The Reasons Why Milan is the Best Choice for the European Medicines Agency
“With one of Europe’s best research and business environment, excellent links with Europe and the world, a vibrant and globally renowned lifestyle, as well as superb conditions for a smooth and effective relocation, Milan is ready to host the European Medicines Agency (EMA)” stated Prof. Silvio Garattini, eminent scientist and Director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, an authoritative foundation dedicated to world-class clinical and biomedical research.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005820/en/
View of the Pirelli Building in downtown Milan (Photo: Explora Tourism).
Seven reasons demonstrate why Milan represents the ideal setting to ensure the continuity of EMA's operations during the post-Brexit transition and offers the opportunity for a fulfilling personal and professional life:
1) A Smooth Relocation - The EMA will be hosted in a superbly located, ready-to-use state-owned building, the “Pirelli Building”. To foster retention, the EMA staff will be assisted in the transition by a newly established and fully dedicated Support Centre. Over 250 air connections per week with London will facilitate the transitional phase for staff needing to commute.
2) Europe at Your Fingertips - Three major airports (MPX, LIN, BGY) serve Milan with nearly 1,300 weekly flights to 27 EU capitals. A highly-developed rail and highway network connects the city to all other major Italian centres, to numerous globally renowned touristic destinations and to Italy’s neighboring countries.
3) The Best Hospitality - With nearly 100,000 beds and 17,400 restaurants and bars, Milan provides a wide range of accommodation and catering choices, very recently strengthened thanks to EXPO 2015. Located in the city center, the new EMA headquarters would have excellent access to a wide range of facilities.
4) Science and Innovation - A comprehensive network of international schools, eighteen universities and art academies will be available to those who relocate, together with an extensive network of public and private research institutions which create a vibrant environment for research and innovation. Italy has the second largest pharmaceutical industry in Europe in terms of production volumes, 60% of which are in Milan’s metropolitan area, and is the world’s largest exporter of medicines per capita.
5) EU Sinergy - The Joint Research Centre (JRC), the European Commission’s science and knowledge Directorate General, is based in Ispra, approximately 50km North of Milan, and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is based in Parma, 120km South-East of the city. This creates the potential for three EU science and research bodies to be based within 200km of each other, providing ample opportunities for an effective collaboration.
6) Italian Lifestyle - Quality of life in Milan is among the very best in the world, with abundant high-quality housing at competitive prices, a state-of-the-art health system, a thriving artistic and cultural environment, a unique food scene, and an efficient public transport system including car and bike sharing schemes. Everything is in reach: the beauty of the Italian coastline, the charm of Italy’s lakes and the wonders of the highest mountains in Europe.
7) Career Opportunities - Milan is a leader in financial and banking services, engineering, communication, manufacturing, energy, and basic and applied research. The city also plays an unrivalled role in the design and fashion industry. Nearly 3,600 multinational companies, with 280,000 employees and a yearly turnover of €167 billion, have chosen Milan as their base to manage their operations in Italy, Europe and globally.
Fondazione Milano per EXPO
The Foundation is a no-profit organization operating since 2008 which contributed to the success of EXPO 2015, both in the bidding phase and during the universal exposition in Milan (May 1st - October 31st, 2015). Created by Assolombarda (the Lombardy regional association of entrepreneurs), the Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza and Brianza and Lodi, and a group of entrepreneurs, the Foundation promotes international cooperation models featuring a high degree of social responsibility.
Press contact Fondazione Milano:
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Tan Delta: New Oil Condition Monitoring Kit for Gas Engine Operators Reduces Daily Operating Costs, Improves Equipment Efficiency and Extends Equipment Life.23.11.2017 16:38 | Tiedote
The new Gas Engine oil condition monitoring kit from Tan Delta Systems can be quickly and easily fitted to any gas engine and enables the oil to be monitored and tracked continuously in real time enabling significantly reduced maintenance costs, increased equipment efficiency and extended equipment life. Operators can expect their investment returned in under four months followed by many years of net financial and operational benefits. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171123005177/en/ Gas Engine Oil Condition Monitoring (Photo: Business Wire) The kit includes everything needed for quick and easy installation on any gas engine operating in any environment. No more need for expensive laboratory oil testing. Reduce daily operating costs by optimising maintenance schedules. Protect a
Making Institut Curie a Reference for Technology Transfer in Oncology23.11.2017 16:00 | Tiedote
Institut Curie has adopted an ambitious strategy for technology transfer and partnerships with innovative companies. This new dynamic, initiated within the framework of the 2015-2020 MC21 strategic plan (Marie Curie in the 21 st century), aims at positioning the Institut Curie as a reference for technology transfer in oncology. The strategy ambition to better accompany Institut Curie researchers and physicians in the protection, development and commercialization of their inventions, and reinforces support for the setting-up of collaborations with innovative companies. "The objective is to optimize the identification, promotion and transfer of all the scientific, technological and medical resources of the Institute in an open innovative approach" says Amaury Martin, Executive Director of Institut Curie Technology Transfer
Wealth Dynamix (WDX) Ranks No.18 in the 2017 Tech Track 100 by the Sunday Times and 19th Fastest Growing Technology Company in the UK in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 5023.11.2017 11:00 | Tiedote
WDX ranks No.18 in the 17th annual Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 league table league which consisted of the top 100 private technology, media and telecoms (TMT) companies in Britain. WDX recorded a 155% average annual sales growth per year over the last 3 years with sales reaching £6.4M in September 2016 and £9m by end of September 2017. More recently, in November 2017, WDX also announces ranking No.19 in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK. Rankings are based on percentage revenue growth over the last four years of which, WDX grew 1,563% during this period. WDX attributed this revenue growth to the team’s hard work and the positive change in attitude toward technology in the Wealth and Investment Management industry. WDX’s CEO, Gary Linieres credits the team with the company’s revenue growth. He sa
Mobidiag Signs Agreement with Interlux for the Distribution of Amplidiag® Diagnostic Tests and Instruments in Estonia23.11.2017 10:00 | Tiedote
Mobidiag Ltd, a Finnish molecular diagnostics company, today announced a distribution agreement with Interlux OÜ, supplier of technologies for medicine, science and biotechnology industry. Under this agreement, Interlux becomes the exclusive distributor of the Amplidiag® product line in Estonia, in vitro diagnostic tests and compatible instrument for the detection of gastrointestinal infections. “Thanks to a large distribution network, our Amplidiag product line is now accessible in most Western European countries. This new distribution agreement allows us to introduce the Amplidiag product line to the Baltic region starting with Estonia. We are then very happy to start this new partnership with Interlux to support us in this new market”, said Miquel Vernet, CCO at Mobidiag. “Cooperation with Mobidiag offers the customers of Interlux high-quality diagnostic results. I believ
OCP Announces Date of 2017 Third Quarter and Nine Month Results22.11.2017 19:59 | Tiedote
OCP S.A., a global leader in the fertilizer industry, will release its third quarter and nine month 2017 results on Thursday, November 30, 2017. The results will be available to holders of the Company’s bonds, qualified institutional buyers, securities analysts and market makers on the OCP Intralinks portal at 9 a.m. EDT and 2 p.m. Morocco/London time. OCP senior management will host a conference call to discuss 2017 third quarter/nine month results at 10 a.m. EDT and 3 p.m. Morocco/London time on Thursday, November 30, 2017 for holders of the Company’s bonds, qualified institutional buyers, securities analysts and market makers. Eligible parties that have not already registered for access to the Intralinks portal may do so by contacting the Investor Relations Department by emailing email@example.com. About OCP OCP is a global leader in the fert
Tata Motors Charts Out 'Connecting Aspirations' As Its New Corporate Brand Identity in Global Markets22.11.2017 17:46 | Tiedote
As part of the company’s transformation journey undertaken in 2016, Tata Motors commenced a comprehensive project to articulate its corporate branding. Basis a thorough analysis of the existing and the desired future state of the Company, Tata Motors has defined its new brand identity as ‘Connecting Aspirations’ across 46 markets, internationally. ‘Connecting Aspirations’, as the new defining maxim, represents the personality of the brand as an interconnected system of mobility solutions, that are intelligent, perceptive, warm and expressive. It’s a symbolic tagline that represents the company’s past, present and future. It is humble yet bold, a statement as well as a challenge. It will define the way Tata Motors communicates with its internal as well as external stakeholders, and work as an all-encompassing guiding principle across business units.” Speaking on the
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme