O-RAN ALLIANCE Announces Virtual O-RAN Open Summit and Demonstrations of O-RAN Technology at MWC Shanghai 2021
As of January 2021, the O-RAN ALLIANCE welcomes LG U+ as its 28th operator member. With strong support by its expanding number of contributors, the alliance now counts more than 260 companies from around the globe, building a foundation and unifying the Radio Access Networks (RAN) industry towards open, intelligent, virtualized and fully interoperable RAN solutions.
O-RAN Open Summit (Virtual) Complements the O-RAN Demos at MWC Shanghai 2021
For latest updates on the evolution of open RAN, the O-RAN ALLIANCE invites interested industry participants to the O-RAN Open Summit. This compact virtual event will open with operator executives delivering a summary of O-RAN’s progress and developments. Subsequent keynotes and panel discussions with major O-RAN players will summarize the achievements and next steps in the O-RAN specification effort, testing and integration, and delivery of open software for the RAN.
The O-RAN Open Summit virtual event is scheduled for February 25, 2021 from 9:00-11:00pm China Standard Time (8:00-10:00am EST, 14:00-16:00 CET). For more information and to join the summit free of charge, please visit our website.
O-RAN Demonstrations at MWC Shanghai 2021 and at the O-RAN Virtual Showcase
Two O-RAN demonstrations are planned to be presented at the MWC Shanghai 2021:
- Sageran is demonstrating a complete O-RAN white-box small cell solution based on an x86 platform with an FPGA Accelerator card that showcases a stand-alone end-to-end use case using white box hardware for an indoor cell which supports MIMO with 4T4R. The demo is hosted at MWC Shanghai 2021 by Sageran, booth N2.C114, as well as at the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition.
- VIAVI and Rohde & Schwarz are jointly demonstrating validation of open fronthaul performance. As network operators adopt disaggregated, multi-vendor networks, rigorous testing of performance and interoperability must accompany conformance testing. This demo showcases generation and delivery of typical standards based testcase IQ data to the O-RU utilizing the Lower Layer Split Option 7.2x fronthaul interface with the VIAVI TM500 O-RU Tester. Moreover, uplink and downlink fronthaul logs are captured, and RF signal generation and capture are performed using the Rohde & Schwarz VSG and VSA hardware with VSE Software for RF and IQ signal analysis. Testcase workflow is simplified for the end user utilizing the VIAVI O-RU Test Manager, providing a single point of test control. The demo is hosted at MWC Shanghai 2021 by VIAVI Solutions, booth N1.B137, as well as at the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition.
5 more virtual demos for MWC Shanghai 2021 have enriched the O-RAN Virtual Exhibition:
- ITRI is demonstrating traffic steering xApps and Near-Real-Time Radio Intelligent Controller platform utilizing E2 procedures to monitor cell and UE metrics generated by RAN simulator and to offload some UE to neighbor cells such that the A1 policy is guaranteed.
- NVIDIA and VMWare are jointly demonstrating PoC of Aerial 5G gNB Layer-1 orchestration on VMWare telco cloud platform. This demo showcases NVIDIA Aerial SDK as cloud native function, with docker containers and Kubernetes manifests. Aerial cuBB onboarded to VMWare telco cloud platform offers service agility, operational efficiency and reduced CAPEX/OPEX through MANO.
- Viettel is demonstrating an end-to-end-solution based on Intel server (Xeon-D) with NIC (XXV710-DA2T) that is integrated with an outdoor micro O-RU via an Open Fronthaul Interface. The base station connects with EPC and Viettel’s eNB perform a complete NSA (Option 3X) white-box base station solution and ready for Commercial Deployment. The integrated system is verified using a commercial UE through the attach and speed test.
- Altiostar has teamed up with Airtel and NEC to demonstrate interoperability testing and integration of massive MIMO radio units (O-RU) and virtualized distributed units (O-DU) running on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. The demonstration features a commercial end-to-end Open Fronthaul interface based on O-RAN specifications.
- Parallel Wireless is demonstrating 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G O-RAN based macro Open RAN to expand and modernize cellular networks with reduced TCO & simplified maintenance. It’s been proven in rural in 50+ networks globally and is now scalable for urban 2G 3G 4G while unleashing the full 5G potential.
About O-RAN ALLIANCE
The O-RAN ALLIANCE is a world-wide community of more than 260 mobile operators, vendors, and research & academic institutions operating in the Radio Access Network (RAN) industry. As the RAN is an essential part of any mobile network, the O-RAN ALLIANCE’s mission is to re-shape the industry towards more intelligent, open, virtualized and fully interoperable mobile networks. The new O-RAN standards will enable a more competitive and vibrant RAN supplier ecosystem with faster innovation to improve user experience. O-RAN based mobile networks will at the same time improve the efficiency of RAN deployments as well as operations by the mobile operators. To achieve this, the O-RAN ALLIANCE publishes new RAN specifications, releases open software for the RAN, and supports its members in integration and testing of their implementations. For more information please visit www.o-ran.org.
O-RAN ALLIANCE PR Contact
O-RAN ALLIANCE e.V.
Buschkauler Weg 27
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
High-Quality Healthcare, Education Systems Highlighted in China's Two Sessions7.3.2021 06:41:00 EET | Press release
Building Healthy China and a high-quality education system are both important content in the draft outline of the 14th Five-Year Plan (2021-2025) for national economic and social development and the long-range objectives through the year 2035, which will be reviewed by lawmakers at the ongoing National People's Congress (NPC) session. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210306005020/en/ On the second day of this year's annual session of the NPC, China's national legislature, President Xi Jinping joined a group meeting with national political advisors from the education, medical and health sectors. He attended joint group meetings with national political advisors from various sectors during the Two Sessions eight times from 2013 to 2020, hearing their comments and suggestions. Ensuring people's health Talking about work in medical and health areas, Xi reiterated holding people's health as a strategic priority, call
CGTN: China Outlines Plan to Address Economic Challenges in Next 5 Years5.3.2021 16:02:00 EET | Press release
China has set a gross domestic product (GDP) growth target of over six percent for 2021 and outlined a plan to promote innovation, green development, and common prosperity in the next five years. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210305005288/en/ Addressing the country's annual legislative session, Premier Li Keqiang on Friday explained how China is going to tackle the numerous challenges it faces in a new development stage. "China remains in an important period of strategic opportunity for development. Yet, there are changes in both the opportunities and challenges we face," Li said when delivering a government work report at the opening meeting of the fourth session of the 13th National People's Congress (NPC), China's top legislature. 'Extraordinary year' Describing 2020 as "an extraordinary year in the history of the People's Republic of China," the premier underscored China's "major strategic success" in fi
Everbridge Awarded Revolutionary New Public Warning Patent for Technology that Automates the Selection of the Optimal Communications Channels to Reach the Broadest, Hyper-Targeted Populations – as Fast as Possible – During a Crisis5.3.2021 15:30:00 EET | Press release
Everbridge, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVBG), the global leader in critical event management (CEM), today announced the company received a revolutionary new patent related to its world-class Public Warning system. The patent pertains to technology focused on hybrid population alerting systems and intelligent sending of messages in public mobile networks. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210305005260/en/ Everbridge Awarded Revolutionary New Public Warning Patent (Photo: Business Wire) Everbridge represents the first population alerting provider to serve the entire populations of 11 countries in Europe, Asia, Oceania, the Middle East, Africa, and the Americas, supporting five European Union (EU) countries in conjunction with the EU mandate requiring member countries to have a population-wide alerting system in place by June 2022. In compliance with GDPR, Everbridge Public Warning neither collects nor stores personally identif
COVID-19’s Economic Pinch Drives More Nordic Enterprises Toward Business Process Automation for Competitive Edge5.3.2021 12:00:00 EET | Press release
Large enterprises in the Nordics have been implementing business process automation over the last three years, and more organizations now see the urgency of adopting these technologies to stay competitive as COVID-19 strains the regional economy, according to a new report published today by Information Services Group (ISG) (Nasdaq: III), a leading global technology research and advisory firm. The 2020 ISG Provider Lens™ Intelligent Automation – Solutions and Services report for the Nordics finds banking, financial services and insurance companies have led the region in adopting business process automation, seeking higher productivity, cost savings and improved customer experience. Manufacturing, retail and other sectors are also embracing the technologies, which include conversational AI, natural-language processing and AI for IT operations (AIOps). “Early adopters of automation in the Nordics are stepping up digital transformation to gain an advantage when they need it most,” said Jan
International Fashion Designer Anna Chybisova Draws Major Investments Worth $9 Million for her Brand Maison d’Angelann5.3.2021 11:52:00 EET | Press release
Following a series of successful market takeovers, Anna Chybisova takes another step towards success by securing another major investment for Maison D’angelann. The Gate Business Service, a private family office based out of the United Arab Emirates, has been announced as the latest investor to back Anna’s brand globally. After having invested $7 million late last year, Gate Business Service secures an additional $2 million worth of investment against a majority stake in Maison d’Angelann fashion brand. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210305005133/en/ Anna Chybisova, Fashion Designer & Owner, Maison d’Angelann (Photo: AETOSWire) Anna Chybisova’s designs and business acumen are the foremost reasons behind such heavy investments by the new partner. Reporting sales over $2 million within UAE alone and a sold-out Spring/Summer 2021 collection has strengthened the investor confidence. This growing success and custo
Xlife Sciences AG (XLS): Joint Venture With anfass Life Technologies5.3.2021 10:48:00 EET | Press release
Xlife Sciences AG and Solothurn-based anfass Life Technologies AG have entered a joint venture. Hence, the jointly founded Quadira Biosciences AG has access to the 3D CoSeedis(TM) technology platform of abc biopply ag. This unique 3D cell technology enables the replication of human tissue for reliable testing and characterization of antibodies without animal testing. Xlife's technology platform for the development of antibodies will be used even more efficiently. As of today, Xlife Sciences AG has already identified 30 compounds with blockbuster potential with its antibody screening platform. These therapeutic antibodies have already shown to be safe and effective in humans. Xlife can modify these antibodies with utmost accuracy and increase the quality of the active ingredient. These are mainly advanced, highly potent antibodies with higher cytotoxic activity and improved side effect profile for cancer therapy. The target market potential of the pre-selected antibodies is in the range
Moody’s Analytics Wins IFRS 9 Solution Provider of the Year5.3.2021 10:30:00 EET | Press release
Moody’s Analytics has won IFRS 9 Solution Provider of the Year in the 2021 Insurance Asset Risk Awards. It is the latest recognition for our capabilities in this space following wins for IFRS 9 – Enterprise Solution of the Year and IFRS 9 – ECL Modelling Solution of the Year at last year’s Risk Technology Awards. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210304006204/en/ Central to our offering for insurers is the ImpairmentStudio™ for IFRS 9 solution, a cloud-based platform that brings together our award-winning economic scenarios, data, models, and enterprise software. Financial institutions use it to automate the credit loss impairment calculations mandated by the new IFRS 9 accounting standard. For insurers, these new financial reporting requirements call for much more granular data than was previously needed. The Moody’s Analytics offering helps them access and use all of the required data while managing and monito
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom