Temenos Reaches Major Milestone With the Roll-out of Temenos Transact Microservices Architecture, Enabling Large Banks to Strategically Transform Their Core Systems at Scale in a Safe and Progressive Manner
- Larger banks can now renovate their core banking applications component by component without compromising their end goal of a full system transformation to a cloud-agnostic, cloud-native architecture. Temenos Transact microservices architecture enables continuous change with tangible business benefits at every stage.
- Temenos Transact microservices - such as accounts and deposits, and retail lending - can be integrated through APIs in any sequence with any legacy infrastructure, quickly and safely, helping banks to unlock the power of digital transformation.
- Temenos offers banks a real choice of transformation strategies, from continuous renovation where larger banks replace components of their architecture one at a time to ‘build and renovate’ - where they can build a new digital stack while continuously migrating products and customer bases from their legacy systems.
- Temenos Transact microservices can deliver enterprise-wide capabilities such as pricing on top of legacy infrastructures as a first step toward creating value for the bank. For a complete digital banking transformation, Transact works in conjunction with microservices-based Temenos Infinity.
- Temenos Transact is built on cloud-native, cloud-agnostic technology that enables banks to significantly reduce their total cost of ownership through elastic cloud scalability, distributed database technology and multi-cloud resilience, all underpinned by the benefits of vendor and platform independence
Temenos (SIX: TEMN), the banking software company, announced that it has reached a major milestone in the delivery of its microservices-based architecture for cloud-native, cloud-agnostic Temenos Transact. This unlocks the potential for Tier 1 banks to strategically transform their core banking systems at scale.
Large banks are burdened by their legacy infrastructures. The cost and associated risk of replacing these complex systems, which have been customized over decades, is high. However, these outdated systems are making banks suffer high operational costs, high risk of outages, and a lack of agility that prevents them from bringing innovative, personalized products to market. The urgency to digitally transform has never been greater.
Temenos is now accelerating the roll-out of its microservices to help larger banks continuously transform their core banking applications. Unlike traditional monolithic core banking systems, Temenos Transact has independently deployable components that support continuous renovation based on the bank’s business needs. For the first time, there is now an alternative for banks to safely update critical elements of their core banking systems one component at a time with proven cloud-native, cloud-agnostic software and see tangible benefits along the way. These microservices can be deployed independently, enterprise wide and banks can retain existing systems where they are fit for purpose. Combined with microservices-based Temenos Infinity, banks have an agile, services based architecture for both core banking and digital customer journeys. This offers an alternative to the already successful build and migrate implementation approach, where banks can build a new digital stack while continuously migrating products and customer bases from their legacy systems.
Banks can pursue a long-term strategic roadmap while continuously renovating product lines, such as deposits and accounts, and core systems such as funds authorization and position keeping, based on their commercial and operational priorities. This strategy enables banks to flex the sequence of renovation as priorities change over time.
Temenos’ microservices strategy offers existing Temenos Transact clients the benefit of granular upgrades, allowing them to react to market opportunities faster while cutting the total cost of ownership of their existing core banking platform. Leveraging Temenos Continuous Deployment, which extends the Temenos DevOps operations into banks’ own environments, Temenos clients can accelerate the speed of software delivery and rapidly bring competitive innovations to market.
For smaller banks, the recommended approach is to select Temenos Transact as a SaaS offering to speed deployment and simplify IT operations.
Building on its extensive set of standalone services - such as Payments, Financial Crime Mitigation, Enterprise Data Management and Analytics - Temenos now offers new standalone banking microservices including:
- Accounts and Deposits: this service manages all the activities in the life of current, checking and deposit accounts in real time. Feature-rich, it supports any currency and offers a great variety of interest calculation methods and configurable business rules and events. Fully automated, the service integrates seamlessly through APIs with distribution services and other core systems such as payments, pricing, accounting. Deployed as a microservice, it leverages the cloud’s elastic scalability to manage millions of accounts with the lowest TCO.
- Retail Lending: this service manages a wide range of lending products, from simple unsecured consumer loans in any currency to complex facilities including multiple loans and associated collateral requirements. Designed for real-time processing and highly configurable, Retail Lending is rich and flexible enough to replace a number of legacy systems within the bank. Through APIs, it will integrate with the rest of the IT ecosystem, in the cloud or on premise.
- Enterprise product: a standalone product catalogue that enables banks to design and take to market products on a single system, reducing cost and boosting profitability of products. The service enables financial institutions to centralize all product definitions in a common repository, giving them greater overview and control across multiple business lines often working in silos. It helps banks launch new products and commercial offers much faster.
- Enterprise pricing: a central pricing engine that supports greater personalization of products services driven by AI, and improves time to market for all product types, including bundled products, relationship-based pricing and third-party products. Banks can get greater control over the fees they apply, often within disconnected applications. This increases profitability for the banks. With relationship pricing, they are able to define granular rules based on the client’s characteristics and the context of a transaction, and thus offer a personalized banking experience to each customer.
Temenos Transact microservices are functionally rich, enabling fast deployment without the need to build additional capabilities on top. Temenos has created reusable country Model Banks, which include regulatory compliance and best business practice solutions, for more than 150 countries. This helps banks go live faster and acts as a foundation for future innovation.
Max Chuard, Chief Executive Officer, Temenos, said: "To date, larger banks have been shying away from digital transformation projects. As the #1 banking software company, we are taking the lead in bringing about industry change. We are delivering the Temenos Transact microservices architecture, which will revolutionize banking. This microservices-based cloud architecture enables large banks to finally unlock their potential by transforming their core banking applications rapidly and at scale. Larger banks can renovate their core banking applications without compromising their end goal of a full digital transformation to a cloud-agnostic, cloud-native architecture, one component at a time. This is an alternative to the already successful build and migrate approach where, banks can build a new digital stack while continuously migrating products and customer bases from their legacy systems.
"We have a proven track record of helping banks to digitally transformation. Our high-performing clients using Temenos software have achieved industry-leading cost-income ratios of 25.2% and returns on equity of 25.0%, 2X better than the industry average. Only Temenos has the advanced technology and depth of banking expertise and to deliver this."
Temenos Transact microservices leverage cloud-native, cloud-agnostic technology to improve efficiency by allowing banks to scale quickly and elastically while benefiting from multi-cloud resilience. Temenos gives banks freedom of choice to deploy software on premise, in any public cloud, or as a Temenos SaaS.
- Ends –
Temenos AG (SIX: TEMN), headquartered in Geneva, is the world’s leader in banking software, partnering with banks and other financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace. Over 3,000 banks across the globe, including 41 of the top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process both the daily transactions and client interactions of more than 500 million banking customers. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic front office and core banking, payments, fund management and wealth management software products enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and gain operational excellence.
Temenos software is proven to enable its top-performing clients to achieve industry-leading cost-income ratios of 25.2% and returns on equity of 25.0%, 2X better than the industry average. These clients also invest over 53% of their IT budget on growth and innovation versus maintenance, which is 2.5X the industry average, proving the banks’ IT investment is adding tangible value to their business.
For more information, please visit www.temenos.com.
Jessica Wolfe & Grace Collins
Temenos Global Public Relations
Tel: +1 610 232 2793 & + 44 20 7423 3969
Email : email@example.com
Alistair Kellie & Andrew Adie
Newgate Communications on behalf of Temenos
Tel: +44 20 7680 6550
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Ingenic Semiconductor Integrates Allegro DVT Encoding IP into Next-Generation Smart-Video System-On-Chip Solutions3.7.2020 13:46:00 EEST | Press release
Allegro DVT, the leading provider of video semiconductor IP solutions, today announced that Ingenic Semiconductor, one of the leading system-on-chip companies in China has integrated the AL-E150 high-performance video encoding IP into its latest generation of Smart Video products. The Smart Video product family from Ingenic Semiconductor features highly integrated Video Processor system-on-chip (SoC) solutions targeted at various video applications such as consumer and professional video surveillance and battery-operated cameras. One of Ingenic latest video processors, includes Allegro DVT’s AL-E150 H.264/HEVC/JPEG encoder to handle compression of multiple video channels at resolutions up to 5Mpixels. This chip is now shipping in mass-volume. Brad Liu, VP of Smart Video BU, Ingenic commented, “With the AL-E150, Allegro DVT is able to offer a multi-format and feature-rich encoder IP which perfectly meets our requirements and represents the best trade-off between silicon area, high-video
Imaweb-IDF Group Completes Its Acquisition of Serinfer3.7.2020 12:16:00 EEST | Press release
Imaweb/IDF Group (“The Group”), one of the largest developers of customer relationship management (“CRM”) solutions and dealership management systems (“DMS”) for the automotive industry in Europe, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Serinfer Servicios Informáticos S.L. (“Serinfer”), the computer software segment of the Alvariño Group, a Spanish developer, distributor and supplier of DMS for automobile dealers. The Group is backed by Providence Strategic Growth (“PSG”), the growth equity affiliate of premier asset management firm Providence Equity Partners (“Providence”). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200703005051/en/ Serinfer develops a range of sophisticated products to address the evolving needs of automobile dealers. Its flagship offering is SERAUTO, a complete DMS solution that works modularly and can also be integrated to the existing technology of any dealership or workshop. SERAUT
Taiwan’s COVID-19 response win applause, friendship from around the world3.7.2020 11:52:00 EEST | Press release
Once considered the most vulnerable to the COVID-19 outbreak because it’s so close to China, Taiwan has turned out to be a model for the world’s fight against the pandemic, thanks to quick decisions and early measures by its government, and to the high standard of the island nation’s public health system and its people. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200703005042/en/ The management of Grand Hotel in Taipei asks its guests to help form Zero on the building’s facade to celebrate no new COVID-19 cases for the sixth day in a row on May 1, 2020. (Hsu Chao-chang, CNA) According to real-time data released on Worldometer (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/), a website tracking global COVID-19 figures, as of June 30, Taiwan, with only 447 cases, ranked 155th among 215 countries in terms of the number of infections. Only three entities with fewer cases have a larger population than Taiwan’s, which currently sta
Northern Data announces new Block.one backed customer3.7.2020 09:27:00 EEST | Press release
Northern Data AG (XETRA: NB2, ISIN: DE000A0SMU87), one of the world's largest providers of high-performance computing (HPC) solutions, continues to enjoy a very successful 2020 with the signing of 180 MW of capacity with a new customer. Northern Data's most recent customer is a Bitcoin mining operation backed by Blockchain Powerhouse Block.one with an initial 180 MW volume and an upsize option to 300 MW, which the company signed today and which shall go live in early 2021. Brendan Blumer, CEO of Block.one, says: "Block.one's focus on leveraging EOSIO to bring increased scalability and transparency to the greater blockchain industry led us to Northern Data and their strategic market positioning and strong leadership. We're excited to be collaborating with them to introduce unprecedented Bitcoin mining solutions, powered by EOSIO." Aroosh Thillainathan, CEO of Northern Data AG adds, "We are pleased that Block.one is convinced of our services and that we have won the company as another bl
ViiV Healthcare Announces US FDA Approval for Rukobia (fostemsavir), a First-in-Class Treatment for HIV in Adults With Few Treatment Options Available2.7.2020 23:39:00 EEST | Press release
ViiV Healthcare, the global specialist HIV company majority owned by GSK, with Pfizer Inc. and Shionogi Limited as shareholders, today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Rukobia (fostemsavir), 600 mg extended-release tablets. Rukobia is a novel attachment inhibitor for the treatment of HIV-1 infection indicated for use in combination with other antiretroviral (ARV) therapies in heavily treatment-experienced (HTE) adults with multidrug-resistant HIV-1 infection, who are failing their current ARV regimen due to resistance, intolerance or safety considerations. Significant advances over the past few decades have dramatically improved HIV treatment and for many, HIV is considered a manageable life-long condition. However, HTE adults – which account for approximately 6% of adults living with HIV who are on treatment – have little to no options left due to resistance, tolerability or safety considerations.1 HTE adults are at risk of progressing to AIDS and
Vertex Files Registration Statement for Proposed Initial Public Offering2.7.2020 23:31:00 EEST | Press release
Vertex, Inc., a leading provider of tax technology and services, today announced that it has filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) relating to a proposed initial public offering of its common stock. The number of shares to be offered and the price range for the proposed offering have not yet been determined. Vertex intends to list its common stock on the NASDAQ Global Market under the ticker symbol “VERX.” Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and Morgan Stanley are acting as joint lead book-running managers and as representatives of the underwriters for the proposed offering. BofA Securities, Citigroup and Jefferies are also acting as book-running managers and JMP Securities, Stifel, William Blair and CastleOak Securities, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the proposed offering. The proposed offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. When available, copies of the preliminary prospectus relating to these securities may be obtaine
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom