Chugai's Bispecific Antibody Emicizumab to Present Results of Two Pivotal Phase lll Studies at ISTH
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:4519) announced results from two global phase lll studies for Chugai’s bispecific antibody emicizumab (ACE910): the primary analysis of HAVEN 1 study (NCT02622321) and the interim analysis of HAVEN 2 study (NCT02795767). The data will be presented on July 10 at the upcoming 26th International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) Meeting in Berlin, Germany (July 8 to 13). Both studies were conducted in haemophilia A with inhibitors, while HAVEN 1 is for adult and adolescent patients and HAVEN 2 is for paediatric patients.
HAVEN 1 Study
HAVEN 1 is a randomised, multicentre, open-label, global phase III study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of emicizumab once-weekly subcutaneous injection for 24 weeks or longer in adults and adolescents (12 years of age or older) with haemophilia A with inhibitors to factor VIII.
Study design n=109
- Patients previously treated with on-demand bypassing agents (BPAs) were randomised in a 2:1 fashion to Arm A or B
|Arm A (n=35):||emicizumab once-weekly dosing|
|Arm B (n=18):||no prophylaxis (on-demand BPA)|
- Patients previously treated with prophylactic BPA
|Arm C (n=49):||emicizumab once-weekly dosing|
- Patients who participated in a forgoing Non-Interventional Study (NIS) and previously on BPA (on-demand or prophylactic)
|Arm D:||emicizumab once-weekly dosing|
On-demand use of BPAs was allowed to treat breakthrough bleeds per protocol in all arms.
Summary of results
- The primary endpoint was achieved with a statistically significant reduction in bleed rate of 87% (risk rate [RR]=0.13, p<0.0001) in treated bleeds with emicizumab (Arm A) compared with on-demand treatment with BPAs (Arm B). All secondary endpoints were also achieved with consistent reductions in bleed rates.
[Major secondary endpoints and reduction rate (%) compared with on-demand BPAs]
|All bleeds:||(80%, RR=0.20, p<0.0001)|
|Treated spontaneous bleeds:||(92%, RR=0.08, p≤0.0001)|
|Treated joint bleeds:||(89%, RR=0.11, p=0.0050)|
|Treated target joint bleeds:||(95%, RR=0.05, p=0.0002)|
- After a median observation time of 31 weeks, 62.9% of patients receiving emicizumab experienced zero treated bleeds (Arm A) compared to 5.6% of those receiving on-demand BPAs (Arm B).
- Results also showed a statistically significant improvement in health-related quality of life (HRQoL) measured at 25 weeks with emicizumab (Arm A) compared to on-demand BPAs (Arm B).
- Among patients who had previously received prophylactic use of BPAs and then received emicizumab (Arm C), 24 patients had participated in the foregoing NIS, which was conducted without emicizumab. An intra-patient analysis in this group showed a 79% (RR=0.21, p=0.0003) reduction in treated bleeds receiving emicizumab compared to their prior prophylaxis with BPAs.
- Adverse events (AEs) occurring in 5% or more of patients treated with emicizumab were injection site reactions, headache, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection and arthralgia.
- Serious adverse events were reported with thromboembolic events (TE) in two patients and thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) in three patients (one patient experienced TMA after the clinical data cut off for primary analysis) while receiving emicizumab prophylaxis. The TE and TMA events were associated with repeated high doses of a BPA, activated prothrombin complex concentrate, when used to treat breakthrough bleeds.
HAVEN 2 Study
HAVEN 2 is a single-arm, multicentre, open-label, global phase III study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of emicizumab once weekly subcutaneous injection in paediatric patients with haemophilia A with inhibitors to factor VIII.
The interim analysis was conducted with 19 children younger than 12 years of age with haemophilia A with inhibitors who require treatment with BPAs. The median observation time was 12 weeks.
Summary of results
- Only one of 19 children receiving emicizumab reported a treated bleed. There were no reported joint or muscle bleeds.
- An intra-patient comparison (n=8) in patients who were previously enrolled in the NIS showed that all patients experienced zero treated bleeds or a 100% reduction after emicizumab treatment (previous annualized bleeding rate ranged from 0 to 34.24); this included seven children who had received prior BPA prophylaxis, and one who had received prior on-demand BPA.
- Data indicated that the same dose of emicizumab is appropriate for children as for adults and adolescents, based on the levels of emicizumab in the blood (pharmacokinetics) of the children compared with the level of emicizumab in the blood of adults and adolescents.
- The most common AEs with emicizumab in the HAVEN 2 study were mild injection site reactions and common cold symptoms (nasopharyngitis).
Summary of the HAVEN 1 (NCT02622321) study results to be presented at ISTH
|Study Description||Phase III randomised, multicenter, open-label study evaluating the efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics of emicizumab prophylaxis versus no prophylaxis in people with hemophilia A with inhibitors to factor VIII.|
Patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors aged ≥12 years on
episodic or prophylactic treatment with bypassing agent(s)
|Treated bleeds ABR (primary endpoint)|
Annualized bleeding rate [ABR]*
|% reduction (RR, p-value)||
(Interquartile range; IQR)
|% patients with zero bleeds (95% CI)||
Treated bleeds ABR intra-patient comparison
(Arm C patients who participated in NIS n=24; secondary endpoint)
|Study group||Prior prophylaxis with BPAs||Emicizumab prophylaxis|
|% reduction (RR, p-value)||
|Median ABR (IQR)||
12.0 [5.73; 24.22]
|0.0 [0.00; 2.23]|
|% patients with zero bleeds||
*Negative binomial regression model
Chugai Pharmaceutical is one of Japan’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies with strengths in biotechnology products. Chugai, based in Tokyo, specializes in prescription pharmaceuticals and is listed on the 1st section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. As an important member of the Roche Group, Chugai is actively involved in R&D activities in Japan and abroad. Specifically, Chugai is working to develop innovative products which may satisfy the unmet medical needs, mainly focusing on the oncology area.
In Japan, Chugai’s research facilities in Gotemba and Kamakura are
collaborating to develop new pharmaceuticals and laboratories in Ukima
are conducting research for technology development for industrial
production. Overseas, Chugai
Pharmabody Research based in Singapore is engaged in research
focusing on the generation of novel antibody drugs by utilizing Chugai’s
proprietary innovative antibody engineering technologies. Chugai
Pharma USA and Chugai
Pharma Europe are engaged in clinical development activities in the
United States and Europe.
The consolidated revenue in 2016 of Chugai totalled 491.8 billion yen and the operating income was 80.6 billion yen (IFRS Core basis).
Additional information is available on the internet at https://www.chugai-pharm.co.jp/english.
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Media Relations Group, Corporate Communications Dept.,
For US media
Chugai Pharma USA Inc.
For European media
Chugai Pharma France SAS
For Taiwanese media
Chugai Pharma Taiwan Ltd.
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Investor Relations Group, Corporate Communications Dept.,
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Edgewater Networks Announces Event Sponsorship of BroadSoft Connections 201721.10.2017 00:00 | Tiedote
Edgewater Networks, Inc., the industry leader in Network Edge Orchestration, announced today that it is an event sponsor of the BroadSoft Connections 2017 user conference, which takes place October 22-25 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, AZ. During the event, Edgewater Networks will feature demonstrations of the latest end-to-end network interoperability capabilities, including Zero Touch Provisioning, UC Analytics from the core to the endpoint, SD-WAN optimized for BroadSoft, and much more. Continuing a long-standing partnership with BroadSoft, Edgewater Networks has completed another level of BroadCloud certification, this time for local survivability which is critical for business continuity for SMB and Enterprise customers. BroadSoft’s PacketSmart is available on all EdgeMarc Intelligent Edges. All elements of the Network Edge Orchestration are
More than 70 Companies to Showcase Top Tech at CES Unveiled Paris20.10.2017 18:08 | Tiedote
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced that more than 70 exhibitors will showcase their latest innovations at the now sold-out fifth annual CES Unveiled Paris The event will focus on the Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and smart cities, and draw more than 600 attendees. CES Unveiled Paris will run from 2-7:30 PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at the Palais Brongniart. Regional technology companies, top-tier media outlets, buyers and key industry influencers will come together at CES Unveiled Paris to get a direct look at the latest industry developments. The day kicks off with a CES news conference and CTA market trends presentation. Conference programming is followed by a tabletop exhibition & networking reception. Curated exhibitors will be there to showcase top tech from robotics and audio to smart home and augmented and virtual reality. Notable
Westinghouse Receives Regulatory Approval for Analysis Methodologies20.10.2017 15:15 | Tiedote
Westinghouse Electric Company today announced that it has received approval from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for two new important analysis methodologies that will be used to upgrade Westinghouse- and Combustion Engineering-based nuclear steam supply system (NSSS) safety analyses. The approvals granted are for the new FULL SPECTRUMTM Loss of Coolant Accident (FSLOCATM) methodology and the Performance Analysis and Design Model software code update, PAD5. FSLOCA is capable of improved modeling of the transient response in a pressurized water reactor to the full spectrum of LOCA break sizes that could occur, and PAD5 is the next generation of the Westinghouse fuel rod design performance code. “These codes were developed to work in concert with each other to maximize analytical margin for nuclear utilities,” said Michele DeWitt, senior vice preside
Gilead Announces Multiple Scientific Presentations Demonstrating High Cure Rates in Difficult-to-Cure HCV Patients and Improved Long-Term Bone and Renal Safety of Vemlidy® in HBV Patients Switched from Viread®20.10.2017 15:03 | Tiedote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today announced results from Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies of its approved medicines for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, adding to the body of evidence supporting Gilead’s viral hepatitis therapies in diverse patient populations. These and other data from more than 25 abstracts will be presented this week at The Liver Meeting® 2017, which begins today in Washington, D.C. Positive results from studies of Harvoni® (ledipasvir 90mg/sofosbuvir 400mg) in HCV-infected patients with severe renal impairment, Epclusa® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg) in HCV-infected liver transplant recipients and Vosevi® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg/voxilaprevir 100mg) in NS5A-inhibitor experienced HCV-infected patients will be presented during poster sessions on October 21 and October 22. In addition, updated results f
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2017 Results20.10.2017 14:00 | Tiedote
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2017. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2017 Jun. 30, 2017 Sept. 30, 2016 Sequential Year-on-year
SP3H Announces That It Has Obtained a €1.2 Million European Union Grant for Its Intelligent and Clean Vehicle (VIP) Project20.10.2017 13:47 | Tiedote
SP3H is proud to announce joining the very select circle of the 10 French winners of the H2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 program since 2014. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171020005325/en/ Last summer VIP received the very prestigious SME instrument phase 2 H2020 label in the "transport & smart cities mobility" category. With an overall budget of € 1.7 million, VIP is subsidized by the European Union at a rate of 70% or €1.2 million. The framework contract was officially signed early October. VIP is the pre-industrialization program for Fuelbox sensors, the world's first miniaturized scanner capable of analyzing the quality of fuels on board vehicles. The heart of the program remains closely linked to the reduction of CO2 and pollutant emissions from vehicle
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme