GSMA Innovation City Returns to Mobile World Congress Shanghai
19.6.2017 10:00 | Business Wire
The GSMA Innovation City will return to Mobile World Congress Shanghai for the fifth year, the GSMA announced today. The popular exhibition space invites visitors to experience how mobile-connected products and services are improving the lives of citizens, enterprises and governments in Asia, as well as around the world. This year’s showcase explores a range of immersive, cutting-edge demonstrations from leading brands as well as start-ups, covering different sectors such as retail, transport, automotive and more.
“The City is always one of the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and we are focused on ensuring that it reflects the latest developments in mobile technology,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We have a really diverse line-up of partners and a huge number of interactive demos and exhibits that will appeal to all different backgrounds and interest levels. We look to welcoming visitors to the Innovation City in Shanghai in just a few days, and then at Mobile World Congress Americas in San Francisco later in the year.”
The GSMA Innovation City, which is a key attraction at Mobile World Congress, will include interactive demonstrations from partners including BICS, Cubic Telecom, HID Global, Huawei, Guiyang City Government, KT Corporation, myFC, Paypal, Qvantel and SI-TECH, as well as from the GSMA’s key industry programmes: Internet of Things, Future Networks and Identity. The GSMA will also showcase the mobile industry’s leadership role in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The City includes a number of dedicated areas covering automotive and sports to test and try out new products, as well as a café and the GSMA Members Pavilion, showcasing how the GSMA supports its members in driving innovation.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
- BICS, a global voice carrier and mobile data services provider will showcase its global solutions across messaging, fraud prevention and the Internet of Things.
- Cubic Telecom is driving the world forward with global connectivity solutions for leading automotive, PC and mobile brands. The company will be showcasing its eSIM technology, making LTE connectivity enablement even more efficient for global IoT device makers. Cubic Telecom provides top-of-the-line subscription management solutions that are compliant with the latest M2M specifications and guidelines for remote SIM provisioning.
- HID Global will showcase its latest mobile access technology, including its two-factor authentication solution that uses push notifications to allow financial and banking customers to authenticate access and transactions on their mobile device.
- Huawei will bring a new concept to the Innovation City called ‘Cloud City’, which will give visitors an opportunity to experience a number of industrial based demos across different services and applictions.
GUIYANG CITY GOVERNMENT
- Guiyang City Government will provide details on its China International Big Data Industry Expo, which is the world’s first big-data themed expo.
- Sweden’s MyFC is a world-leading authority on micro fuel cell technology and develops portable, eco-friendly fuel cell chargers for mobile devices. They will demonstrate their latest portable fuel cell charger, the JAQ Hybrid.
- Visit PayPal, the leading global digital payment platform to find out how they connect local merchants and consumers with the global marketplace and empower them to sell and buy without boundaries.
- Qvantel will demonstrate how it is helping Communications Service Providers make a digital transformation with cloud-based BSS solutions.
- KT (Korea Telecom), a leading global communications company, will showcase its range of technologies that will lead in the development of 5G and the IoT.
- KT will present its innovations in 5G and 5G related services as well as showcase its work with the start-up community.
- As the official telecommunications sponsor of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, KT will also present winter sports-related advanced 5G technologies and services.
- Si-TECH will showcase its reliable cloud and big data services.
GSMA Programme Showcase
The GSMA and its partners will demonstrate solutions highlighting the impact of mobile technology through a number of engaging exhibits including:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – Find out how mobile is connecting everyone and everything to a better future and explore the ‘SDGs in Action’ app.
- Connected Seal – Meet Xiu Xiu the seal and learn how Mobile IoT technology is helping to monitor seals in their natural environment.
- Virtual Reality-Controlled Submarine – Experience the power of 5G via a virtual reality-controlled submarine.
- Burger Restaurant – Experience how RCS messaging enhances the experience of ordering and collecting fast food.
- Virtual Reality Winter Sports Simulator – Head to KT’s stand to try out a virtual reality skiing experience.
- Future Networks – Experience the future of operator networks with demos and experiences highlighting RCS and Messaging as a Platform and the potential of 5G.
- IoT – See how consumers and businesses can enjoy rich new services, connected by intelligent and secure mobile networks.
- Sports Zone – Get hands-on with some of the most innovative wearables and sports related products available today.
- Connected Cars – Experience the future of the connected car, including a McClaren 570S Sports Car experience.
- Identity – Experience how the GSMA’s Mobile Connect is fast becoming the identity solution of choice for a generation demanding security, privacy and convenience.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will be hosted alongside the main conference programme in Hall W3 Hall W3 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. It will be open during Mobile World Congress Shanghai exhibition hours from Wednesday, 28 June through Friday, 30 June. For more information, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/exhibition/gsma-innovation-city/.
Register and Get Involved at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017
Registration to attend Mobile World Congress Shanghai is now open; for information on registration and pass types, please visit www.mwcshanghai.com/register-plan/register/.
For more information on the 2017 Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including how to attend, exhibit, partner or sponsor, visit www.mwcshanghai.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress Shanghai through our social media channels – follow us on Twitter at @GSMA and use #MWCS17 or #GSMAInnovationcity, get regular updates through our LinkedIn Showcase Page at www.linkedin.com/company/mobile-world-congress-shanghai, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mwcshanghai. In China, you can follow us on Sina Weibo weibo.com/mwcshanghai or search “GSMA_MWCS” in WeChat. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/about/contact/social-media.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Announcement from SII Semiconductor Corporation: Change of Company Name24.8.2017 09:00 | Tiedote
SII Semiconductor Corporation (President: Nobumasa Ishiai, Head Office: Chiba-shi, Chiba; hereinafter “SII Semiconductor”), a subsidiary of Seiko Instruments Inc. (President: Hitoshi Murakami, Head Office: Chiba-shi, Chiba; hereinafter “SII”), that manufactures and sells semiconductors today announced that the company will change its company name to ABLIC Inc. in January 5, 2018. SII Semiconductor was established in September 2015. Through a joint investment by Development Bank of Japan Inc. (President & CEO: Masanori Yanagi, Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; hereinafter “DBJ”) in January 2016, SII Semiconductor has deployed and expanded its business by succeeding the SII’s semiconductor business. Currently the equity of SII Semiconductor is split to 60% for SII and 40% for DBJ, but SII will transfer its 30% of the equity to DBJ and DBJ will acquire 70% after January 2018. Taking adv
Ford Names New Chairman and CEO for Ford China; New Vice President of Powertrain Engineering24.8.2017 01:00 | Tiedote
Ford Motor Company today announced a new chairman and CEO of Ford China and head of Powertrain Engineering as it continues to strengthen its global leadership team. Jason Luo is named chairman and CEO Ford China. In his new role, Luo will lead all of the company’s operations in Greater China including its import business, Lincoln, its passenger car joint venture Changan Ford, commercial vehicle investment in Jiangling Motors Corporation, and our operations in Taiwan. Luo, 51, joins Ford from Key Safety Systems, the fastest growing company in the automotive safety market, where he was global president and CEO for the past 10 years. While at Key Safety Systems, he led the business transformation and global expansion of the company and achieved significant revenue growth in China. Luo will be based in Shanghai, reporting to Peter Fleet, Ford group vice preside
Tech21 Announces New Collection Designed to Protect the Samsung Galaxy Note8 Drop After Drop.23.8.2017 20:30 | Tiedote
Tech21, the leader in impact protection for mobile devices, today announced a new collection of innovative cases and screen shields for the Samsung Galaxy Note8 made of unique, patented impact protection materials that guarantee the most effective drop protection on the market. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170823005888/en/ Evo Tactical for Samsung Galaxy Note8 (Photo: Business Wire) Tech21 products are designed to protect, drop after drop. The company does this by using scientifically proven impact materials, innovative design and a rigorous testing methodology developed in partnership with the National Physical Laboratory. Tech21 cases are drop tested 20 times to ensure durability and long lasting protection able to withstand the multiple drops that occur in the everyday
2018 AQR Insight Award Call for Papers23.8.2017 18:45 | Tiedote
AQR Capital Management, LLC (“AQR”) today began accepting submissions for the seventh annual AQR Insight Award. The AQR Insight Award recognizes and rewards exceptional academic papers that have practical applications and offer original, intelligent approaches to issues in the investment world. Up to three papers share a $100,000 annual prize. Winners are chosen by the AQR Insight Award Committee, a panel of senior members of the firm, many of whom are leading academic finance experts from top universities. AQR will accept papers on any investment-related topic as long as they deliver clear, significant insights. Papers must not be published before October 1, 2017. The deadline for entries is November 1, 2017. The Committee will then narrow the finalists to five papers, and the authors of those papers will be invited to present their research to
ANA Announces New Online Content "IS JAPAN COOL? DOU"23.8.2017 18:00 | Tiedote
Today, All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (ANA), Japan’s largest and only 5-Star airline, is proud to announce the launch of its new online content “IS JAPAN COOL? DOU,” which illustrates traditional Japanese culture through the use of cutting-edge technology. This content can be seen on “IS JAPAN COOL?,” a website that promotes tourist destinations and popular Japanese cultures to the world. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170823005024/en/ "IS JAPAN COOL? DOU" TOP (Graphic: Business Wire) While Japan is widely known for its unique pop culture, “IS JAPAN COOL?,” which launched in 2012, has put much of its focus on promoting Japan’s modern culture. As the number of tourists visiting Japan exceeded 24 million people as of 2016, the project aims to provide a deeper understa
Emailage Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment to Accelerate Global Expansion23.8.2017 17:00 | Tiedote
Emailage, the leading provider of global fraud prevention and identity verification using email address scoring, today announced that it has received a $10 million growth equity investment. Anthos Capital led the investment, with participation from Radian Capital, Wipro Ventures, Mucker Capital and Tallwave Capital. Emailage will use the funding to expand existing partnerships, further advance its powerful email address-based predictive scoring system, and accelerate growth in North America, EMEA, LATAM and other key markets. “This investment will allow us to continue our rapid growth, enhance our leadership position in the online fraud detection market and deliver significant fraud prevention capabilities to businesses around the world,” said Emailage CEO Rei Carvalho. Emailage’s Software-as-a-Service solution delivers powerful, real-time risk intelligence by leveraging the
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme