Shopify Unveils New Innovations to Transform Commerce for Merchants and Consumers Globally
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP) (TSX:SHOP), the leading multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Shopify Unite, the annual conference that brings together the company’s global partner and developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190619005550/en/
Shopify Fulfillment Network (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Shopify’s real power comes from the variety and strength of our ecosystem,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. "Unite gives our developer and partner community access to our product roadmap. Together, and only together, we can shape the future of commerce and empower entrepreneurs around the world.”
This year, Shopify is transforming commerce by announcing platform enhancements and updates focused on giving direct-to-consumer brands everything they need to build and manage a business. Shopify’s innovations include a newly updated Shopify Plus platform for enterprise brands, more global capabilities, and for the first time, Shopify is expanding its offering with a fulfillment network that will allow merchants of all sizes to deliver their products fast and at a low cost.
- Shopify Fulfillment Network , available now for early access, will provide U.S. merchants with a network of distributed fulfillment centers, and uses machine learning to ensure timely deliveries and lower shipping costs, putting their brand and customer experience front and center.
- The all-new Shopify Plus provides a single view of a merchant’s entire business, tools that facilitate a consistent experience across stores, and an easier-than-ever way to create new stores, empowering enterprise merchants to move fast, build with the customer in mind, and unlock growth potential.
- The new Shopify POS will be faster, more intuitive, and more scalable point of sale software, providing retailers with a simple interface, new customer service shortcuts, and access to all of Shopify’s POS app extensions.
- Introducing 11 new language capabilities , now available in the Shopify Admin globally, including Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Malay, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean and Thai.
- Shopify’s Translations API will store translated buyer-facing content including products, collections, and blog posts, enabling merchants to provide the same consistent shopping experience in multiple languages.
- With Shopify Payments, all merchants can now sell in multiple currencies and get paid in their local currency.
- The new online store design experience makes it even easier for merchants to customize the look and feel of their store to meet the evolving expectations of shoppers, without editing the code.
- Introducing the ability to display products in video and 3D models right within Shopify, unlocking new possibilities for merchants to deliver the in-store experience online by bringing products to life.
- Partners can now integrate subscription payments solutions directly into Shopify’s checkout.
- Shopify’s most popular libraries will be available in GraphQL , allowing developers to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps for merchants.
- With the Shopify App CLI (command-line interface) , developers can now wrap all their app building steps into one command, scaffolding an app within seconds.
- Shopify App Bridge is a new, consolidated tool that enables developers to embed their apps directly into Shopify, including desktop, Shopify Mobile, and Shopify POS, creating a seamless user experience for merchants.
Introducing new back office shipping features to help merchants sell more, better manage their order process, and improve customer experiences
- New shipping features make it possible for merchants to set specific shipping rules and pricing for different products, and create automatic and more accurate visibility throughout the fulfillment process, including any activity happening in third-party apps and services.
For more information, please visit https://news.shopify.com/.
Shopify is the leading multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 800,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Unilever, Kylie Cosmetics, Allbirds, MVMT, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings, the capabilities of those products and the impact of those products and services on merchants’ businesses. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions
Director of Communications
416-238-6705 x 302
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
IFF to Release Third Quarter 2019 Results November 417.10.2019 23:15:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), a leading innovator of taste, scent, and nutrition, announced that it will release its third quarter 2019 earnings results following the market close on Monday, November 4, 2019. The management team will host a live webcast on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss results and outlook with the investor community. Investors may access the live webcast and accompanying slide presentation on the Company's website at ir.iff.com. For those unable to listen to the live webcast, a recorded version will be made available for replay. Welcome to IFF At IFF (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), we’re using Uncommon Sense to create what the world needs. As a collective of unconventional thinkers and creators, we put science and artistry to work to create unique and unexpected scents, tastes, experiences and ingredients for the products our world craves. Learn more at iff.co
PTC Launches Global Event Series with FT Live to Help Industrial Enterprises Embrace Digital Transformation17.10.2019 21:00:00 EEST | Press release
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) today announced the launch of Digital Transformation: The New Reality World Tour, a new event program that extends the excitement of the annual PTC LiveWorx® event. The new event program features the debut of the FT-PTC Future of Industrial Innovation Global Series, produced with FT Live, the global events arm of the Financial Times. As a component of The New Reality World Tour program, this insightful series will empower leaders of industrial companies to achieve success with their digital transformation strategies. According to McKinsey & Company, more than 70% of large-scale digital transformation efforts are likely to fail due to a lack of executive sponsorship, imprecise business cases, and delayed technology implementation. The New Reality World Tour program guides stakeholders of all levels, from the C-suite to the frontline worker, through these potential hurdles, enabling industrial enterprises to succeed with digital transformation. “The New Reality World To
Pioneer Cement of UAE to Develop US$200 Million Greenfield Cement Project in Georgia17.10.2019 20:49:00 EEST | Press release
The UAE based Pioneer Cement Industries (“Pioneer Cement”), part of Oman based Raysut Cement Company SAOG (RCC) is in the process of setting up a 1.2 m tonnes per annum capacity integrated cement plant in Georgia, Eastern Europe. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191017005812/en/ Mr. Joey Ghose, RCC Group CEO (Photo : AETOSWire) Pioneer Cement owns concession to limestone mines in Georgia that will provide the key raw materials to this project. Georgia provides Pioneer Cement an opportunity to diversify from the Middle East into a market with large infrastructure growth and shortage of clinker and high-quality cement, the company said in a statement. The plant will be located near Tbilisi, adjacent to the limestone mines. The debt and equity arrangements for the project are currently being finalized and the construction work in the project is slated to commence from Q4 2019. The value of the project is estimated
Bermuda Premier Announces Commitment to Digital Currencies at Tech Summit17.10.2019 20:40:00 EEST | Press release
Premier David Burt officially opened the Bermuda Tech Summit yesterday and announced the country would begin accepting 1:1 U.S. dollar-backed digital currencies for the payment of government taxes, fees and services as part of its efforts to ensure Bermuda continues to lead the development of the global fintech industry. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191017005802/en/ The keynote conversation between Bermuda Premier David Burt and Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire, moderated by Jessel Mendes, BDA Board Member and Partner at EY (Photo: Business Wire) Throughout the day, more than 300 attendees, a third of whom travelled to Bermuda from overseas, heard from an impressive array of expert speakers who discussed the transformational impact of technology on investment and business models in a wide range of industry sectors relevant to Bermuda. The Bermuda Business Development Agency (BDA) hosted the free-to-attend summit,
LTI to Acquire Powerupcloud Technologies17.10.2019 19:13:00 EEST | Press release
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd. (NSE: LTI) (BSE: 540005), a global technology consulting and digital solutions company is acquiring Powerupcloud Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a fast-growing cloud consulting company headquartered in Bengaluru, and helping clients across India, Singapore, UAE and USA. With more than 180 employees, Powerup brings a strong team of cloud consulting, artificial intelligence and data analytics professionals to LTI. Founded in 2015, Powerup is a born-in-the-cloud, Premier Consulting Partner of AWS. It is the only AWS certified partner in APAC to have both Data & Analytics Competency and Machine Learning Competency, and one of the few certified partners of AWS with competencies across Migration, DevOps, Financial Services, Well-Architected, and Security & Compliance. With expertise across cloud, big data, artificial intelligence, and product engineering, Powerup is also a Gold Partner of Microsoft Azure and a Cloud Consulting Partner of Google Cloud Platform. Powerup h
CES Unveiled in Amsterdam Highlights Tech Improving Lives17.10.2019 19:09:00 EEST | Press release
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) ® today made several announcements at CES Unveiled in Amsterdam, an official CES® 2020 preview event. Executives, influential media and prominent industry influencers gathered at the record-breaking event to celebrate the latest European innovations and experience what to expect at CES 2020. CTA announced that eight companies from the Netherlands and the surrounding region were announced as CES 2020 Innovation Honorees. Best of Innovation honorees include Dutch company Hydraloop Systems BV in the Sustainability, Eco-Design & Smart Energy category and British company Valerann in the Smart Cities category. “Europe is a hotbed for innovation consistently driving our industry forward and we saw the promise and power of technology at CES Unveiled in Amsterdam,” said Karen Chupka, EVP, CES. “CES 2020 will showcase the most innovative tech from Europe that truly has the potential to make people’s lives better.” The remaining honorees will be revealed
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom