Limelight Networks “State of Online Video” Reports a 34 Percent Increase in Global Online Video Viewing
Millennial consumers worldwide lead the growing online video consumption, according to the “State of Online Video” research report from Limelight Networks, (Nasdaq:LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery. Taking a close look at consumers’ changing viewing habits, the annual report shows the average global viewer watches five hours and 45 minutes each week and subscribes to one or more video on-demand services.
The increasing shift to online viewing is a global trend, with viewers in India, Singapore, and the U.S. spending the most time watching online videos, averaging seven hours, seven minutes, six hours, 37 minutes, and six hours, 35 minutes per week respectively. Viewers in Europe spend the least time watching online video, with those in the U.K. averaging five hours, 11 minutes per week. Similarly, those in France watch an average of five hours, four minutes of online video every week. Germany has the lowest rate of online video viewership at four hours, 14 minutes, with almost half of the respondents watching only one to two hours per week.
“With the proliferation of online video content, viewers are moving away from traditional broadcast television viewing and are demanding broadcast-quality online experiences,” said Michael Milligan, Senior Director at Limelight Networks. “Our research over time has shown a clear increase in expectations and decreasing patience with poor quality experiences.”
Additional insight from the report includes:
- Millennials Watch the Most Online Video. Globally, younger people watch the most online video, a trend that is reflected in Europe. In both Germany and the U.K., viewers aged 18-25 tend to watch between 4 to 7 hours of online video every week. In contrast, all other age groups in these countries are most likely to watch between 1 to 2 hours. In France, nearly 1 in 4 millennials watch more than 10 hours per week, significantly more than other age groups in France who are all most likely to watch between 1-2 hours.
- The Growth of eSports. Although traditional sports programming was the third most watched type of online video content by men, males 18-25 watch more eSports and online video gaming than traditional sports programming.
- Consumers Won’t Waste Time on a Poor Experience. Rebuffering (when a video pauses during playback to load more content) is the top global frustration when viewing videos online – surpassing poor video quality and limited device access. This is reflected in the U.K. and Germany, where rebuffering was cited as the top frustration by 47% and 38% of respondents, respectively. Interestingly, in France, rebuffering takes second place as the top frustration, with far more respondents choosing poor video quality (46% compared to 31%).
- Smartphones Gain in Popularity for Viewing. Although computers and laptops are the primary online video viewing device globally, they are closely followed by smartphones. These are also fast-becoming the preferred device for millennials – for example, in the U.K., 26% say that more than half of the time, they access video content using their smartphones.
- Cable Subscribers Keep the Cord and Go Further Over-the-Top. Despite cord-cutting concerns, the report uncovered that people subscribing to cable have twice as many over-the-top subscription services than those without cable.
- U.S. and India Lead Subscriptions to Online Streaming Services. Consumers globally are signing on to streaming with 30 percent of viewers noting they subscribe to two or more services. Subscription rates are highest in the U.S. at 1.67 services and lowest in France, with a subscription rate of 0.71 services. Only 16.7 percent of respondents in France subscribed to two or more services. Viewers in the U.K. and Germany subscribe to an average of 0.93 and 0.83 services, respectively.
- Movies and TV Shows Lead Online Viewing. Globally, viewers spend more time online watching movies than any other type of content. However, viewers in the U.K. watch TV shows most often. When viewed by gender, men prefer movies, while women prefer TV shows.
The “State of Online Video” report is based on a survey of 4,000 consumers ranging in age, gender, and education in France, Germany, India, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, the U.K., and the U.S. The complete “State of Online Video” report is available here.
Limelight Networks Inc., (NASDAQ: LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage online audiences by enabling them to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, on any device. The company’s Limelight Orchestrate Platform includes a global infrastructure with a fully-integrated suite of capabilities and services to help you address all your content delivery needs. The Orchestrate Platform solves your most important content delivery challenges so you can deliver the next great digital experience anywhere. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog, follow us on Twitter , Facebook and LinkedIn and be sure to visit Limelight Connect.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Pierre Fabre & Array BioPharma Announce a 62% Observed OS at One Year from the Phase 3 BEACON CRC Safety Lead-In of the Combination of Encorafenib, Binimetinib and Cetuximab in BRAF-Mutant CRC at the ESMO GI Congress23.6.2018 14:00 | Tiedote
Not intended for UK- and US-based media Pierre Fabre and its partner Array BioPharma Inc. today announced updated safety and efficacy results, including OS, from the safety lead-in of the Phase 3 BEACON CRC trial evaluating the triplet combination of encorafenib, a BRAF inhibitor, binimetinib, a MEK inhibitor and cetuximab, an anti-EGFR antibody, in patients with BRAF V600E -mutant metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC). The results showed that, at the time of analysis, the OS data were fully mature through 12.6 months and that the median OS had not yet been reached. The one-year overall survival rate for this cohort was 62%. These data were presented in an oral presentation on Saturday, June 23, at the ESMO 20th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer in Barcelona, Spain. The median progression-free survival (mPFS) for patients treated with the triplet was 8 months [95% CI 5.6-9.3] and is similar between patients receiving one prior line of therapy and patients receiving two prior lines
Compelling Data for LONSURF® (trifluridine/tipiracil) in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Presented at ESMO’s World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer by Servier and Taiho23.6.2018 11:10 | Tiedote
Servier and Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. today announced that the TASCO-1 trial demonstrated promising results for LONSURF® (trifluridine/tipiracil) in combination with bevacizumab in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) who are not suitable for intensive treatment, with a median progression-free survival (PFS) of 9.2 months (ranging from 7.6 to 11.5 months). A second non-comparative arm in the trial, evaluated the outcome of patients treated with the current standard of care of capecitabine in combination with bevacizumab. The median PFS of this arm was 7.8 months (ranging from 5.5 to 10.1 months). “Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the world. While there has been some progress in treatment, there are still few options for patients with metastatic disease who are not suitable for intensive treatment,” said Professor Eric Van Cutsem, Head of Digestive Oncology at the University of Leuven, Belgium. “These compelling results suggest
Softomotive and Accelerate RPA Partner to Help Enterprises Achieve Faster Time to Value from RPA22.6.2018 18:13 | Tiedote
Softomotive, a world–class Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology provider offering best time to value and affordability for all sizes and types of enterprises, is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with AccelerateRPA, a high calibre professional services provider of trained and certified RPA Consultants within Robotic Process Automation. This partnership means that customers and end users of Softomotive’s software, will have additional knowledgeable and professional guidance available to help achieve significant value quickly from their investment in RPA. Companies who are looking to implement Softomotive’s RPA product suite (WinAutomation and ProcessRobot software) will now have direct access to AccelerateRPA’s highly skilled consultants and Developers. Further, AccelerateRPA has also become a licensed reseller of Softomotive’s products, offering customers a single point of contact for delivering both RPA software and services. Ashley Hudson, Director of AccelerateRPA,
Ascend Performance Materials Announces Price Increase for Intermediate Materials22.6.2018 17:00 | Tiedote
Ascend Performance Materials announced today a price increase for its intermediate materials. The price increase will take effect globally on July 1, 2018, and includes the following terms: Material Price Increase Terms Hexamethylene diamine (HMD) $0.17/lb. • As contracts allow. • Non-contract business – price determined on an order-by-order basis. Acrylonitrile (AN) $0.20/lb. • As contracts allow. • Non-contract business – price determined on an order-by-order basis. Customers should contact their local sales representative for additional information. About Ascend Performance Materials Ascend Performance Materials is a global premium provider of high-quality plastics, fibers and chemicals and is the world’s largest integrated producer of PA66 resin. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Ascend has eight global locations, including five fully-integrated manufacturing facilities located in the southeastern United States, all dedicated to the innovation and safe production of nylon 6,6. With
Different Countries, Different Customs: Get Ready for the Motorbike Holidays with Moto-tyres.co.uk22.6.2018 16:41 | Tiedote
Pack your bags, close the boot and get away on holiday? When you start your holidays on a motorcycle, you usually have to consider a few things more when getting ready for your trip. The right preparation is therefore a must. So that nothing stands in the way of a smooth journey, Moto-tyres.co.uk has put together some tips for your next trip. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180622005345/en/ Different countries, different customs: get ready for the motorbike holidays with Moto-tyres.co.uk (Photo: Business Wire) Whether a weekend trip or extended adventure, it all depends on the right equipment. Functional clothing, protectors and rain protection are a must on long trips. Wearing a suitable motorcycle helmet is a legal requirement almost everywhere. However, there are also very different rules and regulations for motorbike equipment and accessories depending on the destination, and you should familiarise yoursel
Boehringer Ingelheim bolsters biologics research and development with 230 million euro investment in new development center22.6.2018 15:00 | Tiedote
Today Boehringer Ingelheim announced a 230 million euro investment into a new Biologicals Development Center (BDC) at the company’s Research and Development site in Biberach, Germany during the foundation stone laying for the new center. “The BDC is another key building block supporting the company’s long-term strategy for increasing the pipeline’s share of biologicals. This is particularly driven by two of our core areas, immune oncology and immunology,” says Dr. Fridtjof Traulsen, Corporate Senior Vice President Development at Boehringer Ingelheim. “The share of new biological entities in Boehringer Ingelheim’s research pipeline has been consistently increasing over the past few years and has now reached forty percent.” The BDC will help to maximize synergies by integrating biologicals analytical and process development as well as manufacturing for clinical studies into one seamless unit, while at the same time increasing development capacity. Following a staggered launch beginning i
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme