ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q3-2018
ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q3 bookings and revenue for Q3 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 30% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181004005646/en/
An ExaGrid system comprised of 3 EX63000E appliances. (Photo: Business Wire)
“This was our best bookings and revenue quarter in the history of the company,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “We are continuing to replace old and expensive systems – including Dell EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce, and many other deduplication solutions – that are slow for backups due to inline deduplication and are slow for restores as they only store deduplicated data.”
In addition to record Q3 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid achieved the following:
- A Net Promoter Survey of ExaGrid’s customers yielded a Net Promoter Score of +73, considered to be “excellent” by Net Promoter standards. This customer loyalty metric measures how likely existing customers are to recommend a vendor’s product or service to a colleague.
- ExaGrid is relocating its corporate offices at the end of 2018 in order to better accommodate the company’s growing engineering, IT, customer support, inside sales, marketing, finance, and executive staff.
A sampling of the company’s many key global customer wins in Q3
- Fast response to Hurricane Florence – A large US-based provider of medical practice management services and technology has a North Carolina-based client – a practice located in the path of Hurricane Florence, a monster storm that hit the Carolina coast in early September. ExaGrid’s customer contacted ExaGrid, urgently requesting 400TB of capacity plus landing zone for its client practice. Shipped that day and installed the next in North Carolina, the system was used to back up the practice’s data, was de-installed, and was shipped to its out-of-state data center that evening for disaster recovery.
- A global manufacturer of metal components for mining and construction, previously using Dell EMC Data Domain and NetWorker, was facing a rip-and-replace of their existing system. Over the incumbents – as well as Cohesity – customer opted for a combined ExaGrid and Veeam dual-site solution for both onsite backups as well as offsite disaster recovery protection.
- Located in France, an association of private hospitals chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce due to ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam and its lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A Mexican telecommunications company was faced with a data center move and decided that ExaGrid – due to its unique landing zone – would provide them with the speed and flexibility they needed for this project as well as future backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- A Swiss social insurance company replaced HPE StoreOnce after an impressive head-to-head proof of concept (POC).
- A Middle Eastern insurer located in Oman was faced with more stringent backup retention requirements to maintain its compliance under the Islamic Shari’a framework. Customer chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce for ExaGrid’s seamless scalability to ensure continued retention compliance as data volumes increase.
- A Canadian managed services provider replaced HPE Data Protector and Avamar with Veeam, and replaced HPE StoreOnce and Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid. These selections were made over the incumbent solutions (as well as Commvault and Veritas) due to Veeam-ExaGrid’s unmatched scalability and superior performance.
- The German subsidiary of an eminent global defense company is replacing HPE Data Protector with Veeam, and its tape library with ExaGrid due to ExaGrid’s aggressive deduplication and its unsurpassed integration with Veeam.
- A European salt mine that produces five million tons of salt annually chose ExaGrid to replace its HPE disk. Among the many features and benefits, ExaGrid’s unique landing zone was ultimately the deciding factor.
- Longer-term retention requirements prompted a South African high-grade manganese mining company to compare the cost of using ExaGrid for backup storage to standard primary disk storage. ExaGrid’s data deduplication approach was a fraction of the cost of standard disk.
- The 2nd largest coal producer in the eastern U.S. replaced HPE StoreOnce and Quantum with ExaGrid. Customer’s POC showed superior performance with ExaGrid and Veeam against the incumbent vendors as well as Rubrik.
- The company continues its global expansion with the addition of field sales teams in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America.
“Customers have used the first generation of deduplication appliances for years and have hit the wall because inline deduplication is slow and does not scale” said Andrews. “ExaGrid now offers the largest system in the industry – one that can take in up to a 2PB full backup at up to 432TB/hr., which is 3X faster than its closest competitor.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is 6X faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20X faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Christine Murphy, 508-898-2872 x248
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Hilton Launches New Brand, Signia Hilton, Delivering Sophisticated Travel While Reimagining Meetings and Events22.2.2019 20:00:00 | Tiedote
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the launch of Signia Hilton, its dynamic, new meetings-and-events-focused brand. The portfolio of hotels is setting out to transform the industry for meeting professionals and sophisticated business travelers by infusing state-of-the-art technology and design into every aspect of the guest experience. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005071/en/ The brand further reinforces Hilton’s commitment to innovation that meets the evolving needs of today’s travelers and will bring premium experiences to top urban and resort destinations around the world. “In our 100th year of hospitality, we are more focused than ever on providing exceptional experiences to all of our guests – and that includes evolving those experiences to meet their changing needs,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton. “We are proud to launch Signia Hilton, which exemplifies our innovative sp
Axonics® Granted Expanded CE Mark Label; First and Only Sacral Neuromodulation System Approved for Use with Full-Body MRI Scans22.2.2019 19:30:00 | Tiedote
Axonics Modulation Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXNX), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel implantable Sacral Neuromodulation (“SNM”) devices for the treatment of urinary and bowel dysfunction, announced today that it has received CE mark approval for 1.5T and 3T full-body magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI”) conditional labeling for the Axonics r-SNM® System. The Axonics r-SNM System is the only implantable SNM system that has received full-body MRI conditional labeling for sale in Europe1. Raymond W. Cohen, Chief Executive Officer of Axonics, said, “Without this labeling, any patient requiring an MRI scan on any body part below the head must have their neurostimulator surgically explanted prior to the MRI scan, resulting in an additional surgery for the patient and additional costs to patients and the healthcare system. This authorization of full-body MRI scans in Europe is another important milestone for Axonics, differentiating our te
Fantastec Joins Forces with Arsenal FC Launching Official Blockchain Collectibles App22.2.2019 17:30:00 | Tiedote
Fantastec announced today its first football licensing agreement with Premier League club Arsenal FC for a new blockchain authenticated collectibles app called Fantastec SWAP. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005277/en/ Arsenal players appear on Fantastec SWAP in official licensing deal (Graphic: Business Wire) London-based Fantastec is a leading sports fan technology innovator, and its blockchain based ‘SWAP’ app will have broad appeal to global sports fans, gamers and sports card collectors alike. Fantastec SWAP unlocks unique and authentic club content through the app, like player autographs and exclusive footage. With its innovative blockchain technology, fans around the world can now discover, collect and swap officially licensed club collectibles with other fans with complete trust. “Fantastec SWAP is a game-changer for international football fans as well the sports collectibles industry,” commented
Volkswagen Protects Virtual Key Sharing App with Trustonic Application Protection22.2.2019 16:42:00 | Tiedote
Volkswagen is working with mobile cyber security leader Trustonic to enable customers to use smartphones to access their vehicles, and to securely share their digital car keys to grant access to others via a smartphone app. Volkswagen is using the Trustonic Application Protection (TAP) platform to secure the mobile app and ensure that sensitive information and key transfer requests are securely displayed to, and approved by, a real authenticated user on a trusted device and not by hackers or malware simulating a user or device. “The smartphone is becoming the vehicle key of the future and our We Connect service is the interface for this today in the new Volkswagen Passat,” comments Alf Pollex, Head of Infotainment and Connected Car at Volkswagen AG. “The user installs the We Connect app on their smartphone which is then authorized via the infotainment system with a Transaction Number. The Mobile Key will be compatible with Android-based Samsung devices. No mobile network connection is
Mundipharma EDO GmbH: US FDA grants Orphan Drug Designation for etoposide toniribate in relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer22.2.2019 16:30:00 | Tiedote
Mundipharma EDO GmbH, part of the Mundipharma network of independent associated companies, and Imbrium Therapeutics L.P., an operating subsidiary of Purdue Pharma L.P., today announced that the US FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) to etoposide toniribate for the treatment of relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer, also known as cholangiocarcinoma.3 This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005126/en/ Biliary tract cancer is a rare tumour with approximately 8,000 patients diagnosed in the US every year and 10,571 in Europe.4,5 The FDA grants ODD status to medicines intended for the treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases or disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the US. Radical surgery is the only curative treatment for biliary tract cancer but, in most cases, the cancer is inoperable. Patients who fail first-line chemotherapy have limited treatment options and the standard of
Lenovo Data Center Group Delivers Broad Edge Computing Portfolio, Expands Investments in IoT22.2.2019 16:13:00 | Tiedote
Next week at MWC Barcelona, Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) will showcase continued investments in its solutions supporting IoT and edge computing as part of its IoT growth plan over the next few years. Building on the momentum of its fifth consecutive quarter of profit growth, Lenovo DCG is building a portfolio that takes infrastructure to where the data is, whether that be in the traditional data center, in the cloud or increasingly, at the edge. Today, around 10 percent of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. By 2022, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75 percent. This migration is driving increased concerns around data privacy, security and regulations coupled with challenges of latency, bandwidth and downtime. Lenovo is addressing these challenges by creating a broad portfolio of edge computing offerings that address the different ways that customers want to deploy edge computing solutions for IoT use cases.
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme