Cycas Hospitality Opens First Property Outside UK and Boosts Senior Development Team as Part of European Rollout
Cycas Hospitality, one of the largest branded extended-stay hotels operators in the UK, has demonstrated its commitment to European expansion by opening its first property in continental Europe and growing its acquisition and development team through three new appointments.
Cycas Hospitality has opened a dual-branded property under Marriott’s Moxy and Residence Inn brands. The hotels are located on Amsterdam’s western harbour front in the Houthavens area - the city’s emerging creative and fashion district. The hotels have been realised in collaboration with the developer Heren2, and will be managed by Cycas Hospitality under a franchise from Marriott International.
The opening of these hotels is the first step of Cycas’s ambitious plan to continue the rollout of extended-stay hotels throughout Europe. With a key focus on the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, France and Germany, the extended-stay specialist’s ambition is to treble its number of guest rooms from 3,000 open and operating, or signed and in the pipeline, to more than 10,000 in the next five years.
In order to facilitate this growth, Cycas has expanded its development and acquisition team, which is led by Ms. Asli Kutlucan. The new team members are:
- Lisa Neubueser, who formerly worked for Dutch extended-stay brand Zoku International and was previously Director of Hotel Fund Management at Invesco Real Estate in London, where she oversaw a European hotel real estate portfolio of more than €1 billion. Lisa takes the role of Director of Development and Acquisition, expanding Cycas’s presence in Europe, starting with Germany.
- Nicole Perreten, who formerly worked with international hospitality consulting firm HVS and will lead the Cycas feasibility team as Head of Feasibility.
- Christos Georgiou, whose experience includes roles with Spitfire Capital Advisors, UBS and Nomura. Christos will be Business Development Manager, focusing on expansion in the UK and M&A transactions.
The expansion of the development and acquisition team follows a multi-million-Euro investment from Hua Kee in Cycas. The Thai family office and sizeable hotel owner and operator in Southeast Asia, Australia and Europe acquired a one-third share in Cycas, and its investment provides the business not only with additional working capital but also a co-investment partner and potential for future deals.
Cycas Hospitality’s turnover under management is forecast to treble over the next two years from €38 million to over €100 million, based purely on the business’s existing, secured and signed pipeline of hotels.
Eduard Elias, Partner & Co-founder at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“These new hotels, coupled with the expansion of our development and acquisition team, cement our position as the European leader in extended-stay accommodation and prepare us for further growth. With the capital in place to fund our ambitions and a bolstered team now on board to make them a reality, we are actively looking for new sites to operate across continental Europe, capitalising on increasing demand from travellers who value independence and flexibility.
“As well as launching our first hotels in continental Europe, this is the first time we have operated Marriott’s vibrant Moxy brand and we look forward to providing a warm welcome to guests in this exciting part of Amsterdam.”
Asli Kutlucan, Partner at Cycas Hospitality, said:
“Whereas extended stay is already established in the US, there is an enormous opportunity to expand this emerging asset class in Europe. I’m confident we’ve hired the best people in the business to ensure Cycas remains at the forefront of this rapidly evolving market and accelerate our international growth.”
The new hotels in Amsterdam Houthavens are Marriott’s second dual-branded property in Europe. The Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens offers 120 bedrooms, seven meeting rooms, a bar and lounge with an energetic, contemporary vibe. The Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens, meanwhile, features 60 studios and one-bedroom suites. The hotels share a pool, sauna and gym.
Notes to Editors
About Cycas Hospitality
- Founded in 2007, Cycas Hospitality is a specialist in extended-stay hotels, managing over 1,450 suites and rooms across 11 properties. These are located in key city centre locations across the UK (London, Liverpool, Newcastle) and include Cycas’s first property in mainland Europe (Amsterdam).
- Cycas Hospitality partners with institutional and private investors to maximise the full potential of their hotel assets. Its current clients include Starwood Capital, M&L Hospitality, and CLS Holdings plc.
- Extended-stay hotels are notable for their efficient operating model and high margins; historically, long-stay hotels have outperformed the standard hotel model during times of recession and recovered faster to pre-crisis levels and strong growth is forecast for the sector in Europe
- Following recent investment from the family-owned Hua Kee Group, Cycas will open three further properties by summer 2018 and intends to grow its portfolio to more than 10,000 guest rooms in the next five years.
- Having pioneered the branded extended-stay hotel concept in Europe, Cycas is London’s leading operator in this field and a partner of choice for major global hotel franchise brands plus international investors. In Europe, Cycas is the largest extended-stay operator for IHG’s Staybridge Suites brand and Marriott’s Residence Inn, and helped develop the dual-branded hotel concept for each company.
- The heart of Cycas’s first-class guest experience is a dedicated Culture Team who ensure each property operates with Cycas’s signature "positively outrageous service" and the philosophy that "our job is not over until we get a smile."
- Cycas delivers a combination of expertise in hotel operations, property development and asset management. Its overarching goal is to become one of the best hospitality employers on the market, making its hotels the best places to work as well as stay.
- To find out more visit www.cycashospitality.com or connect with us via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Manchester United Shoots for Success with a “Digital Experience Platform” Powered by HCL16.8.2018 22:02 | Tiedote
Manchester United (NYSE:MANU) has today announced a major milestone on its digital transformation journey with HCL Technologies, with the successful launch of the Manchester United Official app powered by HCL’s digital experience platform. The launch is part of the ongoing digital transformation of the club to provide a real-time, engaging, personalized, and unified experience to Manchester United’s 659 million global followers, which supports the club’s strategy to become a Digital Sports Enterprise. At the heart of this transformation is the digital platform developed by HCL, providing the club with a single view of fans across web and app touchpoints, offering fans a one-stop shop for everything Manchester United. Manchester United’s Group Managing Director Richard Arnold comments: “This app will allow our 659 million Manchester United followers to easily connect to the club they love, wherever they are in the world. Fans will now have the opportunity to follow all Manchester United
4K 4Charity Fun Run Announces Open Registration for IBC201816.8.2018 20:41 | Tiedote
AWS Elemental, an Amazon Web Services (AWS) company, today announced that the fifth annual 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC Show will take place at 7:00 a.m. local time on Saturday, Sept. 15 at Amstelpark in Amsterdam. Registration is open at https://4k4charity.com/ibc. Among the non-profits supported by the 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC Show is Amsterdam-based StichtingNewTechKids, which provides computer science education for girls, minorities, and economically challenged youth in the Netherlands. The organization supports a computer science teacher training program for primary school teachers with proceeds from 4K 4Charity. Also supported is Iridescent, a global education non-profit that empowers underrepresented young people to become innovators and leaders through engineering and technology. Through their two programs, Curiosity Machine AI Family Challenge and Technovation, Iridescent introduces underserved communities to new technologies and empowers and equips them to apply those technol
2018 D.I.C.E. Cannes Announced Round 3 Speakers16.8.2018 17:01 | Tiedote
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences’ D.I.C.E. Cannes event will take place 9-11 September 2018 at the Hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes in France. Leading video game executives will participate in the premier networking opportunities, listen to key speakers address the conference theme - Trailblazers - to tackle some of the industry’s biggest ideas and trends. Newly announced speakers include: Craig Duncan, Studio Head at Rare – Duncan will share his studio’s experience and learnings with “A Rare Voyage of Adventure.” Duncan will provide insight into Rare’s bold new IP Sea of Thieves, a game that has inspired friendships and players creating stories together. David Hubert, Animation and Cinematic Director at Eidos Montreal – In Hubert’s talk he will discuss how cinematics are redefining AAA story-driven games and how they will continue to shape the medium to push the envelope throughout the production process. Adam Orth – In a session titled “Digging for Fire: Virtual Reality 20
GN Hearing and Google Announce Partnership to Bring Direct Mobile Streaming from Android Devices to Hearing Aids16.8.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
GN Hearing and Google have today announced a new technology partnership that will make GN Hearing the first manufacturer to enable a full spectrum of direct audio streaming from Android devices to hearing aids. The expectations are that direct streaming will become available to hearing aid users of the recently launched hearing aids ReSound LiNX Quattro™ and Beltone Amaze™ in a future Android release. “According to the World Health Organization, around 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss. This number is expected to increase to 900 million people by the year 2050. Google is working with GN Hearing to create a new open specification for hearing aid streaming support on future versions of Android devices,” states Seang Chau, Vice President of Engineering at Google. Users will be able to connect and monitor their hearing aids, so they can get the full advantages of their Android devices without using an intermediate device for streaming to their hearing aids. This will
Zurich Expands Global Use of Guidewire InsurancePlatform with Selection of Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics16.8.2018 15:55 | Tiedote
Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), the provider of the industry platform Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon, today announced that Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) has selected Guidewire Cyence™ Risk Analytics (Cyence) to leverage the cyber risk knowledge and insights the solution provides to help the company prospect, underwrite, and price risks. Zurich will roll out Cyence globally with an emphasis on enhanced analytics and intelligence for risk selection. Unprecedented technological advances of the 21st century have shifted the nature of risk across the P&C insurance industry. Ever-evolving cyber risks present unique challenges including limited availability of traditional actuarial data needed to model these risks. Cyence combines economic modeling, cybersecurity, machine learning and Internet scale data collection to help risk takers assess the financial impact of cyber risk. “After conducting a thorough search, we found that the capabilities of Guidewire Cyence Risk
Scientist.com Named One of America’s Ten Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. Magazine16.8.2018 15:06 | Tiedote
Scientist.com, the world’s leading marketplace for outsourced scientific services, today announced that it ranked no. 9 on Inc. magazine’s 2018 list of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately owned companies in America. Scientist.com ranked no. 2 nationally in the Health category and no. 2 in the state of California. The San Diego-based company builds private marketplaces that connect life science research organizations with a global network of over 2,600 contract research organizations (CROs) and providers of scientific services. “Our mission is to empower and connect scientists worldwide and make it possible to cure all human diseases by 2050,” stated Kevin Lustig, Scientist.com’s CEO and Founder. “On Scientist.com, a single, highly trained scientist can run an entire drug discovery program from concept to clinic from his or her laptop without ever physically entering a laboratory.” The pharmaceutical industry spends about $150B a year on medical research and produces about 25 new medic
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme