Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Axonics® Announces Full Exercise of Underwriters’ Option to Purchase Additional Shares19.11.2018 19:30 | Tiedote
Axonics Modulation Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXNX) (“Axonics”), a medical technology company focused on the design, development and commercialization of innovative and minimally invasive sacral neuromodulation (“SNM”) solutions for the treatment of overactive bladder (“OAB”), fecal incontinence (“FI”), and urinary retention (“UR”), today announced that the underwriters of its initial public offering exercised in full their option to purchase an additional 1,200,000 shares of common stock from Axonics at the initial public offering price of $15.00 per share, less underwriting discounts and commissions. With this exercise, the total number of shares of common stock sold by Axonics in the offering increased to 9,200,000 shares, representing total gross proceeds of $138 million, before underwriting discounts and commissions and offering expenses. Axonics’ common stock began trading on The Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “AXNX” on October 31, 2018. BofA Merrill Lynch a
Jefferies Appoints Fred Jallot Head of Fixed Income in Europe19.11.2018 17:52 | Tiedote
Jefferies today announced the appointment of Fred Jallot as Head of Fixed Income, Europe. He will be based in the firm’s London office starting January 2, 2019 and will report to Fred Orlan, Global Head of Fixed Income at Jefferies. Tim Cronin, who has also served as Head of Fixed Income, Europe, will relinquish this role and continue to serve as President of Jefferies International Limited, Jefferies’ London-based subsidiary. “We are very excited to have Fred Jallot join Jefferies’ leading global fixed income platform,” commented Mr. Orlan. “As a broadly experienced professional in global fixed income, his relationships and leadership will further enhance Jefferies’ growth in this market. This senior hire is an example of Jefferies’ emphasis on enhancing our firm’s European capabilities to serve our regional and global client base,” he added. Mr. Jallot was most recently Global Head of Credit and Asset-Backed Securities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa at Nomura, and previously s
From Niche to Normal – Cannabis Use Becoming More Accepted in the United States19.11.2018 17:47 | Tiedote
Growing numbers of consumers support the legalization of cannabis in some form and a majority believes it has a positive impact on the economy, according to the newly released 2018 Fall Cannabis Culture Poll, developed jointly by leading global communications agency BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), PSB Research and Civilized, a premium media and lifestyle brand that embraces and highlights modern cannabis culture. A full 83 percent of the poll’s respondents (U.S. adults, cannabis consumers and non-consumers) say they support some form of legalization of cannabis. Sixty-three percent of non-consumers, and 95 percent of cannabis consumers, say legalization has had a positive economic effect on the states where use has been made legal. PSB Research, in partnership with BCW and Civilized, conducted online interviews between September 26 and October 4, 2018 with 1,200 U.S. adults aged 21 and older to explore views on cannabis and its usage and to determine general habits and behaviors of those wh
FRISS: Insurance Carriers Prioritize Fraud Detection and Prevention19.11.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
Insurance fraud is a global problem. In the U.S. alone, insurance carriers lost over $34 billion in 2017 on fraudulent insurance claims. It’s a global problem with a growing number of technological solutions. Big data analysis and large-scale collaboration are key to fighting insurance fraud. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181119005015/en/ Insurance Fraud Report by FRISS (Graphic: Business Wire) The insurance industry is increasingly focused on preventing fraud through innovative systems, relying on the assistance of specialized vendors to help accomplish the task. The burden of detecting and reducing fraud, therefore, no longer lies with the individual insurer. The 2018 FRISS Insurance Fraud Survey reached over 150 industry professionals and shows a clear picture of the current awareness and challenges of fraud detection and mitigation. Key survey findings show: Increased focus on data quality The quality of
BOC Group´s ADOIT Receives the Highest Score in “Rearchitecting the Enterprise for Transformation” Use Case in Gartner’s 2018 Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Architecture Tools19.11.2018 15:04 | Tiedote
BOC Group, the leading global provider of Enterprise Management Solutions, is pleased to share its recognition in Gartner’s latest Critical Capabilities Report for Enterprise Architecture Tools*. ADOIT scores within the two highest across all three use cases, while scoring the highest out of eleven tools in “Rearchitecting the Enterprise for Transformation” use case. Christoph Moser, ADOIT product manager comments: "It is satisfying to be recognized by Gartner for our capabilities, which we are certain is due to our unique value proposition and holistic offering. We believe that our scores in this year's Gartner Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Architecture Tools report demonstrate our strength, innovation and continued investment in the agility, flexibility and versatility of our EA portfolio”. The Business Transformation Suite ADOIT supports customers worldwide in the digital transformation of their enterprise, facilitates alignment of their business and IT, and helps generate va
Chubu Centrair International Airport Has Been Ranked 5-Star Airport for Second Time19.11.2018 14:19 | Tiedote
Chubu Centrair International Airport has been ranked for the second consecutive year as a 5-star Airport*1, the world highest airport rank, in the Regional Airport*2 category. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181119005317/en/ In order to reply to the diversifying needs of the increasing international travellers, Chubu Centrair International Airport is aiming to become an easier to use and a more comfortable airport. In SKYTRAX’s*3 survey, which includes over 500 airport evaluation categories, Chubu Centrair International Airport has ranked specially high in “Airport staff service” and ”Airport cleanness” among other airports. In addition, Chubu Centrair International Airport has been also awarded in SKYTRAX’s “World Airport Awards”, an international airport rating based on client service, as “The World’s Best Regional Airport” (for 4th consecutive year since 2015) and ”Best Regional Airport-Asia” (for 8th conse
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme