Forge Biologics Forms Independent Scientific and Manufacturing Advisory Board with Panel of Gene Therapy Leaders
Forge Biologics, a gene therapy-focused contract development and manufacturing organization, announced today the formation of an independent board of preeminent experts, a Scientific and Manufacturing Advisory Board (SMAB), to advise the Company on its gene therapy manufacturing offerings and therapeutics pipeline development. The board will serve the traditional functions of a scientific advisory board, with a distinct and strategic emphasis on manufacturing advancements.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220517005561/en/
Credit: Forge Biologics
“We are thrilled and privileged to have gathered such a renowned group of experts in gene therapy development and manufacturing to work with us to us deliver quality products to our clients, especially as we accelerate AAV production with our new 5,000L bioreactor,” said Timothy J. Miller, Ph.D., CEO, President, and Co-Founder of Forge Biologics. “The board’s guidance will help focus our mission of manufacturing potentially life-saving therapies to patients suffering from genetic diseases.”
Members of Forge’s inaugural Scientific and Manufacturing Advisory Board include:
- Steven J. Gray, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Gray serves as the director of the UTSW Viral Vector Facility. His core expertise is in adeno-associated viral (AAV) gene therapy vector engineering, followed by optimizing approaches to deliver a gene to the nervous system. His research focus has also been heavily focused in developing AAV-based treatments for neurological diseases, several of which have translated into clinical trials.
- Robert Kotin, Ph.D., Executive and scientific co-founder at Stealth Newco; Scientific co-founder of Generation Bio and Frontera Therapeutics; Vice President of Production, Voyager Therapeutics. Dr. Kotin is a preeminent expert in AAV gene therapy manufacturing and the co-inventor of the baculovirus-based AAV production system. He joined Voyager from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health, where he served for more than 20 years in roles of increasing responsibility, most recently as Senior Investigator and Laboratory Chief. Previously, Dr. Kotin served as head of the AAV gene therapy program at Genetic Therapy and as Senior Research Scientist of the Medical Research Division at Lederle Laboratories.
- Karen Kozarsky, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer, SwanBio Therapeutics. Dr. Kozarsky has over 25 years of experience in gene therapy, with a primary focus on the development of gene therapy for inherited rare diseases utilizing AAV vectors. She has been involved in the development of multiple gene therapy products that are in clinical trials. Previously, Dr. Kozarsky was President of Vector BioPartners, Vice President of R&D at REGENXBIO Inc., and Head of Gene Therapy in the GlaxoSmithKline Biopharmaceutical Center of Excellence for Drug Discovery.
- Haiyan Ma, Ph.D., Director of Science, Northern Biomolecular Services. Dr. Ma is a scientific leader with over 30 years of experience in academic laboratories, pharmaceutical industry, and contracted research. She has a broad background in molecular and cell biology, applications of cell and gene therapy, bioanalysis of DNA/RNA/proteins, and virology. She led the establishment of a GLP compliant molecular biology lab, and served as Study Director or Contributing Scientist in 150+ studies.
- Simon N. Waddington, Ph.D., Professor of Gene Therapy at University College London. Dr. Waddington’s research has spanned viral and non-viral gene therapy. He has published in Cell, Nature Medicine, and Science Translational Medicine on Adenovirus, AAV and lentivirus biology. Some of the fruits of this work are in late-stage clinical trials.
The board will advise Forge leadership on strategic direction and goals, specifically in the areas of manufacturing and scientific or therapeutic program development.
“The landscape for clinical gene therapy is constantly evolving, and we are eager to work with our board members to ensure that we are observant, thoughtful and agile in our responses to the developments in the field,” said Erandi De Silva, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Product Development at Forge. “We are striving to effectively build strategies to overcome the barriers to efficient manufacturing and development in gene therapy, and this group’s guidance will be invaluable.”
About Forge Biologics
Forge Biologics is a hybrid gene therapy contract manufacturing and clinical-stage therapeutics development company. Forge’s mission is to enable access to life-changing gene therapies and help bring them from idea to reality. Forge has a 200,000 square foot facility in Columbus, Ohio, the Hearth, to serve as its headquarters. The Hearth is a custom-designed cGMP facility dedicated to AAV vector manufacturing and will host end-to-end manufacturing services to accelerate gene therapy programs from preclinical through clinical and commercial stage manufacturing. By taking a patients-first approach, Forge aims to accelerate the timelines of these transformative medicines for those who need them the most. To learn more, visit www.forgebiologics.com .
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Senior Vice President, Head of Business Development
Chief Commercial Officer
Senior Vice President, Finance and Investor Relations
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
ADVA Optical Networking SE: ADVA Optical Networking SE to enter into negotiations for a domination agreement or domination and profit and loss transfer agreement with Acorn HoldCo, Inc.7.7.2022 01:15:00 EEST | Press release
Today, Acorn HoldCo, Inc. (“Acorn HoldCo”) has informed ADVA Optical Networking SE (“ADVA”) about its intention to enter into negotiations regarding the conclusion of a domination agreement (“DA”) or a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement (“DPLTA”, either the DA or the DPLTA the “Agreement”) within the meaning of Sec. 291 para. 1 of the German Stock Corporation Act (Aktiengesetz) with Acorn HoldCo (or a subsidiary yet to be established) as the dominating entity and ADVA as the dominated entity. ADVA’s management board has decided to enter into negotiations for such an Agreement. The necessary preparatory measures include obtaining a valuation memorandum and proposing a contract auditor to be appointed by the court. The decision for or against the conclusion of an Agreement will be taken at a later date following a comprehensive review in consultation and coordination with Acorn HoldCo’s management. To be effective, an Agreement will require the approval of ADVA’s general m
ADVA CEO Brian Protiva to step down, CTO Christoph Glingener appointed as successor6.7.2022 23:45:00 EEST | Press release
ADVA (FSE: ADV) today announced that Brian Protiva is to step down as CEO. After a transition period of several weeks, Protiva will assume the role of vice chairman of Acorn HoldCo, Inc. (the holding company of Adtran and ADVA). Christoph Glingener will be appointed ADVA’s new CEO and will also continue as the company’s CTO. During Protiva’s 25-year tenure as chief executive officer, he successfully steered the company from a small start-up to an industry leader in metro WDM and Ethernet access devices. As ADVA is about to complete its business combination with Adtran, Protiva will support the further unification of the companies over the coming months. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220706005829/en/ Brian Protiva, CEO, ADVA (Photo: Business Wire) “Working side-by-side with Brian for eight years, I was privileged to see one of the industry‘s true leaders develop a world-class company. During his 25 years as A
MSCI Schedules Earnings Call to Review Second Quarter 2022 Results6.7.2022 21:30:00 EEST | Press release
MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community, announced today it will release its results for the second quarter 2022 on Tuesday, July 26, 2022, before the market opens. A copy of the earnings release, as well as an earnings presentation and a quarterly update, will be made available on MSCI's Investor Relations website. MSCI's senior management will review the second quarter 2022 results on Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time. To listen to the live event via webcast, visit the events and presentations section of MSCI's Investor Relations website, https://ir.msci.com/events-and-presentations or to join via telephone, please register yourself at https://ir.msci.com/events-and-presentations. Upon registration, telephone participants will receive a confirmation email detailing how to join the conference call, including a dial-in number and a unique participant pin that can be used to access the c
Esri Recognizes Italian Rail Agency for Modernizing Infrastructure6.7.2022 16:50:00 EEST | Press release
Last year, the Italian rail agency Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI) built an application using geographic information system (GIS) technology from Esri, the global leader in location intelligence. Called StationLAND, the application is designed to make railway stations the centerpieces of their communities by increasing connectivity to the stations themselves within towns and cities. StationLAND improves the understanding of how and why rail stations work and how they can work better. StationLAND was designed to address a very specific need. "In Italy, the railways are one of the things that work best. What lagged was our stations," said Luigi Contestabile, RFI head of facilities, who also led the team that built the application. As a result, RFI sought to use technology to understand how rail stations could be better connected to their communities, thereby encouraging more rail travel. "The stations' centricity in our planning is fundamental to developing the sustainable intermodality
Globality Named Best Innovative Provider at Trophées des Achats Procurement Awards6.7.2022 16:42:00 EEST | Press release
Globality, the company transforming the way global enterprises buy services with its leading AI-powered digital solution, was recently named “Lauréat d’Or”, or “Best Innovative Provider”, at the prestigious Trophées des Achats awards ceremony in Paris. Organised annually since 2007 by Republik, the Trophées des Achats is regarded as a leading procurement event in France with more than 900 procurement professionals gathering each year to celebrate the most innovative technology and solutions transforming the procurement industry. More than 60 companies competed across three categories with the Innovative Provider category rewarding the digital solutions which are improving the performance of procurement teams at leading global organizations. Globality received its award from the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) of France Television, Ahlem Hamdi and Bertrand Pouilloux, CPO of Enedis. Other members of the jury included Veolia CPO Sophie Gour, Yasser Balawi, CPO at Sodiaal, Siemens CPO Oliv
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom