Bentley Systems Announces Finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Program
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software and digital twins services for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced the finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards program. The annual awards program honors the extraordinary work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Sixteen independent jury panels selected the 57 finalists from over 400 nominations submitted by more than 330 organizations from more than 60 countries.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200914005149/en/
The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards is a highly regarded global competition that recognizes advancements in infrastructure. (Photo: Bentley Systems)
The finalists for Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards for advancements in infrastructure are:
4D Digital Construction
- DPR Construction – 2019 LSM DS Tech Upgrade
- Mortenson | McCarthy - a Joint Venture – Allegiant Stadium
- Office of the Renovation and Expansion Project of the Beijing-Harbin Expressway Section from Lalin River (Boundary between Jilin Province and Heilongjiang Province) to Harbin, Heilongjiang Construction Technological Innovation & Investment Co., Ltd. – Application of 4D Digital Technology in the Management of the Renovation and Expansion Project of the Beijing-Harbin Expressway Section from Lalin River to Harbin
- Arup – Cherrywood Grand Parade Bridge
- Chongqing Communications Planning, Survey & Design Institute Co., Ltd., Guizhou Communications Construction Group Co., Ltd., Guizhou Bridge Construction Group Co., Ltd.– Digital Design and Construction of Taihong Yangtze River Bridge
- Sichuan Road & Bridge (Group) Co., Ltd. – Chishui River Bridge of Expressway from Jiangjin (Chongqing-Guizhou Border) to Xishui to Gulin (Guizhou-Sichuan Border)
Buildings and Campuses
- Beijing General Municipal Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Innovative Application of BIM in Municipal Engineering Design of Ezhou Civil Airport
- PT. Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk – COVID-19 Modular Hospital with NPI Room
- Voyants Solutions Private Limited – Bangladesh Regional Waterway Transport Project 1 – Shasanghat (New Dhaka) IWT Terminal
- City of Helsinki – Digital City Synergy
- Skanska-Costain-STRABAG Joint Venture– HS2 Main Works Civils Contract
- Systematica S.r.l. – MIND: Testbed of New Mobility Paradigms
- Golder Associates Hong Kong Ltd – Tuen Mun-Chek Lap Kok Link Tunnel, Southern Landfall
- HDR Engineering – Oroville Dam 3D Seepage and Stability Modeling of the Tallest Earthen Embankment Dam in the US
- Saidel Engineering SRL – Nine-story Residential Building above the Subway Tunnels in West Bucharest
Land Site and Development
- AAEngineering Group – Dzhamgyr Mine – Project Implementation in Extreme Conditions
- Jacobs Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. – Master Planning and Engineering for Infrastructure Development at Tumakuru, Karnataka
- KCI Technologies Inc. – HUB404 Concept Database
- Citic Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. – The Application of BIM Technology in Fujian Ansha’s Intelligent Green Cement Production Project with a Daily Output of 4,500 Tons
- MCC Capital Engineering & Research Incorporation Ltd. – BIM Technology-based Construction of Digital Plant for Iron and Steel Base in Lingang, Laoting of HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Guinea Alumina Engineering Digital Twin Application Project of CHALCO Hong Kong Co., Ltd.
Mining and Offshore Engineering
- AAEngineering Group – Digital Twin of AKSU Plant: from Concept to Startup. A Real Story.
- Sapura Energy Berhad – Transporting of 3-x-330 Class Barge Loaded with Jacket onboard Semi-submersible Vessel
- Volgogradnefteproekt, LLC– Vladimir Filanovsky Offshore Field Modernization and Production Volume Increase
- PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Kyrgyzstan Bishkek Thermal Power Plant Reconstruction Project
- Shanghai Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Co., Ltd.– Shanghai Electric Environmental Protection Group Technology Renovation and Expansion Project for Nantong Thermoelectric Waste Incineration
- TBEA Xi’an Electric Design Co., Ltd. – Application of Digital Technology in the Design of Complex Mountain Wind Farms
- Aegea Saneamento – Infra Inteligente Program (Smart Infra Program)
- Shanghai Water Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd – The Integrated Delivery and Application of BIM Technology in the Design, Construction, Supervision and Management of Shanghai Water Pump Sluice Project
- Sweco – Sweco | Digitalization with BIM
Rail and Transit
- China Railway Electrification Engineering Group Co., Ltd., China Railway Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd., China Academy of Railway Sciences Corporation Limited – Beijing-Zhangjiakou High-speed Railway
- Network Rail Wales and Western Region – Bristol Area Signalling Renewal Enhancements
- PowerChina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited – Innovative Application of Digital Engineering Technology in Shaoxing Rail and Transit Construction
- AUAV – Warragamba Water Pipeline Digital Twin
- Khatib & Alami – Geo-enabling Reality Model Tips and Tricks
- Merius Oy– Merius Smart Mill
Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Maryland State Highway – Maryland One (SUPERLOAD) Violation Tracking & Asset Insight
- Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) – Collaborative Information System Implementation - Whole Lifecycle Common Data Environment
- SMRT Trains Ltd – Predictive Decision Support System (PDSS)
Roads and Highways
- Sichuan Road & Bridge (Group) Co., Ltd. – BIM Technology Application on Chengdu-Yibin Expressway
- Sweco Nederland B.V. – Oosterweelverbinding Antwerpen
- SAI-SYSTRA Group – Mumbai Coastal Road Project (South) Package – II
- CNI Ingenieros Consultores SAS – Engineering Laboratories and Research Building
- Indian Railways – Design & Construction of the World’s Tallest Rail Pier Girder Bridge
- WSP– WSP overcomes Complex Challenges with Bentley’s Technology to Deliver Principal Tower
Utilities and Communications
- IOB Technology Sdn Bhd – BIM for Substation and Electrification Design of Double Rail Track, Johor, Malaysia
- Qinghai Kexin Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd.– Dayu 110kV Electrical Transmission and Transformation Project in Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China
- Sterlite Power Transmission Limited – Sterlite BIM
Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Gazdaş Gaziantep Doğal Gaz Dağitim A.Ş. & Trakya Bölgesi Doğal Gaz Dağitim A.Ş. – Enterprise GIS Project for Natural Gas Utility on SAP/IS-U
- Glencore – Implementing Asset Reliability Tool for Copper and Nickel Smelters
- Shell QGC– Evolution of Engineering Data, Documents and Information Management
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- AECOM/Wessex Water – Durleigh WTC Reconstruction
- Hatch – Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall
- PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Research on the Deep Application of BIM and Digital Twin Technology of Water Delivery Project Based on Bentley
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo – Operational Restructuring Project of Cursino Water Supply System in São Paulo City
- DTK Hydronet Solutions – Digital Water Network Engineering & Asset Management of Dibrugarh Water Supply Project
- NJS Engineers India P Limited – JICA Assisted Guwahati Water Supply Project
The finalists, chosen by independent juries of industry experts, present their projects during a pre-conference showcase beginning October 5 through October 16, 2020.
Chris Barron, Bentley’s chief communications officer, said, “The circumstances of the global pandemic have made the past few months a challenge for us all, and it is a testament to our users’ resilience that we received over 400 nominees for our Year in Infrastructure Awards program. While we are not able to present this year’s conference and awards ceremony in front of a live audience, the new virtual format gives us the opportunity to re-invent Year in Infrastructure and take full advantage of ‘going digital.’ Attendees can access our informative sessions in real time, or on-demand, making it easier for anyone to attend multiple sessions that might have ran concurrently. We are also providing new and exciting ways to engage with infrastructure thought leaders from around the world and to explore and share their innovative insights.”
The agenda of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Conference features:
• Pre-Conference Live Judging – The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Finalists Presentation – Oct. 5 – Oct. 16 — Hear from the people behind the most extraordinary infrastructure projects of the year, as they tell their story of how they leveraged digital advancements to achieve unprecedented outcomes.
• TwinTalks – Digital Twins Go Mainstream — Featuring moderated panel discussions with users, Bentley executives, and industry analysts who will share how digital twins are gathering mainstream adoption in six sectors.
• Executive Perspectives: Digital Twins for Infrastructure Resilience — Greg Bentley, CEO Bentley Systems – Discover the software and cloud-service enhancements that empower users to create and operate economically and environmentally sustainable infrastructure.
• Executive Perspectives: Digital Twins — Join Keith Bentley, founder and chief technology officer, Bentley Systems, to learn how users have created digital twins to support accessibility, interoperability, and open standards.
• Digital Twins: Making the Business Case for Digital Twins — Learn how leading organizations have made compelling and successful business cases for deploying digital twins that improve project delivery and asset performance. Featuring Adam Klatzkin, Bentley’s vice president, business development, and Richard Cooper, Bentley’s strategic director.
• Digital Twins Showcase: Twinfrastructure! Twinnovation! — Greg Demchak, director of Bentley’s iTwin Innovation Lab, Mehreen Javaid, Bentley’s digital integrator, and Sanjeev Shah, Bentley’s business development director showcase how users leverage mixed reality (XR) to visualize the past, present, and future of their projects, and create digital twins of existing assets to implement remote inspection and remote assist digital workflows.
• Live: Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Ceremony Oct. 21. After careful deliberation, by independent expert juries, the winners of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards will be announced in a live global broadcast at 12:30 p.m. EDT. Don’t miss what has been called the Academy Awards of Infrastructure. Register and watch live.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.
Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million in 171 countries outside the United States. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by the Bentley brothers. www.bentley.com
© 2020 Bentley, the Bentley logo, AssetWise, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 203 805 0432
Follow us on Twitter:
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
ESMO 2020: Cabometyx® (cabozantinib) in Combination With Opdivo® (nivolumab) Demonstrates Significant Survival Benefits in Patients With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma in Pivotal Phase III CheckMate -9ER Trial19.9.2020 19:30:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced the first presentation of results from the pivotal Phase III CheckMate -9ER trial, in which Cabometyx® (cabozantinib) in combination with Bristol Myers Squibb’s Opdivo® (nivolumab) demonstrated significant improvements across all efficacy endpoints, including overall survival (OS), in previously untreated advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC).1 Cabometyx® in combination with Opdivo® reduced the risk of death by 40% versus sunitinib (HR: 0.60 [98.89% Confidence Interval [CI]: 0.40–0.89]; p= 0.0010; median OS not reached in either arm). In patients receiving Cabometyx® in combination with Opdivo®, median progression-free survival (PFS), the trial’s primary endpoint, was doubled compared to those receiving sunitinib alone: 16.6 months versus 8.3 months respectively (Hazard Ratio [HR]: 0.51 [95% CI 0.41–0.64], p < 0.0001). In addition, Cabometyx® in combination with Opdivo® demonstrated a superior objective response rate, wit
Takeda Presents New Data Highlighting Scientific Advancements in Lung Cancer at ESMO Virtual Congress18.9.2020 13:55:00 EEST | Press release
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK) (“Takeda”) today announced that the company is presenting data from its lung cancer portfolio at the virtual European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) conference. Notably, insights from sub-analyses of the Phase 3 ALTA 1L study reinforce both the compelling evidence of intracranial efficacy with ALUNBRIG® (brigatinib) as a first-line treatment for patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive (ALK+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) as well as associated quality of life (QoL) data. Takeda is also featuring updated 10-month follow-up results from the Phase 1/2 trial of mobocertinib (TAK-788), demonstrating mobocertinib achieved a duration of response (DoR) of more than one year in the trial’s study population of patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) Exon20 insertion+ metastatic NSCLC (mNSCLC). “We’re pleased to present our ongoing research in lung cancer at this year’s virtual ESMO congress, including new
Incyte Announces Encouraging Results From Phase 2 Trial of Retifanlimab (INCMGA0012) in Patients With Previously Treated, Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anal Canal18.9.2020 13:00:00 EEST | Press release
Incyte (Nasdaq:INCY) today announced results from its Phase 2 POD1UM-202 trial evaluating retifanlimab, a PD-1 inhibitor, in previously treated patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal (SCAC) who have progressed following standard platinum-based chemotherapy. The trial enrolled 94 patients, including those with well-controlled human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection (10%). Retifanlimab monotherapy resulted in a confirmed objective response rate (ORR) of 14% as determined by independent central review (ICR) using RECIST v1.1. Responses were observed regardless of PD-L1 status, presence of liver metastases, age or HIV+ status. Retifanlimab was generally well-tolerated with a safety profile as expected of a PD-1 inhibitor and no loss of HIV infection control. Key findings from POD1UM-202: N=94 ORR* (95% CI) 13.8% (7.6-22.5) Best OR*, n 1 CR 12 PR 33 SD DCR 48.9% DOR, median (95% CI), months 9.5 (5.6-NE) PFS, median (95% CI), months 2.3 (1.9-3.6) OS, median (95
Sigfox and Cube Infrastructure Managers Announce Major Partnership in IoT Infrastructure18.9.2020 10:30:00 EEST | Press release
Sigfox, the global 0G network1 and cloud provider for industrial data, is proud to announce a new strategic alliance with Cube Infrastructure Managers (Cube), through the sale of its German 0G network to Cube. Sigfox has grown its 0G IoT services by rolling out 0G networks across 72 countries and regions, which was largely achieved with partners called Sigfox Operators. These operators are the owners of the 0G networks, which they operate as exclusive connectivity providers of Sigfox IoT services, offering worldwide connectivity to customers. The sale of the German network to Cube will allow Sigfox to finance its continued innovation efforts in data value extraction and improvements in cloud algorithms to reduce energy consumption and allow the implementation of even more cost-effective devices and sensors. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200918005116/en/ Cube Infrastructure Managers, the European infrastructu
Sensorion successfully raises approximately €31 (US$ 36.5) million in an oversubscribed private placement to US and European investors18.9.2020 09:00:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Not for release, publication or distribution, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States, Canada, Australia or Japan. This press release is not intended as an offer and is for informational purpose only Sensorion (Paris:ALSEN) (FR0012596468 – ALSEN – the “Company”) a pioneering clinical-stage biotechnology company which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders announces today the success of its previously announced capital increase. The Company has placed 18,236,000 new ordinary shares with a nominal value of €0.10 each (the “New Shares”), for total gross proceeds of approximately € 31 million by means of an accelerated bookbuild offering to the benefit of categories of persons (the “Reserved Offering”). The issue price of the New Shares is €1.70 per share, representing a 3.5% discount to the weighted average share price on the day preceding the date on which the issuance price
ESMO 2020: Phase II CLARINET FORTE Results Show Increasing Dose Frequencies of Somatuline® Autogel® (lanreotide) Allows Patients with NETs to Delay Treatment Escalation by up to 8.3 Months18.9.2020 08:00:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced the release of first efficacy and safety data from the CLARINET FORTE study, with the abstract to be presented as a mini-oral presentation at the 2020 European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress, taking place virtually from 19-21 September 2020. The prospective single-arm, open-label, exploratory, international Phase II study investigated the efficacy and safety of increasing the dose frequency of Somatuline® Autogel ® (lanreotide) in patients with pancreatic or midgut NETs with centrally-assessed progression within the last two years while on a standard lanreotide regimen for ≥24 weeks. An extension of progression-free survival (PFS) rates and encouraging disease-control rates (DCR) were recorded in both tumor types, with no new safety signals. “These results support a clinically meaningful benefit to a population of patients with high unmet medical need by potentially delaying escalation to more toxic treatm
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom