GSMA Innovation City Offers View into Future of Mobile at Mobile World Congress 2018
The GSMA Innovation City will be at Mobile World Congress 2018 once more, offering visitors with an opportunity to discover how mobile products and services are helping to create a better future for citizens and businesses around the world. The interactive exhibition space, which welcomed over 30,000 visitors last year and is one of the key attractions at Mobile World Congress, covers the latest innovations in mobile from artificial intelligence (AI) to 5G through a range of hands-on, experiential demonstrations that illustrate how mobile impacts virtually every aspect of our lives in sectors such as transport, health, agriculture, industry, home and retail.
“From chatbots to 5G, the GSMA Innovation City includes the very latest developments and innovations in this fast-moving industry and frames them in a consumer context via immersive, interactive demonstrations,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “One of the most popular destinations at Mobile World Congress, the City is a one-stop shop for the latest developments in our industry and we encourage all attendees to visit this year’s showcase.”
At the heart of the event and next to the Conference Village in Hall 4 in Fira Gran Via, the City is supported by leading brands including Cisco IoT, Huawei Wireless X Labs, KT Corporation, Sierra Wireless and Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures as well the GSMA’s key programmes and initiatives including Future Networks, Identity, Internet of Things, and Mobile for Development. The City will also include examples of the GSMA’s work supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The Innovation City will showcase an array of interactive product and service demonstrations including:
Cisco IoT will enable visitors to experience firsthand how businesses globally are using the Cisco IoT Data Control platform to maximise the value of their IoT data. Visitors will get to see how Cisco IoT solutions can enable them to connect, extract, compute and move their IoT data to deliver the best business outcomes. Attendees will:
- See how Departments of Transportation are using the Cisco Kinetic IoT data platform to connect their roadways and act upon data in real time at the edge in order to save lives
- Learn how businesses across the globe are utilizing Cisco’s IoT device connectivity management platform – Cisco Jasper Control Center – to monitor and automatically reduce water waste to help combat drought conditions
- Experience how NB-IoT connectivity management is enabling smart lighting solutions that help keep citizens safer while making smart cities more efficient
- Get live, on-demand demos of the entire Cisco IoT solution set, and learn how Cisco enables the IoT ecosystem globally
- Experience how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures takes the communication and entertainment experience to the next level by offering a wide array of services like BiP, fizy, Tv+, lifebox designed exclusively for today’s digital lifestyle
- See how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures is using LPWA NB-IoT networks to support smart agriculture
- Learn how Turkcell/Lifecell Ventures uses their big data analytics tools to respond instantly to humanitarian crises with smart city simulations
HUAWEI WIRELESS X LABS
Huawei will demonstrate its innovative mobile applications jointly developed by its Wireless X Labs and vertical partners with highlights including:
- Moon Landing Cloud Virtual Reality: Enter the ‘Lunar Lander’ and experience a moon landing via a wireless Virtual Reality headset
- Flying Car Connected Drone: See the future of transport with a flying connected drone
- Wireless Factory: Participate in a real manufacturing scenario constructed by Huawei and Denso
KT Corporation, one of Korea’s leading telecommunication service providers, will showcase its 5G network service for the first time ever. They will also demonstrate their first commercial 5G technologies and allow guests to experience futuristic 5G-based experiences including virtual reality, mixed reality and the connected car.
Sierra Wireless is empowering customers to reimagine their future in a connected world. Their demonstrations in the Innovation City will allow visitors to experience examples of how the IoT is creating a better future in all facets of life, including:
- Worker safety with an LPWA-connected work boot,
- Agriculture with a smart solution to optimize yields and better serve growing population needs over the long term,
- Security and energy efficiency with a solar-powered drone designed for long-endurance flights and monitoring remote locations, and
- A connected washing machine showing how connectivity helps laundry service providers transform their customer experience.
GSMA INDUSTRY PROGRAMMES
The GSMA will also include a number of exhibits and experiences highlighting its key industry programmes, allowing attendees to:
- Experience how licensed Low Power Wide Area networks (LTE-M & NB-IoT) are transforming everyday life across cities, businesses, communities and citizens around the world
- Learn how Mobile Connect is supporting cross-border identify verification compatible with the European Union e-Identification and Trust Services (eIDAS) regulation
- Test out your boxing skills on the IoT Punch Bag, which measures the power of your shots and transmits the data in real-time via a live Mobile IoT network
- See how the SmartThings Tracker tracks everyday objects from cars and laptop bags to pets in real-time on Mobile IoT Networks
- Visit the GSMA Mobile for Development programme’s Humanitarian Innovation Showcase to see cutting-edge hardware demonstrations alongside 360-degree interactive content and learn how mobile services are impacting lives in humanitarian contexts
- See how cities are using the IoT to measure air quality using new sensors and big data analytics to improve the health prospects and quality of life for citizens
- Experience how 5G networks will transform critical communications for the emergency services
- See how operators, aggregators and brands are using RCS A2P messaging services to engage directly with customers using chatbots and AI – with real-life demos from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Score a goal at the Innovation City football pitch and experience the power of 5G latency through remote robotic technologies that mimic your movements and hit targets to have a chance of winning a top prize
- See how FC Barcelona is using IoT big data and Mobile IoT technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of their stadium for fans and visitors
- See how 5G is enabling remote experiences and engage in an intergalactic virtual reality battle showcasing cloud gaming services
- See how Mobile Connect is supporting paramedics with secure access to patient medical records in emergency situations
- Learn how mobile is impacting all 17 of the SDGs and connecting everyone and everything to a better future. Experience the #CaseForChange journey in immersive 360 video and discover how big data is being used for social good.
Visit the Innovation City in Hall 4, Fira Gran Via
The GSMA Innovation City is located in Hall 4, Stand 4A30, 4A5 and 4A15 in Fira Gran Via and will be open during Mobile World Congress exhibition hours from Monday, 26 February to 1 March from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. GSMA Members are invited to visit the exclusive Members Lounge for networking and cocktails daily from 4:00 pm. The GSMA Innovation City is open to all attendees with all pass types.
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress 2018
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2018, including how to attend, exhibit or sponsor, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress on Twitter @GSMA using #MWC18, on our LinkedIn Mobile World Congress page www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-world-congress or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mobileworldcongress/.
The Mobile World Congress is the cornerstone of the Mobile World Capital, which will be hosted in Barcelona through 2023. The Mobile World Capital encompasses programmes and activities that span the entire year and will benefit not only the citizens of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, but also the worldwide mobile industry. For more information on the Mobile World Capital, visit www.mobileworldcapital.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For the GSMA
+44 79 7662 4962
Pau Guerrero / Gloria Almirall
+34 93 236 09 00
GSMA Press Office
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
WELL Building Standard Gaining Momentum in Europe18.5.2018 17:47 | Tiedote
As Greenbuild Europe came to a close in Berlin, the International WELL Building Institute™ (IWBI™) used the occasion to highlight how the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL™) has elevated health and well-being to the forefront of sustainability conversations across Europe. WELL continues to advance the healthy building movement as the premier standard for buildings, interior spaces and communities seeking to implement, validate and measure features that promote human health and wellness. The resonance of the program has spurred innovations across the building, design and construction industries, providing projects with customizable approaches to address geographical and cultural health concerns. To date, WELL has enrolled more than 830 projects encompassing over 155 million square feet of real estate in 32 countries worldwide. In Europe nearly 190 projects across 13 countries are engaged with WELL, representing 25% of global WELL project square footage. The strong growth of WELL over the pa
Utimaco Announces Intent to Acquire Atalla from Micro Focus18.5.2018 12:03 | Tiedote
Utimaco, the global #2 in Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), today announced the intent to acquire the Atalla HSM and ESKM business lines from Micro Focus, which were previously owned by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) prior to the September 2017 merger of its Software business with Micro Focus. Germany-based Utimaco, active in the HSM market for over 35 years, is a global manufacturer of general purpose HSMs. Utimaco has built its market leading position focusing on indirect sales through OEM or channel business partners and selling its SecurityServer product line into industries as diverse as automotive, government, media & entertainment, smart metering, semiconductors, telecommunications and the banking and financial services sectors. Utimaco is traditionally strong in its German home market based on its longstanding German banking association certification (DK) and has recently achieved PCI accreditation for the SecurityServer product line. With the acquisition of Atalla, one of th
Janssen to Present New Data in Urothelial, Haematologic and Prostate Cancers at ASCO 2018, including Best of ASCO Selections18.5.2018 10:00 | Tiedote
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, today announced 21 company-sponsored abstracts will be presented at the 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL on June 1-5. New data analyses in support of a portfolio of products, including the investigational treatments erdafitinib and apalutamide, as well as approved treatments Imbruvica® (ibrutinib), Darzalex® (daratumumab), and Zytiga® (abiraterone acetate) will be highlighted across urothelial, haematologic and prostate cancers. Notably, Phase 2 trial results for the investigational compound erdafitinib, which received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Breakthrough Therapy Designation, will be presented during an oral presentation on Sunday, June 3 (Abstract #4503).1,2 For haematologic cancers, Phase 3 data from the iNNOVATE study will provide the first look at ibrutinib plus rituximab versus placebo plus rituximab in patients with newly diagnosed and relapsed/refractory Wald
Karisma Hotels & Resorts to Open Allure Palazzi Kotor Bay Hotel by Karisma in June 201818.5.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
Karisma Hotels & Resorts, an award-winning luxury hotel collection which owns and manages properties in Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe, is pleased to announce the opening of Allure Palazzi Kotor Bay Hotel by Karisma in June 2018. Built from the ground up in Montenegro’s idyllic Dobrota, the exclusive five-star beachfront property seamlessly blends stunning architecture and design with its mountainous landscape, offering spellbinding views of Kotor Bay. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180517006456/en/ Rendering of Allure Palazzi Kotor Bay (Photo: Business Wire) Sitting on Kotor Bay’s only private beach, the resort features 89 premium guestrooms, 10 villas with private beachfront access, and three breathtaking penthouse suites, each with a balcony or terrace. Allure Palazzi Kotor Bay’s accommodations encompass sumptuous bedding, divine amenities, and carefully selected color palettes bringing the sunny
Siemens Financial Services Selects GTC’s @GlobalTrade Platform for Management of Export Documentary Credits18.5.2018 07:00 | Tiedote
GlobalTrade Corporation (GTC) has announced today that Siemens Financial Services (SFS) has selected its @GlobalTrade Multi-bank Trade Finance Platform for management of its export documentary credits. The platform will be initially rolled out in Germany and thereafter expanded to Siemens entities globally. The system will electronically aggregate all incoming documentary credits in a global database, facilitate review and approval, assist in preparation of compliant documents and enable faster presentation of documents electronically to advising and issuing banks. Gerhard Heubeck, Head of Trade Finance Advisory at Siemens Financial Services, reasons the need for the new system implementation as follows: "After many years of using one of the first standard IT systems available for export documentary credits, the time has come to find a successor tool capable to meet the new requirements such as multi-client capability, processing of new SWIFT message formats, global accessibility, and
PayPal Significantly Expands Global Omnichannel Platform With Acquisition of iZettle18.5.2018 01:35 | Tiedote
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) announced today that it has agreed to acquire iZettle, the leading small business commerce platform in Europe and Latin America, for $2.2 billion USD. The acquisition of iZettle significantly expands PayPal’s in-store presence, strengthening PayPal’s platform to help millions of small businesses around the world grow and thrive in an omnichannel retail environment. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180517006443/en/ Left to right: Jacob de Geer, CEO and Co-Founder of iZettle, Dan Schulman, President and CEO of PayPal, and Bill Ready, EVP, Chief Operating Officer of PayPal. (Photo: Business Wire) “Small businesses are the engine of the global economy and we are continuing to expand our platform to help them compete and win online, in-store and via mobile,” said PayPal President and CEO Dan Schulman. “iZettle and PayPal are a strategic fit, with a shared mission, values and cult
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme