Alibaba’s Enhanced IP Protection Platform Now Eliminates Fake Listings in Less Than 24 Hours
At its Brand Rights Holders Day in Beijing, Alibaba Group (NYSE:BABA) today unveiled enhancements to its Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Platform. In the first month since the “express” technology enhancements were made, almost all cases submitted by rights holders were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which more than 80% of the listings were also taken down. Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform is used by brands and IP owners to flag and request the take down of counterfeit or IP-infringing product listings.
Key highlights of Alibaba’s IP Protection Platform technology upgrades include:
- A single entry point across all Alibaba e-commerce platforms and streamlined process to assess the validity of complaints;
- A more-automated complaints-processing, analysis, and product-authentication system powered by new algorithms and data models;
- A dedicated team of IPR professionals to reduce response time for inbound inquiries, as well as proactive outreach to new IPP users and those with more complicated IPR cases;
- Broader brand-protection technological capabilities, for instance, multi-lingual trademark-recognition; and
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) for easier discovery of and access to the IPP platform.
Of the complaints received, 96% were handled and closed within 24 hours, among which 83% of the listings were also taken down. The remaining 17% were declined mainly for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove infringement or a mismatch between the complained listing and IP documents filed.
To ensure continuous improvements to the IPP Platform, Alibaba will conduct regular satisfaction surveys and invite rights holders to provide feedback about their user experience.
Building Trust with Brands and Rights Holders
At the Brand Rights Holders Day, Alibaba engaged with the 180 brand representatives to discuss ways to further improve online and offline IP protection and build up mutual trust.
“Brand trust is core to our mission,” said Jessie Zheng, Alibaba’s chief platform governance officer. “Our enhanced platform, along with significant progress in other important initiatives all showcase the industry best practices Alibaba is creating for the benefit of all our stakeholders.”
The Brand Right Holders Day event and platform upgrade received positive feedback from participating brands, who said they gained more in-depth knowledge and understanding about the IP-protection tools at their disposal.
“As a long-standing partner of Alibaba’s, I’m impressed with the technology upgrades to the platform we saw today, and appreciate Alibaba’s openness about its processes and willingness to seek our input on how to better work together. As a brand, I learned a lot, which instills our continued trust in Alibaba to protect our IP,” said Jessica Guo, Senior Legal Manager, Spalding.
Additional Significant Progress in IP Protection Reported
The operator of the world’s largest online and mobile marketplaces also shared recent progress made in furthering brand and stakeholder collaboration, law-enforcement partnerships and legal action against IPR infringers. Highlights included:
- A significant agreement by Alibaba Group and French luxury group Kering last week to cooperate in efforts to protect intellectual property and take joint enforcement actions online and offline against infringers.
Day in July, where Alibaba and IPR agencies – who work on
behalf of rights holders to protect their IP – met to share
experiences, best practices and discuss how to best work together to
protect rights holders’ IP.
"The willingness to cooperate, to talk directly with customers…and find real solutions to the problems we face, this is something hard to find in other marketplaces,” said Joan Porta, online brand protection manager at Red Points. “Having someone you can talk to, bring your problems to and get effective responses from, Alibaba is clearly in a top position among marketplaces."
- Creation of the Alibaba Anti-Counterfeiting Alliance (AACA) , a collaboration between Alibaba and 30 international and Chinese brands that leverages big data and the latest technologies to enable a cooperative, global, 24-hour anti-counterfeiting network. Members include Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Amway and Mars, among others. Since its formation in January, the AACA has met twice and is making tangible progress towards its goals. Another meeting is scheduled for September.
- Formation last month of the “ Cloud Sword Alliance ,” a partnership with provincial governments of 13 Chinese provinces, providing law-enforcement bodies with data to track down and prosecute criminal rings and activities. This broader alliance grew out of a single, four-month cooperative investigation with provincial law-enforcement authorities in 2015. The technology behind Cloud Sword involves complex algorithms and machine learning from Alibaba’s technological ecosystem. The technology is able to track not just illegal transactions, but also trace them upstream to the production source.
- A legal victory against a seller of fake cat food on Taobao, with a Shanghai court last month ordering the IPR infringer to pay damages. The case was one of three civil suits Alibaba has lodged against IPR violators on its platforms so far this year. At the start of the year, Alibaba sued two Taobao vendors for selling fake Swarovski watches. And in May, Alibaba went to court to seek damages against a Taobao vendor who was previously convicted of trademark violation by selling fake Wuliangye-branded spirits.
- Proactive monitoring for improper use of branded keywords. Since last year, Alibaba has focused on cracking down on merchants who attempt to mislead consumers through misappropriation of branded keywords in the titles of product listings. Alibaba continues to use advanced algorithms to identify, block and remove them and root out repeat offenders, and results are showing. Valid complaints about misuse of trademark keywords decreased 84% through July this year from a year earlier.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba Group's mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company aims to build the future infrastructure of commerce. It envisions that its customers will meet, work and live at Alibaba, and that it will be a company that lasts at least 102 years.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Seoul Semiconductor’s SunLike Series LEDs Win Product of the Year Award from Elektronik Magazine23.3.2018 21:28 | Tiedote
Seoul Semiconductor, a global innovator of LED products and technology, announced on March 23rd that its SunLike Series natural spectrum LED product won the Gold Award at the Elektronik Product of the Year 2018 Awards, hosted by Elektronik (http://www.elektroniknet.de), a leading German electronics publication. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180323005646/en/ Product of the Year Award from Elektronik Magazine (SunLike) (Photo: Business Wire) As a publication specializing in electrical and electronic components, “Elektronik” is a prestigious magazine with an illustrious history and the largest number of subscribers in Germany. Over the past 20 years, they have conducted annual surveys among their subscribers to find the “most creative and innovative products.” Based on these survey results, Elektronik selects the top product that with the most impact in its corresponding field, and confers the awards accordingl
Elliott Welcomes Imminent Bezeq Board Overhaul and New Era for Strong Independent Governance23.3.2018 19:05 | Tiedote
Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited (“Elliott”), which advises funds which collectively hold a significant economic interest in Bezeq The Israeli Telecommunication Corporation Ltd. (“Bezeq” or the “Company”), welcomes the proposed governance reforms announced by Bezeq last night. In its initial letter to Bezeq Interim Chairman David Granot, dated January 16, 2018, Elliott outlined the urgent need to address the Company’s serious corporate governance issues, and called for changes at the Board level that result in “the right mixture of expertise, independence and integrity for the future.” Elliott stated then, and reiterates now, its belief that “there is significant value to be unlocked if the right steps are taken to improve its corporate governance.” Bezeq has strong business fundamentals, an exemplary workforce, and great potential. Following yesterday’s announcement, Elliott highlights the changes that have occurred since January 16th. Taken together, these amount to a revolution in the
Clovis Oncology Initiates Early Access Program for Rucaparib as Treatment and as Maintenance Therapy in Recurrent Ovarian Cancer in Europe23.3.2018 15:52 | Tiedote
Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLVS) today announced the initiation of an early access program in Europe for rucaparib for treatment and as maintenance therapy in recurrent ovarian cancer. The program will be overseen and implemented by Caligor Coghlan, which specializes in early access to medicines. The program, to be known as the Rucaparib Access Program (RAP), will enable participation from certain countries in Europe, where permitted by applicable rules, procedures and regulatory authorities. The RAP protocol allows for rucaparib treatment of an individual patient with third-line or greater BRCA mutant epithelial, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal ovarian cancer who has platinum-sensitive disease and is unable to tolerate further platinum-based chemotherapy or has platinum-resistant disease and needs treatment with single agent rucaparib. The RAP protocol will also provide access to rucaparib for maintenance therapy of an individual patient with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fal
CHMP Grants Positive Opinion for Clovis Oncology’s Rubraca® (rucaparib) Tablets23.3.2018 15:50 | Tiedote
Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVS) today announced that the European Union’s (EU) European Medicines Agency (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has adopted a positive opinion recommending the granting of a conditional marketing authorization for Rubraca as monotherapy treatment of adult patients with platinum sensitive, relapsed or progressive, BRCA mutated (germline and/or somatic), high-grade epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer, who have been treated with two or more prior lines of platinum based chemotherapy, and who are unable to tolerate further platinum based chemotherapy. The European Marketing Authorization application for the treatment indication was based on objective response rate and duration of response results from two multicenter, single-arm, open-label clinical trials, Study 10 and ARIEL2, in women with advanced BRCA mutant ovarian cancer who had progressed after two or more prior chemotherapies. “The recommendation
Janssen Announces Positive CHMP Opinion for JULUCATM▼ (dolutegravir/rilpivirine)23.3.2018 15:46 | Tiedote
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has issued a Positive Opinion recommending marketing authorisation for JULUCA™ (dolutegravir 50mg [ViiV Healthcare UK Ltd]/rilpivirine 25mg [Janssen Sciences Ireland UC]). Dolutegravir/rilpivirine is a single-pill, two-drug regimen for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA <50 c/mL) on a stable antiretroviral regimen for at least six months with no history of virological failure and no known or suspected resistance to any non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) or integrase strand transfer inhibitor (INSTI).1 “We are delighted to be one step closer to bringing JULUCA™ to people living with HIV in Europe,” said Mathai Mammen, M.D., Ph.D., Global Head, Janssen Research & Development, LLC. “Building on our 25-year c
Aitheon Executives Educate World Leaders on Benefits, Challenges of AI at the Annual World Government Summit in Dubai23.3.2018 15:00 | Tiedote
Aitheon, makers of the world’s first blockchain-powered platform to solve real problems by integrating AI, robotics, IoT, human specialists and cryptocurrency, announced today that executives from the company held a series of high-level briefings with world leaders at the Annual World Government Summit in Dubai. Briefings covered the benefits and challenges of AI, and revolutionary new solutions to world challenges made possible by transformative new technologies. (Read the full release at www.aitheon.com/news) This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180323005269/en/ Aitheon founder and CEO, Andrew Archer, and Chief Strategy Officer, Ryan Burleson, were invited to brief leaders at the Summit by Cyrus Hodes, Co-founder and Director of the AI Initiative, an undertaking of the Future Society at Harvard University’s Kennedy School. Archer and Burleson addressed a variety of AI-related topics, including the impact of AI on
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme