GSMA Innovation City Returns to Mobile World Congress Shanghai
The GSMA Innovation City will return to Mobile World Congress Shanghai for the fifth year, the GSMA announced today. The popular exhibition space invites visitors to experience how mobile-connected products and services are improving the lives of citizens, enterprises and governments in Asia, as well as around the world. This year’s showcase explores a range of immersive, cutting-edge demonstrations from leading brands as well as start-ups, covering different sectors such as retail, transport, automotive and more.
“The City is always one of the biggest draws at Mobile World Congress and we are focused on ensuring that it reflects the latest developments in mobile technology,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We have a really diverse line-up of partners and a huge number of interactive demos and exhibits that will appeal to all different backgrounds and interest levels. We look to welcoming visitors to the Innovation City in Shanghai in just a few days, and then at Mobile World Congress Americas in San Francisco later in the year.”
The GSMA Innovation City, which is a key attraction at Mobile World Congress, will include interactive demonstrations from partners including BICS, Cubic Telecom, HID Global, Huawei, Guiyang City Government, KT Corporation, myFC, Paypal, Qvantel and SI-TECH, as well as from the GSMA’s key industry programmes: Internet of Things, Future Networks and Identity. The GSMA will also showcase the mobile industry’s leadership role in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The City includes a number of dedicated areas covering automotive and sports to test and try out new products, as well as a café and the GSMA Members Pavilion, showcasing how the GSMA supports its members in driving innovation.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
The GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
- BICS, a global voice carrier and mobile data services provider will showcase its global solutions across messaging, fraud prevention and the Internet of Things.
- Cubic Telecom is driving the world forward with global connectivity solutions for leading automotive, PC and mobile brands. The company will be showcasing its eSIM technology, making LTE connectivity enablement even more efficient for global IoT device makers. Cubic Telecom provides top-of-the-line subscription management solutions that are compliant with the latest M2M specifications and guidelines for remote SIM provisioning.
- HID Global will showcase its latest mobile access technology, including its two-factor authentication solution that uses push notifications to allow financial and banking customers to authenticate access and transactions on their mobile device.
- Huawei will bring a new concept to the Innovation City called ‘Cloud City’, which will give visitors an opportunity to experience a number of industrial based demos across different services and applictions.
GUIYANG CITY GOVERNMENT
- Guiyang City Government will provide details on its China International Big Data Industry Expo, which is the world’s first big-data themed expo.
- Sweden’s MyFC is a world-leading authority on micro fuel cell technology and develops portable, eco-friendly fuel cell chargers for mobile devices. They will demonstrate their latest portable fuel cell charger, the JAQ Hybrid.
- Visit PayPal, the leading global digital payment platform to find out how they connect local merchants and consumers with the global marketplace and empower them to sell and buy without boundaries.
- Qvantel will demonstrate how it is helping Communications Service Providers make a digital transformation with cloud-based BSS solutions.
- KT (Korea Telecom), a leading global communications company, will showcase its range of technologies that will lead in the development of 5G and the IoT.
- KT will present its innovations in 5G and 5G related services as well as showcase its work with the start-up community.
- As the official telecommunications sponsor of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, KT will also present winter sports-related advanced 5G technologies and services.
- Si-TECH will showcase its reliable cloud and big data services.
GSMA Programme Showcase
The GSMA and its partners will demonstrate solutions highlighting the impact of mobile technology through a number of engaging exhibits including:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals – Find out how mobile is connecting everyone and everything to a better future and explore the ‘SDGs in Action’ app.
- Connected Seal – Meet Xiu Xiu the seal and learn how Mobile IoT technology is helping to monitor seals in their natural environment.
- Virtual Reality-Controlled Submarine – Experience the power of 5G via a virtual reality-controlled submarine.
- Burger Restaurant – Experience how RCS messaging enhances the experience of ordering and collecting fast food.
- Virtual Reality Winter Sports Simulator – Head to KT’s stand to try out a virtual reality skiing experience.
- Future Networks – Experience the future of operator networks with demos and experiences highlighting RCS and Messaging as a Platform and the potential of 5G.
- IoT – See how consumers and businesses can enjoy rich new services, connected by intelligent and secure mobile networks.
- Sports Zone – Get hands-on with some of the most innovative wearables and sports related products available today.
- Connected Cars – Experience the future of the connected car, including a McClaren 570S Sports Car experience.
- Identity – Experience how the GSMA’s Mobile Connect is fast becoming the identity solution of choice for a generation demanding security, privacy and convenience.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will be hosted alongside the main conference programme in Hall W3 Hall W3 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. It will be open during Mobile World Congress Shanghai exhibition hours from Wednesday, 28 June through Friday, 30 June. For more information, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/exhibition/gsma-innovation-city/.
Register and Get Involved at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017
Registration to attend Mobile World Congress Shanghai is now open; for information on registration and pass types, please visit www.mwcshanghai.com/register-plan/register/.
For more information on the 2017 Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including how to attend, exhibit, partner or sponsor, visit www.mwcshanghai.com. Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress Shanghai through our social media channels – follow us on Twitter at @GSMA and use #MWCS17 or #GSMAInnovationcity, get regular updates through our LinkedIn Showcase Page at www.linkedin.com/company/mobile-world-congress-shanghai, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mwcshanghai. In China, you can follow us on Sina Weibo weibo.com/mwcshanghai or search “GSMA_MWCS” in WeChat. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/about/contact/social-media.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Edgewater Networks Announces Event Sponsorship of BroadSoft Connections 201721.10.2017 00:00 | Tiedote
Edgewater Networks, Inc., the industry leader in Network Edge Orchestration, announced today that it is an event sponsor of the BroadSoft Connections 2017 user conference, which takes place October 22-25 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, AZ. During the event, Edgewater Networks will feature demonstrations of the latest end-to-end network interoperability capabilities, including Zero Touch Provisioning, UC Analytics from the core to the endpoint, SD-WAN optimized for BroadSoft, and much more. Continuing a long-standing partnership with BroadSoft, Edgewater Networks has completed another level of BroadCloud certification, this time for local survivability which is critical for business continuity for SMB and Enterprise customers. BroadSoft’s PacketSmart is available on all EdgeMarc Intelligent Edges. All elements of the Network Edge Orchestration are
More than 70 Companies to Showcase Top Tech at CES Unveiled Paris20.10.2017 18:08 | Tiedote
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced that more than 70 exhibitors will showcase their latest innovations at the now sold-out fifth annual CES Unveiled Paris The event will focus on the Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and smart cities, and draw more than 600 attendees. CES Unveiled Paris will run from 2-7:30 PM on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at the Palais Brongniart. Regional technology companies, top-tier media outlets, buyers and key industry influencers will come together at CES Unveiled Paris to get a direct look at the latest industry developments. The day kicks off with a CES news conference and CTA market trends presentation. Conference programming is followed by a tabletop exhibition & networking reception. Curated exhibitors will be there to showcase top tech from robotics and audio to smart home and augmented and virtual reality. Notable
Westinghouse Receives Regulatory Approval for Analysis Methodologies20.10.2017 15:15 | Tiedote
Westinghouse Electric Company today announced that it has received approval from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for two new important analysis methodologies that will be used to upgrade Westinghouse- and Combustion Engineering-based nuclear steam supply system (NSSS) safety analyses. The approvals granted are for the new FULL SPECTRUMTM Loss of Coolant Accident (FSLOCATM) methodology and the Performance Analysis and Design Model software code update, PAD5. FSLOCA is capable of improved modeling of the transient response in a pressurized water reactor to the full spectrum of LOCA break sizes that could occur, and PAD5 is the next generation of the Westinghouse fuel rod design performance code. “These codes were developed to work in concert with each other to maximize analytical margin for nuclear utilities,” said Michele DeWitt, senior vice preside
Gilead Announces Multiple Scientific Presentations Demonstrating High Cure Rates in Difficult-to-Cure HCV Patients and Improved Long-Term Bone and Renal Safety of Vemlidy® in HBV Patients Switched from Viread®20.10.2017 15:03 | Tiedote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) today announced results from Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies of its approved medicines for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, adding to the body of evidence supporting Gilead’s viral hepatitis therapies in diverse patient populations. These and other data from more than 25 abstracts will be presented this week at The Liver Meeting® 2017, which begins today in Washington, D.C. Positive results from studies of Harvoni® (ledipasvir 90mg/sofosbuvir 400mg) in HCV-infected patients with severe renal impairment, Epclusa® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg) in HCV-infected liver transplant recipients and Vosevi® (sofosbuvir 400mg/velpatasvir 100mg/voxilaprevir 100mg) in NS5A-inhibitor experienced HCV-infected patients will be presented during poster sessions on October 21 and October 22. In addition, updated results f
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2017 Results20.10.2017 14:00 | Tiedote
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) today reported results for the third quarter of 2017. (Stated in millions, except per share amounts) Three Months Ended Change Sept. 30, 2017 Jun. 30, 2017 Sept. 30, 2016 Sequential Year-on-year
SP3H Announces That It Has Obtained a €1.2 Million European Union Grant for Its Intelligent and Clean Vehicle (VIP) Project20.10.2017 13:47 | Tiedote
SP3H is proud to announce joining the very select circle of the 10 French winners of the H2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 program since 2014. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171020005325/en/ Last summer VIP received the very prestigious SME instrument phase 2 H2020 label in the "transport & smart cities mobility" category. With an overall budget of € 1.7 million, VIP is subsidized by the European Union at a rate of 70% or €1.2 million. The framework contract was officially signed early October. VIP is the pre-industrialization program for Fuelbox sensors, the world's first miniaturized scanner capable of analyzing the quality of fuels on board vehicles. The heart of the program remains closely linked to the reduction of CO2 and pollutant emissions from vehicle
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme