GALDERMA Showcases Its Continued Commitment to Innovation in Dermatology With New Data to Be Presented at 2022 EADV Congress
Galderma has announced it will be showcasing its latest scientific updates at the 31st European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) congress in Milan, September 7-10, 2022. These include on-site clinical data presentations, a symposia series and booth activities, all focusing on serving patients by providing options across the Therapeutic Dermatology, Dermo-cosmetics and Injectable Aesthetics categories. As the pure-play dermatology leader, Galderma’s significant presence at EADV reaffirms its commitment to delivering a truly innovative, science-based portfolio of premium cutting-edge brands and services.
The latest science presented by Galderma at EADV reflects the company’s significant investments in research and development with large trials across multiple indications for severe conditions such as prurigo nodularis, atopic dermatitis, acne, rosacea, non-melanoma skin cancer and onychomycosis. For over 40 years, Galderma has solely focused on dermatology and has proven to be one of the few players capable of providing not only best-in-class product solutions but also first-in-class solutions with new innovative modes of action. Today, Galderma is a leading scientific voice in these disease areas and remains committed to delivering further advances for patients with these and other severe skin concerns.
One of the most awaited updates from the company this year will be a focus on IL-31, a neuroimmune cytokine that has been demonstrated to be a central mediator in prurigo nodularis and atopic dermatitis. The cytokine acts as a bridge between the immune and nervous systems and plays a crucial role in igniting and fueling the pathophysiological aspects, including itch and inflammation1,2. Two symposia and eight scientific posters will examine the disease burden, the role of IL-31 in these inflammatory skin conditions and treatments under development.
Another area of focus for Galderma will be on sensitive skin, which affects a major portion of the population with over 70% of women reporting suffering from its effects3. With its strong consumer skin range dedicated to sensitive skin including Cetaphil and the recent acquisition of Alastin Skincare, Galderma understands the need for specifically designed treatments and personalized skincare regimes. At the EADV this year, Galderma, along with key opinion leaders, will be challenging the existing paradigms on sensitive skin and challenging the community on whether it should be considered as a standalone skin condition.
Other skin conditions that drive patients to their dermatologist are acne, rosacea, actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer, conditions that affect a significant cross-section of society. Galderma has been researching these conditions and bringing innovative products to patients and consumers for decades. At EADV, the company will present new data and host scientific meetings and discussions to look at novel patient-centered, holistic approaches in each of these areas to support the identification of the best personalized treatment regimens for each patient.
Galderma’s significant presence at EADV this year reflects its expertise across these common and often severe skin conditions and is testament to its commitment to advancing dermatology for every skin story.
“We look forward to engaging with the dermatology community at the
BALDO SCASSELLATI SFORZOLINI, M.D.
Below is a full list of activities taking place.
Prurigo nodularis and atopic dermatitis
- Thinking differently about atopic dermatitis: It’s time for a new perspective – September 9, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: AMBER 3 and 4). Chaired by Professor Diamant Thaçi (Germany) and featuring Professor Marjolein de Bruin-Weller (Netherlands) and Professor Andreas Wollenberg (Germany)
- Navigating new data in prurigo nodularis: restoring hope for patients – September 10, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Chaired by Professor Sonja Ständer (Germany) and Professor Giampiero Girolomoni (Italy), and featuring Professor Doctor Shawn Kwatra (U.S.) and Professor Doctor Bernhard Homey (Germany)
- Simplifying sensitive skin: can we define it as a standalone skin condition? – September 7, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Chaired by Professor Giovanni Pellacani (Italy) and featuring Professor Adam Friedman (U.S.) and Doctor Krzysztof Piotrowski (Switzerland)
- A novel patient-centered approach for acne management – September 8, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Co-chaired by Professor Alison Layton (UK) and Professor Doctor Jerry Tan (Canada), and featuring Doctor Vincenzo Bettoli (Italy)
- Opportunities for a holistic approach to acne vulgaris management – September 9, 9:15 AM -10:00 AM CEST (Room: HUB 2.05). Featuring Professor Brigitte Dreno (France), Professor Gabriella Fabbrocini and Doctor Magda Belmontesi (Italy)
- Acne update: Recent advances on skin microbiome, strain co-residence of C. acnes and treatment best practices – September 9, 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM CEST (Room: HUB 2.08). Featuring Professor Brigitte Dreno (France) and Professor Tami Lieberman (U.S.)
- Clinical challenges in rosacea: overcoming obstacles on the road to treatment optimization – September 8, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Featuring Professor Doctor Giuseppe Micali (Italy), Professor Doctor Martin Schaller (Germany) and Professor Doctor Jerry Tan (Canada)
Actinic keratosis / non-melanoma skin cancer
- An integrated approach for actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer management – September 8, 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM CEST (Room: HUB 2.03). Chaired by Professor Merete Haedersdal (Denmark) and featuring Professor Claas Ulrich (Germany) and Doctor Magda Belmontesi (Italy)
- Beyond the lesion: Expert recommendations for longitudinal, patient-centered actinic keratosis management – September 9, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CEST (Room: AMBER 3 and 4). Co-chaired by Professor Rolf-Markus Szeimies (Germany) and Professor Colin Morton (UK) and featuring Professor Piergiacomo Calzavara-Pinton (Italy)
- Personalizing Actinic Keratosis Treatment (PAKT): Expert recommendations to support patient-centered management of actinic keratosis (oral presentation) – September 10, 10:15 AM CEST (Room: BROWN 2, FC05: Free comms in cutaneous oncology and genetics). Featuring Professor Rolf-Markus Szeimies (Germany)
- Onychomycosis update: Quantified penetration profile of topical amorolfine in infected human nails – September 8, 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM CEST (Room: HUB 2.01). Featuring Professor Martin Schaller (Germany)
A broad range of new scientific data posters has been accepted for EADV this year and can be provided upon request.
Galderma is the pure-play dermatology category leader, present in approximately 90 countries. We deliver an innovative, science-based portfolio of premium flagship brands and services that span the full spectrum of the fast-growing dermatology market through Injectable Aesthetics, Dermo-Cosmetics and Therapeutic Dermatology. Since our foundation in 1981, we have dedicated our focus and passion to the human body’s largest organ – the skin – meeting individual consumer and patient needs with superior outcomes in partnership with healthcare professionals. Because we understand that the skin we’re in shapes our lives, we are advancing dermatology for every skin story. Galderma’s portfolio of flagship brands includes Restylane, Dysport, Azzalure, Alluzience and Sculptra in Injectable Aesthetics; Soolantra, Epiduo, Differin, Aklief, Epsolay, Twyneo, Oracea, Metvix, Benzac and Loceryl in Therapeutic Dermatology; and Cetaphil and Alastin in Dermo-cosmetics. For more information: www.galderma.com.
1.Williams KA, Roh YS, Brown I, et al. Pathophysiology, diagnosis, and pharmacological treatment of prurigo nodularis. Expert Rev Clin Pharmakoi.2021;14(1):67-77. doi:10.1080/17512433.2021.1852080
2. Nemmer JM, Kuchner M, Datsi A, et al. Interleukin-31 signaling bridges the gap between immune cells, the nervous system and epithelial tissues. Front Med (Lausanne). 2021;8: 639097. doi:10.3389/fmed.2021.639097
3. Farage, Miranda A. “The Prevalence of Sensitive Skin.” US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6533878.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Christian Marcoux, M.Sc.
Chief Communications Officer
+41 76 315 26 50
Global Franchise Communications
+41 76 261 64 41
Global Head of Investor Relations
Corporate Communications Director
+41 79 529 59 85
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Acathia Capital Completes Acquisition of Swedish Life Insurer Futur Pension7.10.2022 12:51:00 EEST | Press release
With the receipt of approvals from the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority, Acathia Capital has completed the increase of its stake in Futur Pension Försäkrings AB, the most successful life insurer in Sweden. Since 2019, Acathia Capital has been the joint lead investor, together with the Nordic private equity manager Polaris, in this investment, within a group of 5 institutional investors. As a result of the transaction, investment vehicles advised by Acathia have increased their joint stake in Futur Pension from 30% to almost 50%. Futur Pension is a powerful demonstration of how digitalization is fundamentally transforming the insurance business. The fintech, founded in 2000, has already fundamentally transformed the Swedish life insurance market in terms of cost and market share structure. Dr. Thomas Schmitt, managing partner of Acathia Capital, comments: “Futur Pension has increased its market share from 7% to over 11% of premium volume since we have become owners in 2019, makin
EIG’s MidOcean Energy to Acquire Tokyo Gas’ Interests in Portfolio of Four Australian Integrated LNG Projects for US$2.15 Billion7.10.2022 11:44:00 EEST | Press release
MidOcean Energy (“MidOcean”), an LNG company formed and managed by EIG, a leading institutional investor in the global energy and infrastructure sectors, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd (“Tokyo Gas”) to acquire Tokyo Gas’ interests in a portfolio of four Australian integrated LNG projects. Under the terms of the agreement, MidOcean will acquire Tokyo Gas’ interests in Gorgon LNG, Ichthys LNG, Pluto LNG and Queensland Curtis LNG for total cash consideration of US$2.15 billion. These integrated projects span Australia’s western and eastern seaboard and are major suppliers of LNG to Asia, with a diverse set of long-dated take or pay contracts with investment grade counterparties, and to Australia’s domestic gas markets. The portfolio is expected to generate approximately 1 million tonnes per annum of LNG net to MidOcean, production that is underpinned by long-life reserves and a globally competitive cost structure. The portfolio bene
Slate Asset Management Provides Fleet Financing to Move About Group AB to Support Rollout of Electric Vehicles and Charging Infrastructure Across Europe7.10.2022 10:00:00 EEST | Press release
Slate Asset Management (“Slate”), a global alternative investment platform targeting real assets, today announced that it has agreed to provide financing to Move About Group AB (“Move About”), a Swedish electric mobility service, to support the roll out of more than 150 electric vehicles and electric vehicle charging infrastructure throughout Europe. The car funding provided by Slate will be used to bolster Move About’s electric car fleet, which currently owns and operates over 800 electric cars and has more than 71,000 users on its platform. Move About is a Sweden-based electric mobility service that delivers environmentally friendly and cost-effective mobility solutions to over 300 locations across Sweden, Norway, and Germany. Move About has partnered with some of the largest companies across Europe to save tons of carbon dioxide emissions every year. Since it was founded in 2007, Move About has become the largest provider of emission-free carsharing in the Nordic region. Christian S
LabGenius Secures Government Innovation Grant to Expand ML-driven Drug Discovery Platform, EVA™7.10.2022 10:00:00 EEST | Press release
LabGenius, a pioneer in the use of machine learning (ML) for antibody engineering, today announced that it has been awarded a highly competitive SMART grant from Innovate UK. Grants from the £25 million fund allow businesses like LabGenius to realize the potential of new ideas by investing in game-changing, commercially viable research and development projects. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221007005023/en/ To date, LabGenius’ EVA platform has been used to co-optimize mono- and multi-specific single domain antibodies for biochemical and bio functional properties, including stability, potency and selective tumor cell killing. This grant will be used to further expand EVA 's capabilities by accelerating the platform’s ability to optimize antibody-based immune cell engager molecules. Many existing antibody therapeutics have poor selective cell killing profiles, which can result in on-target, off-tumor effects,
Valbiotis Accelerates Its Marketing Strategy7.10.2022 08:35:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Valbiotis (FR0013254851 – ALVAL, PEA / SME eligible), a Research and Development company committed to scientific innovation for preventing and combating metabolic and cardiovascular diseases, is accelerating its marketing strategy. Sébastien PELTIER, Chairman of the Valbiotis Board of Directors, states: "Today, we are embarking on a complementary development cycle to commercialize our innovative active substances, with the aim of providing breakthrough solutions for reducing the risk factors of cardio-metabolic diseases. Our new strategy aims to accelerate the growth of Valbiotis and to boost its capacity for innovation using two main levers: firstly, the signing of international partnerships (global or regional) with major players in the nutrition and healthcare sectors, supported by the specialist firm AEC Partners1, and secondly, the company's own marketing of its products on the French market. This dual strategy, creating value, will enable Valbiotis to rapidly tar
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom