Temenos Reaches Major Milestone With the Roll-out of Temenos Transact Microservices Architecture, Enabling Large Banks to Strategically Transform Their Core Systems at Scale in a Safe and Progressive Manner
- Larger banks can now renovate their core banking applications component by component without compromising their end goal of a full system transformation to a cloud-agnostic, cloud-native architecture. Temenos Transact microservices architecture enables continuous change with tangible business benefits at every stage.
- Temenos Transact microservices - such as accounts and deposits, and retail lending - can be integrated through APIs in any sequence with any legacy infrastructure, quickly and safely, helping banks to unlock the power of digital transformation.
- Temenos offers banks a real choice of transformation strategies, from continuous renovation where larger banks replace components of their architecture one at a time to ‘build and renovate’ - where they can build a new digital stack while continuously migrating products and customer bases from their legacy systems.
- Temenos Transact microservices can deliver enterprise-wide capabilities such as pricing on top of legacy infrastructures as a first step toward creating value for the bank. For a complete digital banking transformation, Transact works in conjunction with microservices-based Temenos Infinity.
- Temenos Transact is built on cloud-native, cloud-agnostic technology that enables banks to significantly reduce their total cost of ownership through elastic cloud scalability, distributed database technology and multi-cloud resilience, all underpinned by the benefits of vendor and platform independence
Temenos (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, announced that it has reached a major milestone in the delivery of its microservices-based architecture for cloud-native, cloud-agnostic Temenos Transact. This unlocks the potential for Tier 1 banks to strategically transform their core banking systems at scale.
Large banks are burdened by their legacy infrastructures. The cost and associated risk of replacing these complex systems, which have been customized over decades, is high. However, these outdated systems are making banks suffer high operational costs, high risk of outages, and a lack of agility that prevents them from bringing innovative, personalized products to market. The urgency to digitally transform has never been greater.
Temenos is now accelerating the roll-out of its microservices to help larger banks continuously transform their core banking applications. Unlike traditional monolithic core banking systems, Temenos Transact has independently deployable components that support continuous renovation based on the bank’s business needs. For the first time, there is now an alternative for banks to safely update critical elements of their core banking systems one component at a time with proven cloud-native, cloud-agnostic software and see tangible benefits along the way. These microservices can be deployed independently, enterprise wide and banks can retain existing systems where they are fit for purpose. Combined with microservices-based Temenos Infinity, banks have an agile, services based architecture for both core banking and digital customer journeys. This offers an alternative to the already successful build and migrate implementation approach, where banks can build a new digital stack while continuously migrating products and customer bases from their legacy systems.
Banks can pursue a long-term strategic roadmap while continuously renovating product lines, such as deposits and accounts, and core systems such as funds authorization and position keeping, based on their commercial and operational priorities. This strategy enables banks to flex the sequence of renovation as priorities change over time.
Temenos’ microservices strategy offers existing Temenos Transact clients the benefit of granular upgrades, allowing them to react to market opportunities faster while cutting the total cost of ownership of their existing core banking platform. Leveraging Temenos Continuous Deployment, which extends the Temenos DevOps operations into banks’ own environments, Temenos clients can accelerate the speed of software delivery and rapidly bring competitive innovations to market.
For smaller banks, the recommended approach is to select Temenos Transact as a SaaS offering to speed deployment and simplify IT operations.
Building on its extensive set of standalone services - such as Payments, Financial Crime Mitigation, Enterprise Data Management and Analytics - Temenos now offers new standalone banking microservices including:
- Accounts and Deposits: this service manages all the activities in the life of current, checking and deposit accounts in real time. Feature-rich, it supports any currency and offers a great variety of interest calculation methods and configurable business rules and events. Fully automated, the service integrates seamlessly through APIs with distribution services and other core systems such as payments, pricing, accounting. Deployed as a microservice, it leverages the cloud’s elastic scalability to manage millions of accounts with the lowest TCO.
- Retail Lending: this service manages a wide range of lending products, from simple unsecured consumer loans in any currency to complex facilities including multiple loans and associated collateral requirements. Designed for real-time processing and highly configurable, Retail Lending is rich and flexible enough to replace a number of legacy systems within the bank. Through APIs, it will integrate with the rest of the IT ecosystem, in the cloud or on premise.
- Enterprise product: a standalone product catalogue that enables banks to design and take to market products on a single system, reducing cost and boosting profitability of products. The service enables financial institutions to centralize all product definitions in a common repository, giving them greater overview and control across multiple business lines often working in silos. It helps banks launch new products and commercial offers much faster.
- Enterprise pricing: a central pricing engine that supports greater personalization of products services driven by AI, and improves time to market for all product types, including bundled products, relationship-based pricing and third-party products. Banks can get greater control over the fees they apply, often within disconnected applications. This increases profitability for the banks. With relationship pricing, they are able to define granular rules based on the client’s characteristics and the context of a transaction, and thus offer a personalized banking experience to each customer.
Temenos Transact microservices are functionally rich, enabling fast deployment without the need to build additional capabilities on top. Temenos has created reusable country Model Banks, which include regulatory compliance and best business practice solutions, for more than 150 countries. This helps banks go live faster and acts as a foundation for future innovation.
Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer, Temenos, said: "To date, larger banks have been shying away from digital transformation projects. As the #1 banking software company, we are taking the lead in bringing about industry change. We are delivering the Temenos Transact microservices architecture, which will revolutionize banking. This microservices-based cloud architecture enables large banks to finally unlock their potential by transforming their core banking applications rapidly and at scale. Larger banks can renovate their core banking applications without compromising their end goal of a full digital transformation to a cloud-agnostic, cloud-native architecture, one component at a time. This is an alternative to the already successful build and migrate approach where, banks can build a new digital stack while continuously migrating products and customer bases from their legacy systems.
"We have a proven track record of helping banks to digitally transformation. Our high-performing clients using Temenos software have achieved industry-leading cost-income ratios of 25.2% and returns on equity of 25.0%, 2X better than the industry average. Only Temenos has the advanced technology and depth of banking expertise and to deliver this."
Temenos Transact microservices leverage cloud-native, cloud-agnostic technology to improve efficiency by allowing banks to scale quickly and elastically while benefiting from multi-cloud resilience. Temenos gives banks freedom of choice to deploy software on premise, in any public cloud, or as a Temenos SaaS.
- Ends –
Temenos AG (SIX: TEMN), headquartered in Geneva, is the world’s leader in banking software, partnering with banks and other financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace. Over 3,000 banks across the globe, including 41 of the top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process both the daily transactions and client interactions of more than 500 million banking customers. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic front office and core banking, payments, fund management and wealth management software products enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and gain operational excellence.
Temenos software is proven to enable its top-performing clients to achieve industry-leading cost-income ratios of 25.2% and returns on equity of 25.0%, 2X better than the industry average. These clients also invest over 53% of their IT budget on growth and innovation versus maintenance, which is 2.5X the industry average, proving the banks’ IT investment is adding tangible value to their business.
For more information, please visit www.temenos.com.
Jessica Wolfe & Grace Collins
Temenos Global Public Relations
Tel: +1 610 232 2793 & + 44 20 7423 3969
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Alistair Kellie & Andrew Adie
Newgate Communications on behalf of Temenos
Tel: +44 20 7680 6550
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
HighRes Biosolutions and Novo Nordisk partner to transform drug discovery in automated Lab of the Future24.1.2020 17:00:00 EET | Press release
HighRes Biosolutions and Novo Nordisk A/S today announced that they will collaborate to design a state-of-the-art robotic platform for high-throughput biologics engineering and characterisation. The integration of a multi-system robotics platform with sophisticated software control architecture will enable a digital transformation and accelerated discovery for Novo Nordisk’s peptide and large molecule therapeutics research. “In order to maintain our leadership within biologics engineering we are investing in a fully automated and digital design platform. This investment is linked to our build-up in AI and advanced analytics and demonstrates Novo Nordisk’s commitment as a world leading biologics research company,” said Lars Fogh Iversen, senior vice president, Global Research Technologies, Novo Nordisk. The platform will comprise several highly automated and integrated cells for production, characterisation and functional analysis of thousands of biologic compounds every month. Its scop
Conquest Invests in 5 Greenfield Onshore Wind Parks Totalizing 43MW in the Flanders Region24.1.2020 15:37:00 EET | Press release
Conquest, acting through the Conquest Sustainable Infrastructure fund, announced the transaction was closed after an exclusive agreement had been reached with ENGIE Electrabel. Conquest acquires 51% of a portfolio expected to provide 111 GWh per annum of renewable power representing the annual electricity consumption of about 32,000 Belgian homes from early 2021 onwards. The projects benefit from 15 to 20-year green certificates local remuneration schemes, and thus generate yearly secured revenues. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200124005221/en/ Credit: Electrabel While the energy and digital transitions continue to drive the infrastructure sector, Conquest keeps building its diversified sustainable real asset portfolio in Western European markets. The success lies in years of collaboration and long-lasting partnerships with fellow industry experts who can notably facilitate access to new growth opportunities
Fluence Expands EMEA Footprint with Horticulture Partners in Papenburg, Germany24.1.2020 14:00:00 EET | Press release
Fluence by OSRAM (Fluence), a leading global provider of energy-efficient LED lighting solutions for commercial cannabis and agriculture production, announced today it is expanding its presence in the Emsland region of Germany through partnerships with growers and other horticulture specialists operating out of Papenburg. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200124005109/en/ Friedrich Schulz’s 5.5 hectare farm—which grows herbs year-round in addition to lettuce, peppers and chives—utilizing VYPR 2p fixtures. (Photo: Business Wire) Given Papenburg’s decades-long history of attracting horticulture experts, Fluence’s innovative lighting solutions for horticulture are a natural fit for the region’s tomato, cucumber, leafy greens and herb growers. Forging connections with Papenburg’s horticultural leaders Elektro Evers, an engineering firm specializing in greenhouse technology, is Fluence’s exclusive systems integrator
HCL Technologies Honors Global Goodwill Champions at the 2020 World Economic Forum in Davos24.1.2020 12:47:00 EET | Press release
HCL Technologies (HCL), a leading global technology company, today presented its Wave Maker Awards 2020, commemorating global goodwill champions from around the world. The award ceremony, which was held at the HCL Pavilion in Davos, celebrated organizations and individuals passionately committed to such noble causes as diversity & inclusion, education & community upliftment, environment & sustainability, and technology for change. Special guest at the awards was Australian cricket legend Glenn McGrath, who is also founder of the McGrath Foundation, which provides support for Australian women diagnosed with breast cancer and their families. The award recipients were; Lois Auta, Founder and Executive Director of Cedar Seed Foundation, which supports persons with disabilities to participate in all aspects of life; Chido Govera, Founder and Director of The Future of Hope Foundation (TFoHF), which supports marginal and vulnerable members of society through entrepreneurial and self-developme
Ipsen’s palovarotene clinical program in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva reaches prespecified interim analysis futility criteria24.1.2020 09:00:00 EET | Press release
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced the decision to pause dosing patients in the global Phase III (PVO-1A-301) study designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of palovarotene in patients with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP), as well as the ongoing Phase II (PVO-1A-202/204) extension studies. In both the Phase III and Phase II extension studies, palovarotene is dosed both chronically (daily) and episodically (during flare-ups). The decision to pause dosing patients in the trial is based on results of a futility analysis reviewed by the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) as part of the prespecified interim analysis. The results of a futility analysis indicated that the Phase III FOP trial was unlikely to meet its primary efficacy endpoint (annualized change in new HO volume as compared with Natural History Studyi) upon completion. Despite the results of the prespecified interim analysis, signals of encouraging therapeutic activity w
Amazentis Announces the Launch of Timeline™ Cellular Nutrition at the World Economic Forum in Davos23.1.2020 23:56:00 EET | Press release
Amazentis announces the debut of Timeline, a next generation nutrition product designed to promote healthy aging, as part of the Swiss Food & Nutrition Valley in the House of Switzerland at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Given the increase in the aging population globally -- according to a 2019 Deutsche Bank study, there are more people on Earth older than sixty five than younger than five for the first time -- it is imperative for consumers to take proactive measures to maintain a high quality of life, for as long as they live. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200123005820/en/ (Photo: Business Wire) Timeline contains the proprietary nutrient Mitopure™, a highly pure form of Urolithin A. After a decade of rigorous research by leading scientists around the world, Mitopure has been shown to help counter age-associated cellular and muscular decline by revitalizing the mitochondria, the powerplants
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom