Lenovo Data Center Group Delivers Broad Edge Computing Portfolio, Expands Investments in IoT
Next week at MWC Barcelona, Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) will showcase continued investments in its solutions supporting IoT and edge computing as part of its IoT growth plan over the next few years. Building on the momentum of its fifth consecutive quarter of profit growth, Lenovo DCG is building a portfolio that takes infrastructure to where the data is, whether that be in the traditional data center, in the cloud or increasingly, at the edge.
Today, around 10 percent of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. By 2022, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75 percent. This migration is driving increased concerns around data privacy, security and regulations coupled with challenges of latency, bandwidth and downtime. Lenovo is addressing these challenges by creating a broad portfolio of edge computing offerings that address the different ways that customers want to deploy edge computing solutions for IoT use cases.
At MWC Barcelona, Lenovo will unveil the ThinkSystem SE350, an edge server that is just slightly larger than a ThinkPad. This purpose-built server will come to market this summer and is half the width and significantly shorter than a traditional server, making it ideal for deployment in tight spaces. It can be mounted on a wall, stacked on a shelf or mounted in a rack. The ThinkSystem SE350 puts increased processing power, storage and network closer to where data is generated, allowing actions resulting from the analysis of that data to take place more quickly. Since these edge servers are typically deployed outside of secure data centers, they include technology that encrypts the data stored on the device if it is tampered with, only enabling authorized users to access it. In addition, the server will support both Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity.
“There is tremendous opportunity to help customers realize the power that edge computing can bring to their organizations,” said Kirk Skaugen, Executive Vice President, Lenovo and President of Lenovo Data Center Group. “We’ve made significant focused investments in our IoT and Telco offerings over the past year with several strategic partners, enabling connectivity from edge to data center. We are committed to supporting industry open source initiatives, including the Open RAN, and Lenovo looks forward to co-chairing the Open RAN (O-RAN) Cloudification and Orchestration groups.”
For customers who want pre-integrated and validated IoT solutions for simplified deployment and accelerated digital transformation, Lenovo has partnered with the industry to bring expertise to support edge computing use cases:
- Lenovo teams up with Pivot3 to drive smart city capabilities. Lenovo demonstrates its commitment to Video- and Security-based solutions powered by Pivot3 with live demos and customer examples at MWC Barcelona. As governments and organizations adopt the next generation of edge computing to help protect people, increase efficiency and avoid loss, Lenovo and Pivot3 are working together to support mission-critical smart city and safe campus deployments across multiple sectors. In collaboration with SecureTech, a leading integrator of video security solutions, Lenovo and Pivot3 helped a leading Middle East hospitality customer secure their sprawling hotel complex meeting their mission critical requirements for resilience, security and manageability. Together, they delivered a successful security solution, efficiently capturing and managing their security video data. The project reduces risk of data loss, system failure and lowers cost of acquisition and ownership, while reducing their need for advanced technical skills.
- Lenovo reveals its Future-Ready Retail Store Infrastructure solution in partnership with Scale Computing, enabling retail customers to deploy mini data centers that offer enterprise-class IT infrastructure at the edge of their networks. Ahold Delhaize, an international food retail group headquartered in Zaandam, Netherlands, operates supermarkets and e-commerce businesses across 6,700+ stores in 11 countries, serving over 50 million customers each week. Delhaize wanted to reduce time spent deploying and managing edge IT infrastructure and needed a solution that could host traditional and IoT applications on the same hardware. With the combined solution, Delhaize found the stability, support, cost savings, simplicity and optimized security needed to modernize its stores with IoT for optimizing freezing, heating and the customer experience.
- Lenovo is working closely with VMware on Project Dimension, which will dramatically simplify the delivery of infrastructure-as-a-service to on-premise locations including at the edge. A pilot program is underway with several customers with the aim of providing a commercially available offering that will extend VMware Cloud to deliver a software-defined data-center (SDDC) in a hyper-converged appliance as-a-service for enterprise customers.
- Lenovo partners with select visionary ISVs and CoSPs to validate unique use cases, enabling CoSPs to roll out new monetizable services. Lenovo’s Communication Service Provider (CoSP) strategy is aligned with the new emerging areas like Multi-Access Edge computing (MEC) and C-RAN. Partnering with China Mobile, Intel and Baicells, Lenovo demonstrates the first 5G O-RAN virtualized solution providing increased flexibility to CoSP.
- Focused on our customer experience and solving relevant use cases, Lenovo and Orange established a Joint Innovation Partnership focused on hardware composability using Intel® Rack Scale Design (RSD). The main focus area of the joint research is maximizing energy, performance and cost efficiencies by pooling & abstracting hardware resources, such as FPGA, GPU, and SmartNICs in edge deployment environments.
Demonstrations of Lenovo’s IoT and edge solutions can be seen at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 25 – February 28 at the Lenovo Showcase in Hall 3, Space 3N30. For more information, visit www.lenovo.com/mwc or www.lenovo.com/datacenterevents
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune Global 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the difference in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, read about the latest news via our Storyhub, or visit our website at http://www.lenovo.com/.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Bartek Ingredients Expands Leadership Team22.3.2019 01:35:00 EET | Tiedote
Bartek Ingredients Inc. recently completed a 4,000 ton/year capacity expansion for its malic and food-grade fumaric acid production facility, and today it announces the expansion of its leadership team, with the hiring of Jeff Billig as Vice President of Marketing & Business Development and Heinrich G. Schaefer as International Sales Director. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190321005785/en/ The global leader in malic and fumaric acid ingredients expands its leadership team. (Photo: Business Wire) Bartek’s investment in both its team and facilities reinforces its position as the leader in malic and fumaric acid globally and aligns with its mission to facilitate growth and increase global reach to better serve existing customers and markets while opening up new ones. Bartek’s addition of Billig and Schaefer lays the foundation for additional resource investment in the near future while rapidly increasing its sa
Hansard Global Plc Selects SaaS-Based Majesco LifePlus Solutions to Transform Their Business21.3.2019 23:30:00 EET | Tiedote
Majesco (NASDAQ:MJCO), a global leader of cloud core insurance software, today announced that Hansard Global plc, a FTSE listed business, selected Majesco Life IllustratePlus, Majesco Life AdminPlus, and Majesco Life DistributionPlus to support its ambitious growth plans. Hansard Global plc, which is headquartered on the Isle of Man, provides innovative financial products and services for financial advisors and their international clients, leveraging the latest technology to deliver an award-winning online proposition and best-in-class service. This is the third UK win announced in the last 12 months, following the launch of the SaaS offering in February of 2016 and has received a hugely positive response from the industry, endorsed by numerous industry awards. Majesco has established itself as a market leader in cloud-based core insurance solutions within the individual life and pensions sector. Ollie Byrne, Chief Strategy Officer at Hansard Global plc, commented “Our current system h
ResMed to Host an Investor Meeting on April 4, 201921.3.2019 23:05:00 EET | Tiedote
ResMed (NYSE: RMD) (ASX: RMD) today announced it will host an investor meeting on Thursday, April 4th to discuss the Company’s recent acquisitions, existing joint ventures and strategy pertaining to respiratory care and out-of-hospital software. Additional information regarding the investor meeting, including the specific time and webcast link for the presentations, will be made available approximately one week prior to the event and may be accessed by visiting http://investor.resmed.com. Space for the event is limited and therefore in-person attendance is available by invitation only. Presentations at the investor meeting will be transmitted by a live webcast, which may be accessed by visiting http://investor.resmed.com. A replay of the webcast will be accessible on our website and available approximately two hours after the webcast. In addition, a phone replay will be available approximately two hours after the webcast and will be accessible for approximately one year thereafter. Abo
KILL OnMiners Mining Rigs Offering the Biggest Hash-Rate in the Market21.3.2019 22:53:00 EET | Tiedote
Business Wire requests that NewsItemId: 20190320005122, OnMiners press release "OnMiners Mining Rigs Offering the Biggest Hash-Rate in the Market" issued March 20, 2019 be removed. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190320005122/en/ Contact information Business Wire, France +33 (0) 1 56 88 29 40
KILL OnMiners Changing the Game in Cryptocurrency Mining21.3.2019 22:51:00 EET | Tiedote
Business Wire requests that NewsItemId: 20190318005779, OnMiners press release "OnMiners Changing the Game in Cryptocurrency Mining" issued March 18, 2019 be removed. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190318005779/en/ View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190318005779/en/ Contact information Business Wire, France +33 (0) 1 56 88 29 40
Her Excellency Sheikha Hind Attends International Universities Arabic Debating Championship Closing Ceremony21.3.2019 18:03:00 EET | Tiedote
Her Excellency Sheikha Hind bint Hamad Al Thani, Vice Chairperson and CEO of Qatar Foundation (QF), attended the closing ceremony of the fifth edition of the International Universities Arabic Debating Championship (IUDC) organized by QatarDebate, a member of QF. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190321005482/en/ Princess Sumaya University for Technology in Jordan takes First Place (Photo: AETOSWire) The championship – held under the patronage of Her Excellency Sheikha Hind bint Hamad Al Thani – took place at Qatar National Convention Centre from March 16-20, 2019, and included 107 teams from 51 Arab and non-Arab countries. During the ceremony, Her Excellency Sheikha Hind presented the winners with their awards. The debate team from Princess Sumaya University for Technology in Jordan took first place in this year’s edition of IUDC. The boys’ team from Qatar University was awarded second place, while the team from
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme