GSMA Innovation City Returns to Mobile World Congress Shanghai
The GSMA Innovation City will return to Mobile World Congress Shanghai for the fifth year, the GSMA announced today. The popular exhibition space invites visitors to experience how mobile-connected products and services are improving the lives of citizens, enterprises and governments in Asia, as well as around the world. This year’s showcase explores a range of immersive, cutting-edge demonstrations from leading brands as well as start-ups, covering different sectors such as retail, transport, automotive and more.
“The City is always one of the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and we are focused on ensuring that it reflects the latest developments in mobile technology,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We have a really diverse line-up of partners and a huge number of interactive demos and exhibits that will appeal to all different backgrounds and interest levels. We look to welcoming visitors to the Innovation City in Shanghai in just a few days, and then at Mobile World Congress Americas in San Francisco later in the year.”
The GSMA Innovation City, which is a key attraction at Mobile World Congress, will include interactive demonstrations from partners including BICS, Cubic Telecom, HID Global, Huawei, Guiyang City Government, KT Corporation, myFC, Paypal, Qvantel and SI-TECH, as well as from the GSMA’s key industry programmes: Internet of Things, Future Networks and Identity. The GSMA will also showcase the mobile industry’s leadership role in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The City includes a number of dedicated areas covering automotive and sports to test and try out new products, as well as a café and the GSMA Members Pavilion, showcasing how the GSMA supports its members in driving innovation.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
- BICS, a global voice carrier and mobile data services provider will showcase its global solutions across messaging, fraud prevention and the Internet of Things.
- Cubic Telecom is driving the world forward with global connectivity solutions for leading automotive, PC and mobile brands. The company will be showcasing its eSIM technology, making LTE connectivity enablement even more efficient for global IoT device makers. Cubic Telecom provides top-of-the-line subscription management solutions that are compliant with the latest M2M specifications and guidelines for remote SIM provisioning.
- HID Global will showcase its latest mobile access technology, including its two-factor authentication solution that uses push notifications to allow financial and banking customers to authenticate access and transactions on their mobile device.
- Huawei will bring a new concept to the Innovation City called ‘Cloud City’, which will give visitors an opportunity to experience a number of industrial based demos across different services and applictions.
GUIYANG CITY GOVERNMENT
- Guiyang City Government will provide details on its China International Big Data Industry Expo, which is the world’s first big-data themed expo.
- Sweden’s MyFC is a world-leading authority on micro fuel cell technology and develops portable, eco-friendly fuel cell chargers for mobile devices. They will demonstrate their latest portable fuel cell charger, the JAQ Hybrid.
- Visit PayPal, the leading global digital payment platform to find out how they connect local merchants and consumers with the global marketplace and empower them to sell and buy without boundaries.
- Qvantel will demonstrate how it is helping Communications Service Providers make a digital transformation with cloud-based BSS solutions.
- KT (Korea Telecom), a leading global communications company, will showcase its range of technologies that will lead in the development of 5G and the IoT.
- KT will present its innovations in 5G and 5G related services as well as showcase its work with the start-up community.
- As the official telecommunications sponsor of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, KT will also present winter sports-related advanced 5G technologies and services.
- Si-TECH will showcase its reliable cloud and big data services.
GSMA Programme Showcase
The GSMA and its partners will demonstrate solutions highlighting the impact of mobile technology through a number of engaging exhibits including:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – Find out how mobile is connecting everyone and everything to a better future and explore the ‘SDGs in Action’ app.
- Connected Seal – Meet Xiu Xiu the seal and learn how Mobile IoT technology is helping to monitor seals in their natural environment.
- Virtual Reality-Controlled Submarine – Experience the power of 5G via a virtual reality-controlled submarine.
- Burger Restaurant – Experience how RCS messaging enhances the experience of ordering and collecting fast food.
- Virtual Reality Winter Sports Simulator – Head to KT’s stand to try out a virtual reality skiing experience.
- Future Networks – Experience the future of operator networks with demos and experiences highlighting RCS and Messaging as a Platform and the potential of 5G.
- IoT – See how consumers and businesses can enjoy rich new services, connected by intelligent and secure mobile networks.
- Sports Zone – Get hands-on with some of the most innovative wearables and sports related products available today.
- Connected Cars – Experience the future of the connected car, including a McClaren 570S Sports Car experience.
- Identity – Experience how the GSMA’s Mobile Connect is fast becoming the identity solution of choice for a generation demanding security, privacy and convenience.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will be hosted alongside the main conference programme in Hall W3 Hall W3 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. It will be open during Mobile World Congress Shanghai exhibition hours from Wednesday, 28 June through Friday, 30 June. For more information, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/exhibition/gsma-innovation-city/.
Register and Get Involved at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017
Registration to attend Mobile World Congress Shanghai is now open; for information on registration and pass types, please visit www.mwcshanghai.com/register-plan/register/.
For more information on the 2017 Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including how to attend, exhibit, partner or sponsor, visit www.mwcshanghai.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress Shanghai through our social media channels – follow us on Twitter at @GSMA and use #MWCS17 or #GSMAInnovationcity, get regular updates through our LinkedIn Showcase Page at www.linkedin.com/company/mobile-world-congress-shanghai, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mwcshanghai. In China, you can follow us on Sina Weibo weibo.com/mwcshanghai or search “GSMA_MWCS” in WeChat. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/about/contact/social-media.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
P&G Advances Systemic Change for Gender Equality in Advertising at 2018 Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity18.6.2018 15:25 | Tiedote
The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG) today advanced its commitment to gender equality through a series of new actions, commitments and partnerships to increase diversity throughout the creative supply chain, leading to more accurate and positive portrayals of women in advertising and media, and driving growth and social good. Women and girls are inaccurately or negatively portrayed in 29 percent of ads and media programs*, and women continue to be underrepresented behind the camera: only 32 percent of Chief Marketing Officers, 33 percent of Chief Creative Officers and a mere 10 percent of Commercial Directors are women. These issues persist despite evidence that gender-equal ads perform 10 percent higher in trust and 26 percent higher in sales growth*. To address these issues, P&G has called for an aspiration to achieve 100% accurate and positive portrayals of women in advertising and media, supported by equal representation of women and men in the creative supply chain. P&G is lead
Norsk Titanium Marks Milestone in U.S. Production18.6.2018 15:00 | Tiedote
Norsk Titanium (NTi), the world’s first FAA-approved supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components, announced today a major milestone in qualified production. NTi’s Plattsburgh, New York Development and Qualification Center (PDQC) site was officially added to Boeing’s Qualified Producers List (QPL) on May 1 and initiated qualified production on May 15 by manufacturing its first part under the Boeing contract. This milestone is a culmination of recent company successes including certification under AS9100D and the October 2017 dedication of PDQC by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. “We could not be prouder of our Plattsburgh, New York production operations as they put another stake in the ground for the continued success of Norsk Titanium and the state of New York,” said NTi’s Chief Operating Officer Tamara Morytko. “Receiving this qualification from Boeing, now qualifying two NTi sites for production across the globe, is a true vote of confidence in o
Avedro Announces Enrollment of First Patient in U.S. Pivotal Phase 3 Epi-on Corneal Cross-Linking Trial for Progressive Keratoconus18.6.2018 15:00 | Tiedote
Avedro, Inc., an ophthalmic pharmaceutical and medical device company and the world leader in corneal remodeling, today announced that it has begun enrolling patients in a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of an epithelium-on (epi-on) corneal collagen cross-linking procedure to treat patients with progressive keratoconus. Keratoconus is a non-inflammatory eye condition in which the typically round dome-shaped cornea progressively thins and weakens and is the leading cause of penetrating keratoplasty (corneal transplant) in the United States1. The Phase 3 clinical trial, ACP-KXL-308, is a multicenter, randomized, controlled study of a novel corneal cross-linking procedure of 275 patients with progressive keratoconus across approximately 20 sites in the United States. As is typical for U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) drug trials, investigational treatments are provided at no cost to participating patients. “As a practitioner who has treated many p
LG Chem Hosts Global Innovation Contest 2018 (GIC 2018)"Finding Innovations to Change the World"18.6.2018 14:00 | Tiedote
LG Chem (KRX: 051910) is exploring innovative technologies that will change the world. LG Chem announced that it would hold a Global Innovation Contest (GIC) for leading universities and research institutions around the world. This is the first time that a Korean chemical company is conducting technology contests for the entire world. From June 18th to September 30th, 2018, LG Chem will accept innovative technology ideas in five promising business areas: Energy, Environment, Functional materials, Bio technology and Platform technology. Global scholars and researchers who are interested in developing the next generation’s innovative technology and industry-academia collaboration research are welcomed to participate and submit the technical proposal through the official website (www.rnd.lgchem.com/global/gic). LG Chem will select internal experts and selection committees to evaluate the proposals considering technology innovation, marketability, and price competitiveness. Selected assign
Vertex Announces Long-Term Access Agreement in Sweden for Cystic Fibrosis Medicine ORKAMBI® (lumacaftor/ivacaftor)18.6.2018 14:00 | Tiedote
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) today announced that ORKAMBI® (lumacaftor/ivacaftor), the first medicine to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF) in people with two copies of the F508del mutation, ages six and older, will be reimbursed in Sweden after concluding the three-party negotiations with TLV and the county councils. Reimbursement is effective from July 1. The innovative, long-term access agreement also provides a framework for the assessment and access of our future CF medicines. “We are delighted that people with CF in Sweden will join the thousands of others around the world who are already benefitting from our CF medicines,” said Simon Bedson, International General Manager at Vertex. “We commend the Swedish authorities for partnering with us on an innovative, long-term access agreement. In countries where Vertex remains actively involved in reimbursement discussions, we encourage these health authorities and governments to match the commitment
Octapharma announces approval of new Nuwiq® product strengths in Europe, increasing dosing flexibility for patients with haemophilia A18.6.2018 10:06 | Tiedote
Octapharma announced today that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved an extension of marketing authorisation for its human cell line-derived recombinant factor VIII (rFVIII) product, Nuwiq®. New single dose vial strengths of 2500, 3000 and 4000 International Units (IU) will be available in Europe, in addition to the current strengths of 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 IU. The new Nuwiq® vial strengths have been available in the US since September last year, following approval by the FDA. Nuwiq® is indicated in adults and children of all ages for on-demand treatment and prophylaxis, including during surgery, to prevent and control bleeding episodes in patients with haemophilia A. This expanded array of vial strengths has the potential to increase treatment options for patients with haemophilia A by improving dosing flexibility. Patients who previously required more than one vial per infusion may be able to reduce the number of vials needed. Nuwiq® is the only rFVIII available in an
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme