Shopify Unveils New Innovations to Transform Commerce for Merchants and Consumers Globally
Today, Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP) (TSX:SHOP), the leading multi-channel commerce platform, unveiled the latest in commerce technology at Shopify Unite, the annual conference that brings together the company’s global partner and developer community.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190619005550/en/
Shopify Fulfillment Network (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Shopify’s real power comes from the variety and strength of our ecosystem,” said Shopify CEO Tobi Lutke. "Unite gives our developer and partner community access to our product roadmap. Together, and only together, we can shape the future of commerce and empower entrepreneurs around the world.”
This year, Shopify is transforming commerce by announcing platform enhancements and updates focused on giving direct-to-consumer brands everything they need to build and manage a business. Shopify’s innovations include a newly updated Shopify Plus platform for enterprise brands, more global capabilities, and for the first time, Shopify is expanding its offering with a fulfillment network that will allow merchants of all sizes to deliver their products fast and at a low cost.
- Shopify Fulfillment Network , available now for early access, will provide U.S. merchants with a network of distributed fulfillment centers, and uses machine learning to ensure timely deliveries and lower shipping costs, putting their brand and customer experience front and center.
- The all-new Shopify Plus provides a single view of a merchant’s entire business, tools that facilitate a consistent experience across stores, and an easier-than-ever way to create new stores, empowering enterprise merchants to move fast, build with the customer in mind, and unlock growth potential.
- The new Shopify POS will be faster, more intuitive, and more scalable point of sale software, providing retailers with a simple interface, new customer service shortcuts, and access to all of Shopify’s POS app extensions.
- Introducing 11 new language capabilities , now available in the Shopify Admin globally, including Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hindi, Malay, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean and Thai.
- Shopify’s Translations API will store translated buyer-facing content including products, collections, and blog posts, enabling merchants to provide the same consistent shopping experience in multiple languages.
- With Shopify Payments, all merchants can now sell in multiple currencies and get paid in their local currency.
- The new online store design experience makes it even easier for merchants to customize the look and feel of their store to meet the evolving expectations of shoppers, without editing the code.
- Introducing the ability to display products in video and 3D models right within Shopify, unlocking new possibilities for merchants to deliver the in-store experience online by bringing products to life.
- Partners can now integrate subscription payments solutions directly into Shopify’s checkout.
- Shopify’s most popular libraries will be available in GraphQL , allowing developers to leverage its speed and efficiency to build faster and more stable apps for merchants.
- With the Shopify App CLI (command-line interface) , developers can now wrap all their app building steps into one command, scaffolding an app within seconds.
- Shopify App Bridge is a new, consolidated tool that enables developers to embed their apps directly into Shopify, including desktop, Shopify Mobile, and Shopify POS, creating a seamless user experience for merchants.
Introducing new back office shipping features to help merchants sell more, better manage their order process, and improve customer experiences
- New shipping features make it possible for merchants to set specific shipping rules and pricing for different products, and create automatic and more accurate visibility throughout the fulfillment process, including any activity happening in third-party apps and services.
For more information, please visit https://news.shopify.com/.
Shopify is the leading multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 800,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Unilever, Kylie Cosmetics, Allbirds, MVMT, and many more.
This press release contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements“), including statements with regard to the announcement and launch by Shopify of new products, services and offerings, the capabilities of those products and the impact of those products and services on merchants’ businesses. Words such as “expects”, “will”, “anticipates” and “intends” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to the inherent uncertainties in predicting future results and conditions
Director of Communications
416-238-6705 x 302
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Movistar Chile continues boosting its 4G networks with SIAE MICROELETTRONICA’s Multiband links18.7.2019 10:00:00 EEST | Press release
Telefónica, through their brand Movistar Chile, in a continuous effort of improving its 4G network, deployed SIAE MICROELETTRONICA’s multiband solution. Movistar Chile aims to continue increasing the mobile backhaul capacity and improve the overall network reliability due to a strong traffic growth. The SIAE MICROELETTRONICA’s multiband solution coupling a traditional frequency band (15GHz) with an E-band link (80GHz), offer multi-gigabit capacity with no compromises on distances. With this solution Movistar Chile provided fibre-like capacity to both access sites and seamlessly closed an aggregation fibre ring for improved performances. At a renowned ski location the ever-growing capacity generated during the winter season convinced Movistar to replace the 18,6Km older microwave link with SIAE MICROELETTRONICA multiband solution delivering four times the original capacity. “The deployed multiband solution is the first of its kind in the network, taking fibre-like capacity to sites with
Immunocore and Pulse Infoframe, Inc. Partner with Leading Academic Institutions to Launch First Global Patient Registry for Uveal Melanoma18.7.2019 09:00:00 EEST | Press release
Immunocore Limited, a leading T cell receptor biotechnology company, and Pulse Infoframe, Inc. (Pulse), a data aggregation and analytics company, today announce plans to support the first global patient registry in uveal melanoma (UM), a rare and aggressive form of melanoma, which affects the eye, typically has a poor prognosis and for which there is no currently accepted optimal management or treatment.1 The insights gained through the academic registry will provide a more comprehensive understanding of the disease and may help to shape the way future research is conducted. The registry will include institutions from across the US, UK and Australia, and is currently being developed by leaders in the field of uveal melanoma, including: Richard Carvajal, MD, Director of Experimental Therapeutics and Director of the Melanoma Service at Columbia University Medical Center, Columbia University, US Joseph Sacco, PhD, Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Liverpool and Honorary Consul
Toshiba Memory to Rebrand as “Kioxia” in October18.7.2019 09:00:00 EEST | Press release
Toshiba Memory Holdings Corporation announced today that it will officially change its name to Kioxia Holdings Corporation on October 1, 2019. The name Kioxia (kee-ox-ee-uh) will be adopted for the names of all Toshiba Memory companies, largely effective on the same date. Kioxia is a combination of the Japanese word kioku meaning “memory” and the Greek word axia meaning “value.” Merging “memory” with “value,” Kioxia represents the company’s mission to uplift the world with “memory,” which forms the foundation of the company’s vision. Kioxia will cultivate the new era of memory, defined by rapidly increasing demands for large-capacity, high-performance storage and data processing, which positions the company to grow sustainably as a leading flash memory producer for many years to come. “I am delighted to take the next step in our company’s evolution as we continue to enhance our position at the forefront of the memory industry,” said Stacy J. Smith, executive chairman of Toshiba Memory
European Society of Cardiology Hosting Cutting-Edge Digital Summit in Tallinn18.7.2019 08:00:00 EEST | Press release
The rapid evolution of digital technology and its impact on heart disease is the subject of an exciting new congress organised by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). The ESC is the world’s largest scientific society of cardiovascular professionals, bringing together more than 100,000 members across 57 National Cardiac Societies. The ESC Digital Summit will be held in Tallinn, Estonia on 5-6 October 2019. The Right Honourable Juri Ratas, Prime Minister of the Republic of Estonia, will deliver the Opening Address at the KultuuriKatel “Creative Hub”. The Summit will feature TED-style talks, United Nations-style panels and technology workshops. An exhibition area will display cutting-edge innovations. “There are technology innovators, from small start-ups to established giants, looking to develop the next big breakthrough in cardiovascular medicine. This Summit is for them.” said Dr. Martin Cowie, Professor of Cardiology at Imperial College London, and Chair of the ESC’s Digital Heal
Defence Unlimited International Corp. is Hiring Veterans17.7.2019 23:58:00 EEST | Press release
Defence Unlimited International is one of the fastest growing companies operating within the defence and security space. Defence Unlimited International has adopted a unique outsourced model which integrates multiple partners both individual and corporate, on its projects. This has enabled it to offer and deliver to its clients best of breed bespoke solutions. Whilst Defence Unlimited is pursuing its drive towards achieving a more global footprint in its operations, the founder, Edward Banayoti firmly reiterates the continued commitment of the company to its existing strategy of identifying and successfully deploying experienced individuals that have served in the military. Individuals and teams with such experience can offer invaluable value added within projects Defence Unlimited are active in or are in the process of executing. "We take pride in our track record of offering numerous opportunities to Veterans who have served their country, giving such individuals who have heeded a pa
Temenos Acquires a SaaS-based, Patented, Explainable AI (XAI) Platform to Accelerate its AI Roadmap and Expertise17.7.2019 19:22:00 EEST | Press release
Contact information Media Contacts Jessica Wolfe Temenos Global Public Relations Tel: +1 610 232 2793 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Alistair Kellie & Andrew Adie Newgate Communications on behalf of Temenos Tel: +44 20 7680 6550 Email: email@example.com
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom