ADC Therapeutics Announces Interim Phase I Data from its Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate ADCT-301
ADC Therapeutics (ADCT), an oncology drug discovery and development company that specializes in the development of proprietary Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) targeting major cancers, today announced clinical data from two ongoing Phase I clinical trials evaluating ADCT-301 (camidanlumab tesirine or “Cami-T”) in important subtypes of lymphoma and leukemia. The data were presented at the 59th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, USA.
1. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Dr. Steven M. Horwitz, Medical Oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, and Principal Investigator, said: “Despite considerable advances in the treatment of lymphoma, a significant number of patients still relapse or become refractory to existing therapies and need new treatment options. We are excited by the 77 percent overall response rate (ORR) in Hodgkin Lymphoma (HL), including a 44 percent complete response rate. We are also seeing emerging efficacy signals in T-cell lymphomas (ORR: 33 percent) and B-cell lymphomas (ORR: 19 percent). Although still early, we are very encouraged by a median duration of response for HL patients of over 5 months to-date. The safety profile appears consistent with what we expect with this target and warhead. We are now working to determine the best dosing regimen for Phase II.“
Data were presented from 86 evaluable, heavily pre-treated patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 53 years and they had a median of 4 prior therapies. Data were reported from Part 1 and Part 2 of the Phase I study as of November 1, 2017. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 71 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-150 µg/kg every three weeks. In Part 2 (dose expansion), 15 Hodgkin Lymphoma patients were treated at 45 µg/kg every 3 weeks.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- For the 27 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, the ORR was 77 percent (21/27 patients) with 12 patients achieving a complete response (44 percent) and 9 patients achieving a partial response (33 percent).
- For the 12 response-evaluable patients with HL in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at the 45 µg/kg dose, the ORR was 100 percent (12/12) with 6 patients achieving a complete response (50 percent) and 6 patients achieving a partial response (50 percent).
- For HL patients in Part 1 and Part 2, treated at doses greater than or equal to 45 µg/kg, a complete or partial response was achieved in 21 of 27 patients previously treated with brentuximab vedotin (77 percent), 13 of 18 patients previously treated with a checkpoint inhibitor (72 percent), 9 of 14 patients who had previously undergone a stem cell transplantation (64 percent), and 4 of 8 patients who had previously received all three of these treatments (50 percent).
- ADCT-301 has been reasonably well tolerated.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients in Part 1 and Part 2 were fatigue (30 percent), rash (26 percent), elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (22 percent), and pyrexia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 5 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were elevated gamma-glutamyltransferase (13 percent), reduced platelet count (9 percent), elevated alanine aminotransferase (6 percent), anemia (6 percent), and rash (6 percent). There were three heavily pre-treated patients diagnosed with auto-immune neurotoxicity, including two patients who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- These encouraging preliminary safety and efficacy results support further characterization of the dosing regime to optimize the therapeutic window in Hodgkin Lymphoma for a Phase II study.
2. Interim results of a Phase I open label, single agent, dose-escalating study of ADCT-301 evaluating tolerability, safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Data were presented from 33 evaluable, heavily pre-treated, patients who had failed, or were intolerant to, any established therapy known to provide clinical benefit. The median age of patients was 67 years and they had a median of 3 prior therapies. In Part 1 (dose escalation), 33 patients were treated at dose ranges from 3-92 µg/kg every three weeks, or 30-37.5 µg/kg once weekly.
Key findings presented at the poster presentation included:
- One patient achieved a complete response with incomplete blood count recovery.
- ADCT-301 has shown an acceptable safety profile.
- The most common treatment-emergent adverse events of any grade occurring in at least 20 percent of patients were fatigue (30 percent), nausea (24 percent), febrile neutropenia (21 percent), and pneumonia (21 percent). The most common Grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurring in at least 10 percent of patients, regardless of attribution, were febrile neutropenia (21 percent), thrombocytopenia (15 percent), fatigue (12 percent), reduced neutrophil count (12 percent), and pneumonia (12 percent).
- Dose escalation will continue to investigate weekly dosing.
ADCT-301 is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) composed of a monoclonal antibody that binds to CD25 (HuMax®-TAC, licensed from Genmab A/S), conjugated to a pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) dimer toxin. Once bound to a CD25-expresing cell, ADCT-301 is internalized into the cell where enzymes release the PBD-based warhead. CD25 is an attractive target for an ADC approach as it is expressed in a wide range of hematological malignancies, including certain forms of lymphomas and leukemias, while its expression in healthy organs is restricted. ADCT-301 is being evaluated in two ongoing phase Ia/Ib clinical trials in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in patients with relapsed or refractory CD25-positive acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). (www.adct-301.com)
About ADC Therapeutics
ADC Therapeutics SA (ADCT) is an oncology drug development company that specializes in the development of proprietary antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) targeting major types of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. The Company’s ADCs are highly targeted biopharmaceutical drugs that combine monoclonal antibodies specific to surface antigens present on particular tumor cells with a novel class of highly potent pyrrolobenzodiazepine (PBD) based warheads via a chemical linker. The Company has four PBD-based antibody drug conjugates in six ongoing Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the USA and in Europe, and a deep pipeline of other preclinical ADCs in development. ADCT enjoys strong relationships with world class partners, including AstraZeneca and its global biologics research and development arm, MedImmune. The Company is based in Lausanne (Biopôle), Switzerland and has operations in London, San Francisco and New Jersey. (www.adctherapeutics.com).
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Smart Link Accelerates Digital Service Expansion with Avaya Cloud Contact Center Solutions17.10.2018 15:37 | Tiedote
Smart Link, a subsidiary of Al Khaleej for Training and Education and a leading Saudi-based Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company, has teamed up with Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE:AVYA) to accelerate Smart Link’s expansion and the diversification of its digital services portfolio. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005478/en/ Avaya signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Smart Link during GITEX Technology Week 2018 (Photo: Business Wire) The two companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) during GITEX Technology Week with a focus on digital and cloud-based solutions that will enable Smart Link to have greater agility and flexibility in meeting its customers’ demands for digital services. In alignment with Saudi Vision 2030, Smart Link is digitalizing and automating all possible duties to increase its human value while delivering cutting-edge communication solutions to connect government and priv
Visa Unveils New Partners on Tokenization to Help Increase Payment Security and Reduce Effects of Data Breaches17.10.2018 15:00 | Tiedote
Visa Inc. (NYSE:V) today announced the commercial expansion of the Visa Token Service for credential-on-file (COF) token requestors, marking a major milestone towards further securing consumer payments in the digital channel. With this expansion, acquirer gateway and technology partners Adyen, AsiaPay, Braintree, Checkout.com, Cherri Tech, CyberSource, Elavon, Ezidebit, eWAY, Fit-Pay, Giesecke & Devrient, PayPal, Payscout, Rambus, SafeCharge, SecureCo, Square, Stripe, Worldpay and YellowPepper are or will soon be able to tokenize credential-on-file digital payments on behalf of their merchant and payment clients. Built on top of the EMVCo Payment Tokenization Standard, the Visa Token Service offers another layer of security by replacing sensitive cardholder information, such as personal account numbers and expiration dates, with a unique digital identifier (a “token”) that can be used for payment without exposing a cardholder’s more sensitive account information. In addition to enhanci
Moody’s Names Derek Vadala as Global Head of Cyber Risk for MIS17.10.2018 14:00 | Tiedote
Moody’s Corporation (NYSE:MCO) today announced that it has named Derek Vadala as Global Head of Cyber Risk for Moody’s Investors Service (MIS). In this newly-established role, Mr. Vadala will develop MIS’s capabilities for evaluating cyber risk, including a framework for the consideration of cybersecurity risk in credit analysis, and will spearhead innovative research, analytics and market outreach in this area. “As with environmental, social and governance risks, we see cyber risk as an area of increasing relevance to issuers, investors, counterparties and government authorities as it impacts operational and credit risk. Moody’s has a unique perspective that can help enhance market understanding of the ways credit and cyber risk intersect,” said Rob Fauber, President of Moody’s Investors Service. “Derek has a wealth of direct leadership experience in cyber and information security, and we are fortunate to have him lead the development of our cyber risk analysis capabilities.” Mr. Vada
Nadia Murad to Speak at Sharjah Conference Aimed at Boosting Opportunities for MENA’s Youth17.10.2018 13:29 | Tiedote
In the run up to one of MENA region’s premier conferences dedicated to addressing development challenges and humanitarian issues, the third edition of ‘Investing in the Future’ Conference (IIFMENA) slated for October 24-25 in Sharjah, UAE, will be seeing participation of Iraqi Human rights activist and 2018 Nobel peace prize winner, Nadia Murad. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005371/en/ Nadia Murad (Archive) With key partners UNHCR, UNICEF, UNDP and NAMA-UN Women, IIFMENA 2018 will shed the spotlight on ways governments, civil society, international organisations, academia, private sector can collaborate to involve the region’s youth more effectively in consultative, policy- and decision-making processes, enabling a more inclusive and participatory approach to tackling challenges and offering practical, scalable solutions. It is the first time since the 25-year-old Iraqi human rights activist has receiv
Bentley Systems Releases Open-Source Library: iModel.js17.10.2018 11:58 | Tiedote
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced the initial release of its iModel.js library, an open-source initiative to improve the accessibility, for both visualization and analytical visibility, of infrastructure digital twins. iModel.js can be used by developers and IT professionals to quickly and easily create immersive applications that connect their infrastructure digital twins with the rest of their digital world. iModel.js is the cornerstone of Bentley’s just-announced iTwin™ Services that combine iModelHub, reality modeling, and web-enabling software technologies within a Connected Data Environment (CDE) for infrastructure engineering. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005008/en/ Bentley Systems Releases Open-Source Library: iModel.js.(Photo: Business Wire) Be
WHOOP, the Human Performance Company, Launches in Europe17.10.2018 10:00 | Tiedote
WHOOP, the human performance company, is now available to European consumers for the first time. Launched in the US in 2014, WHOOP is now shipping to countries throughout Europe via the WHOOP website. Initial countries include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Many pro athletes and teams across Europe are already using WHOOP, which was first made available to consumers in the US in 2016. WHOOP was co-founded in 2012 by former Harvard students Will Ahmed, John Capodilupo and Aurelian Nicolae. As captain of Harvard’s D1 squash team, Ahmed, the company's CEO, found that he and his teammates frequently over trained, misinterpreted fitness peaks, and underestimated recovery and sleep, often leading to injury. He became inspired by a simple idea: Humans, especially athletes, could optimize their daily performance if they had a systematic approach to understanding their bodies. The WHOOP Strap 2.0 is a wearable d
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme