ADC Therapeutics Announces Interim Phase I Data from its Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate ADCT-301
ADC Therapeutics (ADCT), an oncology drug discovery and development company that specializes in the development of proprietary Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) targeting major cancers, today announced clinical data from two ongoing Phase I clinical trials evaluating ADCT-301 (camidanlumab tesirine or “Cami-T”) in important subtypes of lymphoma and leukemia. The data were presented at the 59th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, USA.
1. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Dr. Steven M. Horwitz, Medical Oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and Principal Investigator, said: “Despite considerable advances in the treatment of lymphoma, a significant number of patients still relapse or become refractory to existing therapies and need new treatment options. We are excited by the 77 percent overall response rate (ORR) in Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), including a 44 percent complete response rate. We are also seeing emerging efficacy signals in T-cell lymphomas (ORR: 33 percent) and B-cell lymphomas (ORR: 19 percent). Although still early, we are very encouraged by a median duration of response for HL patients of over 5 months to-date. The safety profile appears consistent with what we expect with this target and warhead. We are now working to determine the best dosing regimen for Phase II.“
Data were presented from 86 evaluable, heavily pre-treated patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 53 years and they had a median of 4 prior therapies. Data were reported from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Phase I study as of November 1, 2017. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 71 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-150 µg/kg every three weeks. In Part 2 (dose expansion), 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma patients were treated at 45 µg/kg every 3 weeks.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- For the 27 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, the ORR was 77 percent (21/27 patients) with 12 patients achieving a complete response (44 percent) and 9 patients achieving a partial response (33 percent).
- For the 12 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at the 45 µg/kg dose, the ORR was 100 percent (12/12) with 6 patients achieving a complete response (50 percent) and 6 patients achieving a partial response (50 percent).
- For HL patients in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, a complete or partial response was achieved in 21 of 27 patients previously treated with brentuximab vedotin (77 percent), 13 of 18 patients previously treated with a checkpoint inhibitor (72 percent), 9 of 14 patients who had previously undergone a stem cell transplantation (64 percent), and 4 of 8 patients who had previously received all three of these treatments (50 percent).
- ADCT-301 has been reasonably well tolerated.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients in Part 1 and Part 2 were fatigue (30 percent), rash (26 percent), elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (22 percent), and pyrexia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 5 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (13 percent), reduced platelet count (9 percent), elevated alanine aminotransferase (6 percent), anemia (6 percent), and rash (6 percent). There were three heavily pre-treated patients diagnosed with auto-immune neurotoxicity, including two patients who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- These encouraging preliminary safety and efficacy results support further characterization of the dosing regime to optimize the therapeutic window in Hodgkin Lymphoma for a Phase II study.
2. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Data were presented from 33 evaluable, heavily pre-treated, patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 67 years and they had a median of 3 prior therapies. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 33 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-92 µg/kg every three weeks, or 30-37.5 µg/kg once weekly.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- One patient achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- ADCT-301 has shown an acceptable safety profile.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients were fatigue (30 percent), nausea (24 percent), febrile neutropenia (21 percent), and pneumonia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 10 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were febrile neutropenia (21 percent), thrombocytopenia (15 percent), fatigue (12 percent), reduced neutrophil count (12 percent), and pneumonia (12 percent).
- Dose escalation will continue to investigate weekly dosing.
ADCT-301 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of a monoclonal antibody that binds to CD25 (HuMax®-TAC, licensed from Genmab A/S), conjugated to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) dimer toxin. Once bound to a CD25-expresing cell, ADCT-301 is internalized into the cell where enzymes release the PBD-based warhead. CD25 is an attractive target for an ADC approach as it is expressed in a wide range of hematological malignancies, including certain forms of lymphomas and leukemias, while its expression in healthy organs is restricted. ADCT-301 is being evaluated in two ongoing phase Ia/Ib clinical trials in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in patients with relapsed or refractory CD25-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). (www.adct-301.com)
About ADC Therapeutics
ADC Therapeutics SA (ADCT) is an oncology drug development company that specializes in the development of proprietary antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) targeting major types of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. The Company’s ADCs are highly targeted biopharmaceutical drugs that combine monoclonal antibodies specific to surface antigens present on particular tumor cells with a novel class of highly potent pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) based warheads via a chemical linker. The Company has four PBD-based antibody drug conjugates in six ongoing Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the USA and in Europe, and a deep pipeline of other preclinical ADCs in development. ADCT enjoys strong relationships with world class partners, including AstraZeneca and its global biologics research and development arm, MedImmune. The Company is based in Lausanne (Biopôle), Switzerland and has operations in London, San Francisco and New Jersey. (www.adctherapeutics.com).
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Koza Altin Welcomes Court’s Rejection of Akin Ipek’s Share Purchase Agreement13.7.2018 18:58 | Tiedote
A Turkish Court has found against businessman Akin Ipek this week – ruling that a share purchase agreement, which he had submitted as vital evidence in support of his case against the Turkish state, is null and void. The matter was brought to the Ankara Commercial Court in March 2017 by Koza Holding (parent company of Koza Altin) which, according to Mr Ipek’s share purchase agreement, purportedly transferred all of its shares to Ipek Investment Limited. Koza Holding filed the lawsuit for legal recognition that the share purchase agreement is void. The ruling in Turkey follows on from an earlier judgment set down by the English High Court, which rejected Mr Ipek’s attempt to use up to £3m of UK subsidiary Koza Ltd’s money to fund a claim against the Turkish State at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). In the English ruling, Deputy Judge Richard Spearman QC declared the “authenticity” of the share purchase agreement as “open to very serious doubt”. The
Mindbreeze Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines13.7.2018 18:27 | Tiedote
Mindbreeze, a leading global provider of appliances and cloud services for information insight and applied artificial intelligence with a focus on knowledge management for leading international companies, announced today that Gartner, Inc. has positioned Mindbreeze in the Leaders quadrant of the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines. Mindbreeze is positioned highest on the ability to execute axis. The research and advisory firm Gartner, Inc. evaluated 13 different providers from all over the world. “Understanding the meaning of information is a key priority for today’s customers. Mindbreeze InSpire leverages the full power of our sophisticated AI engine to provide actionable insights and answers ̶ not just more data. Seeing our position in the Magic Quadrant, my first reaction was ‘AWESOME’. Insight Engine was positioned the highest on the ability to execute axis and we believe that's exactly what sets us apart from our competitors. We made the bold move to focus on product innovatio
H.I.G. Capital Announces the Sale of Kondor13.7.2018 17:06 | Tiedote
H.I.G. Capital (“H.I.G.”), a leading global private equity investment firm with more than €20 billion of equity capital under management, announced today that one of its affiliates has sold Kondor Limited, a specialist provider of category management solutions for audio and mobile accessory products into the retail and mobile network channels in the UK and Europe, to DCC Technology (which principally trades under the Exertis brand), part of DCC plc, the leading international sales, marketing and support services group. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Headquartered in Dorset, England, Kondor distributes audio and mobile accessory products to a broad range of e-tail, retail and mobile operator customers. H.I.G. invested in Kondor in 2014, and has since overseen a full reorganisation of the business. H.I.G. worked in partnership with Kondor to professionalise back office systems, develop Kondor’s access to market data, optimise the company’s product range, improve stock manag
Contactless Technology Powers Fifty Percent of Purchases at 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™13.7.2018 12:00 | Tiedote
Visa (NYSE: V), the Official Payment Services Partner of FIFA, today released an analysis of spending inside the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ stadiums from the opening match on June 14 through the semi-finals on July 11. The data highlights the increased consumer adoption of innovative payment technology, as fifty percent of purchases with Visa in tournament venues utilized contactless transactions, including cards, mobile devices and wearables. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180713005025/en/ For the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, Visa is the exclusive payment service in all stadiums where payment cards are accepted. In-stadium, fans can pay with contactless Visa credit and debit cards and mobile payment services at the more than 3,500 point-of-sale terminals and 1,000 mobile concessionaires that have been equipped with the latest in payment innovation. (Photo: Business Wire) Visa cardholders on average spent 1,
Brazil Approves AerSafe for Airbus 321 Aircraft to Comply with Fuel Tank Flammability Reduction Rule12.7.2018 22:18 | Tiedote
AerSale ® announced today that the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC) has approved the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA’s) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the company’s AerSafe™ system on Airbus 321 aircraft (ST04010NY), that complies with the Fuel Tank Flammability Reduction (FTFR) rule. This is the second ANAC STC approval for AerSafe, following approval on Boeing 737 CL aircraft in 2017. In the coming months, AerSafe will be expanded to cover additional aircraft types, to meet the September 2019 deadline of the ANAC regulation, Regulamento Brasileiro da Avaiação Civil (RBAC) nº 121.1117, that applies specifically to passenger aircraft that fly within or into Brazil. AerSale’s STCs for the Boeing 737 CL and NG series (ST02980NY) and Boeing 767 series (ST03599NY) have already been approved by the FAA. “We are pleased that our Latin American customers operating A320 family aircraft are now able to immediately benefit from AerSafe’s numerous advantages,” said
Blockchain-based Adents NovaTrack Issues Token to Standardize Access to Comprehensive Supply Chain Traceability12.7.2018 21:20 | Tiedote
Adents, leading serialization and track & trace solutions provider, announces the issue of tokens that, combined with its NovaTrack platform, will standardize access to full supply chain traceability. Adents recently released Adents NovaTrack, a marriage of technologies co-developed with Microsoft. The solution utilizes Blockchain, A.I., IoT and serialization functionalities that, when combined, bring comprehensive visibility throughout product distribution chains & life cycles. The result is a solution highly mindful not only in terms of performance and security, but also governance and scalability. With NovaTrack, Adents aims to create an ecosystem of consortium-based blockchains independent from each other, and individually launched on-demand by various supply chain stakeholders (brands, manufacturers, logistics professionals, etc.). Each consortium-based blockchain will provide a secure environment to its participants to share supply chain data and processes. From brands, manufactu
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme