GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Tracxpoint Signed a Major Agreement to Deploy its Artificial Intelligence Cart (AiC®) Platform at CONAD, One of the Largest and Most Sophisticated Supermarket Chains in Italy with 3,000 Locations in Lieu of Amazon Go after Intensive Study10.12.2018 14:00 | Tiedote
Tracxpoint, a global provider of next-generation self-checkout grocery solutions, today announced an agreement to roll out its Artificial Intelligence Cart (AiC®) at CONAD DEL TIRRENO, one of the seven cooperatives of CONAD’s chain with more than 3,000 supermarket stores in Italy. This is a major milestone for the Israeli startup in its mission to establish the AiC® platform as the most powerful, accessible and comprehensive solution for self-checkout and personalized in-store engagement on the market today. CONAD DEL TIRRENO will start implementing the AiC® ecosystem during 2019. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181210005176/en/ The Tracxpoint AiC enables checkout-free stores and personalized in-store engagement for Italy's largest supermarket chain, CONAD. (Photo: Business Wire) In direct contrast to capital-intensive and smaller store concepts like Amazon Go or its imitators that rely on ceiling cameras for
Jetex Now the Exclusive Dealer in the Middle East for Hi-Tech New HondaJet10.12.2018 12:52 | Tiedote
Jetex is bringing the next-generation in advanced private jets to the Middle East after striking an agreement with Honda Aircraft Company to become the exclusive authorized dealer for the region. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181210005273/en/ Adel Mardini of Jetex signs with Simon Roads of Honda Aircraft Company (Photo: AETOSWire) The deal means Jetex is now the manufacturer’s sole representative for the new HondaJet offering sales and support across the Gulf and Middle East region. “With Honda’s brand strength and recognition in the Middle East, we have received tremendous interest in the HondaJet Elite. We are proud to appoint Jetex as HondaJet Middle East to provide our customers with a committed sales team in the region for the world’s most advanced very light jet,” said Honda Aircraft President and CEO Michimasa Fujino. “We are proud to be chosen by Honda Aircraft Company and excited to be awarded the r
China Shanghu Builds Itself into an International Health Demonstration Zone10.12.2018 12:16 | Tiedote
On October 25, 2018, the 13th Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties to the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands declared that Changshu was put on the list of the first “International Wetland Cities” in the world, in recognition of its success in the protection of wetland ecology. The award is arguably the most influential on a global scale—supreme and unchallenged. It was against this backdrop that the project of Changshu Shanghu International Health Demonstration Zone was commenced. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181210005254/en/ 2025 Shanghu International Health Demonstration Zone (Photo: Business Wire) Covering an area of about 40 million square meters, Changshu Shanghu, a national wetland park, is slap bang in the middle of the city, including 800-hectare ecological lake, four parks and ten places of interest. In compliance with the strategy for Healthy China 2030, the characteristic “Modern Healt
KOKUYO's "360° Gliding Chair ing" Wins FRAME Awards ORGATEC 2018 in Two Categories10.12.2018 12:00 | Tiedote
KOKUYO Co., Ltd. (TOKYO:7984), a leading provider of office design and furniture in Japan, won FRAME Awards for "360º Gliding Chair ing" in two categories at ORGATEC 2018, “Trade Fair Stand of the Year” and “Best Use of Light,” which is organized by the Dutch interior design magazine "FRAME." This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181210005248/en/ KOKUYO's "360° Gliding Chair ing" Wins FRAME Awards ORGATEC 2018 (Photo: Business Wire) ORGATEC 2018, the largest International Trade Fair for Furnishing and Management of Offices and Office Facilities was held from October 23 to 27 in Cologne, Germany. Internationally renowned creators and critics from Amsterdam, Berlin, and elsewhere in Europe were the judges of FRAME Awards critiquing global furniture manufacturer booths in four categories: Best Use of Colour, Best Use of Light, Best Use of Material, and Trade Fair Stand of the Year. Winners in these categories will be h
SIAE MICROELETTRONICA Outperforms Telefónica 10Gbps E-band Tests to Power 5G Backhauling10.12.2018 11:00 | Tiedote
Telefónica a global leader mobile operator and SIAE MICROELETTRONICA a leader in wireless transport technology have put to the test the high capacity 10Gbps wireless links to enhance the backhauling network for the future advent of 5G. The millimetre-wave point-to-point radio operating at 80GHz E band carrier, offers the lowest transport latency and the highest wireless capacity of 10Gbps over a single channel, satisfying the strict 5G requirements. Telefónica successfully field tested SIAE MICROELETTRONICA millimetre-wave radio solution in two use cases: 10Gbps point-to-point links addressing urban applications and the multicarrier link aggregation addressing the sub-urban applications, pushing high capacity connectivity to longer distances. “SIAE MICROELETTRONICA and Telefónica have cooperated over multiple projects all aiming to satisfy the 5G backhaul requirements. From microwave SDN applications to the introduction of state of the art millimetre-wave radio, once again crossing tog
Fishawack Acquires Creative Consultancy Blue Latitude Health10.12.2018 10:00 | Tiedote
The Fishawack Group of Companies, one of the world’s largest independent medical communications and medical marketing organizations, has acquired Blue Latitude Health, based in London, UK, and New York, USA. Blue Latitude Health is a creative consultancy combining the commercial focus of a consultancy with the creative vision of an agency. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181209005023/en/ Dominic Miller, Fred Bassett, Oliver Dennis (back row from left to right), Martin Brass, Gail Flockhart (front row from left to right). (Photo: Business Wire) “In 2016, we set out our vision to form a major new force in the global creative agency space that would make us as strong in the creative arena as we already are in medical communications,” explained Oliver Dennis , Chief Executive Officer of the Fishawack Group. “With three acquisitions in this space in the last 16 months, I think we’ve firmly announced our intention t
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme