ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q3-2018
ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced record Q3 bookings and revenue for Q3 2018. ExaGrid grew at a rate of 30% over the same quarter of the prior year, continuing its trend of progressive growth at a faster rate than that of the overall market and resulting in progressive market share gain. The company also continued its up-market trajectory, attracting increasing numbers of enterprise customers with hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data to be backed up.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181004005646/en/
An ExaGrid system comprised of 3 EX63000E appliances. (Photo: Business Wire)
“This was our best bookings and revenue quarter in the history of the company,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid. “We are continuing to replace old and expensive systems – including Dell EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce, and many other deduplication solutions – that are slow for backups due to inline deduplication and are slow for restores as they only store deduplicated data.”
In addition to record Q3 bookings and revenue, ExaGrid achieved the following:
- A Net Promoter Survey of ExaGrid’s customers yielded a Net Promoter Score of +73, considered to be “excellent” by Net Promoter standards. This customer loyalty metric measures how likely existing customers are to recommend a vendor’s product or service to a colleague.
- ExaGrid is relocating its corporate offices at the end of 2018 in order to better accommodate the company’s growing engineering, IT, customer support, inside sales, marketing, finance, and executive staff.
A sampling of the company’s many key global customer wins in Q3
- Fast response to Hurricane Florence – A large US-based provider of medical practice management services and technology has a North Carolina-based client – a practice located in the path of Hurricane Florence, a monster storm that hit the Carolina coast in early September. ExaGrid’s customer contacted ExaGrid, urgently requesting 400TB of capacity plus landing zone for its client practice. Shipped that day and installed the next in North Carolina, the system was used to back up the practice’s data, was de-installed, and was shipped to its out-of-state data center that evening for disaster recovery.
- A global manufacturer of metal components for mining and construction, previously using Dell EMC Data Domain and NetWorker, was facing a rip-and-replace of their existing system. Over the incumbents – as well as Cohesity – customer opted for a combined ExaGrid and Veeam dual-site solution for both onsite backups as well as offsite disaster recovery protection.
- Located in France, an association of private hospitals chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce due to ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam and its lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A Mexican telecommunications company was faced with a data center move and decided that ExaGrid – due to its unique landing zone – would provide them with the speed and flexibility they needed for this project as well as future backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- A Swiss social insurance company replaced HPE StoreOnce after an impressive head-to-head proof of concept (POC).
- A Middle Eastern insurer located in Oman was faced with more stringent backup retention requirements to maintain its compliance under the Islamic Shari’a framework. Customer chose ExaGrid over HPE StoreOnce for ExaGrid’s seamless scalability to ensure continued retention compliance as data volumes increase.
- A Canadian managed services provider replaced HPE Data Protector and Avamar with Veeam, and replaced HPE StoreOnce and Dell EMC Data Domain with ExaGrid. These selections were made over the incumbent solutions (as well as Commvault and Veritas) due to Veeam-ExaGrid’s unmatched scalability and superior performance.
- The German subsidiary of an eminent global defense company is replacing HPE Data Protector with Veeam, and its tape library with ExaGrid due to ExaGrid’s aggressive deduplication and its unsurpassed integration with Veeam.
- A European salt mine that produces five million tons of salt annually chose ExaGrid to replace its HPE disk. Among the many features and benefits, ExaGrid’s unique landing zone was ultimately the deciding factor.
- Longer-term retention requirements prompted a South African high-grade manganese mining company to compare the cost of using ExaGrid for backup storage to standard primary disk storage. ExaGrid’s data deduplication approach was a fraction of the cost of standard disk.
- The 2nd largest coal producer in the eastern U.S. replaced HPE StoreOnce and Quantum with ExaGrid. Customer’s POC showed superior performance with ExaGrid and Veeam against the incumbent vendors as well as Rubrik.
- The company continues its global expansion with the addition of field sales teams in EMEA, APAC, and Latin America.
“Customers have used the first generation of deduplication appliances for years and have hit the wall because inline deduplication is slow and does not scale” said Andrews. “ExaGrid now offers the largest system in the industry – one that can take in up to a 2PB full backup at up to 432TB/hr., which is 3X faster than its closest competitor.”
Unlike first generation deduplication solutions that were either built into a backup application media server or into a scale-up storage appliance, ExaGrid delivers the backup industry’s only true scale-out architecture with data deduplication. It is typically half the cost of the large brand solutions and also improves backup and restore performance by combining zone-level deduplication, adaptive deduplication, global deduplication, and a unique landing zone.
As the market matures, customers are understanding the performance degradation that data deduplication can have on backup unless a solution is intentionally architected to prevent any such impact. All deduplication solutions reduce storage and WAN bandwidth to a degree, but only ExaGrid solves the three inherent compute problems to achieve faster backups, restores, and VM boots by leveraging its unique landing zone, adaptive deduplication, and scale-out architecture.
“First generation deduplication solutions can be cost prohibitive for backup storage and are also slow for backups, restores, and VM boots, which is why over 80% of ExaGrid’s newly-acquired customers are replacing Dell EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, Commvault Deduplication, and the Veritas 5200/5300 series of appliances with ExaGrid,” Andrews said.
All backup storage vendors reduce storage and bandwidth to varying degrees but provide slow ingest rates because they perform data deduplication ‘inline.’ In addition, because they only store deduplicated data, restore speeds and VM boots are also very slow. Because ExaGrid has eliminated the three compute challenges inherent to backup storage with data deduplication, ExaGrid’s ingest rate is 6X faster - and restores/VM boots are up to 20X faster - than its closest competitor. Unlike the first generation vendors that only add capacity as data grows, ExaGrid appliances add compute with capacity, ensuring that the backup window remains fixed in length. Only ExaGrid uses a scale-out architecture with a unique loading zone, which holistically addresses all of the scalability and performance challenges of backup storage.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 350, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These include a two-page narrative and customer quote, demonstrating how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or on LinkedIn. See what ExaGrid customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Christine Murphy, 508-898-2872 x248
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Nadia Murad to Speak at Sharjah Conference Aimed at Boosting Opportunities for MENA’s Youth17.10.2018 13:29 | Tiedote
In the run up to one of MENA region’s premier conferences dedicated to addressing development challenges and humanitarian issues, the third edition of ‘Investing in the Future’ Conference (IIFMENA) slated for October 24-25 in Sharjah, UAE, will be seeing participation of Iraqi Human rights activist and 2018 Nobel peace prize winner, Nadia Murad. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005371/en/ Nadia Murad (Archive) With key partners UNHCR, UNICEF, UNDP and NAMA-UN Women, IIFMENA 2018 will shed the spotlight on ways governments, civil society, international organisations, academia, private sector can collaborate to involve the region’s youth more effectively in consultative, policy- and decision-making processes, enabling a more inclusive and participatory approach to tackling challenges and offering practical, scalable solutions. It is the first time since the 25-year-old Iraqi human rights activist has receiv
Bentley Systems Releases Open-Source Library: iModel.js17.10.2018 11:58 | Tiedote
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced the initial release of its iModel.js library, an open-source initiative to improve the accessibility, for both visualization and analytical visibility, of infrastructure digital twins. iModel.js can be used by developers and IT professionals to quickly and easily create immersive applications that connect their infrastructure digital twins with the rest of their digital world. iModel.js is the cornerstone of Bentley’s just-announced iTwin™ Services that combine iModelHub, reality modeling, and web-enabling software technologies within a Connected Data Environment (CDE) for infrastructure engineering. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005008/en/ Bentley Systems Releases Open-Source Library: iModel.js.(Photo: Business Wire) Be
WHOOP, the Human Performance Company, Launches in Europe17.10.2018 10:00 | Tiedote
WHOOP, the human performance company, is now available to European consumers for the first time. Launched in the US in 2014, WHOOP is now shipping to countries throughout Europe via the WHOOP website. Initial countries include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Many pro athletes and teams across Europe are already using WHOOP, which was first made available to consumers in the US in 2016. WHOOP was co-founded in 2012 by former Harvard students Will Ahmed, John Capodilupo and Aurelian Nicolae. As captain of Harvard’s D1 squash team, Ahmed, the company's CEO, found that he and his teammates frequently over trained, misinterpreted fitness peaks, and underestimated recovery and sleep, often leading to injury. He became inspired by a simple idea: Humans, especially athletes, could optimize their daily performance if they had a systematic approach to understanding their bodies. The WHOOP Strap 2.0 is a wearable d
project44 and Gatehouse Logistics Announce Exclusive Partnership17.10.2018 10:00 | Tiedote
project44 (p44) and Gatehouse Logistics jointly announced today that they have entered into an exclusive, multinational agreement which will provide secure and authorized access to the largest visibility network across North America and Europe. Ultimately, accelerating the ability for both technology providers to deliver visibility solutions across multiple transportation modes and geographies. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181017005211/en/ End-to-end supply chain visibility is critical for complex global organizations looking to monitor global operations, increase efficiencies and improve the overall customer experience. This first of its kind multinational partnership provides visibility into key transportation processes, ensuring global organizations can accurately see and proactively respond to all events in their supply chain at the “speed of thought.” Gatehouse Logistics CEO Jesper Bennike commented th
Biogen and Samsung Bioepis Announce European Launch of IMRALDI™(adalimumab), Solidifying Leadership in European Anti-TNF Market17.10.2018 09:18 | Tiedote
Biogen (Nasdaq:BIIB) and Samsung Bioepis Co., Ltd. today announced the European launch of IMRALDI™ (adalimumab), a biosimilar referencing HUMIRA®. Starting today, IMRALDI™ will begin launching in major markets across Europe. The launch of IMRALDI™ marks a significant milestone for Biogen and Samsung Bioepis, as the adalimumab product is the third anti-TNF biosimilar developed by Samsung Bioepis to be commercialized by Biogen across Europe. BENEPALI™ (etanercept) and FLIXABI™ (infliximab) were approved in 2016, and have approximately 100,000 patients currently under treatment with more than 6 million doses administered across 25 and 14 countries, respectively.ii “We look forward to increasing patient access to this important medicine by leveraging our industry-leading position in the European anti-TNF market,” said Ian Henshaw, Head of Biogen’s Biosimilars Unit. “The launch of IMRALDI marks what we believe to be a landmark moment for Biogen and Samsung Bioepis and for European healthcar
Durabook Delivers World’s Toughest Semi-Rugged Computer17.10.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
Durabook, the global brand fully owned by Twinhead International Corporation, has today introduced the most durable semi-rugged computer ever created. The Durabook S14I greatly exceeds all existing devices in its class in both drop height and IP ratings. Built with 8th generation Intel® CPU and a wide selection of I/O options, the S14I is ideal for demanding working environments of public safety, government, military and field service. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181016006151/en/ Durabook S14I Features Class-Leading Drop Height and IP Ratings along with 8th Generation Intel CPU Power (Photo: Business Wire) “As the definition of the modern workplace expands, the line between what is office and what is field are often becoming blended” said Fred Kao, CEO of Twinhead. “So we are blending the line between what is a semi-rugged and what is a fully-rugged. Under the form factor of a traditional semi-rugged lapto
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme