Armis Announces Significant Business Momentum in Healthcare
HIMSS – Armis, the leading asset visibility and security company, today announced significant business momentum in the healthcare sector driven by healthcare and life sciences companies choosing the Armis Platform to identify and secure their medical devices. Armis has become a critical partner to global healthcare and life sciences organizations to help identify the entire digital landscape across IoMT, OT, IoT and IT assets essential to connected care delivery.
Armis supports healthcare and life sciences organizations globally, including 5 out of 8 of the largest healthcare companies by market cap and leading organizations, such as Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Nuvance Health, Main Line Health, Corewell, Advent Health and Institute Curie. Over the past year, Armis has continued to grow its partnerships with new customers across the healthcare sector, resulting in 115% customer growth year-over-year, on average. Armis has been recently recognized in both the Inc. 5000 Regionals: Pacific and the Deloitte Fast 500 for its rapid trajectory and revenue growth.
“Our work in the healthcare sector is critically important,” said Yevgeny Dibrov, CEO and Co-founder of Armis. “Securing medical assets and patient care environments in light of the evolving threat landscape is essential to healthcare delivery organizations operating with no disruptions so that these essential providers can focus on patient care. It’s this convergence of cyber-physical systems and the impact we are having on society as a whole that drives us to continue to go above and beyond to support this critical sector.”
Threats Targeting Healthcare Organizations on the Rise
According to proprietary data from the Armis Asset Intelligence and Security Platform collected between January 1, 2023 and March 31, 2023, organizations in the healthcare sector have experienced a 31% increase in threat activity when compared to the three months prior.
The Armis State of Cyberwarfare and Trends Report: 2022-2023 found that 72% of respondents responsible for IT in healthcare, medical, and pharmaceutical environments agree that their boards of directors are changing their organization’s culture towards cybersecurity in response to the threat of cyberwarfare. This trend is driven by the prevalence and steady cadence of cyberattacks on the healthcare sector, and respondents indicated they are somewhat or very concerned about the impact of cyberwarfare on their organizations as a whole (70%), their company’s critical infrastructure (72%), and their company’s services (68%).
Why Organizations Have Chosen Armis
- “Of all the vendors we looked at, Armis provided the fastest time to value and the widest coverage. Because it’s cloud-based, Armis is also simple to manage. All these factors made it easy to choose Armis, frankly. Thanks to Armis, we’ve already uncovered a series of potential cyber risks. Without the Armis deployment, we never would have known they existed. It has already paid for itself.” - Mike Towers, Chief Security and Trust Officer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- “Armis gives us precision-based evidence so we can deal with third-party suppliers who are connected to our infrastructure and hold them accountable. Now we can tell them what state their equipment is in and what needs to be done to bring the equipment into compliance with our contractual agreements. All of this helps make our environment a safer place from a cybersecurity perspective.” - Dr. Michael Connolly, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- “We are looking at Armis as a new way to gain insights into our network. It only takes a little bit of effort on our part to get an enormous amount of information. Prior to Armis, the amount of work it would take to collect that data would be beyond our capabilities.” - Brian Schultz, Director of Network Operations and Security, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
- “Armis was great – it showed us everything the competing vendors discovered and then some. The PoV resulted in comprehensive visibility to all connected devices, identification of vulnerabilities, network traffic, and even tagging of biomedical devices that were on the FDA recall list. Armis has uncovered an even greater number of what I call ‘moderately managed’ biomedical devices, which are dispersed throughout the organization. Getting our arms around that has been a tremendous advantage. Typically, Armis provides us with the visibility we need to remediate an asset in about one minute. In the past, tracking down the device and pulling in the network data would take us a minimum of two hours or more.” - security leadership at a large U.S. regional healthcare provider
- “We lacked a cohesive understanding of where everything was located, what our devices were doing, and what they were talking to. Asset discovery was a challenge, as was vulnerability management. In an environment that has IT, IoT, and OT devices, not everything is ‘agent able.’ From a visionary perspective, Armis has it all. It’s doing exactly what it’s designed to do.”- Security Engineer for a medical equipment and technology provider
- “Armis IoT Solutions is part of our long-term plans. We use the solution as part of our medical device security monitoring efforts, but there are two additional uses for the system that we have found that were not in our original project plan. First, Armis IoT Solutions is going to help us with our configuration management database. Second, the IoT devices are not necessarily medical, so we are going to work to be able to use the tool for things like badge readers, cameras, and so on. So we are going to use Armis IoT Solutions for more than just IoMT monitoring, and we are going to use the solution for much more than we originally planned.” – Manager at a healthcare delivery organization
- “Armis has the best mix of operational technology, the IoT, and the IoMT of vendors that are on the market. The product works great. We are using it for more than what we originally bought it for, and from a value proposition, that means that we are doing pretty darn well and definitely looking forward to continuing to partner with Armis.” – CISO at a healthcare delivery organization
- “Armis IoT Solutions is a great product. I have been in the world of medical device security for years, so I have seen a number of different tools, devices, and so forth, and I would definitely put Armis at the top of the market, especially when it comes to the vendor’s technology but also because of the knowledge that the vendor’s staff has.” – Manager at a healthcare delivery organization
“The key differentiators for the Armis platform include strong risk and vulnerability management capabilities,” said Rohan Paul, Analyst at Quadrant Knowledge Solutions. “Further, the company’s extensive Collective Asset Intelligence Engine, the agentless security approach, passive, real-time monitoring with no latency or disruption of operations, its querying capabilities, and the intelligent reporting and analytic tools that can help HDOs optimize usage/performance of their assets are a few components that set Armis apart from its competitors. Based on our analysis of the company’s capabilities compared to the market, Armis is a clear leader for its technology excellence and customer impact.”
This momentum comes on the heels of Armis’ announcement that it has surpassed the 100m USD mark in annual recurring revenue (ARR), growing from 1m to 100m USD in less than 5 years. Additionally, Armis was recently named the most innovative company globally in the security category by Fast Company in its prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. It also ranked #14 in the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies list. Additionally, Armis was recognized as a Hot Company in Healthcare IoT Security in Cyber Defense Magazine’s Global InfoSec Awards.
Armis has been recognized by a number of analyst firms, including:
- Armis was named a top performer by KLAS Research in the 2023 Best in KLAS Software & Services Report for Healthcare IoT Security.
- The company was named a clear leader for technology excellence and customer impact by Quadrant Knowledge Solutions in its recent report, SPARK Matrix: Connected Medical Device Security Solutions, Q4 2022.
- Armis was named a Representative Vendor in the March 2023 Gartner® Market Guide for Medical Device Security Solutions.
- Armis was named a sample vendor in the Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Real-Time Health System Technologies , 2022.
Partners Critical to the Equation
Armis' Partner Experience (APEX) program is committed to building long-term, strategic relationships between Armis and its partners, and fostering collaboration to serve customers in the best way possible. Armis partners in the healthcare industry include Fortified Health, Nuvolo, TRIMEDX, Fortinet and Illumio.
As part of the business’ continuing expansion efforts and its aim to make accessing its services as easy as possible, Armis is now available on both Google Cloud Marketplace and AWS Marketplace giving the firm extended market reach.
Armis is attending HIMSS April 17-21, 2023 in Chicago, IL to continue to serve at the forefront of thought leadership discussions surrounding healthcare cybersecurity, with a session taking place Wednesday, April 19, 2023 from 3:45pm - 4:05pm CT titled: Hackers Rush in Where Agents Fear to Tread. To meet with Armis at HIMSS, please visit booth 2276 or Kiosk 4309-48 in the Cyber Command Center.
To learn more about how Armis is helping healthcare organizations improve their cybersecurity posture and for additional information about the company, please visit: https://www.armis.com/cybersecurity/healthcare/.
Armis, the leading asset visibility and security company, provides the industry’s first unified asset intelligence platform designed to address the new extended attack surface that connected assets create. Fortune 100 companies trust our real-time and continuous protection to see with full context all managed, unmanaged assets across IT, cloud, IoT devices, medical devices (IoMT), operational technology (OT), industrial control systems (ICS), and 5G. Armis provides passive cyber asset management, risk management, and automated enforcement. Armis is a privately held company and headquartered in California.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230417005098/en/
Senior Director, Global Communications
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
AOP Health: Completed Study Strengthens Clinical Development Program for ropeginterferon alpha 2b (Besremi®) in polycythaemia vera2.6.2023 05:00:00 EEST | Press release
With the publication of the final results from the LOW-PV study in the New England Journal of Medicine Evidence conducted by Fondazione per la Ricerca dell'Ospedale di Bergamo (FROM) under the leadership of Professor Tiziano Barbui, AOP Health announces an important advancement reinforcing its clinical development program for ropeginterferon alpha-2b (BESREMi®) in polycythaemia vera (PV), a rare blood cancer. The academic LOW-PV study supported and funded by AOP Health and public organizations in Italy complements a series of trials performed by AOP Health over more than 10 years to achieve marketing authorization in Europe and the Middle East. With these clinical studies, including PEGINVERA, PROUD-PV, and CONTINUATION-PV, AOP Health opened a new area of treatment options for patients suffering from PV. A further study (PEN-PV) was performed to develop a pen for self-injection allowing ease of self-administration, exact dosing and minimal waste of the medical product. AOP Health’s com
The Podium Welcomes the Conquerors of 2023 Taklimakan Rally!2.6.2023 04:33:00 EEST | Press release
Among the 97 autos and 37 motorcycles who have started the Rally in Aksu on May 20, 76 autos and 31 motos have successfully withstood the tough challenges and reached the finish line. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230601005748/en/ As the 15th edition of Taklimakan Rally, the 2023 Taklimakan Rally lasts for 13 days. The 4258 km total stage contains 1 SSS, 9 stages and 2 rest days. The rally sets foot in the south west of Xinjiang and covers 3 regions of Aksu, Kashgar and Hotan. The multi-terrain stages together with the beautiful scenery has attracted 231 competitors from China and abroad to participate. In the auto category, the final victory goes to Zi Yungang/Wang Zengrong from Shanxi Yunxiang Team. Team BAIC contributes to the podium with Zhang Guoyu/Oriol Mena Valdearcos and Liu Yangui/Chen Feng listed the 2nd and 3rd place. As to the moto, Bradley John Cox and Arunas Gelazninkas continued their good per
UAE’s In-Country Value Projects Driving Billions to Local Firms1.6.2023 19:40:00 EEST | Press release
More than $27.23 billion has been redirected to the local economy since the UAE Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT) and ADNOC launched major in-country value programs to support domestic industries. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230601005886/en/ Sideline of Make It In The Emirates Forum (Photo: AETOSWire) Speaking at the Make in the Emirates Forum today, His Excellency Abdulla Al Shamsi, Assistant Undersecretary of MoIAT, said more than $14.43 billion of investment was redirected to the local economy last year alone, an increase of 25 percent year-on-year. “The National In-Country Value Program is a nationwide program that speaks one language across many different sectors,” HE said. “It’s one methodology and this is something we’re very proud of because it benefits the private sector and when the private sector sees this it helps them prepare, invest, and spend.” The forum heard how the Nati
Carbios and Indorama Ventures Reaffirm Partnership to Build First-of-a-kind PET Biorecycling Plant in France1.6.2023 19:30:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230601005872/en/ Carbios and Indorama Ventures reaffirm partnership to build first-of-a-kind PET biorecycling plant in France Carbios (Euronext Growth Paris: ALCRB), a biotech company developing and industrializing biological solutions to reinvent the life cycle of plastic and textiles, and Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (IVL) (Bloomberg ticker IVL.TB), a global sustainable chemical producer, announce today the signing of a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form a Joint Venture for the construction of the world’s first PET biorecycling plant in France1. Based on and subject to the comprehensive terms set out in the MOU, Indorama Ventures plans to mobilize about €110 million for the Joint Venture in equity and non-convertible loan financing2, pending final engineering documentation and final economic feasibility studies. Both parties have
PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China1.6.2023 16:01:00 EEST | Press release
PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced the opening of a Color Creation Lab in collaboration with automaker Chery Automobile Co., Ltd. At the facility, located in Wuhu, China, PPG color stylists and Chery designers will create new colors tailored to specific vehicle designs, from initial color recommendations to final materials for application in Chery’s manufacturing plants. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230601005119/en/ Representatives from PPG and Chery Automobile celebrate the opening of a Color Creation Lab in Wuhu, China. (Photo: PPG) “As the leading single-source coatings supplier for automotive manufacturing, PPG is excited to partner with Chery, a company that prioritizes technological innovation and sustainable production,” said Thomas Li, PPG vice president Asia Pacific, Automotive Coatings. “We will leverage our global color leadership to predict future trends, while advancing paint technology for the nex
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom