Tech Industry Innovators Come Together at CES Asia 2017
The third annual CES Asia 2017 kicks off tomorrow in Shanghai, China, with leading technology powerhouses and innovative startups showcasing how their products are changing the world for the better. With more than 450 exhibitors from 22 countries, regions and territories, CES Asia is the only show in the Asian market that showcases the full spectrum of technology across 19 product categories. CES Asia is a carefully curated event focused on featuring the most innovative and exciting technology the industry has to offer, providing an unparalleled platform for companies looking to enter the Asian market. Owned and produced by Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia 2017 will take place June 7-9 in Shanghai, China.
Here are a few things not to be missed at CES Asia 2017:
New and Expanded Show Floor
- Five halls of exhibit space, an increase from four in 2016
- Leading brands like BYD, Hyundai, NEVS and Honda showcasing latest in vehicle technology
- Expanded firsthand self-driving experience from BMW, Continental and Baidu’s Intelligent Driving Group
- Startup Park featuring over 75 startups from 10 countries, regions and territories around the world led by major tech hubs, including Zhanghiang Hi-Tech Park (ZJ Park), La French Tech, KNU Start-up & Entrepreneurship Foundation, Holland Innovation Network Shenzhen Valley Ventures, and Tuoniao
- Startup Stage (SNIEC, Hall N4), a new dedicated stage showcasing a flash pitch competition by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and presentations from startup group organizers
- Brand new CES Asia Innovation Awards featuring the top tech products across all 19 categories
Brand New Product Categories
- Augmented/Virtual Reality, led by industry giants Carl Zeiss and DreamWorld USA
- Drones, featuring top exhibitors such as Digital China Group, Mota Group and YUNEEC
- Internet of Things (IoT), including market leaders Garmin, Haier, igloohome, JD.com and Tencent
Dynamic Conference Programming Highlighting Top Industry Experts
- Huawei Opening Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Wan Biao, COO, will present Huawei’s strategic vision and industry outlook for how to build a better intelligent terminal ecosystem (Wednesday, June 7, 9:30 – 11 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Microsoft Keynote Address, featuring VPs Peter Han and Rodney Clark, will lay out Microsoft’s vision for “building the possible” (Wednesday, June 7, 4-5 PM, Kerry Hotel, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Baidu Keynote Address, featuring Mr. Gu Weihao, GM of Baidu Intelligent Vehicle Division, will discuss Baidu’s “Apollo Plan” where Baidu will provide an open, complete and reliable software platform for the automotive and autonomous driving industry (Thursday, June 8, 9:30-10:30 AM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- JD.com Keynote Address, featuring Zhang Chen, CTO, and Dr. Li Kefeng, VP, will be a discussion on how JD.com is leveraging artificial intelligence, smart devices, augmented/virtual reality and big data to make e-commerce smarter and more interconnected (Thursday, June 8, 4-5 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Entertainment Keynote: Featuring Le Vision Pictures, with Zhang Zhao, chairman and CEO, Le Vision Pictures, and Adam Goodman, president, Le Vision Entertainment who will share their experiences, insights and strategies around the business of film and media (Thursday, June 8, 1:30-2:15 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Grand Shanghai Ballroom 2-3)
- Sports Business Innovation: Tech Disruption in Sports, featuring executives from all facets of the sports industry, including NBA China’s CEO David Shoemaker (Wednesday, June 7, 11:15 AM – 12 PM, Kerry, Level 3, Pudong 5-6)
- Last Gadget Standing Competition presenting a chance to see the most cutting edge products in action, live on the N5 stage, and in a special paparazzi immersion experience (Wednesday, June 7, 11-12 PM, SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
- Robots on the Runway , a one-of-a-kind event featuring cutting edge robotics walking the runway (Wednesday, June 7, 2-3 PM, and Thursday, June 8,10-11 AM SNIEC, Hall N5, N5 Stage)
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd was originally the exhibition organizing business of Shanghai Intex, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment (Dubai) Limited. Starting in 1998, Shanghai Intex has organized over 100 trade shows and conferences with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million sqm. Shanghai Intex is comprised of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, covering the creative industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing and consumer electronics.
CES Asia 2017 –
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
June 21-24, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Innovate! and Celebrate
October 9-11, San Francisco, CA
CES Unveiled Amsterdam
October 26, Amsterdam, Netherlands
January 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
ThreatMetrix Exceeds 45% Annual Growth as Organizations Embrace Digital Identity as Must-Have Technology18.12.2017 16:00 | Tiedote
ThreatMetrix ®, The Digital Identity Company®, today announced 45 percent growth in billings year-on-year, as implementing digital identity solutions became a key priority for organizations in 2017. In the past quarter, average daily transaction volume processed by ThreatMetrix surged from 75 million to more than 100 million transactions, contributing rich data to the world’s only digital identity graph. Throughout 2017, nearly 150 new companies per quarter were added to the Digital Identity Network®, giving ThreatMetrix customers an unparalleled global view into true digital identity and user trust. “Organizations of all shapes and sizes are embracing ThreatMetrix ID™ to recognize true customers, operate digital businesses securely and profitably, and improve the user experience – all without compromising privacy,” says Frank Teruel, chief finance off
DWC Secures € 10,8 M From GEM Global18.12.2017 13:54 | Tiedote
Diversified World Corporation 3.0 spa, (“DWC 3.0” or “the Company“) is a listed company at Euronext Access Market in Paris, Symbol (MLDWC:FP). Today, DWC 3.0 is pleased to announce that it has signed a contract for a € 10, 8 million funding facility under a three years warrants agreement, (the “Agreement”) with GEM Global Yield Fund, the private alternative investment group. These € 10,8 million will be raised by issuing 30 million warrants that can be exercised within three years by GEM Global Yield Fund, at the price which represents the nominal value of the share. The Company will sign within a very short time an agreement with a specialist sponsor in order to upgrade its listing to GROWTH Euronext Market in Paris. About DWC 3.0 The Company considers important its presence within the Fine Art sector since Merrill Lynch -Cap Gem
EURid Hosts Green Discussion Panel at The 2017 Internet Governance Forum in Geneva18.12.2017 13:00 | Tiedote
EURid understands the importance that possessing a neutral carbon footprint has on the planet, which is why it has, and continues to support sustainable projects all over the world. Since May 2012, EURid has been Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) certified, which reflects its continuous pursuit towards being a sustainable organisation. As part of its EMAS certification, EURid has issued and instituted an environmental policy, through which it has achieved the following goals: In 2015, EURid joined forces with the environmental Spanish non-profit organisation FAPAS. A number of fruit trees were planted in Asturias, Spain, an area populated by the endangered European brown bear. EURid also purchased verified CO2 credits to contribute to the Ecomapuà project with the goal of conserving the rich biodiversity in the Amazon.
BearingPoint Achieves Platinum Status in the Salesforce Consulting Partner Program18.12.2017 12:00 | Tiedote
Management and technology consultancy BearingPoint is officially designated a Salesforce Platinum Consulting Partner. The prestigious Platinum Consulting Partner status marks an important milestone for the consultancy and demonstrates its commitment to help the world's most innovative brands enhance their customer experience and run their business in the cloud by leveraging the power of the Salesforce platform. With many new engagements this year, BearingPoint has also been able to significantly increase the number of Salesforce certifications while delivering great value to clients by integrating the Salesforce platform into their business. “Reaching the Platinum Consulting Partner status within less than 3 years basically coming from zero has been a huge feat and shows the focus, dedication, and energy of our fast-growing Salesforce community at BearingPoint,” says Markus
Timor Telecom Enhances International Voice Connections in Timor-Leste Through SES Networks18.12.2017 10:55 | Tiedote
Timor Telecom (TT), the largest telecommunications operator in Timor-Leste, has expanded its partnership with SES Networks to enable international voice traffic between Timor-Leste and the rest of the world, SES announced today. Under the new agreement, TT will contract capacity on the high-powered NSS-12 geostationary earth orbit (GEO) satellite to establish a point-to-point link connecting Dili, Timor with Sintra, Portugal. Today, residents of Timor-Leste benefit from high speed 4G/LTE mobile data and broadband services provided by TT, which are powered by SES’s O3b medium earth orbit (MEO) satellite network. With its capacity uptake on NSS-12, TT will broaden its suite of services with the carriage of international voice traffic between Timor-Leste and the rest of the world. This enables TT to continue empowering local communities with superior services and to meet all th
Steeper Energy Announces EUR 50.6 M (DKK 377 M) Advanced Biofuel Project with Norwegian-Swedish joint venture Silva Green Fuel in Licensing Deal18.12.2017 10:00 | Tiedote
Steeper Energy, a Danish-Canadian clean-fuel company, is partnering with Silva Green Fuel, a Norwegian-Swedish joint venture, to construct a EUR 50.6 M (DKK 377M) industrial scale demonstration plant at a former pulp mill located in Tofte, Norway leading to a future commercial scale project. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171217005029/en/ Steeper will license its proprietary Hydrofaction™ technology to Silva, who will build the facility over the next 18 months. The demonstration plant will use woody residues as feedstock that are converted to renewable crude oil and, in turn, will be upgraded to renewable diesel, jet or marine fuel. Steeper’s Hydrofaction™ technology was selected by Silva after an exhaustive due diligence review of some 40 other technologies. Hydrofaction™ harnesses water
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme