Panasonic Automotive Exhibits at CES 2018
Panasonic Corporation showcased a new SUV that incorporates Panasonic's latest dual display system and head-up display ("HUD"), and three next-generation cockpit/cabin system concepts to meet vehicle advances expected over the next decade at CES 2018 from January 9 to 12 in Las Vegas.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180116005830/en/
Panasonic Smart Design Cockpit (Photo: Business Wire)
Panasonic has delivered its in-vehicle infotainment equipment to major global automakers for more than 65 years. Recently, there have been growing expectations for further evolution of such systems as vehicles undergo a paradigm shift towards a future with autonomous and electric vehicles. Infotainment systems are expected to play a more significant role than ever before in improving vehicle safety and comfort.
Panasonic will contribute to the evolution of the advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) by combining Panasonic Group's extensive consumer electronics technologies with in-vehicle technologies refined in the course of developing infotainment equipment.
[Smart Design Cockpit] (for ADAS Level 2/partial automated driving)
This system coordinates four multi-displays and enables each operator (driver or passenger), to select the content to be displayed on each screen. The gesture control function enables stress-free operation by accurately recognizing hand motions. The interior is made from resin-based special materials that provide the luxurious texture of wood, metal, and leather in particular.
• HMI Graphics Engine: This high-performance graphics engine controls four displays at the same time and efficiently presents information necessary for both the driver and passenger.
• Gesture Recognition: This gesture control function is able to recognize the motion of the palm and fingers without requiring the operator to touch the display, and steers content switching on the display. The dial volume control achieves excellent operability.
• Smart Material: These next-generation design materials have been developed using Panasonic's proprietary Film-in-Molding technology. This resin material is used to reproduce the real texture of wood, metal, and leather in particular. The backlit Smart Material can change colors to alert the driver, and can also be used as interior lighting to change the atmosphere of the cabin.
[Smart Vision Cockpit] (for ADAS Level 3/conditional automated driving)
The cockpit system enables its passengers a new exciting mobility experience while driving even in the automated driving mode, while enjoying a panoramic view. Both the driving mode and automated driving mode are selectable. An ultra-wide display, large-screen HUD, and driver monitoring system are used to ensure safety and enhance the joy of driving.
• Monitoring System: When the engine starts, both the status of the vehicle and health condition of the driver, are detected and displayed on the large-screen HUD.
• Panoramic Display: The display shows images from the rear-view and side-view cameras during driving to eliminate blind spots and assist in safe driving. The automated driving mode enables the driver to enjoy a 360° panoramic view projected on the display. The driver can readily check on children in the rear seat by changing the display mode.
• Drive Guide: When the driver changes the direction of sight, while looking at the outside views, the gaze detection system (driver monitoring system) automatically presents local sightseeing information on the large-screen HUD. If the driver finds a location to stop on the way, the route can be changed simply by tapping the navigation screen on the center display.
[Living Space Autonomous Cabin] (for ADAS Level 5/full automated driving)
The cabin concept is designed for a future vision of autonomous driving
by combining solutions and expertise for a better life, that have been
refined by Panasonic living space and automotive systems technologies.
A luxurious, modern, and high quality living space is created inside the vehicle. Panasonic proposes this next-generation cabin space in four styles: "Living Room," "Business," "Relax," and "Entertainment."
• Living Room Style: The comfort of the cabin space is equivalent to that of a home living room by providing a digital sunshade, seats and a cabin air conditioner equipped with an air quality controller, living room lighting, and an agent function achieved by AI and cloud connectivity.
• Business Style: A business space is created by swiveling the seat to help increase concentration. The cabin space also features an L-shaped display with a retractable storage function and videoconference system, among other devices.
• Relax Style: In this brand new sound space which features a multichannel surround system with 22 speakers, occupants can feel the sensation of music coming from all directions. A relaxing cabin space is created using images (side displays: 55 inches × 2, ceiling display: 77 inches), lighting, air conditioning, air quality improvement, and aromas.
• Entertainment Style: A cheerful and vibrant cabin space created by exciting music, images, lighting, and aromas.
At CES 2018, "Smart Design Cockpit" and "Smart Vision Cockpit" were exhibited in the Solutions Area, and "Living Space Autonomous Cabin" was exhibited in the Vision Area.
Panasonic Live@CES 2018 Microsite
Panasonic at CES 2018 Portal - videos, photos, news, etc.
Photos: CES 2018 Panasonic Booth
Panasonic Highlights 100th Anniversary, Future Vision at CES 2018
Panasonic Develops Scalable "ePowertrain" Platform for Small EVs
[Video] CES 2018 Panasonic Booth Highlights in 45sec
[Video] CES 2018 Press Conference Live Archive
Automotive & Industrial Systems Company - Panasonic
Panasonic Automotive Solutions
CES Official Website
Global Communications Department
Global PR Office
Click here to go to Media Contact form
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Octapharma Share Promising Preclinical Data for SubQ-8, a Novel Subcutaneous Recombinant FVIII, at WFH 201828.5.2018 10:58 | Tiedote
Octapharma announced today that pre-clinical data for SubQ-8 were presented during a symposium at the recent World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) 2018 World Congress in Glasgow, UK. SubQ-8, currently under development, is a recombinant FVIII from a human cell line for subcutaneous administration. SubQ-8 is based on Octapharma’s human cell line-derived rFVIII product simoctocog alpha combined with a fragment of the von Willebrand Factor (VWF) protein, and harnesses the protective power of VWF in an innovative approach to facilitate transportation of FVIII into the circulation. Regular intravenous administration of FVIII poses a considerable burden to people with haemophilia A and their families. Alternative routes of administration may help to alleviate some of this burden and improve adherence to prophylaxis therapy. This symposium, entitled ‘Taking FVIII into the future: The development of subcutaneous recombinant human FVIII for the treatment of haemophilia A’, reviewed the challenge
Octapharma present new data on the benefits of Nuwiq® in patients with haemophilia A at the World Federation of Hemophilia 2018 World Congress28.5.2018 10:57 | Tiedote
Octapharma announced today that new data on the benefits of Nuwiq® in patients with haemophilia A were presented during a symposium at the recent World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) 2018 World Congress in Glasgow, UK. Nuwiq® is a 4th generation human cell line-derived recombinant FVIII (rFVIII) approved for the prevention and treatment of bleeding episodes in patients of all ages with haemophilia A. The symposium, entitled ‘Going further to meet clinical needs: New data with Nuwiq ® ▼ (simoctocog alfa; human-cl rFVIII) from clinical trials and real-world experience’, focused on the challenges within the current haemophilia treatment landscape and opportunities to improve patient care. The symposium, chaired by Craig Kessler, addressed the reality that no two haemophilia A patients are the same. An optimal treatment approach should therefore reflect each individual patient’s profile. Striving towards this goal, two approaches to using pharmacokinetic (PK) data to personalise prophylaxi
Gemalto Announces Collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies to Integrate eSIM Innovation into the Snapdragon Mobile PC Platform28.5.2018 08:00 | Tiedote
Gemalto announces a new collaboration that will see its advanced mobile connectivity solutions integrated with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ mobile PC platform, a product by Qualcomm Technologies Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. This paves the way for iSIM commercialization on a growing range of Always Connected PCs, laptops and tablets. The effort will support the integration of Gemalto’s eSIM technology and remote subscription management solutions, with the new Secure Processing Unit (SPU) on the Snapdragon mobile PC platform. As a result, this innovation will provide seamless LTE and forthcoming 5G connection, extended battery life, and a foundation for consumer applications such as online payments, transport ticketing and authentication to cloud services. This initiative represents the first time an eSIM will be integrated with processing platforms designed to power Always Connected PCs and similar consumer devices. Providing benefits for industry players: OEMs optimize their b
CES Asia 2018 Announces Innovation Award Honorees27.5.2018 23:00 | Tiedote
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) today announced its Innovation Awards Honorees for CES Asia 2018. Now in its second year, the CES Asia Innovation Awards Program celebrates outstanding product design and engineering in brand-new consumer technology products from CES Asia exhibitors. The program recognizes groundbreaking technologies across 20 product categories, including first-time category artificial intelligence (AI) located primarily in SNIEC, Hall N3 at CES Asia 2018. Additional areas of recognition include augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), content, mobile, vehicle tech, smart home, digital health, wearables and more. CES Asia is a global show with exhibiting companies originating from 23 countries, regions and territories. An elite panel of judges with industry expertise in product design and engineering deliberated on the honorees for this prestigious awards program. The honored products excelled in five criteria: engineering, aesthetics, function and user v
FCF: Greenpeace Allegations Unfair and Deceptive26.5.2018 21:02 | Tiedote
FCF Fishery, Co. President Max Chou today released the following statement regarding recent misleading Greenpeace human rights abuse allegations made against the company: “We realize that as one of the world’s largest marine products integrated supply chain service providers with more than 30 subsidiaries, fishing bases, and shipping agents around the world, we are a prime target for organizations seeking to garner publicity and those not fully aware of the latest development and improvements that are currently taking place in the fishery industry. However, in their efforts to curb egregious human rights abuses, we believe it is unfair and deceptive to lump our company in with those who condone cruelty and neglect of their laborers. “Although we recognize the meaningful work of Greenpeace in exposing and eliminating human trafficking and sustainability abuses, we are equally disappointed that they are implicating FCF in old incidents and cases that have since been in all instances addr
NBC Universal, Havas Group and Endemol Shine Discuss a Future with AI, Blockchain and VR at IBC201825.5.2018 21:20 | Tiedote
As is fitting for the home of technical invention and innovation, IBC2018 will present a broad range of ambitious and timely elements to engage, inform and inspire content creators and owners from around the world that will visit the RAI, Amsterdam from 13-18 September 2018. The must-attend event includes fresh inspiring conference themes that will focus on innovative new platforms, audience engagement and interaction/immersion, as well as a wide-ranging exhibition that will encompass all the latest technologies from AI and VR to advanced cloud-based workflows. Registration for IBC2018 is now open at: https://ibc.itnint.com/IBC18/Online/RegLogin.aspx “The media landscape is evolving at an unprecedented rate, with new platforms, technologies and even new realities at our disposal that offer greater opportunities for content innovation and audience engagement,” said Michael Crimp, CEO, IBC. “IBC is preparing an outstanding programme of conference sessions, forums and exhibition features
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme