Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Fantastec Joins Forces with Arsenal FC Launching Official Blockchain Collectibles App22.2.2019 17:30:00 | Tiedote
Fantastec announced today its first football licensing agreement with Premier League club Arsenal FC for a new blockchain authenticated collectibles app called Fantastec SWAP. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005277/en/ Arsenal players appear on Fantastec SWAP in official licensing deal (Graphic: Business Wire) London-based Fantastec is a leading sports fan technology innovator, and its blockchain based ‘SWAP’ app will have broad appeal to global sports fans, gamers and sports card collectors alike. Fantastec SWAP unlocks unique and authentic club content through the app, like player autographs and exclusive footage. With its innovative blockchain technology, fans around the world can now discover, collect and swap officially licensed club collectibles with other fans with complete trust. “Fantastec SWAP is a game-changer for international football fans as well the sports collectibles industry,” commented
Volkswagen Protects Virtual Key Sharing App with Trustonic Application Protection22.2.2019 16:42:00 | Tiedote
Volkswagen is working with mobile cyber security leader Trustonic to enable customers to use smartphones to access their vehicles, and to securely share their digital car keys to grant access to others via a smartphone app. Volkswagen is using the Trustonic Application Protection (TAP) platform to secure the mobile app and ensure that sensitive information and key transfer requests are securely displayed to, and approved by, a real authenticated user on a trusted device and not by hackers or malware simulating a user or device. “The smartphone is becoming the vehicle key of the future and our We Connect service is the interface for this today in the new Volkswagen Passat,” comments Alf Pollex, Head of Infotainment and Connected Car at Volkswagen AG. “The user installs the We Connect app on their smartphone which is then authorized via the infotainment system with a Transaction Number. The Mobile Key will be compatible with Android-based Samsung devices. No mobile network connection is
Mundipharma EDO GmbH: US FDA grants Orphan Drug Designation for etoposide toniribate in relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer22.2.2019 16:30:00 | Tiedote
Mundipharma EDO GmbH, part of the Mundipharma network of independent associated companies, and Imbrium Therapeutics L.P., an operating subsidiary of Purdue Pharma L.P., today announced that the US FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) to etoposide toniribate for the treatment of relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer, also known as cholangiocarcinoma.3 This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005126/en/ Biliary tract cancer is a rare tumour with approximately 8,000 patients diagnosed in the US every year and 10,571 in Europe.4,5 The FDA grants ODD status to medicines intended for the treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases or disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the US. Radical surgery is the only curative treatment for biliary tract cancer but, in most cases, the cancer is inoperable. Patients who fail first-line chemotherapy have limited treatment options and the standard of
Lenovo Data Center Group Delivers Broad Edge Computing Portfolio, Expands Investments in IoT22.2.2019 16:13:00 | Tiedote
Next week at MWC Barcelona, Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) will showcase continued investments in its solutions supporting IoT and edge computing as part of its IoT growth plan over the next few years. Building on the momentum of its fifth consecutive quarter of profit growth, Lenovo DCG is building a portfolio that takes infrastructure to where the data is, whether that be in the traditional data center, in the cloud or increasingly, at the edge. Today, around 10 percent of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. By 2022, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75 percent. This migration is driving increased concerns around data privacy, security and regulations coupled with challenges of latency, bandwidth and downtime. Lenovo is addressing these challenges by creating a broad portfolio of edge computing offerings that address the different ways that customers want to deploy edge computing solutions for IoT use cases.
Entrust Datacard to Acquire Market-Leading General Purpose Hardware Security Module Business from Thales22.2.2019 12:47:00 | Tiedote
Entrust Datacard, a leading provider of trusted identity and secure issuance technology solutions, today announced that the company has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Thales’s market-leading General Purpose Hardware Security Module (GP HSM) business, nCipher Security, which has been operating as a separate stand-alone business within Thales since January 2019. Thales is divesting its nCipher GP HSM business, in accordance with Regulatory Clearances necessary to complete Thales’s forthcoming and previously-announced acquisition of Gemalto and to ensure a strong competitive market leader in the HSM market. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005135/en/ General Purpose HSMs are a core component of Entrust Datacard’s solutions and are an underlying part of the security infrastructure of the company’s public key infrastructure (PKI) and secure socket layer (SSL) offerings. The acquisition will allow the
Turkcell and US RAN Vendor Airspan Are Laying the Foundation for 5G with an Ultra-Dense AirDensity Network to Support Turkey’s Digital Transformation22.2.2019 12:06:00 | Tiedote
Turkcell and Airspan announce the first deployment of AirDensity to deliver coverage and capacity to the most constrained indoor locations in Turkey as well as extending coverage to rural areas and enabling development of next generation solutions including Drone-based flying cells. AirDensity is based on the multi-award-winning AirUnity platform and part of the Airspan network densification portfolio that counts approximately half a million 4G cells deployed world-wide. This is further proof of the progress of the Feb 23, 2017 strategic cooperation announcement between Turkcell and Airspan. Airspan supports the ‘Made in Turkey’ 5G consortium with an R&D center in the Istanbul Technopark and provides regional support for Airspan’s deployments. Turkcell is deploying AirDensity is the innovative all-wireless small cell to deliver world class user experience to its residential and enterprise customers, develop innovative vertical applications and remain Turkey’s leading digital operator.
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme