GA-ASI’s I2C Makes Situational Awareness More Affordable Using Automation & UX-Based Design
The new Integrated Intelligence Center (I2C) from General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) presents innovative ways to improve the user experience for operators of Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) using automation and user experience-based design (UX).
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190617005255/en/
The System for Tactical Archival, Retrieval and Exploitation (STARE) is a component of GA-ASI's new Integrated Intelligence Center. STARE's Common Operation Picture shows the location of ISR assets, where they can look, and what they are currently looking at. STARE's automated Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination capabilities produces actionable intelligence faster with reduced manpower. (Graphic: Business Wire)
“I2C will rapidly transform data into actionable intelligence,” said David R. Alexander, president, GA-ASI. “We see benefits to the warfighter on many fronts, including the reduction of operational cost – whether it’s Ground Ops, Air Ops, or Intel Ops. By combining XC2, Automatic Takeoff and Landing, MMC and our single-seat Certifiable Ground Control Station, we will reduce manning by 50 percent.”
GA-ASI’s modular and open software architecture designs promote horizontal integration of third party software and rapid integration of new capabilities, making the following developments the ideal set of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) tools for streamlined and improved collaboration:
- eXpeditionary Command & Control (XC2): XC2 laptop leverages GA-ASI’s Advanced Cockpit development by porting select capabilities to a ruggedized laptop. A forward-deployed maintainer can use the laptop to employ automated pre-flight and post-flight checklists that reduce setup times by up to 50 percent, and reduces the airlift requirements by eliminating the need for a forward-deployed Ground Control Station (GCS).
- Certifiable Ground Control Station (CGCS): The CGCS enables single-seat operations to reduce manpower requirements. Its tactical situation display unifies ISR and C4ISR data, as well as mission planning into a single Common Operating Picture (COP). The integrated Collins Pro Line Fusion® enables CGCS certifiability for operation in national airspace.
- Multi-Mission Controller (MMC): The MMC enables a single user to safely control multiple aircraft and perform transit and routine ISR missions using a hand controller. When an aircraft is tasked with performing more dynamic ISR or a strike mission, MMC allows a rapid handoff of the aircraft to a dedicated GCS, where a mission crew can take control.
- Metis – Automated intelligence Collection Management - Metis is a map-based interface that enables a pre-approved Metis user to request ISR products from the RPA, similar to ordering a car from Uber. Once the Metis user sends a task, it’s transmitted to MMC in real time. The MMC user selects the task and an integrated third party auto-router automatically generates a safe route to the requested target.
- STARE Imagery: The System for Tactical Archival, Retrieval, and Exploitation’s (STARE) Common Operation Picture shows aircraft locations, where the operator can look and what they are looking at. The Multi-INT exploitation tool ingests, archives, disseminates and makes ISR data discoverable for imagery analysts to utilize. STARE reduces data exploitation tasks from hours to minutes.
- Automation of Intel Ops: I2C integrates third party capabilities and software services to make Intel analysts more effective. Automated Activity Alerts – based on Multi-INT data correlation – reduces the need for eyes-on RPA sensor data to pick out significant activity. GA-ASI is partnering with best-of-breed companies specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning with proven AI-based systems deployed across multiple commercial sectors. GA-ASI works with these businesses to train their AI capability with MQ-9, MQ-1C and Predator ISR data.
These tools and capabilities are either operationally deployed, undergoing customer operational assessment or are actively flying aircraft.
Hi-resolution images of the Integrated Intelligence Center are available to qualified media outlets from the listed GA-ASI media contact. For all Paris Air Show announcements from GA-ASI, go to www.ga-asi.com/paris-2019 .
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is the leading designer and manufacturer of proven, reliable Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) systems, radars, and electro-optic and related mission systems, including the Predator® RPA series and the Lynx® Multi-mode Radar. With more than five million flight hours, GA-ASI provides long-endurance, mission-capable aircraft with integrated sensor and data link systems required to deliver persistent flight that enables situational awareness and rapid strike. The company also produces a variety of ground control stations and sensor control/image analysis software, offers pilot training and support services, and develops meta-material antennas. For more information, visit www.ga-asi.com.
Predator and Lynx are registered trademarks of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
+1 (858) 524-8108
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Temenos Acquires a SaaS-based, Patented, Explainable AI (XAI) Platform to Accelerate its AI Roadmap and Expertise17.7.2019 19:22:00 EEST | Press release
Contact information Media Contacts Jessica Wolfe Temenos Global Public Relations Tel: +1 610 232 2793 Email : email@example.com Alistair Kellie & Andrew Adie Newgate Communications on behalf of Temenos Tel: +44 20 7680 6550 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gartner Names Airship a Leader, Positioned Highest in Execution and Furthest in Vision in the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms17.7.2019 18:59:00 EEST | Press release
Customer engagement company Airship today announced that it has been named a Leader by Gartner, Inc. in its 2019 Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms1. Among 18 vendors evaluated, Airship was positioned highest in its ability to execute and also furthest for its completeness of vision. A complimentary copy of the full report is available from Airship. “We believe Gartner’s positioning of Airship validates our unique ability to deliver innovative, transformative digital customer experiences for the world’s leading brands,” said Brett Caine, CEO and president, Airship. “Airship delivers rich messages with pinpoint accuracy on whatever channel is most convenient and effective for the customer. Today’s customer expects proactive information and real-time response, and Airship is the essential component that makes it all possible.” According to Gartner, “Globally, consumers spend more of their time on smartphones than on desktops, laptops or tablets. This broad and rapid consumer a
GSMA Signs £38 Million Funding Partnership With the Department of International Development17.7.2019 18:02:00 EEST | Press release
The GSMA today announced that it has signed a thirty-eight million-pound partnership with the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID). The ‘Partnership for Inclusion, Innovation and Scale’ will provide funding for the GSMA’s Mobile for Development work on digital inclusion, digital identity, energy, water, sanitation and the reduction of the mobile gender gap. It will also include two new areas of focus: disability and climate. “This landmark partnership with DFID reinforces the joint power and potential of the private and public sectors working together and ensures that we will continue our crucial role of stimulating digital innovation to deliver both sustainable business and large-scale socio-economic impact for the underserved,” said Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA. “This project reinforces our commitment to supporting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and using the power of technology to reduce global inequalities.” Inclusion, Innovation and Scale The partne
Gilead Sciences’ Chief Scientific Officer John McHutchison to Leave the Company17.7.2019 15:30:00 EEST | Press release
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) announced today that John McHutchison, AO, MD, Chief Scientific Officer and Head of Research & Development, has decided to leave the company, effective next month. The company will immediately commence a search for his successor. Dr. McHutchison joined Gilead in 2010 and under his leadership, Gilead has developed five medicines that have been used by more than 3.2 million people around the world for the curative treatment of chronic hepatitis C, and treatment of chronic hepatitis B. He also oversaw the company’s expansion into oncology with the development of Gilead’s first cancer medicine, Zydelig® (idelalisib). He was appointed Chief Scientific Officer in March 2018. During his tenure, he has been responsible for broadening and overseeing the company’s Research and Development pipeline, advancing candidates in new therapeutic areas, including oncology, cell therapy and inflammation. “Over the past nine years, John’s scientific contributions and le
Gilead Sciences Announces Changes to Senior Leadership Team17.7.2019 15:30:00 EEST | Press release
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) announced today changes to the company’s senior leadership team. Gregg Alton, Chief Patient Officer, and Katie Watson, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, will be departing Gilead. Jyoti Mehra has been named Executive Vice President, Human Resources, and will assume responsibility for the worldwide HR function. Mr. Alton joined Gilead in 1999 and most recently has led Gilead’s corporate and medical affairs functions and developing world access programs, as well as commercial operations in certain countries of Asia and Latin America. He previously served as general counsel and helped to architect the company’s innovative access model for HIV and viral hepatitis medicines in resource-limited countries. He will remain with Gilead through October 4 and plans to serve in an advisory capacity until the end of the year to help transition his responsibilities to other parts of the organization. “Gregg has been a valued leader at Gilead for nearly 20
WilsonHCG Recognized as a “Leader” in NelsonHall’s 2019 NEAT Vendor Evaluation for All RPO Categories17.7.2019 15:00:00 EEST | Press release
WilsonHCG has been identified as a “Leader” in NelsonHall’s NEAT Vendor Evaluation for RPO. The global talent solutions provider was recognized as a leader in all categories that were evaluated, including overall, candidate experience, geographic footprint & scalability, services delivery innovation, sourcing candidates and technology innovation. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190717005385/en/ This chart shows WilsonHCG's position against other RPO providers for "Candidate Experience." Identified as a "Leader" in "Candidate Experience," this recognizes the company's ability to meet future client requirements as well as deliver immediate benefits to RPO clients with a specific focus on candidate experience. (Graphic: Business Wire) Nikki Edwards, Principal HR Services Research Analyst at NelsonHall, said: “WilsonHCG’s proactive, innovative partnership approach is embedded in its culture. These strengths can be
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom