GSMA Innovation City Returns to Mobile World Congress Shanghai
The GSMA Innovation City will return to Mobile World Congress Shanghai for the fifth year, the GSMA announced today. The popular exhibition space invites visitors to experience how mobile-connected products and services are improving the lives of citizens, enterprises and governments in Asia, as well as around the world. This year’s showcase explores a range of immersive, cutting-edge demonstrations from leading brands as well as start-ups, covering different sectors such as retail, transport, automotive and more.
“The City is always one of the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and we are focused on ensuring that it reflects the latest developments in mobile technology,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We have a really diverse line-up of partners and a huge number of interactive demos and exhibits that will appeal to all different backgrounds and interest levels. We look to welcoming visitors to the Innovation City in Shanghai in just a few days, and then at Mobile World Congress Americas in San Francisco later in the year.”
The GSMA Innovation City, which is a key attraction at Mobile World Congress, will include interactive demonstrations from partners including BICS, Cubic Telecom, HID Global, Huawei, Guiyang City Government, KT Corporation, myFC, Paypal, Qvantel and SI-TECH, as well as from the GSMA’s key industry programmes: Internet of Things, Future Networks and Identity. The GSMA will also showcase the mobile industry’s leadership role in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The City includes a number of dedicated areas covering automotive and sports to test and try out new products, as well as a café and the GSMA Members Pavilion, showcasing how the GSMA supports its members in driving innovation.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
- BICS, a global voice carrier and mobile data services provider will showcase its global solutions across messaging, fraud prevention and the Internet of Things.
- Cubic Telecom is driving the world forward with global connectivity solutions for leading automotive, PC and mobile brands. The company will be showcasing its eSIM technology, making LTE connectivity enablement even more efficient for global IoT device makers. Cubic Telecom provides top-of-the-line subscription management solutions that are compliant with the latest M2M specifications and guidelines for remote SIM provisioning.
- HID Global will showcase its latest mobile access technology, including its two-factor authentication solution that uses push notifications to allow financial and banking customers to authenticate access and transactions on their mobile device.
- Huawei will bring a new concept to the Innovation City called ‘Cloud City’, which will give visitors an opportunity to experience a number of industrial based demos across different services and applictions.
GUIYANG CITY GOVERNMENT
- Guiyang City Government will provide details on its China International Big Data Industry Expo, which is the world’s first big-data themed expo.
- Sweden’s MyFC is a world-leading authority on micro fuel cell technology and develops portable, eco-friendly fuel cell chargers for mobile devices. They will demonstrate their latest portable fuel cell charger, the JAQ Hybrid.
- Visit PayPal, the leading global digital payment platform to find out how they connect local merchants and consumers with the global marketplace and empower them to sell and buy without boundaries.
- Qvantel will demonstrate how it is helping Communications Service Providers make a digital transformation with cloud-based BSS solutions.
- KT (Korea Telecom), a leading global communications company, will showcase its range of technologies that will lead in the development of 5G and the IoT.
- KT will present its innovations in 5G and 5G related services as well as showcase its work with the start-up community.
- As the official telecommunications sponsor of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, KT will also present winter sports-related advanced 5G technologies and services.
- Si-TECH will showcase its reliable cloud and big data services.
GSMA Programme Showcase
The GSMA and its partners will demonstrate solutions highlighting the impact of mobile technology through a number of engaging exhibits including:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – Find out how mobile is connecting everyone and everything to a better future and explore the ‘SDGs in Action’ app.
- Connected Seal – Meet Xiu Xiu the seal and learn how Mobile IoT technology is helping to monitor seals in their natural environment.
- Virtual Reality-Controlled Submarine – Experience the power of 5G via a virtual reality-controlled submarine.
- Burger Restaurant – Experience how RCS messaging enhances the experience of ordering and collecting fast food.
- Virtual Reality Winter Sports Simulator – Head to KT’s stand to try out a virtual reality skiing experience.
- Future Networks – Experience the future of operator networks with demos and experiences highlighting RCS and Messaging as a Platform and the potential of 5G.
- IoT – See how consumers and businesses can enjoy rich new services, connected by intelligent and secure mobile networks.
- Sports Zone – Get hands-on with some of the most innovative wearables and sports related products available today.
- Connected Cars – Experience the future of the connected car, including a McClaren 570S Sports Car experience.
- Identity – Experience how the GSMA’s Mobile Connect is fast becoming the identity solution of choice for a generation demanding security, privacy and convenience.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will be hosted alongside the main conference programme in Hall W3 Hall W3 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. It will be open during Mobile World Congress Shanghai exhibition hours from Wednesday, 28 June through Friday, 30 June. For more information, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/exhibition/gsma-innovation-city/.
Register and Get Involved at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017
Registration to attend Mobile World Congress Shanghai is now open; for information on registration and pass types, please visit www.mwcshanghai.com/register-plan/register/.
For more information on the 2017 Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including how to attend, exhibit, partner or sponsor, visit www.mwcshanghai.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress Shanghai through our social media channels – follow us on Twitter at @GSMA and use #MWCS17 or #GSMAInnovationcity, get regular updates through our LinkedIn Showcase Page at www.linkedin.com/company/mobile-world-congress-shanghai, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mwcshanghai. In China, you can follow us on Sina Weibo weibo.com/mwcshanghai or search “GSMA_MWCS” in WeChat. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/about/contact/social-media.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Tempo Grows Revenue by 38% in 2017 to $17.9 Million19.2.2018 14:14 | Tiedote
Tempo, creator of efficiency-enhancing project management software solutions for Atlassian’s Jira platform, announced strong results for its 2017 fiscal year ending December 31, 2017. “2017 marks another productive and successful year for Tempo, with December our highest grossing month ever and sales across our product range exceeding expectations,” commented Agust Einarsson, CEO, “The completion of our new cloud infrastructure and successful migration of our entire customer base to Amazon Web Services (AWS) marks a strategic milestone, empowering Tempo with a more scalable underlying platform and enabling us to deploy products to customers faster.” Highlights for 2017 include: Revenue grew 38% year-over-year to US$17.9 million Almost 2,000 new customers were acquired Launched our new cloud infrastructure Expanded product footprint beyond the Atlassian environment with Tempo for Slack North American operations continued to grow More than 120 partners worldwide Celebrated our 10-year an
Morrow Sodali Announces Appointment of David Shammai as Corporate Governance Director - Cross Border19.2.2018 13:05 | Tiedote
Morrow Sodali today announced that David Shammai has joined the firm as Corporate Governance Director - Cross Border. David joins from APG Asset Management, the Dutch pension fund manager, where in his role as senior corporate governance specialist he was involved in voting, policy, and engagement. Based in the London office, David will focus on the firm’s growing corporate governance activities across its European offices. Together with Morrow Sodali’s expanding team of corporate governance professionals, David will work to further develop the firm’s governance services – ranging from benchmarking and assessments of governance practice to board advisory on engagement with investors. “At Morrow Sodali we recognise that today many of our clients face growing needs for an in-depth and meaningful dialogue with their investors on a broadening range of topics. Having David onboard - from one of the world’s largest fiduciary asset managers - demonstrates our reinforced commitment to helping
MagicStay Expands Its Signature Series with onefinestay19.2.2018 12:09 | Tiedote
MagicStay.com , the apartment rental platform for business travelers, is expanding its upscale offering by distributing onefinestay apartments. MagicStay's Signature® range features a selection of upscale and design apartments, managed by professional agencies that pay particular attention to the quality of hospitality and services offered. onefinestay, the world’s leading luxury private rental brand, is positioned in the 4 and 5 star range that can appeal to a business clientele. onefinestay is renowned in the hospitality industry for its high-touch service, which is always curated to each guest and stay. The company, which joined the AccorHotels group in 2016 offers a peace of mind promise which meets MagicStay’s quality and safety criteria. More than 1,000 homes from onefinestay's portfolio in popular business destinations such as London, Paris, New York or Los Angeles complete the MagicStay Signature® range, offering distinctive and authentic accommodation in city centres. Business
Reply 2018 Code Challenge: Join Us19.2.2018 12:00 | Tiedote
On 15th March 2018 Reply will launch the first Reply Code Challenge, focused on team programming and open to students and professional coders. All the participant teams who have registered on challenges.reply.com will face the challenge of solving a logical math problem through coding. The idea for code challenges came from the “Reply Code Master Team”, a group of Reply developers passionate about coding competitions and design. After a first internal round involving Replyers, Reply is now opening the challenge up to the world. It’s all about learning together and the fun of competition. Reply believes and invests in talent scouting and lifelong learning. The Reply Code Challenge initiative is part of Reply’s ongoing efforts to promote coding to young people (i.e.: The Code for Kids program that involved more than 15,000 girls and boys among 6-18 years in Europe in the last 24 months) to businesses and geeks. Sign up on challenges.reply.com from 15th February, create a team, and connec
GSMA Announces Winners of Inaugural Mobile World Scholar Challenge19.2.2018 12:00 | Tiedote
The GSMA today announced the winners of its inaugural Mobile World Scholar Challenge. New for Mobile World Congress 2018, the Mobile World Scholar Challenge is a video-based competition designed to discover and highlight ground-breaking new technologies developed at universities around the globe. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180219005023/en/ GSMA Submitted Photo “Embracing new ideas is the key to innovation and growth, be it an economy, an industry, a company, charity or individual,” said John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd. “At Mobile World Congress, we are constantly looking to showcase cutting-edge ideas poised to impact the mobile world, and the winners of this first Mobile World Scholar Challenge certainly represent this. Our congratulations to all of the winners, as well as everyone who submitted their innovations for consideration.” Challenge participants submitted short-form videos that promote the science b
New Data Demonstrates Long-Term Skin Clearance in Patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis Treated with Janssen’s TREMFYA® (guselkumab)19.2.2018 11:00 | Tiedote
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced today new data that showed a vast majority of patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis receiving TREMFYA® (guselkumab), who achieved at least a 90 percent improvement in the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI 90) at week 28, maintained a PASI 90 response with continuous treatment through week 72.1 Findings from the study also demonstrated that a vast majority of patients originally randomised to guselkumab, but withdrawn from treatment at week 28, regained a PASI 90 response within six months of initiating guselkumab retreatment.1 These long-term findings from the Phase III VOYAGE 2 study were presented at the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, during a late-breaking abstract session at 1:00 PM PST (22:00 CET) on Saturday 17 February. “The longer-term data from VOYAGE 2 shows promising results for guselkumab as both a continuous, long-term treatment for mod
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme