The Reasons Why Milan is the Best Choice for the European Medicines Agency
“With one of Europe’s best research and business environment, excellent links with Europe and the world, a vibrant and globally renowned lifestyle, as well as superb conditions for a smooth and effective relocation, Milan is ready to host the European Medicines Agency (EMA)” stated Prof. Silvio Garattini, eminent scientist and Director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, an authoritative foundation dedicated to world-class clinical and biomedical research.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005820/en/
View of the Pirelli Building in downtown Milan (Photo: Explora Tourism).
Seven reasons demonstrate why Milan represents the ideal setting to ensure the continuity of EMA's operations during the post-Brexit transition and offers the opportunity for a fulfilling personal and professional life:
1) A Smooth Relocation - The EMA will be hosted in a superbly located, ready-to-use state-owned building, the “Pirelli Building”. To foster retention, the EMA staff will be assisted in the transition by a newly established and fully dedicated Support Centre. Over 250 air connections per week with London will facilitate the transitional phase for staff needing to commute.
2) Europe at Your Fingertips - Three major airports (MPX, LIN, BGY) serve Milan with nearly 1,300 weekly flights to 27 EU capitals. A highly-developed rail and highway network connects the city to all other major Italian centres, to numerous globally renowned touristic destinations and to Italy’s neighboring countries.
3) The Best Hospitality - With nearly 100,000 beds and 17,400 restaurants and bars, Milan provides a wide range of accommodation and catering choices, very recently strengthened thanks to EXPO 2015. Located in the city center, the new EMA headquarters would have excellent access to a wide range of facilities.
4) Science and Innovation - A comprehensive network of international schools, eighteen universities and art academies will be available to those who relocate, together with an extensive network of public and private research institutions which create a vibrant environment for research and innovation. Italy has the second largest pharmaceutical industry in Europe in terms of production volumes, 60% of which are in Milan’s metropolitan area, and is the world’s largest exporter of medicines per capita.
5) EU Sinergy - The Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Commission’s science and knowledge Directorate General, is based in Ispra, approximately 50km North of Milan, and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is based in Parma, 120km South-East of the city. This creates the potential for three EU science and research bodies to be based within 200km of each other, providing ample opportunities for an effective collaboration.
6) Italian Lifestyle - Quality of life in Milan is among the very best in the world, with abundant high-quality housing at competitive prices, a state-of-the-art health system, a thriving artistic and cultural environment, a unique food scene, and an efficient public transport system including car and bike sharing schemes. Everything is in reach: the beauty of the Italian coastline, the charm of Italy’s lakes and the wonders of the highest mountains in Europe.
7) Career Opportunities - Milan is a leader in financial and banking services, engineering, communication, manufacturing, energy, and basic and applied research. The city also plays an unrivalled role in the design and fashion industry. Nearly 3,600 multinational companies, with 280,000 employees and a yearly turnover of €167 billion, have chosen Milan as their base to manage their operations in Italy, Europe and globally.
Fondazione Milano per EXPO
The Foundation is a no-profit organization operating since 2008 which contributed to the success of EXPO 2015, both in the bidding phase and during the universal exposition in Milan (May 1st - October 31st, 2015). Created by Assolombarda (the Lombardy regional association of entrepreneurs), the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza and Brianza and Lodi, and a group of entrepreneurs, the Foundation promotes international cooperation models featuring a high degree of social responsibility.
Press contact Fondazione Milano:
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Softomotive and Accelerate RPA Partner to Help Enterprises Achieve Faster Time to Value from RPA22.6.2018 18:13 | Tiedote
Softomotive, a world–class Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology provider offering best time to value and affordability for all sizes and types of enterprises, is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with AccelerateRPA, a high calibre professional services provider of trained and certified RPA Consultants within Robotic Process Automation. This partnership means that customers and end users of Softomotive’s software, will have additional knowledgeable and professional guidance available to help achieve significant value quickly from their investment in RPA. Companies who are looking to implement Softomotive’s RPA product suite (WinAutomation and ProcessRobot software) will now have direct access to AccelerateRPA’s highly skilled consultants and Developers. Further, AccelerateRPA has also become a licensed reseller of Softomotive’s products, offering customers a single point of contact for delivering both RPA software and services. Ashley Hudson, Director of AccelerateRPA,
Ascend Performance Materials Announces Price Increase for Intermediate Materials22.6.2018 17:00 | Tiedote
Ascend Performance Materials announced today a price increase for its intermediate materials. The price increase will take effect globally on July 1, 2018, and includes the following terms: Material Price Increase Terms Hexamethylene diamine (HMD) $0.17/lb. • As contracts allow. • Non-contract business – price determined on an order-by-order basis. Acrylonitrile (AN) $0.20/lb. • As contracts allow. • Non-contract business – price determined on an order-by-order basis. Customers should contact their local sales representative for additional information. About Ascend Performance Materials Ascend Performance Materials is a global premium provider of high-quality plastics, fibers and chemicals and is the world’s largest integrated producer of PA66 resin. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Ascend has eight global locations, including five fully-integrated manufacturing facilities located in the southeastern United States, all dedicated to the innovation and safe production of nylon 6,6. With
Different Countries, Different Customs: Get Ready for the Motorbike Holidays with Moto-tyres.co.uk22.6.2018 16:41 | Tiedote
Pack your bags, close the boot and get away on holiday? When you start your holidays on a motorcycle, you usually have to consider a few things more when getting ready for your trip. The right preparation is therefore a must. So that nothing stands in the way of a smooth journey, Moto-tyres.co.uk has put together some tips for your next trip. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180622005345/en/ Different countries, different customs: get ready for the motorbike holidays with Moto-tyres.co.uk (Photo: Business Wire) Whether a weekend trip or extended adventure, it all depends on the right equipment. Functional clothing, protectors and rain protection are a must on long trips. Wearing a suitable motorcycle helmet is a legal requirement almost everywhere. However, there are also very different rules and regulations for motorbike equipment and accessories depending on the destination, and you should familiarise yoursel
Boehringer Ingelheim bolsters biologics research and development with 230 million euro investment in new development center22.6.2018 15:00 | Tiedote
Today Boehringer Ingelheim announced a 230 million euro investment into a new Biologicals Development Center (BDC) at the company’s Research and Development site in Biberach, Germany during the foundation stone laying for the new center. “The BDC is another key building block supporting the company’s long-term strategy for increasing the pipeline’s share of biologicals. This is particularly driven by two of our core areas, immune oncology and immunology,” says Dr. Fridtjof Traulsen, Corporate Senior Vice President Development at Boehringer Ingelheim. “The share of new biological entities in Boehringer Ingelheim’s research pipeline has been consistently increasing over the past few years and has now reached forty percent.” The BDC will help to maximize synergies by integrating biologicals analytical and process development as well as manufacturing for clinical studies into one seamless unit, while at the same time increasing development capacity. Following a staggered launch beginning i
Announcement by Viking Corp on Tecnotree22.6.2018 14:09 | Tiedote
In the interests of stakeholder transparency, this announcement provides background and context to Viking's file bankruptcy proceedings upon Tecnotree: As many of you will now know, Viking Corp was recently forced to file bankruptcy proceedings upon Tecnotree, which were withdrawn on the 19 June. In the interests of stakeholder transparency, we make this Announcement to provide background and context to this action. Firstly, we would reflect on the recent history of our attempts to partner with Tecnotree and all its stakeholders. Viking launched a Tender Offer (TO), having conducted detailed discussions with the Tecnotree Board and our advisors. On the basis of those discussions, we were very confident that the TO price of 10 cents per share provided truly superior value for shareholders. So did the Tecnotree Board as evidenced by their unanimous recommendation of our Offer and of course, further evidenced by the current prevailing market price. This TO was supported in the most vigoro
HeartSciences Named “Start-Up to Watch”22.6.2018 14:00 | Tiedote
HeartSciences is delighted to have been highlighted as “Start-Up to Watch” in the June 8, 2018 issue of the MedTech Strategist. The article titled “HEARTSCIENCES: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IMPROVES FRONTLINE RISK STRATIFICATION FOR HEART DISEASES” discusses HeartSciences’ role in addressing the current challenges and significant unmet need to identify heart disease at an early stage and reduce the high prevalence of expensive diagnostic testing with low yields. The article highlights the enormous opportunity for HeartSciences’ breakthrough MyoVista® Wavelet ECG (wavECG™) technology to benefit patients and to reduce health system costs and references a recently published study titled “Prediction of Abnormal Myocardial Relaxation From Signal Processed Surface ECG” in the Journal of American College of Cardiology (JACC). This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180622005088/en/ MyoVista Wavelet ECG Cardiac Testing Device (P
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme