitive human tasks.
According to Forrester, additional emerging technologies that will offer significant benefits for firms in two to four years include:
- Decentralized Digital Identity (DDID). DDID will ultimately replace physical proof-of-identity documents, with financial services, government, and education likely to benefit most. Blockchains and zero-knowledge proofs will play a substantial role in this slow transformation.
- Edge Intelligence. Turning massive data sets produced by computer vision and sensors into real-time action requires more intelligent software running at the edge of business and consumer networks. Customer digital experiences will benefit from edge intelligence the most.
- Explainable AI (XAI). To be useful, new AI software needs to be trustworthy, which means it must be explainable. While XAI capabilities are still immature, this technology will see its greatest utilization in highly regulated and high-risk use cases in the finance and healthcare sectors.
- TuringBots. There has been a dramatic acceleration in the number and capability of TuringBots, AI-powered software robots that help developers build applications. In two to four years, a substantial part of enterprise applications could be generated by this technology.
Some emerging technologies that will take at least five years to deliver tangible value for enterprises include:
- Extended Reality (XR). Only 20% of US online adults are comfortable using virtual reality or augmented reality to consume information, which means that XR will take more years of hardware innovation and consumer adoption. In the short term, enterprises will benefit in the areas of employee training and onboarding.
- Web3. Despite its promise of a new, more democratic web, Web3 remains a self-referencing ecosystem of financial engineering fraught with risk and scandal. Key technical challenges surrounding Web3 still exist for enterprises, including scaling and security, identity and key management, and privacy.
- Zero Trust Edge (ZTE). ZTE embeds Zero Trust security principles into software-defined networks that are deployed to offices and physical spaces but controlled centrally via the cloud. The improved security and performance promised by these tools will take more time as security and networking vendor offerings merge and mature.
“While many emerging technologies show great promise, it is imperative for tech leaders to assess whether these technologies can deliver value and if their business can navigate their associated risks,” said Brian Hopkins, Forrester VP, emerging technology portfolio. “This means side-stepping misinformation, mitigating poor decisions driven by a fear of missing out, and narrowing focus from the shiny objects down to the few technologies that have real potential. Firms must also ensure that their time frame for implementing these technologies is commensurate with their overall risk/reward tolerance.”
- Read more about the top emerging technologies that will deliver ROI for enterprises.
- Read The Top 10 Emerging Technologies In 2023 report to gain insight into maturity trends, business value, important use cases, example innovations, and risks associated with each listed emerging technology (client access required).
- Learn more about how Forrester arrived at the top 10 emerging technologies for 2023, and register for an upcoming deep-dive webinar on this topic.
- Register to attend Forrester’s 2023 Technology & Innovation North America Forum.
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We help leaders across technology, customer experience, digital, marketing, sales, and product functions use customer obsession to accelerate growth. Through Forrester’s proprietary research, consulting, and events, leaders from around the globe are empowered to be bold at work — to navigate change and put their customers at the center of their leadership, strategy, and operations. Our unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 700,000 consumers, business leaders, and technology leaders worldwide; rigorous and objective research methodologies, including Forrester Wave™ evaluations; 100 million real-time feedback votes; and the shared wisdom of our clients. To learn more, visit Forrester.com.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Pogust Goodhead and Gramercy Funds Management LLC Announce $552.5 Million Investment Partnership1.10.2023 16:13:00 EEST | Press release
Pogust Goodhead, a global law firm, and Gramercy Funds Management LLC (“Gramercy”), today announced that they have entered into a $552.5 million investment partnership in the form of a secured loan by Gramercy to Pogust Goodhead. This loan is the largest of its kind in a U.K. based law firm. The loan transaction strengthens the firm’s financial power, ensuring Pogust Goodhead has ample funds to continue its litigation across the world and on behalf of environmental victims of corporate giants such as: BHP Group (BHP.AX), BMW (BMWG.DE), Fiat Chrysler (STLAM.MI), Ford (F), Honda (7267.T), Hyundai (005380.KS), Jaguar/Land Rover (JLR), Mazda (7261.T), Mercedes-Benz (MBGn.DE), Peugeot/Citroen (PEUG.PA), Renault Nissan (RENA.PA), Toyota (7203.T), Vauxhall (STLAM.MI), Volkswagen AG (VOWG.DE), and Volvo AB (VOLVb.ST). The loan proceeds will fund the largest action of its kind against two of the biggest mining companies in the world – BHP Group (BHP.AX) and Vale (VALE3.SA) – for their part in t
PUMA Called Ambassadors From All Around the World to Form “Class of 23”1.10.2023 13:00:00 EEST | Press release
Global sports company PUMA launches a beanies campaign, “Class of 23”, to unite ambassadors from across the globe to represent of the close-knit PUMA family. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231001418878/en/ Global sports company PUMA launches a beanies campaign, “Class of 23”, to unite ambassadors from across the globe to represent of the close-knit PUMA family. (Photo: Business Wire) 2023 means a long journey for PUMA, which was made with the remarkable people behind it. “Class of 23” is the right way to celebrate the inspiring ambassadors and talents PUMA has collaborated with over the past 75 years. Each talent, from Neymar Jr. and Pamela Reif to Gianmarco Tamberi and Winnie Harlow, was captured in a personalized way, wearing their favorite PUMA beanies from the 2023 collection to show their membership in the grand PUMA family. “Our PUMA family is the heartbeat of our brand, co-created with the brilliance
Optomind and MaxLinear announce collaboration on PAM4 112Gbps OSFP 800Gbps SR8 transceiver solution at ECOC Exhibition 20231.10.2023 09:00:00 EEST | Press release
Optomind and MaxLinear will be demonstrating 800Gbps OSFP active optical cables (AOC) and SR8 optical transceivers at ECOC 2023 Exhibition, in Glasgow, Scotland, October 2-4 (Booth #775, Optomind; #776, MaxLinear). Optomind has developed the best-in-class PAM4 100Gbps/lane SR optical transceivers and AOCs using MaxLinear's 5nm Keystone PAM4 DSP. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230930086952/en/ Advancing data transmission rates to 100Gbps per lane drastically transforms the ecosystem of data centers, especially AI/ML and HPC. Training AI and GPT workloads drive huge and high-density networks utilizing large numbers of servers connected together through rack switches over short reach links. The low-power, high-performance AOCs and transceivers that Optomind and MaxLinear have developed together are ideal for these applications. Optomind selected MaxLinear's 5nm Keystone PAM4 DSP as the best-in-class solution for
Incyte to Present Multiple Studies from Dermatology Portfolio at 2023 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress29.9.2023 20:43:00 EEST | Press release
Incyte (Nasdaq:INCY) today announced multiple abstracts featuring new data from across its dermatology portfolio have been accepted for presentation at the upcoming European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress 2023 held October 11-14 in Berlin. “We are pleased to add to the data supporting the use of ruxolitinib cream for patients living with vitiligo and atopic dermatitis (AD) through two late-breaking presentations – one on prolonged use of treatment in vitiligo patients with limited or no initial response, and the full results of our TRuE-AD3 trial in pediatric AD,” said Jim Lee, M.D., Ph.D., Group Vice President, Inflammation & Autoimmunity, Incyte. “Collectively, the data at this year's Congress, which also include new late-breaking data for povorcitinib in vitiligo, emphasize our ongoing efforts to advance treatment options for the Dermatology community." Key abstracts from Incyte-sponsored programs include: Late-breaking Oral Presentations Vitiligo Efficacy an
Q4 Inc. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail29.9.2023 17:30:00 EEST | Press release
Q4 Inc. (TSX: QFOR) (“Q4” or “the Company”), the leading capital markets access platform, is pleased to announce their ranking on the 2023 Report on Business of Canada’s Top Growing Companies. Canada’s Top Growing Companies ranks Canadian companies on three-year revenue growth. Q4 earned its spot with three-year growth of 150%. “We are honored to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies for the fourth consecutive year by The Globe and Mail,” remarked Darrell Heaps, Founder and CEO of Q4. “We are proud of the growth we have achieved as a company and this recognition is a true reflection of our dedication to helping our clients win in the capital markets through innovative technology on the Q4 Platform.” Canada’s Top Growing Companies is an editorial ranking that was launched in 2019. It aims to bring the accomplishments of innovative businesses in Canada to the forefront. In order to qualify for this voluntary program; companies had to complete an in-depth application proc
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom