ABB Showcases World-Leading e-Vehicle Fast Chargers and Launches AI Readiness Index at Hannover
ABB spotlighted its world-leading Terra HP family of fast chargers for electric vehicles at Hannover Messe, the biggest global industrial trade fair. By operating at powers of up to 350 kilowatts and adding as much as 300 kilometers of range to an electric vehicle in just 12 minutes, the Terra HP family of chargers have made electric cars more appealing for consumers by enabling them to refresh the batteries in about the same time required for filling up a petrol-powered car. Terra HP chargers are being installed around the world, and they have been selected for use by Electrify America, the biggest electric vehicle infrastructure project to date in the United States.
ABB, whose broad array of digitally driven technologies for electric-power management are used by utilities and businesses worldwide, is also a global leader in industrial automation and robots enabled by artificial intelligence (AI). Demonstrating its commitment to helping the international community address the opportunities and challenges of AI and industrial automation, ABB at Hannover released a ground-breaking report in partnership with The Economist Intelligence Unit: "The Automation Readiness Index: Who Is Ready for the Coming Wave of Innovation?"
The report, while noting the economic and human benefits that industrial automation can unleash, finds that even the best-prepared countries must develop more effective education policies and training programs. Those policies and programs, the report recommends, must ensure that the rapid adoption of automation technologies and AI don’t leave people unprepared for the new, more human-oriented jobs that will be needed as robots and algorithms take on more of the routine tasks that can be and will be automated.
ABB's pioneering technology leadership in this new era of integrated industry also encompasses other innovative solutions that will be on display at Hannover Messe 2018:
- YuMi®, the first truly collaborative dual-armed robot and SafeMove2, the safety solution that enables robots to safely share working spaces with human operators while reducing total investment by 30 percent.
- The EVLunic AC wallbox, available with from 4.6 kW to 22 kW of charging power, serving as a high quality, cost effective e-car charging point for home and business use, in addition to the Terra HP line of public-network charging stations for electric vehicles.
- ABB AbilityTM, the unified, cross-industry digital capability that empowers customers to know more, do more and do better – together. The complete list of 210 solutions is available in the new ABB AbilityTM Solutions Catalog, which is being launched at the event.
- ABB AbilityTM Power Transformer, with smart devices built into every ABB transformer to enable customers to remotely monitor vital parameters in real time for improved reliability and higher utilization of grid assets and power networks.
- STIR, the submersible transformer inspection robot, which makes it possible to internally inspect transformers without draining their oil, making the task safer and less expensive.
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS), which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. With over 30,000 installations worldwide, GIS uses pressurized sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) as its insulating gas instead of air, to enable safer electrical operations in confined spaces.
- ABB Ability™ Connected Services, unlocking a world of possibilities in diagnostics, monitoring, predictive maintenance and asset optimization, for up to 25 percent fewer incidents and 60 percent faster response and issue recovery times.
- ABB Ability™ Digital Powertrain, which ensures efficient operation of powertrain equipment, including drives, motors, bearings and pumps. A suite of monitoring services – including advanced analytics and maintenance planning – enables users to digitally “see” operational variables through an integrated, one-stop portal.
- B&R, the solutions provider for machine and factory automation worldwide. Acquired by ABB in July 2017, B&R is integrated into ABB’s Industrial Automation division as its global Machine & Factory Automation business unit. Featured are B&R's ACOPOStrak, the intelligent, flexible transport system that's setting a new standard for smart-factory motion control in the era of mass customization, and B&R's Orange Box, an advanced analytics solution for brownfield assets, which enables users to access previously unreadable data from digitally isolated machinery.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
Phone: +41 43 317 71 11
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
FCC Grants LeoSat U.S. Market Access16.11.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
LeoSat Enterprises, the dynamic young company which is launching a unique new data network comprised of a constellation of up to 108 low-earth-orbit communications satellites, has been awarded the authority by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide NGSO (non-geostationary satellite orbit) services in the United States. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181115005890/en/ LeoSat's Global Business Backbone in Space (Graphic: Business Wire) The increasing demand for business connectivity and with it, the need to move large quantities of data quickly and securely around the world, is fast outpacing the infrastructure in place to carry it. Existing networks are already carrying more than 1 Zeta Byte of traffic globally and this is set to grow exponentially. The FCC market access grant will allow LeoSat to address currently unmet demand for high-bandwidth, low-latency, high-security data transmissio
German Court Rules Huawei, ZTE Products Infringe AVC Patents16.11.2018 08:01 | Tiedote
MPEG LA announced today that the District Court in Düsseldorf, Germany (“Landgericht Düsseldorf”) has ruled that Huawei Technologies Deutschland GmbH (“Huawei”) and ZTE Deutschland GmbH (“ZTE”) infringed patents of two patent holders in MPEG LA’s AVC Patent Portfolio License (“AVC License”) by using their technologies in mobile phones that implement the AVC/H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10) Standard. The court also found that the license offered by the patent holders under those patents through the AVC License is fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory. “The Landgericht Düsseldorf’s decision confirms the importance of respect for intellectual property, and offering everyone easy and affordable access to essential AVC technology under a single license is a cornerstone of the MPEG LA AVC License’s wide acceptance making that possible,” said Larry Horn, President and CEO of MPEG LA. “We continue to welcome Huawei and ZTE to join the nearly 2,000 Licensees who have entered into our AVC License.” Verdi
IFF-LMR Naturals Leads Industry with 90 Certified Vegan Natural Extracts16.11.2018 00:15 | Tiedote
Regulatory News: IFF-LMR, a subsidiary of International Flavors & Fragrances Inc (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF) announced their industry-leading position of 90 natural extracts in their portfolio certified vegan by the EVE (Expertise Vegan Europe) VEGAN standards. The certified extracts include Rose EssentialTM, Rose UltimateTM, Blackcurrant Buds Absolute, Ylang Oil Complete, Vetiver Oil Haiti, Patchouli Oil Indonesia, and Geranium Heart Oil, among many others. Bertrand de Preville, General Manager, IFF-LMR said, “Our people are passionate about creating the finest ingredients and together, we are committed to delivering premium, 100% pure and natural extracts. We believe in transparency, environmental management and sustainable development.” Mr. de Preville continued, “This certification of 90 extracts is in line with IFF-LMR’s continuous dedication to our planet, people, plants and animals.” The EVE VEGAN label was selected because it is considered one of the most rigor
Rimini Street Expands Investment and Operations in Asia-Pacific15.11.2018 23:00 | Tiedote
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, today announced that it has expanded its operations in the Asia-Pacific region with the launch of its new subsidiary, Rimini Street New Zealand Limited, and the opening of its new office in Auckland to address the growing demand for Rimini Street’s premium, ultra-responsive support services in New Zealand. Rimini Street’s expansion was announced at a gala event held at The Northern Club in Auckland, where clients, local IT leaders and the special guest of honor, Ambassador Scott P. Brown, the U.S. Ambassador to New Zealand, were hosted by Rimini Street’s general manager for Asia-Pacific, Andrew Powell, and Rimini Street corporate senior executives. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181115005037/en/ Rimini Street launches subsidiary
Sartorius Stedim Biotech and Lonza Modify Relationship for Supply of Cell Culture Media15.11.2018 21:15 | Tiedote
Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) (Paris:DIM), a leading international supplier of the biopharmaceutical industry, and Lonza announced today that they have modified their current agreement for supply of cell culture media by mutual accord. The agreement, signed in 2012, gave SSB exclusive sales and marketing rights for certain cell culture media and buffers developed and manufactured by Lonza for use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes. Lonza retained sales for research-based products, among others. Under agreements signed today, SSB will continue to offer current and future Lonza media and buffers on a non-exclusive basis as part of its extensive portfolio of products for cell-based development and manufacturing. Lonza Pharma & Biotech resumes sales and marketing of all its media products for both manufacturing and research. Customers of both companies will continue to be able to source media products for their specific needs. “We have a long-standing and productive partnership
Intertops Poker Launches its 20 Event Strong SOFT Series for its Recreational Player Base15.11.2018 20:46 | Tiedote
Intertops Poker has launched a new tournament series aimed and created for its recreational and casual player base, with impressive prizes up for grabs. The Intertops Poker SOFT Series is spread across 20 events and offers a combined prize pool of $24,850, including a $4,100 World Series of Poker Caribbean prize package. The series starts on 19th November and will conclude on 25th November. It is available to players from all countries and markets wanting to test their skills and have fun at the tables. There are a wide range of buy-ins to suit all budgets, and the tournament kicks-off with two $500 freerolls before the series gets underway proper on 20th November. Each SOFT Series event winner will receive an Intertops Poker Soft Series Champion hoodie and a seat at the table for the Champions Tournament. The highlight of the series, the Champions Tournament takes place on 25th November at 6:30pm ET and has a guaranteed World Series of Poker Caribbean prize worth $4,100. The World Ser
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme