ADC Therapeutics Announces Interim Phase I Data from its Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate ADCT-301
ADC Therapeutics (ADCT), an oncology drug discovery and development company that specializes in the development of proprietary Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) targeting major cancers, today announced clinical data from two ongoing Phase I clinical trials evaluating ADCT-301 (camidanlumab tesirine or “Cami-T”) in important subtypes of lymphoma and leukemia. The data were presented at the 59th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, USA.
1. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Dr. Steven M. Horwitz, Medical Oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and Principal Investigator, said: “Despite considerable advances in the treatment of lymphoma, a significant number of patients still relapse or become refractory to existing therapies and need new treatment options. We are excited by the 77 percent overall response rate (ORR) in Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), including a 44 percent complete response rate. We are also seeing emerging efficacy signals in T-cell lymphomas (ORR: 33 percent) and B-cell lymphomas (ORR: 19 percent). Although still early, we are very encouraged by a median duration of response for HL patients of over 5 months to-date. The safety profile appears consistent with what we expect with this target and warhead. We are now working to determine the best dosing regimen for Phase II.“
Data were presented from 86 evaluable, heavily pre-treated patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 53 years and they had a median of 4 prior therapies. Data were reported from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Phase I study as of November 1, 2017. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 71 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-150 µg/kg every three weeks. In Part 2 (dose expansion), 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma patients were treated at 45 µg/kg every 3 weeks.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- For the 27 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, the ORR was 77 percent (21/27 patients) with 12 patients achieving a complete response (44 percent) and 9 patients achieving a partial response (33 percent).
- For the 12 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at the 45 µg/kg dose, the ORR was 100 percent (12/12) with 6 patients achieving a complete response (50 percent) and 6 patients achieving a partial response (50 percent).
- For HL patients in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, a complete or partial response was achieved in 21 of 27 patients previously treated with brentuximab vedotin (77 percent), 13 of 18 patients previously treated with a checkpoint inhibitor (72 percent), 9 of 14 patients who had previously undergone a stem cell transplantation (64 percent), and 4 of 8 patients who had previously received all three of these treatments (50 percent).
- ADCT-301 has been reasonably well tolerated.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients in Part 1 and Part 2 were fatigue (30 percent), rash (26 percent), elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (22 percent), and pyrexia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 5 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (13 percent), reduced platelet count (9 percent), elevated alanine aminotransferase (6 percent), anemia (6 percent), and rash (6 percent). There were three heavily pre-treated patients diagnosed with auto-immune neurotoxicity, including two patients who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- These encouraging preliminary safety and efficacy results support further characterization of the dosing regime to optimize the therapeutic window in Hodgkin Lymphoma for a Phase II study.
2. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Data were presented from 33 evaluable, heavily pre-treated, patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 67 years and they had a median of 3 prior therapies. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 33 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-92 µg/kg every three weeks, or 30-37.5 µg/kg once weekly.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- One patient achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- ADCT-301 has shown an acceptable safety profile.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients were fatigue (30 percent), nausea (24 percent), febrile neutropenia (21 percent), and pneumonia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 10 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were febrile neutropenia (21 percent), thrombocytopenia (15 percent), fatigue (12 percent), reduced neutrophil count (12 percent), and pneumonia (12 percent).
- Dose escalation will continue to investigate weekly dosing.
ADCT-301 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of a monoclonal antibody that binds to CD25 (HuMax®-TAC, licensed from Genmab A/S), conjugated to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) dimer toxin. Once bound to a CD25-expresing cell, ADCT-301 is internalized into the cell where enzymes release the PBD-based warhead. CD25 is an attractive target for an ADC approach as it is expressed in a wide range of hematological malignancies, including certain forms of lymphomas and leukemias, while its expression in healthy organs is restricted. ADCT-301 is being evaluated in two ongoing phase Ia/Ib clinical trials in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in patients with relapsed or refractory CD25-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). (www.adct-301.com)
About ADC Therapeutics
ADC Therapeutics SA (ADCT) is an oncology drug development company that specializes in the development of proprietary antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) targeting major types of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. The Company’s ADCs are highly targeted biopharmaceutical drugs that combine monoclonal antibodies specific to surface antigens present on particular tumor cells with a novel class of highly potent pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) based warheads via a chemical linker. The Company has four PBD-based antibody drug conjugates in six ongoing Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the USA and in Europe, and a deep pipeline of other preclinical ADCs in development. ADCT enjoys strong relationships with world class partners, including AstraZeneca and its global biologics research and development arm, MedImmune. The Company is based in Lausanne (Biopôle), Switzerland and has operations in London, San Francisco and New Jersey. (www.adctherapeutics.com).
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
AECOM defines infrastructure’s next chapter with launch of its inaugural global report: The Future of Infrastructure23.1.2018 08:00 | Tiedote
AECOM (NYSE:ACM), a premier, fully integrated global infrastructure firm, released its inaugural global research report today, The Future of Infrastructure, which harnesses survey data and opinions from more than 500 industry decision-makers working in major organizations across the North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific regions. With eight in 10 respondents agreeing this is a pivotal time for the industry, the report examines the problems, priorities and potential in delivering major infrastructure projects around the world. The Future of Infrastructure report can be accessed at: infrastructure.aecom.com . “Infrastructure networks and systems around the globe are under considerable strain. Amid urbanization, climate change and the dizzying pace of technological advances, just narrowing the gap that exists is no longer a sufficient goal. What’s needed is a giant leap forward,” said Michael S. Burke, AECOM’s chairman and chief executive officer. “Our report makes clear that by focus
Neil Diamond Announces Retirement from Concert Touring; Australian and New Zealand Tour Dates Cancelled23.1.2018 06:18 | Tiedote
Legendary singer, songwriter and performer Neil Diamond today announced his retirement from touring due to his recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. The onset of the disease has made it difficult to travel and perform on a large scale basis but will allow Mr. Diamond to continue his writing, recording and development of new projects. Based on his doctors’ advice, the third leg of Diamond’s 50th Anniversary tour, set to land in Australia and New Zealand this March, has been cancelled. “It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring. I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years,” said Neil Diamond. “My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows. I plan to remain active in writing, recording and other projects for a long time to come. My thanks go out to my loyal and devoted audiences around the world. You will always have my appreciation for you
Logitech Delivers Record Sales, Up 22%23.1.2018 05:00 | Tiedote
Logitech International (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced financial results for the third quarter of Fiscal Year 2018. Q3 sales were an all-time record $812 million, up 22 percent in US dollars and 18 percent in constant currency, compared to Q3 of the prior year. Q3 GAAP operating income amounted to $100 million, compared to $96 million in the same quarter a year ago. Q3 GAAP earnings per share (EPS) amounted to $0.48, compared to $0.59 in the same quarter a year ago. GAAP profitability was impacted by a one-time $16 million net tax expense following the reduction in the U.S. federal income tax rate and other reforms. Q3 non-GAAP operating income grew 18 percent to $117 million, compared to $99 million in the same quarter a year ago. Q3 non-GAAP EPS grew 16 percent to $0.65, compared to $0.56 in the same quarter a year ago. Cash flow from operations grew 27 percent to $189 million, the highest quarterly level ever. “This holiday quarter, we’ve delivered our highest quarterly s
bitFlyer Launches in Europe and Becomes the World’s First Bitcoin Exchange to Be Regulated in Japan, the US and Europe23.1.2018 03:01 | Tiedote
bitFlyer, the Tokyo-based operator of the world’s largest1 Bitcoin exchange, today announced its launch into Europe. Having been granted a Payment Institution (PI) license to operate in the European Union it has become the first Bitcoin exchange to be regulated in Japan, the US and Europe, making it the most compliant virtual currency exchange in the world. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122006686/en/ bitFlyer CEO, Yuzo Kano, with Luxembourg Minister of Finance, Pierre Gramegna. (Photo: Business Wire) bitFlyer’s launch into Europe comes hot on the heels of explosive growth in Japan and launch in the US in 2017. With 25 percent2 of worldwide bitcoin exchange volumes being facilitated by bitFlyer and over $250bn in virtual currency traded on its platform in 2017, bitFlyer is the world’s largest Bitcoin exchange and the only one licensed in Europe that will allow users to trade with Japan, the world’s largest
Corsearch Names Diane Plaut as Global General Counsel and Head of HR23.1.2018 00:00 | Tiedote
Corsearch, a trademark and domain solutions leader, is pleased to announce that Diane Plaut has joined the company as Global General Counsel and Head of HR, reporting to President and CEO Tobias Hartmann. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122006527/en/ Diane Plaut, Global General Counsel and Head of HR, Corsearch (Photo: Business Wire) A long-time Corsearch Advisory Board member, client, and collaborator, Ms. Plaut brings to Corsearch over 25 years of experience in global intellectual property law, IP portfolio management, brand protection and enforcement, corporate law, privacy, and compliance. Ms. Plaut’s arrival comes as Corsearch begins a new chapter as an independent company, following its acquisition by Audax Private Equity earlier this month. “Diane is a born leader who is deeply knowledgeable about Corsearch products and services and the industry we serve,” said Mr. Hartmann. “Her passion for our compa
Bacardi to Acquire Patrón Tequila22.1.2018 23:28 | Tiedote
Family-owned Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world, announced today that it is expanding its portfolio of premium spirits with a definitive agreement to acquire 100% ownership of Patrón Spirits International AG and its PATRÓN® brand, the world’s top-selling ultra-premium tequila. The transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions, follows the successful relationship the companies have had for nearly a decade since Bacardi’s initial acquisition of a significant minority stake in Patrón in 2008. The transaction reflects an enterprise value for Patrón of US$5.1 billion and is expected to close in the first half of 2018. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180122006459/en/ Bacardi agrees to acquire 100% ownership of Patrón Spirits International and its PATRÓN® brand, the world’s top-selling ultra-premium tequila. (Photo: Business Wire) According to the most recent IWSR
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme