ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q3-2018
ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q3 bookings and revenue for Q3 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 30% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181004005646/en/
An ExaGrid system comprised of 3 EX63000E appliances. (Photo: Business Wire)
“This was our best bookings and revenue quarter in the history of the company,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “We are continuing to replace old and expensive systems – including Dell EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce, and many other deduplication solutions – that are slow for backups due to inline deduplication and are slow for restores as they only store deduplicated data.”
In addition to record Q3 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid achieved the following:
- A Net Promoter Survey of ExaGrid’s customers yielded a Net Promoter Score of +73, considered to be “excellent” by Net Promoter standards. This customer loyalty metric measures how likely existing customers are to recommend a vendor’s product or service to a colleague.
- ExaGrid is relocating its corporate offices at the end of 2018 in order to better accommodate the company’s growing engineering, IT, customer support, inside sales, marketing, finance, and executive staff.
A sampling of the company’s many key global customer wins in Q3
- Fast response to Hurricane Florence – A large US-based provider of medical practice management services and technology has a North Carolina-based client – a practice located in the path of Hurricane Florence, a monster storm that hit the Carolina coast in early September. ExaGrid’s customer contacted ExaGrid, urgently requesting 400TB of capacity plus landing zone for its client practice. Shipped that day and installed the next in North Carolina, the system was used to back up the practice’s data, was de-installed, and was shipped to its out-of-state data center that evening for disaster recovery.
- A global manufacturer of metal components for mining and construction, previously using Dell EMC Data Domain and NetWorker, was facing a rip-and-replace of their existing system. Over the incumbents – as well as Cohesity – customer opted for a combined ExaGrid and Veeam dual-site solution for both onsite backups as well as offsite disaster recovery protection.
- Located in France, an association of private hospitals chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce due to ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam and its lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A Mexican telecommunications company was faced with a data center move and decided that ExaGrid – due to its unique landing zone – would provide them with the speed and flexibility they needed for this project as well as future backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- A Swiss social insurance company replaced HPE StoreOnce after an impressive head-to-head proof of concept (POC).
- A Middle Eastern insurer located in Oman was faced with more stringent backup retention requirements to maintain its compliance under the Islamic Shari’a framework. Customer chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce for ExaGrid’s seamless scalability to ensure continued retention compliance as data volumes increase.
- A Canadian managed services provider replaced HPE Data Protector and Avamar with Veeam, and replaced HPE StoreOnce and Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid. These selections were made over the incumbent solutions (as well as Commvault and Veritas) due to Veeam-ExaGrid’s unmatched scalability and superior performance.
- The German subsidiary of an eminent global defense company is replacing HPE Data Protector with Veeam, and its tape library with ExaGrid due to ExaGrid’s aggressive deduplication and its unsurpassed integration with Veeam.
- A European salt mine that produces five million tons of salt annually chose ExaGrid to replace its HPE disk. Among the many features and benefits, ExaGrid’s unique landing zone was ultimately the deciding factor.
- Longer-term retention requirements prompted a South African high-grade manganese mining company to compare the cost of using ExaGrid for backup storage to standard primary disk storage. ExaGrid’s data deduplication approach was a fraction of the cost of standard disk.
- The 2nd largest coal producer in the eastern U.S. replaced HPE StoreOnce and Quantum with ExaGrid. Customer’s POC showed superior performance with ExaGrid and Veeam against the incumbent vendors as well as Rubrik.
- The company continues its global expansion with the addition of field sales teams in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America.
“Customers have used the first generation of deduplication appliances for years and have hit the wall because inline deduplication is slow and does not scale” said Andrews. “ExaGrid now offers the largest system in the industry – one that can take in up to a 2PB full backup at up to 432TB/hr., which is 3X faster than its closest competitor.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is 6X faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20X faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Christine Murphy, 508-898-2872 x248
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Accelerate Your Business in South Korea Through 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge24.5.2019 13:20:00 EEST | Tiedote
Entrepreneurs from across the globe should set their sights on participating in the 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge. Supported by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups and National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA) of South Korea, the initiative provides invaluable support and comprehensive resources to early age startups. Applications for the K-Startup Grand Challenge are currently being accepted through June 14, 2019. In order to advance in the program, teams must pass a regional audition. A judging panel of startup ecosystem experts and Korean accelerators will select 40 teams to participate in an enriching 3.5 month-long acceleration program in Korea. The selected teams will have exclusive access to free office space at the Startup Campus in Pangyo Techno Valley, one-on-one mentoring, information sessions, coaching on Korean and Asian business culture and the chance to attend insightful seminars on accounting regulations to tax laws, patents and more. Opportunities for networking with
New Investigational Clinical Data for Ipsen’s Oncology Products in 11 Solid Tumor Types to Be Presented at 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting24.5.2019 08:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced that new data from clinical studies on investigational uses of cancer medicines cabozantinib (Cabometyx®), liposomal irinotecan (Onivyde®), and lanreotide autogel (Somatuline®, marketed as Somatuline Depot® in the United States) will be presented at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting. The meeting takes place in Chicago, Illinois, U.S., 31 May–4 June 2019; data featuring Ipsen medicines includes: New data from the Phase 3 CELESTIAL trial on the association of adverse events with efficacy outcomes for cabozantinib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma Overview of the Phase 3 COSMIC-312 trial of cabozantinib in combination with atezolizumab vs sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma who have not received previous systemic anticancer therapy First Phase 2 data from the CaboGIST study (trial 1317) from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of
The Posiflex Group Showcases an Ecosystem of Connected Solution Endpoints with IoT Remote Monitoring at Computex 201924.5.2019 04:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
For the Computex 2019 show, The Posiflex Group is featuring leading solution technology from the family of brands as a fully Serviced IoT Ecosystem. Solution end points include: Connected Modular Kiosks, POS Terminals, and Digital Signage solutions from Posiflex and KIOSK Information Systems Smart Medical Displays with gesture controls from Portwell Connected Gaming Solutions with Player Tracking Technology from Portwell subsidiary, Ganlot The booth display is based on common field service endpoints represented in a European Manor Destination Resort setting. Field solutions for an array of vertical market applications include QSR ordering, cinema ticketing, fashion retail customer loyalty, interactive signage, hotel / medical center check-in and bill pay, as well as casino gaming technology. This year, in addition to their renowned POS product suite, Posiflex will be featuring newly introduced Modular Kiosk platforms (co-designed by KIOSK and Posiflex), which are configure-to-order sta
Audi China President Thomas Owsianski to Keynote at CES Asia 201923.5.2019 23:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM today announced that Thomas Owsianski, president of Audi China, will deliver a keynote address at the upcoming CES Asia 2019. Now in its fifth year, CES Asia will run June 11-13, 2019 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai, China. Thomas Owsianski’s keynote is scheduled for 4 PM, Tuesday, June 11, where he will unveil Audi’s vision in transforming mobility from a driving experience to a digital adventure. Mr. Owsianski joined the top management team of Audi China in August 2018 and was named President in October 2018. “Audi has been at the forefront of driving global transformation in the automotive industry through their breakthrough advancements in technology,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president, CES. “Innovation has revolutionized the transportation experience, and we welcome Mr. Owsianski to the CES Asia stage to share Audi’s vision for the future of global mobility.” Throughout Asia and beyond, technol
ITechLaw Publishes New Book and Opens Global Public Comment Period on Draft Principles for Responsible Artificial Intelligence23.5.2019 22:11:00 EEST | Tiedote
The International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw) has published Responsible AI: A Global Policy Framework, a new book that provides an in-depth review and eight discussion principles that address some of the hottest technology and moral issues of responsible development, deployment and use of artificial intelligence. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190523005752/en/ ITechLaw releases new book, Responsible AI: A Global Policy Framework, and opens public comment period. (Photo: Business Wire) Written by a multi-disciplinary group of 54 technology law experts, industry representatives and researchers from 16 countries, the book offers an actionable framework built on the following principles: Ethical Purpose and Societal Benefit, Accountability, Transparency and Explainability, Fairness and Non-discrimination, Safety and Reliability, Open Data and Fair Competition, Privacy, and AI and Intellectual Property.
Kumulus Vape, the 100% Online E-Cigarette Specialist, Goes Public23.5.2019 19:49:00 EEST | Tiedote
Kumulus Vape (ISIN FR0013419876 – MLVAP ), an online retailer specialised in the sale of electronic cigarettes and related products (devices, e-liquid and accessories), referred collectively as “e-cigarettes”, is pleased to announce the listing of its shares on the Euronext Access™ compartment in Paris by technical admission (Euronext notice PAR_20190523_05573_ACC). First listing will take place on 28 May 2019. This initial public offering - a first in Europe’s e-cigarette space - is a new milestone in the performance trajectory of the Lyon-based company, a pioneer on this market in acceleration phase. Kumulus Vape posted 2018 sales of €6.5 million, up 116% on 2017. Its outlook is highly auspicious, with 96% quarter-on-quarter growth in the first quarter of 2019. Kumulus Vape’s goal is clear: to become one of the French leaders in 100% online e-cigarette retail within three years. AN E-CIGARETTE PIONEER A CATALOGUE OF OVER 6,000 REFERENCES Kumulus Vape is one of the top online French r
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme