Visa Announces Team Visa Roster for the Upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Visa (NYSE:V) today announced its global Team Visa roster for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, comprised of over 40 Olympians and Paralympians from 17 countries, including Mikaela Shiffrin (USA), Chloe Kim (USA), Mark McMorris (Canada), Gus Kenworthy (USA), Oksana Masters (USA), Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea), Kamil Stoch (Poland), and Hilary Knight (USA). This team of Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls represent a diverse group of individuals representing a range of sports, from snowboarding and speed skating to ski jumping and figure skating.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170920005473/en/
Visa is excited to announce the #TeamVisa roster of athletes who are going for gold at #PyeongChang2018. (Photo: Business Wire)
A global Olympic partner for more than 30 years and Paralympic partner since 2003, Visa founded its Team Visa program in 2000, with the aim of providing athletes with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their lifelong dreams, both on and off the field of competition, regardless of their origin or background. Today, Team Visa is unified by athletes who embody Visa’s values of acceptance, partnership and inclusion, with athletic talent matched equally by their character.
“We are excited to welcome all of our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to Team Visa and we think this roster is the perfect embodiment of what the Visa brand stands for, as these athletes push boundaries every day in everything they do,” said Chris Curtin, chief marketing innovation and brand officer at Visa Inc. “Team Visa athletes remain at the heart of Visa and we are excited to cheer them on in their pursuit of Olympic and Paralympic Gold in PyeongChang.”
The following athletes officially joined Team Visa ahead of PyeongChang 2018:
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA, Alpine Skiing): After making history at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 as the youngest American to win Olympic Gold in Slalom, Mikaela is looking to solidify her place in Olympic Winter Games history by winning more Olympic medals than any other female alpine skier. During PyeongChang 2018, she is determined to compete in four individual events and the team competition.
- Chloe Kim (USA, Snowboard – Halfpipe): As a 13 year-old, Chloe qualified for the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and would have been a favorite to win Gold, but by rule was too young to compete. At the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, as a first generation Korean American, Chloe is looking to win her first Olympic Gold medal in her parents’ home country. The Southern Californian teen has quickly become the sport’s biggest star aiming to make her Olympic Winter Games mark in PyeongChang.
- Mark McMorris (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air): After a near-fatal crash in back-country British Columbia in March 2017, Mark’s determination to reach the top of the podium at PyeongChang 2018 is what is fueling his recovery to push himself beyond the limits. Given that he won bronze at Sochi 2014 just two weeks after suffering a fractured rib, Mark is determined to defy the odds once again at the Olympic Winter Games, and bring home Gold in the inaugural big air event – arguably his best event.
- Gus Kenworthy (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle & Halfpipe): As the first openly gay action sports athlete, Gus is a trailblazer on and off the slopes. In his Olympic Winter Games debut in Sochi 2014, Gus earned a Silver medal in the inaugural slopestyle event, and has his sights set on reaching the podium in both slopestyle & halfpipe at PyeongChang 2018. Off the slopes, Gus is a major advocate for the LGBTQ community, hoping to inspire others to be confident and open about their sexuality.
- Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea, Speed Skating): As a two-time Gold medalist, Lee, Sang Hwa is always pushing past her own limits on and off the ice. She was inspired to skate by her brother, but her parents could only afford to support one child in pursuit of the Olympic Winter Games dream, driving her to work harder to push past her personal boundaries. In 2018, Sang Hwa hopes to do what only one other Olympian has done – win a Gold medal in three consecutive Olympic Winter Games. With PyeongChang 2018 being held on her own turf, she is inspired more than ever to reach the top of the podium.
- Kamil Stoch (Poland, Ski Jumping): Born and raised in Zakopane, a Polish ski resort, Kamil Stoch learned to ski when he was three years old, and started jumping just one year later. By the time he was sixteen, Stoch made his World Cup debut and two years later he competed in his first Olympic Winter Games. At Sochi 2014, Stoch won two individual Golds, making him the third ski jumper in history to win both individual events.
- Oksana Masters (USA, Para cross-country skiing & Para biathlon): Oksana was born with complications that later were linked to nuclear radiation exposure and she was given up for adoption at a Ukrainian orphanage. Needless to say, the now three-time Paralympian has been defying all odds since birth. Oksana has three Paralympic medals under her belt (2 Bronze and 1 Silver), and is hungry for her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. She’s also hoping to make history. After missing the medal podium by 3 seconds in 2014, Oksana is aiming to be the first US athlete at the Olympic or Paralympic Winter Games to medal in Biathlon.
- Hilary Knight (USA, Ice Hockey): Hilary was a member of the United States Women’s Ice Hockey Team that won Silver medals at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and Vancouver 2010, and is hoping to bring home her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. Off the ice, Hilary is a leading advocate in the fight for equal compensation for female ice hockey players and also made history in 2014 when she became the first female skater (non-goalie) to practice with an NHL team.
Additional Team Visa athletes from around the globe include:
(USA, Ski Jumping), Maggie Voisin (USA, Freestyle Skiing –
Slopestyle), David Wise (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Halfpipe), Jamie
Anderson (USA, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Travis
Gerrits (Canada, Freestyle Skiing – Aerials), Charles Hamelin
(Canada, Short Track Speed Skating), Mac Marcoux (Canada, Para
alpine skiing), Scott Moir (Canada, Figure Skating), Spencer
O’Brien (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Tessa
Virtue (Canada, Figure Skating)
- Not Competing: Meryl Davis (USA, Figure Skating), Charlie White (USA, Figure Skating)
- Retired: Angela Ruggiero (USA, Ice Hockey)
- Asia: Park, Seung Hi (South Korea, Speed Skating), Beibei Chu (China, Para cross-country skiing), Han Cong (China, Figure Skating), Sui Wenjing (China, Figure Skating), Han Tianyu (China, Short Track Speed Skating), Zhang Yiwei (China, Snowboard – Halfpipe), Sara Takanashi (Japan, Ski Jumping), Noriaki Kasai (Japan, Ski Jumping), Park, Caroline (South Korea, Ice Hockey), Lee, Sang Ho (South Korea, Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Lim, Hyo Jun (South Korea, Short Track Speed Skating), Jung, Seung Hwan (South Korea, Para ice hockey) , Michael Christian Martinez (Philippines, Figure Skating)
- Europe: Ester Ledecka (Czech Republic, Alpine Skiing & Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Roope Tonteri (Finland, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Elise Christie (Great Britain, Short Track Speed Skating), Billy Morgan (Great Britain, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Peter Fill (Italy, Alpine Skiing), Marcus Kleveland (Norway, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Maxim Trankov (Russia, Figure Skating), Tatiana Volosozhar (Russia, Figure Skating), Stina Nilsson (Sweden, Cross-Country Skiing), Patrick Burgener (Switzerland, Snowboard – Halfpipe)
- Africa: Brolin Mawejje (Uganda, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air)
- South America: Dominique Ohaco (Chile, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle)
Tickets are currently available for purchase directly through the PyeongChang 2018 ticketing website for residents of Korea (including registered Non-Koreans residing in Korea) or through PyeongChang 2018’s Authorized Ticket Resellers for international residents. Starting from November, tickets will also be available on sale at outlets and main ticket centers in Korea. For more information on PyeongChang 2018 tickets, please visit: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/
For additional information on Team Visa, follow along at @VisaNews on Twitter and visit www.visa.com.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/aboutvisa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Avalara Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering and Full Exercise of the Underwriters’ Option to Purchase Additional Shares20.6.2018 00:20 | Tiedote
Avalara, Inc. (NYSE: AVLR) today announced the closing of its initial public offering of 8,625,000 shares of common stock, including the full exercise by the underwriters of their option to purchase 1,125,000 additional shares of common stock, at a price to the public of $24.00 per share. The shares began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on June 15, 2018 under the symbol “AVLR.” Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, J.P. Morgan, and BofA Merrill Lynch acted as book-running managers for the offering. JMP Securities, KeyBanc Capital Markets, and Stifel acted as co-managers. The offering was made only by means of a prospectus. Copies of the final prospectus related to the offering may be obtained from Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, NY 10282, or by telephone at 866-471-2526, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or from J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, or by telephone at
Unilever Calls on Content Creators and Distributors to Eradicate Stereotypes19.6.2018 20:42 | Tiedote
Unilever is calling on content creators and distributors to act now to eliminate outdated stereotypes. The move marks the latest step in the company’s industry-leading Unstereotype initiative, which launched two years ago with the aim of eliminating harmful and diminishing portrayals of people across advertising. As part of its Unstereotype commitment Unilever is expanding that initiative across all forms of content and branded entertainment, and today announces a three-year multi-million-dollar deal with Rexona, the world’s biggest deodorant brand, and Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment. Rexona (also known as Sure, Degree and Shield depending on the country) will partner with NOW UNITED, the first ever global pop group comprised of 14 artists from 14 countries including Brazil, China, Germany, India, Philippines, Senegal, US and UK. Together, will co-create content across multiple channels that unites different cultures through the joy of dance, celebrating movement and inspiring people
Universal Laser Systems Expands Its Materials Database with Henkel, Hexcel and Saint-Gobain Materials19.6.2018 15:05 | Tiedote
Universal Laser Systems (ULS) announces the addition of Henkel, Hexcel® and Saint-Gobain materials to its materials database, the most extensive repository of laser material processing parameters for materials in the range of 10 watts to 500 watts. The Henkel, Hexcel and Saint-Gobain materials new to the ULS materials database were specifically added for laser processing with the ULTRA and XLS platforms, suited for high accuracy and precision laser cutting, laser ablation and laser surface modification. The materials include: Henkel Bergquist™ Gap Pad® VO Thermal Material Henkel Bergquist™ Hi-Flow® 105 Thermal Material Henkel LOCTITE® EA 7000 AERO Film Henkel Hysol® EA 9696 AERO Film Henkel Bergquist™ Sil-Pad A2000 Thermal Material Hexcel® HexForce® 353 Aramid Fabric Hexcel® HexForce® 282 Carbon Fabric Saint-Gobain CHEMFILM® DF100 Cast PTFE Film Saint-Gobain CHEMFILM® ETFE-E2 Extruded Fluoropolymer Film Laser processing notes, describing the results of the laser-material interaction fo
Valence Advises Itaúsa on Sale of Brazilian Chemical Co Elekeiroz to H.I.G. Capital19.6.2018 14:57 | Tiedote
The Valence Group acted as advisor to Itaúsa on its sale of Brazilian chemical company Elekeiroz for R$160 million (EV), reduced by the net debt and proportionate to its shareholding (96.5% of total capital stock). The Company is a leading local producer of oxo-alcohols, plasticizers and anhydrides. About Itaúsa Itaúsa is a Brazilian holding company which controls several companies active in areas such as the financial sector; industries include wood panels, bathroom fittings and fixtures; infra-structure; and retail. It is one of the largest private conglomerates in Brazil and one of the largest in the world. About Elekeiroz Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Várzea Paulista – São Paulo, Elekeiroz operates in the chemicals manufacturing market. Through two production sites in Várzea Paulista and Camaçari – Bahia, the Company’s portfolio includes Oxo-Alcohols, Plasticizers, Phthalic & Maleic Anhydrides, Sulfuric Acid and other by-products. Elekeiroz has a diversified client base, com
Dole Adds Industry Veteran Michael Solomon as President of Dole Fresh Vegetables19.6.2018 13:00 | Tiedote
Dole Food Company, Inc. announced the appointment of Michael H. Solomon as the new President of Dole Fresh Vegetables effective June 18, 2018. As Dole Fresh Vegetables President, Solomon will have responsibility for all of the division's operations across North America. He will report directly to Dole Food Company President and Chief Executive Officer Johan Linden. With 30 years experience, including within the food and beverage industry, Solomon has a proven success record of taking high-performance brands to the next level, increasing performance and margins in sales, plant operations, and profit growth. Among other positions, Solomon has held roles of President of POM Wonderful and President and CEO of Ready Pac Foods, Inc., prior to joining Dole. “Michael has built an impressive track record of strategic, operational and commercial accomplishments,” said Johan Linden, President and Chief Executive Officer of Dole Food Company. “He has considerable experience and knowledge of the fr
Enamine and TBD Biodiscovery Collaborate to Provide GMP-Based Services19.6.2018 11:08 | Tiedote
Enamine Ltd., a chemical research organization and producer of novel building blocks and screening libraries, and TBD Biodiscovery, a premium GMP manufacturer of fine chemicals including chemical active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), today announced they have entered into a collaboration agreement. The partnership aims to manage the transition of chemical synthesis of novel intermediates from laboratory to bulk scale under GMP standards utilizing Enamine’s know-how and process development expertise. This will help researchers meet the manufacturing feasibility criteria required for drug candidate selection, providing a rapid and cost effective scaled supply of new compounds. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180619005582/en/ Enamine’s catalogue of building blocks is the largest in the world and has been widely used by pharmaceutical companies for more than 15 years to develop lead compounds and drug candidat
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme