GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Rockwell Automation Opens Registration for 2018 Automation Fair18.9.2018 17:54 | Tiedote
Registration is now open for the 2018 Automation Fair, hosted by Rockwell Automation and members of its global PartnerNetwork program. The 27th annual Automation Fair will be held Nov. 12-15 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The event brings together approximately 10,000 manufacturers and producers from across the globe to learn about the newest innovations in automation and take part in training, industry forums and networking events. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180918005725/en/ Automation Fair will feature more than 150 exhibits showcasing the latest product innovations for industrial manufacturing and production. Hosted by Rockwell Automation and members of its PartnerNetwork, the event offers more than 400 hours of educational opportunities through forums, hands-on labs and technical sessions. (Photo: Business Wire) “The next industrial transformation is here – and meeting its demands requires a m
Seoul Semiconductor Supplies Optimal LEDs ‘SunLike’ to Large Scale Applications of Lumitronix in Germany18.9.2018 16:33 | Tiedote
Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (KOSDAQ 046890), a market leader in LED (light emitting diode) design and manufacturing, supplied the innovative LEDs “SunLike” to Lumitronix, the LED specialist located in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180918005626/en/ The Modules with SunLike LEDs. (Photo: Business Wire) In cooperation with Seoul Semiconductor, Lumitronix has also developed three optimal SunLike modules to provide customers with a standardized solution and expand its adoption in the lighting market. Two of the LED modules comply with the standard of Zhaga, a global association of lighting companies, for Book 7 L56W2 and Book 7 L28W2 and enable easy replacement in various industrial applications. The modules named LinearZ are available in one feet and two feet length. The model LinearZ 280-26 measures 280 mm and is equipped with 26 SunLike LEDs and has a light output of up to 700 lm.
Andersen Global Continues South American Expansion With BKM Berkemeyer18.9.2018 16:30 | Tiedote
Andersen Global announces further growth in South America with the signing of a Collaboration Agreement with BKM Berkemeyer, one of the oldest and largest law firms in Paraguay. With two locations in the capital city of Asunción, the firm has a headcount of nearly 150 professionals, including ten Partners and over 60 lawyers. Established in 1951, BKM Berkemeyer is led by Managing Partner Hugo Berkemeyer and provides legal solutions to both domestic and international clients. The firm delivers advice in all areas of law, including business and corporate, taxation, litigation, environment, employment and intellectual property, with a notable expertise in international transactions and business matters. BKM Berkemeyer also specializes in M&A’s, joint ventures, foreign investment, infrastructure, project finance and financial transactions, advising also on issues regarding telecommunications, water and energy projects. Hugo commented, “Our focus at BKM Berkemeyer has been to provide flexib
175 Million Europeans Have Sleep Apnoea, Highlighting Scale of Global Health Crisis18.9.2018 16:05 | Tiedote
Roughly 175 million Europeans have obstructive sleep apnoea, according to a late-breaking abstract presented by ResMed today at the European Respiratory Society’s annual ERS Congress in Paris. Leading researchers estimate 90 million Europeans have moderate to severe sleep apnoea, meaning they experience at least 15 breathing events an hour during sleep. These statistics are based on the latest scoring rules for determining one’s apnoea–hypopnoea index (AASM 2012) and are connected with a 16-country study announced in May 2018 that revealed an estimated 936 million people worldwide have sleep apnoea, a chronic sleep-disordered breathing condition associated with increased risk of mortality and reduced quality of life. The new global prevalence is nearly tenfold higher than the previous one – 100 million – estimated by the World Health Organization in 2007. European countries with the highest prevalence are: Russia, 40 million Germany, 26 million France, 24 million Ukraine, 13 million Sp
Veteran Gartner Analyst Pat Phelan Joins Rimini Street as VP of Market Research18.9.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
Rimini Street, Inc., (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, today announced the appointment of Pat Phelan as vice president of market research. In this new role, Phelan is responsible for research across the enterprise software market, including applications and technology strategies, software vendor support, third-party support, IT leadership trends and IT optimization. She also supports strategic planning, senior leadership discussions, business development and sales execution by providing enterprise software licensees with quantitative and qualitative strategic insights. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180918005304/en/ Veteran Gartner Analyst Pat Phelan Joins Rimini Street as VP of Market Research (Photo: Business Wire) “As a Gartner analyst, I closely followed Rimini Street since its
AGCO Launches AGCO Agriculture Foundation18.9.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO), a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and solutions, today announced the launch of the AGCO Agriculture Foundation. “The AGCO Agriculture Foundation is a testament to our commitment to support farmers feeding the world. Our objective is to support non-profit initiatives that contribute to global food security, support sustainable agriculture development and have an economic impact in developing countries,” said Martin Richenhagen, AGCO’s Chairman, President and CEO. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180918005073/en/ The new philanthropic focus demonstrates AGCO’s strong commitment to specific Sustainable Development Goals developed by the United Nations that seek to end hunger and provide basic necessities to a growing world population. AGCO has already been driving change globally, particularly in certain developing markets, by supporting farmer
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme