Shopify Announces Largest-Ever Collection of New Technologies to Advance Commerce
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP)(TSX:SHOP), the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Unite, their annual conference that brings together their international developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180508006118/en/
Tap & Chip Reader (Photo: Business Wire)
"We want to give a voice to all kinds of entrepreneurs around the world,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. “And that means making it easier for them to run a business and become successful. Unite is when we show the world our progress on this journey, and invite our developer and partner community to join us."
Product announcements focused on helping entrepreneurs in three key areas – selling more, working more efficiently, and making the most of the Shopify partner ecosystem.
Retail is not dead, it’s changing: making retail accessible to every merchant supports a thriving economy.
- Shopify POS is receiving significant upgrades for retail stores, including multi-channel returns and exchanges, in-store pickup, tipping options, a companion app for a customer-facing checkout experience, and a developer SDK.
- Introducing a brand new, premium Tap & Chip Reader to transform the in-store shopping experience by accepting all major contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Retail specific features will be bundled with the standard Shopify Plan and above at no extra cost.
- The first-ever Shopify space is opening in 2018 to be a place retailers can visit to help grow their business. This space will be a permanent hub for the best of Shopify’s products, services, and new technology, and a source of support, inspiration, and education for retailers.
Marketing simplification: reducing the complexity of marketing to help business owners sell more.
- Announcing a new Marketing section in the Shopify dashboard that enables merchants to create, run, and measure all marketing campaigns using their favorite Shopify apps. Merchants will also receive detailed and actionable marketing recommendations, personalized for their products and store.
- Easy to use Buy One Get One (BOGO) & Quantity discounts join our growing list of promotional tools that allow retailers to apply discounts and incentives based on number of items purchased.
- Dynamic Checkout surfaces the consumer’s preferred payment method directly on the product page and allows transactions to happen with a single tap using Shopify Pay, Apple Pay, and many more wallets.
Redefining how work gets done: automating and simplifying the back office workflows.
- Locations, a new feature that allows retailers to manage inventory across multiple locations, creating a more streamlined fulfilment experience.
- Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments provides opt-in protection for orders processed via Shopify Payments against fraudulent chargebacks, allowing retailers to fulfill more orders with fewer delays.
- Starting this summer, all Shopify partners and developers will be able to teach Kit new skills, giving merchants access to support beyond marketing via Kit Skills .
- Shopify Ping , a brand new app designed to streamline and centralize business conversations and marketing activities. Shopify Ping will come with Kit, a virtual employee for our merchants, to help grow their businesses by planning, creating, and managing their marketing.
- Launching a beta program that offers native language capabilities for merchants in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Italian.
- Introducing local payment options , allowing customers to pay using country-specific cashless payment methods, in addition to popular credit card and mobile payment options.
Powered by Partners: Shopify’s extended ecosystem is changing the face of retail.
- Shopify Services Marketplace will bring Partners and merchants closer together in a one-stop shop that allows merchants to access Partner expertise like website design, marketing, photography and more.
- The new Shopify App Store prioritizes discovery and generates personalized recommendations, enabling entrepreneurs to make better and faster decisions for their businesses.
- The entirety of the admin API will be GraphQL-powered, allowing Partners to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps.
- Connectors for Shopify Flow enable any app to create proprietary triggers and actions to start and end automated workflows.
For more information, please visit https://unite.shopify.com/press.
Unite is Shopify’s annual commerce technology conference, bringing together the international developer community to celebrate shared accomplishments, forge new connections, and ignite the future of commerce. Unite provides partners with insight into the Shopify product roadmap, helping them focus their efforts on solving complex problems for today’s entrepreneurs. This year, partners and developers will learn more about the future of retail, the expansion of partner opportunities, and innovative new ways Shopify is powering entrepreneurs to make commerce better for everyone.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions and no assurance can be given that the launches will occur as and when planned. Shopify undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Public Relations Manager
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
AbuDhabi Dubai STOB Series 22 Investment Enters into Favorable Tender Offer Agreement with MINDOL HOLDINGS21.9.2018 04:00 | Tiedote
AbuDhabi Dubai STOB Series 22 Investment Limited Partnership, hereafter AbuDhabi22, and MINDOL HOLDINGS LIMITED, hereafter MINDOL, listed on the Hong Kong-based Coinsuper exchange (https://www.coinsuper.com) have reached an agreement where AbuDhabi22 will acquire the minimum 33.3 percent holding for the MINDOL cryptocurrency (MIN, https://mindol.net) to be issued by MINDOL, via a tender offer (TOB). Implementation of the TOB will serve to strengthen the strategic partnership with MINDOL. Both companies expect that the AbuDhabi22 bid will greatly exceed any bids made via ordinary exchange channels. With a bid offering at a stable price, the TOB method was chosen for its strategic worth. The MINDOL business vision for 2019 sets a target for its cryptocurrency, from among the more than 2,000 types of cryptocurrencies currently available, to have a top-30 market capitalization. As a business that focuses on "the fusion of subculture and blockchain," they will develop an online game that ta
Afton Chemical’s S$380 Million Phase II Expansion of Its Jurong Island Plant is Now Complete20.9.2018 23:30 | Tiedote
Afton Chemical Corporation, a global leader in the lubricant and fuel additive market, today announced the completion of the Phase II expansion of its Chemical Additive Manufacturing Facility in Jurong Island, Singapore. This milestone was marked by a special visit from Singapore’s Minister for Trade & Industry Mr. Chan Chun Sing, who also made a speech and toured the facility. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180920005903/en/ Afton Chemical Corporation – Singapore Chemical Additive Manufacturing Facility Phase II Expansion (Photo: Business Wire) As a wholly owned subsidiary of NewMarket Corporation (NYSE: NEU), Afton has been a leading player in the lubricant and fuel additive marketplace for over 90 years. The company was founded on a Passion for Solutions® and has maintained a focus on customizing commercial and industrial solutions that meet customer needs. Afton begun its Singapore manufacturing operations
IFF Announces Pricing of €1,100,000,000 Senior Notes Offering20.9.2018 23:15 | Tiedote
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF), a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world, today announced that it has priced its public offering of €300,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 0.500% senior notes due 2021 and €800,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 1.800% senior notes due 2026. IFF intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to pay a portion of the consideration for the previously announced merger with Frutarom Industries Ltd. and to pay related fees and expenses. IFF anticipates that the offering will close on September 25, 2018, subject to customary closing conditions. The offering is not contingent upon the consummation of the merger. If the closing of the merger has not occurred on or prior to February 7, 2019, or, if prior to such date, the merger agreement with Frutarom is terminated, IFF will be required to redeem all of the notes on the special mandatory redemption date at a redem
Pierre Fabre Receives EU Approval for BRAFTOVI® (encorafenib) + MEKTOVI® (binimetinib) in Adult Patients with Advanced BRAF-Mutant Melanoma20.9.2018 20:21 | Tiedote
Pierre Fabre today announced that the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorisation for the combination of BRAFTOVI® (encorafenib) and MEKTOVI® (binimetinib) for the treatment of adult patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma with a BRAF V600 mutation, as detected by a validated test.1,2 The EC decision is applicable to all 28 European Union (EU) member states plus Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway. "We are extremely pleased that European patients with advanced BRAF-mutant melanoma will now have the combination of BRAFTOVI and MEKTOVI as a new treatment option”, said Frédéric Duchesne, President & CEO of the Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals Division. “All of us at Pierre Fabre are driven to make a real difference for patients. Bringing more than 30 years of oncology experience and our heritage in dermatology to our partnership with Array BioPharma, we have been able to harness our expertise in order to help men and women living with this devastating disease. Today’s
Clothesource Report Shows Retail Sales Aren’t Falling or Moving Online: Management’s Let Itself Get Misguided20.9.2018 20:19 | Tiedote
According to a new Clothesource report, “The Emperors’ Clothes” retail sales aren’t falling, and they’re not leaving physical stores. Both the UK’s Office of National Statistics and the US Bureau of the Census report higher retail sales than ever – with sales in physical stores still growing every year. Retailers just need to rely on their own customer understanding, recapture their self-confidence, and rediscover their traditional frugality. Among recent front-page stories have been Sears in the US hinting it’s about to go under and profits at Britain’s John Lewis falling 99%. But the well run clothing retailers are prospering. Primark goes from strength to strength: the biggest clothing specialists on either side of the Atlantic (Inditex and TJX) have just upped their sales and profit forecasts. So it’s not about consumer purchasing: The main problem lies with management, says Clothesource CEO Mike Flanagan in a new report “The Emperors’ Clothes”. They’ve lost touch with their custom
BCW Names Latin America Market Leaders20.9.2018 19:23 | Tiedote
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), a leading global communications agency, today announced the appointment of market leaders in Latin America who will be responsible for business growth, client satisfaction and talent development. All market leaders report to Francisco Carvalho, President, Latin America, BCW. “BCW has a dominant presence in Latin America, thanks to Burson-Marsteller’s 40-year-history and expansive footprint across the region and Cohn & Wolfe’s strength in Brazil and Mexico,” said Carvalho. “This team has unmatched market knowledge, strong client relationships and deep commitment to talent, all of which is critical for our continued success in the region. Those strengths, together with our industry-leading expertise in delivering digitally driven integrated communications programs, make BCW a powerful partner for our clients.” All of BCW’s Latin America market leaders have been drawn from the legacy Burson-Marsteller organization and had been leading their respective markets, e
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme