Visa Announces Team Visa Roster for the Upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Visa (NYSE:V) today announced its global Team Visa roster for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, comprised of over 40 Olympians and Paralympians from 17 countries, including Mikaela Shiffrin (USA), Chloe Kim (USA), Mark McMorris (Canada), Gus Kenworthy (USA), Oksana Masters (USA), Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea), Kamil Stoch (Poland), and Hilary Knight (USA). This team of Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls represent a diverse group of individuals representing a range of sports, from snowboarding and speed skating to ski jumping and figure skating.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170920005473/en/
Visa is excited to announce the #TeamVisa roster of athletes who are going for gold at #PyeongChang2018. (Photo: Business Wire)
A global Olympic partner for more than 30 years and Paralympic partner since 2003, Visa founded its Team Visa program in 2000, with the aim of providing athletes with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their lifelong dreams, both on and off the field of competition, regardless of their origin or background. Today, Team Visa is unified by athletes who embody Visa’s values of acceptance, partnership and inclusion, with athletic talent matched equally by their character.
“We are excited to welcome all of our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to Team Visa and we think this roster is the perfect embodiment of what the Visa brand stands for, as these athletes push boundaries every day in everything they do,” said Chris Curtin, chief marketing innovation and brand officer at Visa Inc. “Team Visa athletes remain at the heart of Visa and we are excited to cheer them on in their pursuit of Olympic and Paralympic Gold in PyeongChang.”
The following athletes officially joined Team Visa ahead of PyeongChang 2018:
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA, Alpine Skiing): After making history at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 as the youngest American to win Olympic Gold in Slalom, Mikaela is looking to solidify her place in Olympic Winter Games history by winning more Olympic medals than any other female alpine skier. During PyeongChang 2018, she is determined to compete in four individual events and the team competition.
- Chloe Kim (USA, Snowboard – Halfpipe): As a 13 year-old, Chloe qualified for the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and would have been a favorite to win Gold, but by rule was too young to compete. At the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, as a first generation Korean American, Chloe is looking to win her first Olympic Gold medal in her parents’ home country. The Southern Californian teen has quickly become the sport’s biggest star aiming to make her Olympic Winter Games mark in PyeongChang.
- Mark McMorris (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air): After a near-fatal crash in back-country British Columbia in March 2017, Mark’s determination to reach the top of the podium at PyeongChang 2018 is what is fueling his recovery to push himself beyond the limits. Given that he won bronze at Sochi 2014 just two weeks after suffering a fractured rib, Mark is determined to defy the odds once again at the Olympic Winter Games, and bring home Gold in the inaugural big air event – arguably his best event.
- Gus Kenworthy (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle & Halfpipe): As the first openly gay action sports athlete, Gus is a trailblazer on and off the slopes. In his Olympic Winter Games debut in Sochi 2014, Gus earned a Silver medal in the inaugural slopestyle event, and has his sights set on reaching the podium in both slopestyle & halfpipe at PyeongChang 2018. Off the slopes, Gus is a major advocate for the LGBTQ community, hoping to inspire others to be confident and open about their sexuality.
- Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea, Speed Skating): As a two-time Gold medalist, Lee, Sang Hwa is always pushing past her own limits on and off the ice. She was inspired to skate by her brother, but her parents could only afford to support one child in pursuit of the Olympic Winter Games dream, driving her to work harder to push past her personal boundaries. In 2018, Sang Hwa hopes to do what only one other Olympian has done – win a Gold medal in three consecutive Olympic Winter Games. With PyeongChang 2018 being held on her own turf, she is inspired more than ever to reach the top of the podium.
- Kamil Stoch (Poland, Ski Jumping): Born and raised in Zakopane, a Polish ski resort, Kamil Stoch learned to ski when he was three years old, and started jumping just one year later. By the time he was sixteen, Stoch made his World Cup debut and two years later he competed in his first Olympic Winter Games. At Sochi 2014, Stoch won two individual Golds, making him the third ski jumper in history to win both individual events.
- Oksana Masters (USA, Para cross-country skiing & Para biathlon): Oksana was born with complications that later were linked to nuclear radiation exposure and she was given up for adoption at a Ukrainian orphanage. Needless to say, the now three-time Paralympian has been defying all odds since birth. Oksana has three Paralympic medals under her belt (2 Bronze and 1 Silver), and is hungry for her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. She’s also hoping to make history. After missing the medal podium by 3 seconds in 2014, Oksana is aiming to be the first US athlete at the Olympic or Paralympic Winter Games to medal in Biathlon.
- Hilary Knight (USA, Ice Hockey): Hilary was a member of the United States Women’s Ice Hockey Team that won Silver medals at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and Vancouver 2010, and is hoping to bring home her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. Off the ice, Hilary is a leading advocate in the fight for equal compensation for female ice hockey players and also made history in 2014 when she became the first female skater (non-goalie) to practice with an NHL team.
Additional Team Visa athletes from around the globe include:
(USA, Ski Jumping), Maggie Voisin (USA, Freestyle Skiing –
Slopestyle), David Wise (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Halfpipe), Jamie
Anderson (USA, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Travis
Gerrits (Canada, Freestyle Skiing – Aerials), Charles Hamelin
(Canada, Short Track Speed Skating), Mac Marcoux (Canada, Para
alpine skiing), Scott Moir (Canada, Figure Skating), Spencer
O’Brien (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Tessa
Virtue (Canada, Figure Skating)
- Not Competing: Meryl Davis (USA, Figure Skating), Charlie White (USA, Figure Skating)
- Retired: Angela Ruggiero (USA, Ice Hockey)
- Asia: Park, Seung Hi (South Korea, Speed Skating), Beibei Chu (China, Para cross-country skiing), Han Cong (China, Figure Skating), Sui Wenjing (China, Figure Skating), Han Tianyu (China, Short Track Speed Skating), Zhang Yiwei (China, Snowboard – Halfpipe), Sara Takanashi (Japan, Ski Jumping), Noriaki Kasai (Japan, Ski Jumping), Park, Caroline (South Korea, Ice Hockey), Lee, Sang Ho (South Korea, Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Lim, Hyo Jun (South Korea, Short Track Speed Skating), Jung, Seung Hwan (South Korea, Para ice hockey) , Michael Christian Martinez (Philippines, Figure Skating)
- Europe: Ester Ledecka (Czech Republic, Alpine Skiing & Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Roope Tonteri (Finland, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Elise Christie (Great Britain, Short Track Speed Skating), Billy Morgan (Great Britain, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Peter Fill (Italy, Alpine Skiing), Marcus Kleveland (Norway, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Maxim Trankov (Russia, Figure Skating), Tatiana Volosozhar (Russia, Figure Skating), Stina Nilsson (Sweden, Cross-Country Skiing), Patrick Burgener (Switzerland, Snowboard – Halfpipe)
- Africa: Brolin Mawejje (Uganda, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air)
- South America: Dominique Ohaco (Chile, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle)
Tickets are currently available for purchase directly through the PyeongChang 2018 ticketing website for residents of Korea (including registered Non-Koreans residing in Korea) or through PyeongChang 2018’s Authorized Ticket Resellers for international residents. Starting from November, tickets will also be available on sale at outlets and main ticket centers in Korea. For more information on PyeongChang 2018 tickets, please visit: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/
For additional information on Team Visa, follow along at @VisaNews on Twitter and visit www.visa.com.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/aboutvisa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Quanergy Announces Availability of Power Over Ethernet for M8 LiDAR Sensor26.9.2018 17:09 | Tiedote
Quanergy Systems, Inc., a global leader in the design and development of solid state LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions, today announced the availability of its M8 LiDAR sensor with Power over Ethernet (PoE+). This new connector interface, designed specifically for the security market, allows the sensor to be easily installed and integrated with new or existing security systems, without costly custom wiring to power the LiDAR sensor. Surveillance systems leverage PoE to transmit power and data across the sensor and system. The IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) specification provides more power to PoE-powered devices and allows for a broader range of devices to be easily integrated into a network via standard Ethernet cable. The release of the M8 with PoE+ allows for a simpler, more flexible installation of LiDAR-based security systems. Its plug-and-play usability permits customers to make use of their existing security infrastructure when upgrading to a LiDAR-based security solution, leading
Moody’s Analytics and Thomson Reuters Partner on IFRS9 SPPI Solution for Fixed-Income Investors26.9.2018 16:11 | Tiedote
Moody’s Analytics, a leading provider of financial intelligence and analytics, partners with Thomson Reuters Financial and Risk business to offer a classification solution for conducting the Solely for Payment of Principal and Interest (SPPI) tests required under the IFRS9 accounting standard. The solution allows fixed-income investors to automate SPPI tests for securities in their portfolios by providing data on over 1.2 million corporate, government, and structured securities globally. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180926005527/en/ “We are pleased to partner with Thomson Reuters to bring fixed-income investors more comprehensive coverage of all asset classes in a single transparent and auditable solution,” said Luis Amador, Managing Director at Moody’s Analytics. In addition to securities held in clients’ portfolios, the solution permits users to conduct additional due diligence on bonds that have not been
Rimini Street Honored with Multiple Award Wins for Customer Service Excellence26.9.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
Rimini Street, Inc., (Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products, today announced it has been honored with multiple award wins from three prestigious award groups for the Company’s unwavering dedication to providing outstanding service delivery to clients around the world. Rimini Street won a total of thirteen awards across three prominent award organizations – Stevie® International Business Awards, Globee® Awards and Customer Sales and Service (CSS) World Awards® – in categories for Customer Service Department of the Year, Customer Service Leadership of the Year, Customer Service Team of the Year, Customer Service Executive of the Year, and Company of the Year. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180926005217/en/ Rimini Street Honored with Multiple Award Wins for Customer Service Excellence (Photo
SailPoint Named a Leader in Identity Management and Governance by Independent Research Firm26.9.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
SailPoint Technologies Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SAIL), the leader in enterprise identity governance, has been named a leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Identity Management and Governance, Q3 2018,” by Forrester Research, Inc. After conducting an exhaustive evaluation of vendors and their products in the identity management and governance (IMG) market, Forrester gave SailPoint the top ranking in all three evaluation categories: Strategy, Current Offering and Market Presence. In the Current Offering category, SailPoint’s Open Identity Platform, which includes IdentityIQ, IdentityNow, SecurityIQ and IdentityAI, received the highest possible score for 10 of the 12 criteria, including for the user account provisioning, identity analytics, and deployment options criterion. According to Forrester, in order to score a 5.0 out of a possible 5.0 points in the deployment options criterion, a vendor must support “an exceptional amount of deployment options for its IMG solution, including but not limite
Synteract Adds to Leadership Team with Rare and Orphan Disease Experts Lisa Dilworth and Elisabeth Schrader26.9.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
Synteract, an innovative contract research organization (CRO) enabling biopharma companies to bring new medicines to market, has added two experienced members to enhance its Rare and Orphan Diseases Center of Development. Lisa Dilworth joins as vice president, rare and orphan diseases, and Elisabeth Schrader as executive director, program strategy, pediatrics and rare diseases. Synteract has a long history of providing rare and orphan clinical trial expertise, across all phases of drug development, with more than 136 trials performed in the last five years across 50+ indications. It specializes in studies for diseases that affect a small portion of the population, where it applies its considerable operational acumen to studies that have never been done before. “Studies for diseases that affect a small portion of the population have been a mainstay of Synteract’s for many years. With extensive and varied backgrounds in rare and orphan drug development, Lisa and Elisabeth are excellent a
SimScale Releases Major User Interface Update for a Better Simulation Experience in the Cloud26.9.2018 15:34 | Tiedote
SimScale, the provider of the world’s first production-ready SaaS application for engineering simulation, announced today the release of their new workbench. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180926005496/en/ Conjugate heat transfer simulation of an electronics enclosure with SimScale (Graphic: Business Wire) SimScale Workbench 2.0 was built entirely from scratch on the latest, state-of-the-art technology stack, with the goal of drastically improving user productivity by decreasing loading time and increasing interaction speed. The SimScale web-based CAE platform is now as fast and interactive as a desktop application while taking advantage of the unlimited computing power of the cloud. Furthermore, the new solution stack sets the stage for major new features that are already in development and will be released soon. “Right from the start I love it! Well done. This is a really nice improvement,” said Ben Lewis,
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme