Amazon Customers Shop at Record Levels Again This Holiday Season – Cyber Monday 2019 Becomes the Single Biggest Shopping Day in the Company’s History
(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today announced that Cyber Monday was once again the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history, based on the number of items ordered worldwide. Customers all around the world shopped at record levels across a wide selection, with hundreds of millions of products ordered worldwide between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, alone. Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally and the best-selling items were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“We’re focused on making this holiday season more convenient than ever for our customers, especially given how short this holiday shopping season will be,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon. “We are thrilled that customers continue to come to Amazon in record numbers to discover what they need and want for the holidays. Thank you to our customers and employees all around the world for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”
Holiday Weekend Highlights:
- Customers worldwide purchased more toys this Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined than ever before. Among the tens of millions of toys purchased during this time period, best-sellers included LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader's Castle, Monopoly Game: Disney Frozen 2 Edition and Hasbro games such as Jenga, Guess Who and Candy Land Kingdom of Sweet Adventures.
- Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day for Amazon Fashion worldwide, with more items purchased than any other single day in the company’s history. Best-sellers included Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat and Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Hoodie.
- Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 25 million home items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
- Best-sellers on Black Friday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Instant Pot Duo80 – 8 Quart, 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service: Personal Genetic DNA Test, L.O.L. Surprise! Winter Disco Bigger Surprise and iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum.
- Customers worldwide purchased more than four million beauty products this Cyber Monday compared to last year, with best-sellers including Oral-B Genius Pro 900 Electric Toothbrush, Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara.
- Top-selling categories worldwide include Toys, Home, Fashion and Health and Personal Care.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores on Cyber Monday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cookie Creations, Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker and LEGO City Ambulance Helicopter 60179 Building Kit.
- Independent third-party sellers in Amazon’s Stores — mostly small and medium-sized businesses – sold more items during Cyber Monday 2019 than any other 24-hour period in the company’s history.
- For the third year in a row, Whole Foods Market broke its all-time record of turkeys sold during the Thanksgiving season.
- Amazon delivered millions of grocery items to Prime members in the U.S. through the five days between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday. Best sellers from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market delivery included Honeycrisp apples, lemons and avocados.
- Top selling items at Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star stores over the holiday weekend included the Amazon Smart Plug, Echo Dot and All-New Echo Dot Smart Speaker with Clock, L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls, Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14), and the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision.
Record-Breaking Weekend for Devices
- Shoppers purchased a record number of Amazon Devices globally this holiday weekend.
- Amazon customers worldwide purchased millions more Amazon Devices, compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally, including Echo devices, Fire TV devices, Kindle devices, and Fire tablets.
- It was a record-breaking holiday shopping weekend for smart home devices in Amazon’s Stores globally with shoppers purchasing millions of smart home devices, including iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum, Furbo Dog Camera, and Wemo Mini Smart Plug.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores globally were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
Holidays Made Fast, Free and Convenient
- Ultrafast and FREE grocery delivery: Now Prime members get free and fast grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. Selection includes a variety of products for all your holiday needs from meat to seafood, produce, snacks, and household essentials, with options for fast one- and two-hour delivery windows. Prime members who live in one of the more than 2,000 cities and towns where grocery delivery is available can request an invitation to shop Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods Market delivery. Learn more at amazon.com/grocery.
- Procrastinators Delight: In addition to free delivery on more than 100 million items for all Amazon customers, Prime members in the U.S. can shop a selection of over 10 million items for Prime Free One-Day Delivery and millions of items available for Same-Day Delivery in 46 major metropolitan areas.
- More Delivery Options Than Ever: This holiday season, customers can pick-up their packages at a number of Amazon Hub locations including thousands of in-store staffed Counter pickup points across the U.S. within Rite Aid, GNC and Stage stores, as well as at Health Mart independent pharmacies. Additionally, tens of millions of products can be easily and conveniently delivered to 900 cities and towns across the country via Locker or Locker+. To find an Amazon Hub location, visit amazon.com/Hub. In addition, Prime members in 50 U.S. cities and surrounding areas can also enjoy secure, convenient package delivery with Key by Amazon (amazon.com/key). Prime members who don’t want to spoil the surprise by having their package arrive on a day when their loved ones are home can use Amazon Day (amazon.com/amazonday) to select a personalized delivery day for their holiday purchases.
Landing Page: amazon.com/cybermonday
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Kite Announces Long-term Data From ZUMA-1 Showing Approximately Half of Refractory Large B-cell Lymphoma Patients Were Alive Three Years After Yescarta Treatment7.12.2019 22:00:00 EET | Press release
Kite, a Gilead Company (Nasdaq: GILD), today announced new data from the ZUMA-1 trial of Yescarta® (axicabtagene ciloleucel) in adult patients with refractory large B-cell lymphoma. These results included updated overall survival data from the pivotal phase 2 study after three years following a single infusion of Yescarta, as well as an analysis from a separate safety management cohort of patients receiving early steroid intervention for cytokine release syndrome (CRS) and neurologic events. The data were presented today at the 61st American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting & Exposition, in Orlando from December 7–10, 2019. With a minimum follow-up of three years after a single infusion of Yescarta (median follow-up of 39.1 months), approximately half (n=47/101; 47 percent) of patients with refractory large B-cell lymphoma in ZUMA-1 pivotal phase 2 cohorts were alive, and the median overall survival (OS) was 25.8 months. These updated three-year survival data were presented a
Janssen Presents Initial Results for BCMA CAR-T Therapy JNJ-4528 Showing Early, Deep and High Responses in the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma7.12.2019 18:20:00 EET | Press release
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced today initial results from the Phase 1b/2 CARTITUDE-1 study (NCT03548207) evaluating the efficacy and safety of JNJ-68284528 (JNJ-4528), an investigational B cell maturation antigen (BCMA)-directed chimeric antigen receptor T cell (CAR-T) therapy being evaluated in the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. The study enrolled patients who had received at least three prior lines of therapy or were double refractory to a proteasome inhibitor (PI) and an immunomodulatory drug (IMiD); had received a PI, IMiD and an anti-CD38 antibody. The CARTITUDE-1 study results, premiered at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting, were featured as an oral presentation and highlighted in the official ASH press programme (Abstract #577).1 Results from the Phase 1b portion of the CARTITUDE-1 study showed early and deep responses among patients (n=29) with a median of five prior multiple myeloma
Imbruvica®▼(ibrutinib) Combination Therapy Data From Two Studies and Long-Term Integrated Analysis Presented at ASH 2019 Show Efficacy and Safety in First-Line Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia7.12.2019 18:18:00 EET | Press release
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced combination data from two studies and a long-term integrated analysis evaluating the use of Imbruvica® (ibrutinib) for the treatment of previously untreated patients with CLL. Results from a 48-month follow-up analysis of the Phase 3 E1912 clinical study reported a statistically significant difference in PFS and OS for ibrutinib plus rituximab compared to a standard chemoimmunotherapy regimen of FCR.1 Further, the latest integrated analysis from the Phase 3 RESONATETM (PCYC-1112) and RESONATETM-2 (PCYC-1115/1116) studies investigating the use of single-agent ibrutinib in CLL, reported at up to six years of follow-up, PFS, OS and response rates improved when ibrutinib was used in earlier lines of therapy.2 During this extended follow-up, ibrutinib was tolerated across all lines of therapy with 19 percent of patients discontinuing due to adverse events.2 In addition, results presented from the Phase 2 CAPTIVATE stu
Takeda to Present Results from the Phase 3 TOURMALINE-AL1 Trial of NINLARO in Patients with Amyloidosis7.12.2019 17:30:00 EET | Press release
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK) today announced that results of the TOURMALINE-AL1 trial will be presented during an oral session at the 61st American Society of Hematology (ASH) annual meeting on Saturday, December 7, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. TOURMALINE-AL1 is a Phase 3, randomized clinical trial evaluating the effect of NINLAROTM (ixazomib) in combination with dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory systemic light-chain (AL) amyloidosis. The TOURMALINE-AL1 trial did not meet the first of the two primary endpoints of significant improvement in overall hematologic response, as reported in June 2019. Hematologic responses were seen in 53% versus 51% of patients receiving NINLARO plus dexamethasone versus physician’s choice (odds ratio 1.10 [95% CI 0.60-2.01], p=0.762) as assessed by an Adjudication Committee (AC). The second primary endpoint of two-year vital organ deterioration or death was not mature at the time of analysis. Other endpoints stu
Schlumberger Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2019 Results Conference Call6.12.2019 21:07:00 EET | Press release
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB) will hold a conference call on January 17, 2020 to discuss the results for the fourth quarter and full year ending December 31, 2019. The conference call is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am US Eastern time and a press release regarding the results will be issued at 7:00 am US Eastern time. To access the conference call, listeners should contact the Conference Call Operator at +1 (844) 721-7241 within North America or +1 (409) 207-6955 outside of North America approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the call and the access code is 4013483. A webcast of the conference call will be broadcast simultaneously at www.slb.com/irwebcast on a listen-only basis. Listeners should log in 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to test their browsers and register for the webcast. Following the end of the conference call, a replay will be available at www.slb.com/irwebcast until February 17, 2020, and can be accessed by dialing +1 (866) 207-1041 within North Amer
BUFF STUDIO Globally Launches My Coloring, a Mobile 3D Pixel Art Coloring Book Game6.12.2019 16:00:00 EET | Press release
BUFF STUDIO announced on December 5 that it launched My Coloring, a mobile 3D pixel art coloring book game, in 155 countries simultaneously. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191206005162/en/ BUFF STUDIO launched My Coloring, a mobile 3D pixel art coloring book game, in 155 countries simultaneously. My Coloring is a game that materializes a 3D pixel art coloring book on mobile devices. You can blow your stress away as you paint spaces in the order of numbers on the screen while reading calming messages. Relaxing background music you will listen during gameplay and its fairytale-like design will give you pleasure and happiness. You can download it for free on Google Play and the Apple App Store. (Graphic: Business Wire) Its Android and iOS versions were released at the same time so the users can download it for free on Google Play and the Apple App Store. My Coloring is a game that materializes a 3D pixel art col
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom