Visa Announces Team Visa Roster for the Upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Visa (NYSE:V) today announced its global Team Visa roster for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, comprised of over 40 Olympians and Paralympians from 17 countries, including Mikaela Shiffrin (USA), Chloe Kim (USA), Mark McMorris (Canada), Gus Kenworthy (USA), Oksana Masters (USA), Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea), Kamil Stoch (Poland), and Hilary Knight (USA). This team of Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls represent a diverse group of individuals representing a range of sports, from snowboarding and speed skating to ski jumping and figure skating.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170920005473/en/
Visa is excited to announce the #TeamVisa roster of athletes who are going for gold at #PyeongChang2018. (Photo: Business Wire)
A global Olympic partner for more than 30 years and Paralympic partner since 2003, Visa founded its Team Visa program in 2000, with the aim of providing athletes with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their lifelong dreams, both on and off the field of competition, regardless of their origin or background. Today, Team Visa is unified by athletes who embody Visa’s values of acceptance, partnership and inclusion, with athletic talent matched equally by their character.
“We are excited to welcome all of our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to Team Visa and we think this roster is the perfect embodiment of what the Visa brand stands for, as these athletes push boundaries every day in everything they do,” said Chris Curtin, chief marketing innovation and brand officer at Visa Inc. “Team Visa athletes remain at the heart of Visa and we are excited to cheer them on in their pursuit of Olympic and Paralympic Gold in PyeongChang.”
The following athletes officially joined Team Visa ahead of PyeongChang 2018:
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA, Alpine Skiing): After making history at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 as the youngest American to win Olympic Gold in Slalom, Mikaela is looking to solidify her place in Olympic Winter Games history by winning more Olympic medals than any other female alpine skier. During PyeongChang 2018, she is determined to compete in four individual events and the team competition.
- Chloe Kim (USA, Snowboard – Halfpipe): As a 13 year-old, Chloe qualified for the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and would have been a favorite to win Gold, but by rule was too young to compete. At the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, as a first generation Korean American, Chloe is looking to win her first Olympic Gold medal in her parents’ home country. The Southern Californian teen has quickly become the sport’s biggest star aiming to make her Olympic Winter Games mark in PyeongChang.
- Mark McMorris (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air): After a near-fatal crash in back-country British Columbia in March 2017, Mark’s determination to reach the top of the podium at PyeongChang 2018 is what is fueling his recovery to push himself beyond the limits. Given that he won bronze at Sochi 2014 just two weeks after suffering a fractured rib, Mark is determined to defy the odds once again at the Olympic Winter Games, and bring home Gold in the inaugural big air event – arguably his best event.
- Gus Kenworthy (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle & Halfpipe): As the first openly gay action sports athlete, Gus is a trailblazer on and off the slopes. In his Olympic Winter Games debut in Sochi 2014, Gus earned a Silver medal in the inaugural slopestyle event, and has his sights set on reaching the podium in both slopestyle & halfpipe at PyeongChang 2018. Off the slopes, Gus is a major advocate for the LGBTQ community, hoping to inspire others to be confident and open about their sexuality.
- Lee, Sang Hwa (South Korea, Speed Skating): As a two-time Gold medalist, Lee, Sang Hwa is always pushing past her own limits on and off the ice. She was inspired to skate by her brother, but her parents could only afford to support one child in pursuit of the Olympic Winter Games dream, driving her to work harder to push past her personal boundaries. In 2018, Sang Hwa hopes to do what only one other Olympian has done – win a Gold medal in three consecutive Olympic Winter Games. With PyeongChang 2018 being held on her own turf, she is inspired more than ever to reach the top of the podium.
- Kamil Stoch (Poland, Ski Jumping): Born and raised in Zakopane, a Polish ski resort, Kamil Stoch learned to ski when he was three years old, and started jumping just one year later. By the time he was sixteen, Stoch made his World Cup debut and two years later he competed in his first Olympic Winter Games. At Sochi 2014, Stoch won two individual Golds, making him the third ski jumper in history to win both individual events.
- Oksana Masters (USA, Para cross-country skiing & Para biathlon): Oksana was born with complications that later were linked to nuclear radiation exposure and she was given up for adoption at a Ukrainian orphanage. Needless to say, the now three-time Paralympian has been defying all odds since birth. Oksana has three Paralympic medals under her belt (2 Bronze and 1 Silver), and is hungry for her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. She’s also hoping to make history. After missing the medal podium by 3 seconds in 2014, Oksana is aiming to be the first US athlete at the Olympic or Paralympic Winter Games to medal in Biathlon.
- Hilary Knight (USA, Ice Hockey): Hilary was a member of the United States Women’s Ice Hockey Team that won Silver medals at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and Vancouver 2010, and is hoping to bring home her first Gold at PyeongChang 2018. Off the ice, Hilary is a leading advocate in the fight for equal compensation for female ice hockey players and also made history in 2014 when she became the first female skater (non-goalie) to practice with an NHL team.
Additional Team Visa athletes from around the globe include:
(USA, Ski Jumping), Maggie Voisin (USA, Freestyle Skiing –
Slopestyle), David Wise (USA, Freestyle Skiing – Halfpipe), Jamie
Anderson (USA, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Travis
Gerrits (Canada, Freestyle Skiing – Aerials), Charles Hamelin
(Canada, Short Track Speed Skating), Mac Marcoux (Canada, Para
alpine skiing), Scott Moir (Canada, Figure Skating), Spencer
O’Brien (Canada, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Tessa
Virtue (Canada, Figure Skating)
- Not Competing: Meryl Davis (USA, Figure Skating), Charlie White (USA, Figure Skating)
- Retired: Angela Ruggiero (USA, Ice Hockey)
- Asia: Park, Seung Hi (South Korea, Speed Skating), Beibei Chu (China, Para cross-country skiing), Han Cong (China, Figure Skating), Sui Wenjing (China, Figure Skating), Han Tianyu (China, Short Track Speed Skating), Zhang Yiwei (China, Snowboard – Halfpipe), Sara Takanashi (Japan, Ski Jumping), Noriaki Kasai (Japan, Ski Jumping), Park, Caroline (South Korea, Ice Hockey), Lee, Sang Ho (South Korea, Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Lim, Hyo Jun (South Korea, Short Track Speed Skating), Jung, Seung Hwan (South Korea, Para ice hockey) , Michael Christian Martinez (Philippines, Figure Skating)
- Europe: Ester Ledecka (Czech Republic, Alpine Skiing & Snowboard – Parallel Slalom), Roope Tonteri (Finland, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Elise Christie (Great Britain, Short Track Speed Skating), Billy Morgan (Great Britain, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Peter Fill (Italy, Alpine Skiing), Marcus Kleveland (Norway, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air), Maxim Trankov (Russia, Figure Skating), Tatiana Volosozhar (Russia, Figure Skating), Stina Nilsson (Sweden, Cross-Country Skiing), Patrick Burgener (Switzerland, Snowboard – Halfpipe)
- Africa: Brolin Mawejje (Uganda, Snowboard – Slopestyle & Big Air)
- South America: Dominique Ohaco (Chile, Freestyle Skiing – Slopestyle)
Tickets are currently available for purchase directly through the PyeongChang 2018 ticketing website for residents of Korea (including registered Non-Koreans residing in Korea) or through PyeongChang 2018’s Authorized Ticket Resellers for international residents. Starting from November, tickets will also be available on sale at outlets and main ticket centers in Korea. For more information on PyeongChang 2018 tickets, please visit: https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/
For additional information on Team Visa, follow along at @VisaNews on Twitter and visit www.visa.com.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/aboutvisa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
c-LEcta: Successful Transformation into a Product Company in 2018 with a Promising Outlook for 201913.12.2018 10:00 | Tiedote
c-LEcta, a globally active biotechnology company with technology leadership in enzyme engineering and bioprocess development for regulated markets such as the food and pharmaceutical industries, continued its successful development towards becoming a product company in fiscal year 2018. Successful products marketed by c-LEcta itself such as DENARASE ® contributed to this development. The company also actively advanced the expansion of its corporate structures to support its current growth course and successfully exploit future market potentials. For c-LEcta, the end of fiscal year 2018 has been marked by successful transformation. The company is going through a development process from a project company into a product company to better exploit existing market potentials in the food and pharmaceutical industries, and to continue its strong growth. Project business activities as a service business in contract research were completely discontinued last year on strategic grounds. This step
Gemalto and GlobalmatiX Go Full Speed with High Performance IoT Automotive Telematics13.12.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
To meet growing demand for secure, high performance IoT telematics solutions, Gemalto and GlobalmatiX, a fully owned subsidiary of Softing AG, have teamed up to deliver an innovative solution that excelled in the grueling Porsche GT4 Cup championship race. The Gemalto Cinterion LTE Cat. 1 IoT Module and a Gemalto eSIM delivered secure, reliable wireless connectivity for the GlobalmatiX Telematics Control Unit (xTCU) enabling continuous monitoring, communications and remote predictive maintenance. The solution is available immediately to global OEMs. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181212005599/en/ Automotive Telematics. Credit: GlobalmatiX Gemalto-enabled telematics device is racecar tested and approved Installed in a Porsche Cayman GT4 racecar, the Gemalto-enabled GlobalmatiX xTCU device was put to the test at Nürburgring racecourse, excelling under extreme conditions of heat, vibration and speeds of up to 28
Tilray® Announces International Advisory Board13.12.2018 08:01 | Tiedote
Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY), a global pioneer in cannabis production and distribution, today announced the formation of its International Advisory Board, an esteemed group of business and government leaders who will provide guidance to Tilray’s executive team and Board of Directors as the company pursues its aggressive global growth strategy. “We are honored to welcome this impressive group of distinguished leaders to the Tilray team,” says Brendan Kennedy, Tilray CEO. “As we pioneer the future of our industry around the world, the experts on our International Advisory Board will advise us on our rapidly expanding global business.” Inaugural members of Tilray’s International Advisory Board include: Governor Howard Dean is a former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman, presidential candidate, six-term Governor of Vermont, and physician. Gov. Dean is also the founder of Democracy for America, a lecturer at Yale University and a strategic consultant for the global law firm Dentons.
AIDUS Coin Successfully Raises Investment from CoinBene, the World's Leading Exchange13.12.2018 03:00 | Tiedote
AISYS GLOBAL PTE. LTD. announced that it has received investment from CoinBene, one of the world’s leading crypto assets exchanges. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181212005153/en/ Investment contract ceremony between CoinBene and AISYS GLOBAL. Left: CoinBene CMO Daniel Lee. Right AISYS GLOBAL Founder Ted Min (Photo: Business Wire) AISYS GLOBAL is building the AIDUS Decentralized Fund Platform (ADFP), where users can subscribe to funds only via AIDUS coin. ADFP is the platform to connect investors and asset management companies with AIDUS coin without barriers of borders, language, currency. The most important part of the ADFP is the Smart QTS (Quant Trading System), which boasts an annual average return of 100% (as of December 1, 2018). Smart QTS is an automated trading program that has been validated through more than 15 years of development and over four years of operational performance. The weekly returns
The Epic Showdown Against the Black Mage Begins Now in MapleStory13.12.2018 01:12 | Tiedote
MapleStory, the iconic free-to-play global MMORPG from Nexon, has launched the final chapter of the war with the game’s long-awaited villain, the Black Mage. The most anticipated clash event in Maple history brings two brand new Tenebris areas, an epic duel against Black Mage’s leading Commander Verus Hilla, and the monumental battle against the Black Mage himself. Players level 200 or higher who have completed the 5th job advancement can access the Labyrinth of Suffering, Tenebris’ second area. At the end of the quest, players will find Verus Hilla, one of the Black Mage’s leading Commanders, ready to fight. Limina, Tenebris’ final area, is also available as players must help the Tenebris expedition escape dangerous situations inside to complete the Journey of Destiny. In addition, every class will receive a new 5th job skill to fight the Black Mage and once the Maple Alliance gathers enough Determination to power up the Spark of Determination, all out war breaks loose as the highly a
Pacific Drilling Announces Relisting on NYSE13.12.2018 01:11 | Tiedote
Pacific Drilling S.A. (OTC: PACDD) (the “Company”) today announced that it has received approval to relist its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) under the ticker symbol “PACD.” The Company expects that its common shares will commence trading on the NYSE at the market open on December 18, 2018. About Pacific Drilling With its best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is committed to becoming the industry’s preferred high-specification, deepwater drilling contractor. Pacific Drilling’s fleet of seven drillships represents one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world. Pacific Drilling has its principal offices in Luxembourg and Houston. For more information about Pacific Drilling, including our current Fleet Status, please visit our website at www.pacificdrilling.com. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181212005880/en/ Contact information Investor Contact: Johannes
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme