The Reasons Why Milan is the Best Choice for the European Medicines Agency
“With one of Europe’s best research and business environment, excellent links with Europe and the world, a vibrant and globally renowned lifestyle, as well as superb conditions for a smooth and effective relocation, Milan is ready to host the European Medicines Agency (EMA)” stated Prof. Silvio Garattini, eminent scientist and Director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, an authoritative foundation dedicated to world-class clinical and biomedical research.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005820/en/
View of the Pirelli Building in downtown Milan (Photo: Explora Tourism).
Seven reasons demonstrate why Milan represents the ideal setting to ensure the continuity of EMA's operations during the post-Brexit transition and offers the opportunity for a fulfilling personal and professional life:
1) A Smooth Relocation - The EMA will be hosted in a superbly located, ready-to-use state-owned building, the “Pirelli Building”. To foster retention, the EMA staff will be assisted in the transition by a newly established and fully dedicated Support Centre. Over 250 air connections per week with London will facilitate the transitional phase for staff needing to commute.
2) Europe at Your Fingertips - Three major airports (MPX, LIN, BGY) serve Milan with nearly 1,300 weekly flights to 27 EU capitals. A highly-developed rail and highway network connects the city to all other major Italian centres, to numerous globally renowned touristic destinations and to Italy’s neighboring countries.
3) The Best Hospitality - With nearly 100,000 beds and 17,400 restaurants and bars, Milan provides a wide range of accommodation and catering choices, very recently strengthened thanks to EXPO 2015. Located in the city center, the new EMA headquarters would have excellent access to a wide range of facilities.
4) Science and Innovation - A comprehensive network of international schools, eighteen universities and art academies will be available to those who relocate, together with an extensive network of public and private research institutions which create a vibrant environment for research and innovation. Italy has the second largest pharmaceutical industry in Europe in terms of production volumes, 60% of which are in Milan’s metropolitan area, and is the world’s largest exporter of medicines per capita.
5) EU Sinergy - The Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Commission’s science and knowledge Directorate General, is based in Ispra, approximately 50km North of Milan, and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is based in Parma, 120km South-East of the city. This creates the potential for three EU science and research bodies to be based within 200km of each other, providing ample opportunities for an effective collaboration.
6) Italian Lifestyle - Quality of life in Milan is among the very best in the world, with abundant high-quality housing at competitive prices, a state-of-the-art health system, a thriving artistic and cultural environment, a unique food scene, and an efficient public transport system including car and bike sharing schemes. Everything is in reach: the beauty of the Italian coastline, the charm of Italy’s lakes and the wonders of the highest mountains in Europe.
7) Career Opportunities - Milan is a leader in financial and banking services, engineering, communication, manufacturing, energy, and basic and applied research. The city also plays an unrivalled role in the design and fashion industry. Nearly 3,600 multinational companies, with 280,000 employees and a yearly turnover of €167 billion, have chosen Milan as their base to manage their operations in Italy, Europe and globally.
Fondazione Milano per EXPO
The Foundation is a no-profit organization operating since 2008 which contributed to the success of EXPO 2015, both in the bidding phase and during the universal exposition in Milan (May 1st - October 31st, 2015). Created by Assolombarda (the Lombardy regional association of entrepreneurs), the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza and Brianza and Lodi, and a group of entrepreneurs, the Foundation promotes international cooperation models featuring a high degree of social responsibility.
Press contact Fondazione Milano:
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
OTEZLA® (Apremilast) Phase III Data Showed Significant Improvements in Patients with Active Behçet’s Disease with Oral Ulcers18.2.2018 00:00 | Tiedote
Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG) today announced that data from the phase III RELIEF™ clinical trial of OTEZLA® (apremilast) in patients with active Behçet’s Disease with oral ulcers were presented in a late-breaking oral presentation at the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting. The results showed statistically significant reductions in oral ulcers with apremilast 30 mg twice daily (BID) versus placebo through week 12. OTEZLA (apremilast) is Celgene’s oral selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4). Behçet’s Disease is a rare, chronic, multi-system inflammatory syndrome. Oral ulcers, the most common manifestation of Behçet’s Disease, can be disabling and have a substantial effect on quality of life. This study primarily evaluated the effect of apremilast on recurring oral ulcers in patients with active Behçet’s Disease who were previously treated with at least one topical or systemic medication. “Reducing oral ulcers, which are painful and can negatively im
CT-P13 (biosimilar infliximab) is comparable to reference infliximab and adalimumab in highly anticipated real-world study17.2.2018 11:00 | Tiedote
Twelve-month data from the Personalised Anti-TNF therapy in Crohn’s disease Study (PANTS) was presented at the 13th Congress of the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO). The results indicate that the clinical effectiveness, safety and immunogenicity of Celltrion Healthcare’s CT-P13 (biosimilar infliximab) in patients with Crohn’s disease (CD) is comparable to those treated with reference infliximab as well as those treated with adalimumab.1 The UK-wide, three-year prospective observational study investigated primary non-response (PNR), loss of response (LOR) and adverse drug reactions (ADR) to infliximab (reference infliximab and CT-P13) and adalimumab in 1610 CD patients. The data show comparable efficacy between CT-P13, reference infliximab and adalimumab in relation to PNR, LOR and ADR rates. In addition, at week 54, the remission rate was 39.7%, 39.0% and 32.7% for reference infliximab, CT-P13 and adalimumab treated patients, respectively.1 The PANTS study investigates
Avanti Communications HYLAS 4 Satellite Arrives in French Guiana16.2.2018 21:26 | Tiedote
Avanti Communications Group plc (“Avanti”), a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”), announces its HYLAS 4 satellite has arrived safely in French Guiana ahead of its March 2018 launch. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180216005586/en/ Avanti Communications HYLAS 4 Satellite Arrives in French Guiana (Photo: Business Wire) The spacecraft, built by Orbital ATK was packed and shipped at their Satellite Manufacturing Facility in Dulles, Virginia, United States and flown to French Guiana, where it was unloaded and will be taken to the Arianespace launch facilities in Kourou. HYLAS 4 uses the latest High Throughput Satellite technology, doubling Avanti's Ka-band capacity across EMEA. The latest addition to Avanti's HYLAS fleet will provide: Backhaul services for mobile network operators Wholesale broadband for ISPs Connectivity for governments (civil a
General Cable Corporation Stockholders Approve Acquisition By Prysmian Group16.2.2018 20:05 | Tiedote
General Cable Corporation (NYSE: BGC) today announced the voting results from the Company’s special meeting of stockholders held this morning. Stockholders of General Cable approved the Company’s previously announced acquisition by Prysmian Group (BIT: PRY) for $30.00 per share in cash. A total of 38,140,754 shares, representing approximately 75.34% of the total number of shares of common stock outstanding and approximately 99% of the total votes cast, were voted in favor of the merger. Subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions, the transaction is expected to close by the third quarter of 2018. About General Cable General Cable (NYSE:BGC), with headquarters in Highland Heights, Kentucky, is a global leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of aluminum, copper and fiber optic wire and cable products for the energy, communications, automotive, industrial, construction and specialty segments. General Cable is one of the larges
Systemic Sclerosis World Congress:Inspirational Patient Stories Reveal the Challenging Realities of Living with Devastating Rare Disease16.2.2018 12:03 | Tiedote
Boehringer Ingelheim today unveils a new phase of 'More Than Scleroderma: The Inside Story', and launches the new patient website www.morethanscleroderma.com. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180216005188/en/ Anna, 36, living with scleroderma (Photo: Business Wire) The global initiative highlights the importance of understanding the ‘inside story’ of each individual living with scleroderma, also known as systemic sclerosis. To coincide with the Systemic Sclerosis World Congress in Bordeaux, 15-17 February 2018, new and truly inspiring patient stories are revealed, reflecting the real-life, diverse and very moving journeys of people living with scleroderma across the world. The campaign will also be launched in the U.S. The new website www.morethanscleroderma.com features a powerful collection of photographs and video stories of people living with scleroderma across the world, revealing the life-changing impact o
Philip Morris International Recognized as a Global Top Employer for the Second Year in a Row16.2.2018 11:00 | Tiedote
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE/Euronext Paris: PM) today is recognized for the second year in a row as a Global Top Employer. This year’s certification from the Top Employer Institute is awarded to PMI teams in 44 countries, a testament to the company’s consistency and excellence in offering an enriching and dynamic work environment, and exceptional development opportunities for employees across the globe. PMI has been recognized by the Top Employer Institute for six consecutive years. This year, PMI was awarded with five regional certifications in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and, for the first time, in North America and Latin America. Additionally, Indonesia was the first PMI affiliate to be certified in Asia. “It is a proud moment for all of us at PMI,” said Charles Bendotti, PMI Senior Vice President, People and Culture. “Our success as a company relies on the men and women who come to work every day with a passion to achieve, and a willingness to learn, grow, and
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme