Lenovo Data Center Group Delivers Broad Edge Computing Portfolio, Expands Investments in IoT
Next week at MWC Barcelona, Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) will showcase continued investments in its solutions supporting IoT and edge computing as part of its IoT growth plan over the next few years. Building on the momentum of its fifth consecutive quarter of profit growth, Lenovo DCG is building a portfolio that takes infrastructure to where the data is, whether that be in the traditional data center, in the cloud or increasingly, at the edge.
Today, around 10 percent of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. By 2022, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75 percent. This migration is driving increased concerns around data privacy, security and regulations coupled with challenges of latency, bandwidth and downtime. Lenovo is addressing these challenges by creating a broad portfolio of edge computing offerings that address the different ways that customers want to deploy edge computing solutions for IoT use cases.
At MWC Barcelona, Lenovo will unveil the ThinkSystem SE350, an edge server that is just slightly larger than a ThinkPad. This purpose-built server will come to market this summer and is half the width and significantly shorter than a traditional server, making it ideal for deployment in tight spaces. It can be mounted on a wall, stacked on a shelf or mounted in a rack. The ThinkSystem SE350 puts increased processing power, storage and network closer to where data is generated, allowing actions resulting from the analysis of that data to take place more quickly. Since these edge servers are typically deployed outside of secure data centers, they include technology that encrypts the data stored on the device if it is tampered with, only enabling authorized users to access it. In addition, the server will support both Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity.
“There is tremendous opportunity to help customers realize the power that edge computing can bring to their organizations,” said Kirk Skaugen, Executive Vice President, Lenovo and President of Lenovo Data Center Group. “We’ve made significant focused investments in our IoT and Telco offerings over the past year with several strategic partners, enabling connectivity from edge to data center. We are committed to supporting industry open source initiatives, including the Open RAN, and Lenovo looks forward to co-chairing the Open RAN (O-RAN) Cloudification and Orchestration groups.”
For customers who want pre-integrated and validated IoT solutions for simplified deployment and accelerated digital transformation, Lenovo has partnered with the industry to bring expertise to support edge computing use cases:
- Lenovo teams up with Pivot3 to drive smart city capabilities. Lenovo demonstrates its commitment to Video- and Security-based solutions powered by Pivot3 with live demos and customer examples at MWC Barcelona. As governments and organizations adopt the next generation of edge computing to help protect people, increase efficiency and avoid loss, Lenovo and Pivot3 are working together to support mission-critical smart city and safe campus deployments across multiple sectors. In collaboration with SecureTech, a leading integrator of video security solutions, Lenovo and Pivot3 helped a leading Middle East hospitality customer secure their sprawling hotel complex meeting their mission critical requirements for resilience, security and manageability. Together, they delivered a successful security solution, efficiently capturing and managing their security video data. The project reduces risk of data loss, system failure and lowers cost of acquisition and ownership, while reducing their need for advanced technical skills.
- Lenovo reveals its Future-Ready Retail Store Infrastructure solution in partnership with Scale Computing, enabling retail customers to deploy mini data centers that offer enterprise-class IT infrastructure at the edge of their networks. Ahold Delhaize, an international food retail group headquartered in Zaandam, Netherlands, operates supermarkets and e-commerce businesses across 6,700+ stores in 11 countries, serving over 50 million customers each week. Delhaize wanted to reduce time spent deploying and managing edge IT infrastructure and needed a solution that could host traditional and IoT applications on the same hardware. With the combined solution, Delhaize found the stability, support, cost savings, simplicity and optimized security needed to modernize its stores with IoT for optimizing freezing, heating and the customer experience.
- Lenovo is working closely with VMware on Project Dimension, which will dramatically simplify the delivery of infrastructure-as-a-service to on-premise locations including at the edge. A pilot program is underway with several customers with the aim of providing a commercially available offering that will extend VMware Cloud to deliver a software-defined data-center (SDDC) in a hyper-converged appliance as-a-service for enterprise customers.
- Lenovo partners with select visionary ISVs and CoSPs to validate unique use cases, enabling CoSPs to roll out new monetizable services. Lenovo’s Communication Service Provider (CoSP) strategy is aligned with the new emerging areas like Multi-Access Edge computing (MEC) and C-RAN. Partnering with China Mobile, Intel and Baicells, Lenovo demonstrates the first 5G O-RAN virtualized solution providing increased flexibility to CoSP.
- Focused on our customer experience and solving relevant use cases, Lenovo and Orange established a Joint Innovation Partnership focused on hardware composability using Intel® Rack Scale Design (RSD). The main focus area of the joint research is maximizing energy, performance and cost efficiencies by pooling & abstracting hardware resources, such as FPGA, GPU, and SmartNICs in edge deployment environments.
Demonstrations of Lenovo’s IoT and edge solutions can be seen at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 25 – February 28 at the Lenovo Showcase in Hall 3, Space 3N30. For more information, visit www.lenovo.com/mwc or www.lenovo.com/datacenterevents
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune Global 500 company and a global technology leader in driving Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the difference in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, read about the latest news via our Storyhub, or visit our website at http://www.lenovo.com/.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Concierge Auctions and Engel & Völkers to Sell $29.9 Million New Jersey Estate Without Reserve20.5.2019 20:32:00 EEST | Tiedote
A 32,507-square-foot Saddle River residence will sell at auction next month via leading global firm Concierge Auctions. Known as “Stone Palace on the Hill,” the home features a glass elevator, tennis court, racquetball court, wine cellar, and two swimming pools. 144 East Saddle River Road was previously listed for $29.9 million and will sell Without Reserve in cooperation with Alina Pogorelova and Lisa Troyano-Ascolese of Engel & Völkers. Bidding, which will be held via Concierge Auctions’ online marketplace, will open on June 21st and close on June 27. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005686/en/ 144 East Saddle River Road | New York Metro, NJ (Photo: Business Wire) “The quality of work and detail that went into building this home is perhaps the most impressive element of the property,” said Troyano-Ascolese. “With astounding details from custom gold-plated and forged-iron railings to a complete hand-cut
CNIM to Optimize Renewable Heat Production for Nantes District Heating20.5.2019 20:20:00 EEST | Tiedote
CNIM, a French international industrial equipment manufacturer and integrator, has entered into an agreement concerning the energy efficiency optimisation at the waste-to-energy plant serving the cities of Nantes and Saint Nazaire, in the North West of France. Under the terms of this agreement, CNIM will install an absorption heat pump to boost the supply of hot water to Nantes. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005678/en/ Heat-Pump_13MW_Brive (c) CNIM The delivery is scheduled for October 2019. The new system has been designed to inject 3.1 MW of heat energy into Nantes' district heating system. 2018: Two contracts to upgrade heat networks in France and Switzerland Prior to this agreement, CNIM won two other major contracts to upgrade the energy efficiency of waste-to-energy plants in France and Switzerland, and to supply district heating networks with renewable energy. Supplying 30 MW to Basel's district
Phase III study showed nintedanib slows the loss of pulmonary function in people living with systemic sclerosis associated ILD120.5.2019 19:46:00 EEST | Tiedote
Boehringer Ingelheim today announced that the SENSCIS® trial met its primary endpoint: reduction in the annual rate of decline in forced vital capacity (FVCa) in patients with systemic sclerosis associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD). Results show that nintedanib slows the loss of pulmonary function in patients with SSc-ILD compared to placebo. Patients taking nintedanib showed a 44% reduction in the rate of decline of their lung function, measured in FVC assessed over 52 weeks1. These new data were today published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) and presented to the medical community at the American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference, in Dallas, USA. SENSCIS® is the largest randomised controlled trial to be conducted in patients with SSc-ILD, a disease for which there are currently no approved treatments.1,3,4 Results also showed that nintedanib had a safety and tolerability profile similar to that observed in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibro
MyHeritage laajenee terveyteen lanseeramalla uuden DNA-testin, joka tarjoaa kuluttajille yksilöllistä tietoa terveydestä20.5.2019 18:55:00 EEST | Tiedote
MyHeritage, maailman johtava perhehistoria- ja DNA-testauspalvelu, ilmoitti tänään DNA-tuotevalikoimansa merkittävästä laajenemisesta MyHeritage Terveys+Perimä DNA-testin lanseeraamisen myötä. Testi tarjoaa uuden ulottuvuuden geneettiseen tietoon kattavien terveysraporttien avulla, mikä voi vaikuttaa terveys- ja elämäntapavalintoihin tulevaisuudessa. Se on nykyisen MyHeritage Vain-Perimä DNA-testin supersetti ja sisältää sen peruspilarit: etnisen alkuperän prosentuaalisen jakauman ja yhteisen, jaetun DNAn avulla löytyneet sukulaiset. MyHeritage on nyt ainoa maailmanlaajuinen DNA-yritys, joka tarjoaa kuluttajille kattavan terveys- ja perimä-tuotteen yli 40 kielellä. Tämä lehdistötiedote sisältää multimediaa. Katso koko julkaisu täällä: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005590/fi/ MyHeritage laajenee terveyteen lanseeramalla uuden DNA-testin, joka tarjoaa kuluttajille yksilöllistä tietoa terveydestä (Graphic: Business Wire) Terveys+Perimä-tuotteen lanseeraus erottaa MyHerita
Airship Bolsters its Senior Leadership Team for Accelerated Global Growth20.5.2019 16:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
Customer engagement company Airship today announced four senior leadership appointments including Dale Flores as vice president of sales Americas, Neil Gariepy as vice president of infrastructure and security, David King Harris as vice president of sales EMEA, and Jeff Winsor as vice president of technology services. Dale Flores will lead the rapid expansion of Airship’s Americas sales organization, growing solution adoption to generate greater business value for customers throughout the region. Flores brings two decades of global SaaS sales and customer success management experience to Airship, including over 14 years leading sales teams at Silverpop and IBM. Most recently, Flores was head of customer success at digital customer experience company Clicktale. Neil Gariepy will lead Airship’s customer engineering, infrastructure and security teams, with responsibility for expanding Airship’s infrastructure globally while further optimizing its cost, performance and security. Gariepy bri
Analogix Introduces Its VirtualLink™ Reference Design for High-Performance Gaming Notebooks20.5.2019 16:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of its VirtualLink™ Reference Design which enables VirtualLink directly on the motherboard of high-performance gaming notebooks, allowing them to support virtual reality (VR) over the USB-C™ connector. External accessories can also leverage the reference design to interface legacy graphics processing units (GPUs) to future VirtualLink-enabled VR head-mounted displays. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005132/en/ Analogix VirtualLink™ Reference Design brings VR support over the USB-C™ connector to high-performance gaming laptops. (Graphic: Business Wire) Introduced by a consortium led by NVIDIA, Oculus, Valve, AMD, and Microsoft, the VirtualLink Alternate Mode of USB Type-C™ was designed to deliver the power, display, and data required to power VR headsets through a single USB Type-C connector, eliminating the need for multiple cables. It expands
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme