Cycas Hospitality Opens First Property Outside UK and Boosts Senior Development Team as Part of European Rollout
Cycas Hospitality, one of the largest branded extended-stay hotels operators in the UK, has demonstrated its commitment to European expansion by opening its first property in continental Europe and growing its acquisition and development team through three new appointments.
Cycas Hospitality has opened a dual-branded property under Marriott’s Moxy and Residence Inn brands. The hotels are located on Amsterdam’s western harbour front in the Houthavens area - the city’s emerging creative and fashion district. The hotels have been realised in collaboration with the developer Heren2, and will be managed by Cycas Hospitality under a franchise from Marriott International.
The opening of these hotels is the first step of Cycas’s ambitious plan to continue the rollout of extended-stay hotels throughout Europe. With a key focus on the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, France and Germany, the extended-stay specialist’s ambition is to treble its number of guest rooms from 3,000 open and operating, or signed and in the pipeline, to more than 10,000 in the next five years.
In order to facilitate this growth, Cycas has expanded its development and acquisition team, which is led by Ms. Asli Kutlucan. The new team members are:
- Lisa Neubueser, who formerly worked for Dutch extended-stay brand Zoku International and was previously Director of Hotel Fund Management at Invesco Real Estate in London, where she oversaw a European hotel real estate portfolio of more than €1 billion. Lisa takes the role of Director of Development and Acquisition, expanding Cycas’s presence in Europe, starting with Germany.
- Nicole Perreten, who formerly worked with international hospitality consulting firm HVS and will lead the Cycas feasibility team as Head of Feasibility.
- Christos Georgiou, whose experience includes roles with Spitfire Capital Advisors, UBS and Nomura. Christos will be Business Development Manager, focusing on expansion in the UK and M&A transactions.
The expansion of the development and acquisition team follows a multi-million-Euro investment from Hua Kee in Cycas. The Thai family office and sizeable hotel owner and operator in Southeast Asia, Australia and Europe acquired a one-third share in Cycas, and its investment provides the business not only with additional working capital but also a co-investment partner and potential for future deals.
Cycas Hospitality’s turnover under management is forecast to treble over the next two years from €38 million to over €100 million, based purely on the business’s existing, secured and signed pipeline of hotels.
Eduard Elias, Partner & Co-founder at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“These new hotels, coupled with the expansion of our development and acquisition team, cement our position as the European leader in extended-stay accommodation and prepare us for further growth. With the capital in place to fund our ambitions and a bolstered team now on board to make them a reality, we are actively looking for new sites to operate across continental Europe, capitalising on increasing demand from travellers who value independence and flexibility.
“As well as launching our first hotels in continental Europe, this is the first time we have operated Marriott’s vibrant Moxy brand and we look forward to providing a warm welcome to guests in this exciting part of Amsterdam.”
Asli Kutlucan, Partner at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“Whereas extended stay is already established in the US, there is an enormous opportunity to expand this emerging asset class in Europe. I’m confident we’ve hired the best people in the business to ensure Cycas remains at the forefront of this rapidly evolving market and accelerate our international growth.”
The new hotels in Amsterdam Houthavens are Marriott’s second dual-branded property in Europe. The Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens offers 120 bedrooms, seven meeting rooms, a bar and lounge with an energetic, contemporary vibe. The Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens, meanwhile, features 60 studios and one-bedroom suites. The hotels share a pool, sauna and gym.
Notes to Editors
About Cycas Hospitality
- Founded in 2007, Cycas Hospitality is a specialist in extended-stay hotels, managing over 1,450 suites and rooms across 11 properties. These are located in key city centre locations across the UK (London, Liverpool, Newcastle) and include Cycas’s first property in mainland Europe (Amsterdam).
- Cycas Hospitality partners with institutional and private investors to maximise the full potential of their hotel assets. Its current clients include Starwood Capital, M&L Hospitality, and CLS Holdings plc.
- Extended-stay hotels are notable for their efficient operating model and high margins; historically, long-stay hotels have outperformed the standard hotel model during times of recession and recovered faster to pre-crisis levels and strong growth is forecast for the sector in Europe
- Following recent investment from the family-owned Hua Kee Group, Cycas will open three further properties by summer 2018 and intends to grow its portfolio to more than 10,000 guest rooms in the next five years.
- Having pioneered the branded extended-stay hotel concept in Europe, Cycas is London’s leading operator in this field and a partner of choice for major global hotel franchise brands plus international investors. In Europe, Cycas is the largest extended-stay operator for IHG’s Staybridge Suites brand and Marriott’s Residence Inn, and helped develop the dual-branded hotel concept for each company.
- The heart of Cycas’s first-class guest experience is a dedicated Culture Team who ensure each property operates with Cycas’s signature "positively outrageous service" and the philosophy that "our job is not over until we get a smile."
- Cycas delivers a combination of expertise in hotel operations, property development and asset management. Its overarching goal is to become one of the best hospitality employers on the market, making its hotels the best places to work as well as stay.
- To find out more visit www.cycashospitality.com or connect with us via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Warm welcome for ABB Formula E in Davos19.1.2019 12:00 | Tiedote
Just a few days before the start of the World Economic Forum 2019, Davos is celebrating a world premiere: The latest ABB FIA Formula E racing car - dubbed Gen2 – was transported on a train from the iconic Swiss Rhaetian Railway to Europe’s highest city, where it will be an exciting eyecatcher during the coming week at the Davos Platz railway station. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190119005003/en/ ABB FIA Formula E racing car in Davos (Photo: Business Wire) From this Saturday until next Sunday, January 27, the Gen2 will be on display in a special glass case. Interested passersby can learn about the ABB FIA Formula E racing series as well as about the activities of ABB in e-mobility via an information system. With over 8,500 fast charging stations installed in 70 countries around the world, ABB is the global market leader for charging infrastructures. To watch the video, click here ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is
PMI’s Mission Winnow Goes Full Throttle with Ducati Corse for 2019 MotoGP™18.1.2019 20:00 | Tiedote
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) is pleased to announce that its Mission Winnow initiative is expanding in 2019 to include the Ducati Corse racing team. Mission Winnow is a PMI-led campaign to raise global awareness of our passion and determination to constantly improve and evolve, as well as highlight the power of science, technology and innovation to build a better future. PMI has partnered with Ducati Corse since 2002 and has extended the relationship for another three years until the end of 2021. As of the start of this year’s MotoGP season, the team will be officially known as Mission Winnow Ducati. Mission Winnow was first launched in October 2018 with Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, which – like Ducati Corse – has a passion for innovation and a relentless drive to improve in the team’s pursuit of victory. Ducati Corse is one of the most inspiring and resilient teams in MotoGP, with a 70-year history in racing. Ducati fans form a passionate community who appreci
IFF’s Frutarom Division Completes Acquisition of 60% of Thailand-based Mighty18.1.2019 15:50 | Tiedote
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris:IFF) (TASE:IFF), announced that its Frutarom Division has completed the acquisition of 60% of the share capital of The Mighty CO. LTD. (“Mighty”), a leading savory solutions provider in Thailand, thus continuing its growth strategy in Southeast Asia. Amos Anatot, President of IFF's Frutarom Division, said, “The completion of this deal with Mighty underscores that the Frutarom division will continue on its growth strategy and pursue attractive companies that create new opportunities or build on current capabilities.” Mr. Anatot continued, “And in this case, we are helping to grow our capabilities in savory solutions – already an area of strength for legacy Frutarom, now IFF." Mighty, founded in 1989, develops, produces and markets reaction flavors, with particular expertise in savory solutions. The company’s portfolio includes flavors, seasoning blends, marinades, and specialty functional raw materials f
LTI Q3 FY19: Constant currency revenue growth up 6.1% QoQ and 20.6% YoY; Net Profit jumps 32.8% YoY18.1.2019 15:02 | Tiedote
Larsen & Toubro Infotech (BSE code: 540005, NSE: LTI), a global technology consulting and digital solutions company, announced its Q3 FY19 results today. In US Dollars: Revenue at USD 346.9 million; growth of 5.6% QoQ and 18.2% YoY Constant Currency Revenue growth of 6.1% QoQ and 20.6% YoY In Indian Rupees: Revenue at Rs 24,729 million; growth of 6.1% QoQ and 31.3% YoY Net Income at Rs 3,755 million; growth of (6.2%) QoQ and 32.8% YoY “We are pleased to deliver another strong quarter with 5.6% QoQ growth in USD revenues. Our broad-based revenue growth, superior margin delivery and steady cash generation in Q3 is a testimony of our focused execution and client centricity. We are also thrilled to welcome Ruletronics to LTI family. Ruletronics enables businesses to transform and evolve digitally by providing innovative BPM and CRM solutions leveraging Pega Platform.” - Sanjay Jalona, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, LTI Recent Deal Wins Nets, the leading payments company in th
Schlumberger Announces Full-Year and Fourth-Quarter 2018 Results18.1.2019 15:00 | Tiedote
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) today reported results for full-year 2018 and the fourth quarter of 2018. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Full-Year Results Twelve Months Ended Change Dec. 31, 2018 Dec. 31, 2017 Year-on-year Revenue $32,815 $30,440 8% Pretax operating income $4,187 $3,921 7% Pretax operating margin 12.8% 12.9% -12 bps Net income (loss) - GAAP basis $2,138 $(1,505) n/m Net income, excluding charges & credits* $2,261 $2,085 8% Diluted EPS (loss per share) - GAAP basis $1.53 $(1.08) n/m Diluted EPS, excluding charges and credits* $1.62 $1.50 8% Full-Year Consolidated Revenue by Area North America $11,984 $9,487 26% Latin America 3,745 3,976 -6% Europe/CIS/Africa 7,158 7,072 1% Middle East & Asia 9,543 9,394 2% Other 385 511 n/m $32,815 $30,440 8% North America revenue $11,984 $9,487 26% International revenue $20,446 $20,442 - North America revenue, excluding Cameron $9,668 $7,518 29% International revenue, excluding Cameron $17,675 $17,423 1% *These are non
FLIR Systems Awarded $89 Million Contract from French Armed Forces to Deliver Black Hornet Personal Reconnaissance System18.1.2019 14:00 | Tiedote
FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) announced today it has been awarded a contract from the French Defense Procurement Agency (DGA) in support of the French Operational Pocket Drone (DrOP) program. The contract has a ceiling value of $89 million to provide the FLIR Black Hornet® 3 nano-unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and Personal Reconnaissance System (PRS) to support French Armed Forces operations. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190118005085/en/ The French Armed Forces awarded FLIR Systems a contract to deliver the Black Hornet Personal Reconnaissance System for military operations. (Photo: Business Wire) The Black Hornet PRS is the world’s smallest combat-proven nano-Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) and is currently deployed in more than 30 countries. The Black Hornet enables the warfighter to maintain situational awareness, threat detection, and surveillance no matter where the mission takes them. Equipped with el
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme