The Committee to Restore Nymox Shareholder Value Soundly Rebuts Injurious Allegations Made by Nymox Pharmaceutical Corp Current Management
The Committee to Restore Nymox Shareholder Value, LLC (CRNSV), with a goal to recover shareholder value in NYMOX PHARMACEUTICAL CORP ("NYMX-Q") by reestablishing a proposed partnership with a highly respected, global specialty pharmacy and healthcare solutions company, today resolutely refutes all allegations made in a press release by current Nymox leadership.
Chris Riley, one of the founding members of CRNSV, says, “The fallacious statements in the media release distributed by Nymox are not only a misrepresentation of the facts, but also demonstrate actions that are contrary to the interests of shareholders. Our position and mission are designed to benefit all shareholders through commercial partnerships that raise the value of investment in Nymox by ensuring the success of a drug that impacts the prostate health of millions of men worldwide.”
In response to the malicious, defamatory and false claims made in the release, CRNSV clarifies the issues with these statements of fact:
- When the proposal is correctly and accurately presented to all Nymox long-suffering shareholders small and large, they will likely support changes in the board composition, leadership and the proposed partnership with a highly credible, global specialty pharmacy and healthcare services company as a partner. This proposed partnership would have saved Nymox from further decline and still has the potential to turnaround the organization.
- The Company’s action to remove two Board members claimed 51% of the vote, which is a legal requirement. The removal of Mr. Lanham and Mr. Cutler from the Board has been challenged to supply the shareholders who comprise the 51% with sign off from the Company auditors, TPS Thayer, to prove accuracy and integrity of the claimed 51% support. To date this has not been provided.
- The Board’s discussion of the proposed transaction could not be represented as “thorough” as only one board member was apprised of the deal, and we believe was not told the correct details as evidenced in the latest release regarding claims of debt structure which are not a true representation of the terms which offer non-recourse working capital funding. The potential partner has offered to present the deal to the Board and key shareholders to ensure their intentions and benefits or the proposed partnership are presented correctly, an offer which has been refused by Board members to date. The Committee challenges the Board to meet with the partner in the near future to discuss a positive way forward.
- Details of the common stock issuance as presented by the Company are totally incorrect. The partner involved in the proposed relationship observed a high degree of turnover among Nymox staff and executives. Given they were injecting USD $12.5 million of non-recourse funds, they wanted a stable, motivated and rational executive team and Board to partner with and create success.
- Lanham, who currently owns one million shares, was to receive an additional two million shares. However, he was promised 300,000 shares a year for nine years by Dr. Paul Averback (current Nymox CEO). Shares were issued during only two of the nine years.
- Riley was to receive 3 million shares.
- This would give Lanham and Riley between 2-3% of the equity. This is standard or boiler plate for executives who receive lower than market salaries in these early-stage companies and creates long-term stability while motivating the executive team to achieve key milestones and goals in commercializing the Company. In turn, this also rewards long-suffering shareholders with higher stock prices accompanied by dividend distributions once revenue is generated.
For years and currently, Dr. Averback has been issuing 250,000 shares a month to himself (1% of the Company’s equity every quarter, or 4% annually as an anti-dilution play as well as USD $660,000 annual salary for many years.) All details are public information in the SEC filings and noted in the chat rooms with many comments on leadership that have alienated the rank-and-file shareholder, large and small.
- Partners who assist other companies with significant non-recourse capital and millions of dollars of services, which will be recouped on successful launches, usually request a Board seat, although this is negotiable. Board member Robinson invested a smaller amount, received stock and a Board seat
- Good corporate governance starts with professional board composition who carry out their fiduciary duties and show respect for shareholders.
- Dr. Averback demonstrated during meetings with the partner and as evidenced in the latest press release that he does not understand the difference between debt and working capital. The proposed partnership included $12.5 million of non-recourse funding. It would be booked as additional paid in capital as the refund received from the FDA after the failed USA market approval submission.
- Board member Robinson executed a deal for debt that was placed on the balance sheet at a 10% interest rate for a $1 million loan which is on the Nymox balance sheet. It is not clear if debt will be an ongoing funding mechanism for the Company, as Dr. Averback is not initially diluted by the debt transactions. No SEC filing or press release was made on Robinson’s debt facility.
- Will Robinson be offered stock as the Company cannot repay the debt or interest as it forecasts no revenue in the next year? Does Board member Robinson prefer his short-term high interest rate debt lines, versus a non-recourse working capital investment that not only will fund the Company for two years at current burn rate, but is also accompanied by service and expertise that will be committed and deployed to ensure market approvals and successful market launches for Nymox?
- Dr. Averback has not attended a Board meeting or Annual Shareholder meeting in over three years, despite being encouraged and requested on numerous occasions by executive management.
Unfortunately, the current leadership of Nymox is not equipped to understand this deal and has continually misrepresented facts, as evidenced by the incorrect representations made by Dr. Averback in the recent press release.
- There is no place in the proposal that 18 million shares were to be issued to Lanham and Riley. This is an egregiously false statement and reflects how far the person making the claim is from commercial reality.
- The potential business partner did agree to buy 500,000 shares at USD $2 to try to assist in keeping Nymox stock listed on NASDAQ. The potential partner was acting in good faith and as a favor to Nymox and expressed they had no intention of owning stock or taking control. Dr. Averback was not aware treasury stock can be sold above market.
The Committee believes the key question is what relevance do these defamatory and slanderous misrepresentations regarding Nymox and contained in the recent press release have to the prospects of Nymox being enhanced by a very attractive shareholder value building proposition? This applies not simply to funding, but also for gaining the desperately required expertise to launch a healthcare Company and therapy in Europe, after failing in the FDA application.
About The Committee to Restore Nymox Shareholder Value, LLC (CRNSV)
CRNSV was formed by former executives of the NYMOX PHARMACEUTICAL CORP ("NYMX-Q") with a goal to restore shareholder value in NYMOX (the Company). With a commitment to overcome the steep decline and volatility of the stock price following the catastrophic NASDAQ Delisting Decision, CRNSV has issued rebuttal letters to all Company shareholders and continues to emphasize lack of Company leadership, inability to realize the potential for valuable and promising results through a relationship with a highly respected global healthcare and specialty pharmacy solutions company; with expertise to help commercialize the Company’s benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) product, and Nymox’s lack of solution or plan for financial recovery of shareholder value. Headquartered in Carson City, Nevada with offices in London, CRNSV documents are available at https://www.crnsv.com/
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Alipay Supports Over 100 Million Digital Torchbearers to Join the First-Ever Digital Cauldron Lighting for Asian Games24.9.2023 16:17:00 EEST | Press release
The Hangzhou Asian Games has begun with the evening opening ceremony on September 23. The opening ceremony combined Chinese traditions, culture and digital innovations at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Center Stadium for a spectacular kickoff event. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230924810542/en/ Digital torchbearers joining to light the cauldron for the Hangzhou Asian Games (Photo: Business Wire) As the Official Prestige Partner and technology provider of Hangzhou Asian Games, Alipay has supported over 100 million digital torchbearers to join the first-ever digital cauldron lighting in Asian Games history during the ceremony. These digital torchbearers were combined as one digital torchbearer avatar to light the cauldron together with swimming Olympic champion Wang Shun. The Asian Games Digital Torchbearer Online Relay campaign was launched on June 15, 2023, the 100-day countdown to the Games. Participants can
Unitedprint.com collaborates with Pexels.com24.9.2023 11:00:00 EEST | Press release
The e-commerce technology company Unitedprint.com has announced several exciting innovations for its brands Easyprint.com and print24.com. On top of the launch of interactive 2D and 3D product preview visualisations, the company is expanding its offering through a partnership with Pexels.com, a Canva.com company, and is also making more than 12 million premium design templates available to its users. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230920567824/en/ Easyprint's FreeDesign tool offers over 3 million royalty-free stock photos and 12 million free design templates (Photo: Business Wire) Cooperation with Pexels.com In close collaboration with Pexels, a subsidiary of Canva.com, Easyprint is expanding its offering to include 3 million royalty-free stock images that users can access free of charge and without restriction for their individual projects. “This partnership will allow our customers to take their creativity
SLB Announces Third-Quarter 2023 Results Conference Call22.9.2023 20:00:00 EEST | Press release
SLB (NYSE:SLB) will hold a conference call on October 20, 2023 to discuss the results for the third quarter ending September 30, 2023. The conference call is scheduled to begin at 9:30 am US Eastern time and a press release regarding the results will be issued at 7:00 am US Eastern time. To access the conference call, listeners should contact the Conference Call Operator at +1 (844) 721-7241 within North America or +1 (409) 207-6955 outside of North America approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the call and the access code is 8858313. A webcast of the conference call will be broadcast simultaneously at www.slb.com/irwebcast on a listen-only basis. Listeners should log in 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to test their browsers and register for the webcast. Following the end of the conference call, a replay will be available at www.slb.com/irwebcast until November 20, 2023, and can be accessed by dialing +1 (866) 207-1041 within North America or +1 (402) 970-0847 outsid
Energy Dome's CO2 Battery™ to Revolutionize U.S. Energy Landscape With First Installation Slated for 202622.9.2023 18:45:00 EEST | Press release
A groundbreaking development in sustainable energy storage is on the horizon for Columbia County, Wisconsin, U.S., spearheaded by Alliant Energy in collaboration with Energy Dome and other key stakeholders. Alliant Energy has just announced its selection to receive a federal grant of up to approximately $30 million from the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) for the pioneering Columbia Energy Storage Project, a proposed 200-megawatt hour energy storage system, based on Energy Dome’s signature technology: the CO2 Battery™. This visionary battery system, aptly named the “Columbia Energy Storage Project”, is poised to be a trailblazer in the United States, marking a pivotal stride towards a more sustainable, reliable, and cost-effective energy future. Claudio Spadacini, CEO of Energy Dome, declared: “I’m honored to be part of this remarkable journey alongside Alliant Energy. The Columbia Energy Storage Project marks the genesis of a new era, where the
Settlement Administrator Angeion Group Announces Proposed Settlement In U.S. Dollar LIBOR-Based Instrument Class Action22.9.2023 16:00:00 EEST | Press release
There are lawsuits impacting individuals and institutions that entered into over-the-counter financial derivative and non-derivative instruments directly with 17 banks and that received payments tied to U.S. Dollar LIBOR. A Settlement totaling $101 million has been reached with Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. (“Rabobank”), Lloyds Banking Group plc, Lloyds Bank plc, HBOS plc, and Bank of Scotland plc (together, “Lloyds”), Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), and Portigon AG and Westdeutsche Immobilien Servicing AG (together “Portigon”). Earlier settlements totaling $680 million were reached with Barclays, Citibank, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG, Norinchukin, and SocGen bringing the total settlement amount to $781 million. The remaining Non-Settling Defendants include Bank of America, Credit Suisse, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Scotland, and UBS. What does the Settlement provide? The Settlement will create a Settlement Fund totaling $101 million that will be used to pay eligible Class Members who submi
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom