Panasonic Automotive Exhibits at CES 2018
Panasonic Corporation showcased a new SUV that incorporates Panasonic's latest dual display system and head-up display ("HUD"), and three next-generation cockpit/cabin system concepts to meet vehicle advances expected over the next decade at CES 2018 from January 9 to 12 in Las Vegas.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180116005830/en/
Panasonic Smart Design Cockpit (Photo: Business Wire)
Panasonic has delivered its in-vehicle infotainment equipment to major global automakers for more than 65 years. Recently, there have been growing expectations for further evolution of such systems as vehicles undergo a paradigm shift towards a future with autonomous and electric vehicles. Infotainment systems are expected to play a more significant role than ever before in improving vehicle safety and comfort.
Panasonic will contribute to the evolution of the advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) by combining Panasonic Group's extensive consumer electronics technologies with in-vehicle technologies refined in the course of developing infotainment equipment.
[Smart Design Cockpit] (for ADAS Level 2/partial automated driving)
This system coordinates four multi-displays and enables each operator (driver or passenger), to select the content to be displayed on each screen. The gesture control function enables stress-free operation by accurately recognizing hand motions. The interior is made from resin-based special materials that provide the luxurious texture of wood, metal, and leather in particular.
• HMI Graphics Engine: This high-performance graphics engine controls four displays at the same time and efficiently presents information necessary for both the driver and passenger.
• Gesture Recognition: This gesture control function is able to recognize the motion of the palm and fingers without requiring the operator to touch the display, and steers content switching on the display. The dial volume control achieves excellent operability.
• Smart Material: These next-generation design materials have been developed using Panasonic's proprietary Film-in-Molding technology. This resin material is used to reproduce the real texture of wood, metal, and leather in particular. The backlit Smart Material can change colors to alert the driver, and can also be used as interior lighting to change the atmosphere of the cabin.
[Smart Vision Cockpit] (for ADAS Level 3/conditional automated driving)
The cockpit system enables its passengers a new exciting mobility experience while driving even in the automated driving mode, while enjoying a panoramic view. Both the driving mode and automated driving mode are selectable. An ultra-wide display, large-screen HUD, and driver monitoring system are used to ensure safety and enhance the joy of driving.
• Monitoring System: When the engine starts, both the status of the vehicle and health condition of the driver, are detected and displayed on the large-screen HUD.
• Panoramic Display: The display shows images from the rear-view and side-view cameras during driving to eliminate blind spots and assist in safe driving. The automated driving mode enables the driver to enjoy a 360° panoramic view projected on the display. The driver can readily check on children in the rear seat by changing the display mode.
• Drive Guide: When the driver changes the direction of sight, while looking at the outside views, the gaze detection system (driver monitoring system) automatically presents local sightseeing information on the large-screen HUD. If the driver finds a location to stop on the way, the route can be changed simply by tapping the navigation screen on the center display.
[Living Space Autonomous Cabin] (for ADAS Level 5/full automated driving)
The cabin concept is designed for a future vision of autonomous driving
by combining solutions and expertise for a better life, that have been
refined by Panasonic living space and automotive systems technologies.
A luxurious, modern, and high quality living space is created inside the vehicle. Panasonic proposes this next-generation cabin space in four styles: "Living Room," "Business," "Relax," and "Entertainment."
• Living Room Style: The comfort of the cabin space is equivalent to that of a home living room by providing a digital sunshade, seats and a cabin air conditioner equipped with an air quality controller, living room lighting, and an agent function achieved by AI and cloud connectivity.
• Business Style: A business space is created by swiveling the seat to help increase concentration. The cabin space also features an L-shaped display with a retractable storage function and videoconference system, among other devices.
• Relax Style: In this brand new sound space which features a multichannel surround system with 22 speakers, occupants can feel the sensation of music coming from all directions. A relaxing cabin space is created using images (side displays: 55 inches × 2, ceiling display: 77 inches), lighting, air conditioning, air quality improvement, and aromas.
• Entertainment Style: A cheerful and vibrant cabin space created by exciting music, images, lighting, and aromas.
At CES 2018, "Smart Design Cockpit" and "Smart Vision Cockpit" were exhibited in the Solutions Area, and "Living Space Autonomous Cabin" was exhibited in the Vision Area.
Panasonic Live@CES 2018 Microsite
Panasonic at CES 2018 Portal - videos, photos, news, etc.
Photos: CES 2018 Panasonic Booth
Panasonic Highlights 100th Anniversary, Future Vision at CES 2018
Panasonic Develops Scalable "ePowertrain" Platform for Small EVs
[Video] CES 2018 Panasonic Booth Highlights in 45sec
[Video] CES 2018 Press Conference Live Archive
Automotive & Industrial Systems Company - Panasonic
Panasonic Automotive Solutions
CES Official Website
Global Communications Department
Global PR Office
Click here to go to Media Contact form
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
IFF Recognized by SAM’s 2019 “Industry Mover” Sustainability Award16.2.2019 00:15:00 | Tiedote
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), was recognized for its sustainability efforts with the 2019 “Industry Mover” award from SAM, a subsidiary of RobecoSAM which specializes in providing environmental, social and governance (ESG) data, benchmarks and ratings. The recognition acknowledges the Company’s top-scoring performance in economic, social and environmental categories. “We are thrilled to receive this award from SAM,” said Andreas Fibig, IFF Chairman & CEO. “Our sustainability efforts are not only a key enabler of our overall strategy, but also a true passion here at IFF -- and we place it at the forefront of everything we do. It is deeply gratifying to have our work and our people recognized for doing the right thing for the planet.” SAM’s 2019 scoring is based on its 2018 Corporate Sustainability Assessment. Using a weighted methodology, SAM evaluates companies for criteria such as: codes of business conduct, ope
SFL: strong financial position and results in 2018, consolidating the Group’s position as a prime player15.2.2019 21:01:00 | Tiedote
Regulatory News: The financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2018 were approved by the Board of Directors of Société Foncière Lyonnaise (Paris:FLY) on 15 February 2019 at a meeting chaired by Juan José Brugera. 2018 business indicators were very robust, with further underlying growth in rental income and historically high EPRA earnings. The portfolio's appraisal value and the Company's net asset value also continued to grow, attesting to SFL’s excellent positioning. The auditors have completed their audit of the annual financial information and are in the process of issuing their report. Consolidated data (€ millions) 2018 2017 Change Rental income 193.5 195.8 -1.2% Adjusted operating profit* 162.1 164.1 -1.2% Attributable net profit 351.6 685.3 - EPRA earnings 106.7 102.4 +4.1% * Operating profit before disposal gains and losses and fair value adjustments 31/12/2018 31/12/2017 Change Attributable equity 4,010 3,763 +6.6% Consolidated portfolio value excluding transfer cost
5 Happening Cultural Destinations to Visit in 201915.2.2019 13:11:00 | Tiedote
Hong Kong There’s never really a sleepy year to visit Hong Kong, but 2019 is particularly ripe for visitors. Spearheaded by the dynamic entrepreneur Adrian Cheng of K11 and New World Development, the rejuvenation of Tsim Sha Tsui harbourfront is just the starting point. The city’s iconic harbourside walkway, Avenue of Stars, has just received a much-awaited makeover that’s the brainchild of Cheng and visually conceived by James Corner, the landscape architect responsible for the High Line in New York. It sees the addition of design-driven rest areas, kiosks featuring homegrown brands, hand prints from Asian film stars and interactive digital elements. Featuring Hong Kong’s first wave energy demonstrator that produces electricity for the Avenue, the place is turned into one of the most sustainable promenades in Hong Kong. This is just one part of Cheng and his company’s grander urban revitalisation plan, Victoria Dockside, a new art and design district which will fully open in the third
ISAE-SUPAERO Launches a New MOOC about Flight Mechanics15.2.2019 12:36:00 | Tiedote
"ABC of Flight Mechanics: How Do Planes Fly?": a MOOC dedicated to flight mechanics. The notion of flight often defies our human terrestrial instincts. How does an airplane fly? How can a pilot maintain control? How high in the sky can an aircraft climb? How does a fighter pilot fly while spinning? This online course (available in English) will cover many topics, such as atmospheric physics and Newton's laws applied to aircraft, as well as propulsion forces and longitudinal stability the question of traction. The MOOC "ABC of Flight Mechanics" is aimed at general public with a specific level of scientific knowledge. Nevertheless, various levels of learning are available, thus it allows all students to take the course without needing to plenty understand the mathematical principles. Undergraduate students in aerospace engineering, trainees as well as novice and experienced pilots, journalists and professionals in the aeronautics domain (business, engineering, marketing, communications,
REPLY: Red Reply Wins the Oracle “Partner of the Year Autonomous” Award15.2.2019 12:30:00 | Tiedote
Red Reply, the Reply group company that specialises in the Oracle Cloud IaaS and PaaS platform has been named as Oracle “Partner of the Year: Autonomous.” The award recognises Red Reply for its work as an Oracle Cloud Managed Service Provider Partner in developing highly innovative projects using the Oracle Autonomous Database technology. Red Reply has launched a project aimed at re-engineering the Policy Enterprise DataWarehouse of Verti Assicurazioni, company operating in the online insurance sector, using the Oracle Cloud Autonomous DataWarehouse service. The Autonomous DataWarehouse is a cloud-based database that uses machine learning to eliminate manual labour in operations such as tuning, security, backups, updates and other routine activities. This selected Oracle solution is the only one of its kind capable of addressing aspects such as security, performance and high availability of data, using automatic update and tuning mechanisms, while maximising the protection of data in l
Posiflex showcases new Interactive Self-Service Kiosks and IoT Retail Product Innovations at EuroCIS 201915.2.2019 11:00:00 | Tiedote
The Posiflex Group — a synergy of world-leading POS, kiosk, and industrial computing technologies — will introduce its full product portfolio and latest innovations at EuroCIS, the leading trade fair for retail technology, from February 19th – 21st in Düsseldorf. With a product strategy focus on serviced IoT, the Posiflex Group will be displaying smart and connected retail solutions with fully-integrated middleware, RMS (Remote Monitoring System) and hardware. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190215005008/en/ Posiflex at EuroCIS Hall 9 / C42 (Graphic: Business Wire) “I am excited to introduce the Posiflex Group portfolio to the European market,” says Hans Peter Nüdling, the newly appointed Chief Strategy Officer for the Posiflex Group. “The Posiflex Group references the collective brands of the corporation, including Posiflex, Portwell and KIOSK Information Systems (KIOSK) – all under one corporate umbrella. As
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme