Amazon Customers Shop at Record Levels Again This Holiday Season – Cyber Monday 2019 Becomes the Single Biggest Shopping Day in the Company’s History
(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today announced that Cyber Monday was once again the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history, based on the number of items ordered worldwide. Customers all around the world shopped at record levels across a wide selection, with hundreds of millions of products ordered worldwide between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, alone. Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally and the best-selling items were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“We’re focused on making this holiday season more convenient than ever for our customers, especially given how short this holiday shopping season will be,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon. “We are thrilled that customers continue to come to Amazon in record numbers to discover what they need and want for the holidays. Thank you to our customers and employees all around the world for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”
Holiday Weekend Highlights:
- Customers worldwide purchased more toys this Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined than ever before. Among the tens of millions of toys purchased during this time period, best-sellers included LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader's Castle, Monopoly Game: Disney Frozen 2 Edition and Hasbro games such as Jenga, Guess Who and Candy Land Kingdom of Sweet Adventures.
- Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day for Amazon Fashion worldwide, with more items purchased than any other single day in the company’s history. Best-sellers included Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat and Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Hoodie.
- Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 25 million home items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
- Best-sellers on Black Friday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Instant Pot Duo80 – 8 Quart, 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service: Personal Genetic DNA Test, L.O.L. Surprise! Winter Disco Bigger Surprise and iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum.
- Customers worldwide purchased more than four million beauty products this Cyber Monday compared to last year, with best-sellers including Oral-B Genius Pro 900 Electric Toothbrush, Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara.
- Top-selling categories worldwide include Toys, Home, Fashion and Health and Personal Care.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores on Cyber Monday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cookie Creations, Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker and LEGO City Ambulance Helicopter 60179 Building Kit.
- Independent third-party sellers in Amazon’s Stores — mostly small and medium-sized businesses – sold more items during Cyber Monday 2019 than any other 24-hour period in the company’s history.
- For the third year in a row, Whole Foods Market broke its all-time record of turkeys sold during the Thanksgiving season.
- Amazon delivered millions of grocery items to Prime members in the U.S. through the five days between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday. Best sellers from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market delivery included Honeycrisp apples, lemons and avocados.
- Top selling items at Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star stores over the holiday weekend included the Amazon Smart Plug, Echo Dot and All-New Echo Dot Smart Speaker with Clock, L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls, Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14), and the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision.
Record-Breaking Weekend for Devices
- Shoppers purchased a record number of Amazon Devices globally this holiday weekend.
- Amazon customers worldwide purchased millions more Amazon Devices, compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally, including Echo devices, Fire TV devices, Kindle devices, and Fire tablets.
- It was a record-breaking holiday shopping weekend for smart home devices in Amazon’s Stores globally with shoppers purchasing millions of smart home devices, including iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum, Furbo Dog Camera, and Wemo Mini Smart Plug.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores globally were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
Holidays Made Fast, Free and Convenient
- Ultrafast and FREE grocery delivery: Now Prime members get free and fast grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. Selection includes a variety of products for all your holiday needs from meat to seafood, produce, snacks, and household essentials, with options for fast one- and two-hour delivery windows. Prime members who live in one of the more than 2,000 cities and towns where grocery delivery is available can request an invitation to shop Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods Market delivery. Learn more at amazon.com/grocery.
- Procrastinators Delight: In addition to free delivery on more than 100 million items for all Amazon customers, Prime members in the U.S. can shop a selection of over 10 million items for Prime Free One-Day Delivery and millions of items available for Same-Day Delivery in 46 major metropolitan areas.
- More Delivery Options Than Ever: This holiday season, customers can pick-up their packages at a number of Amazon Hub locations including thousands of in-store staffed Counter pickup points across the U.S. within Rite Aid, GNC and Stage stores, as well as at Health Mart independent pharmacies. Additionally, tens of millions of products can be easily and conveniently delivered to 900 cities and towns across the country via Locker or Locker+. To find an Amazon Hub location, visit amazon.com/Hub. In addition, Prime members in 50 U.S. cities and surrounding areas can also enjoy secure, convenient package delivery with Key by Amazon (amazon.com/key). Prime members who don’t want to spoil the surprise by having their package arrive on a day when their loved ones are home can use Amazon Day (amazon.com/amazonday) to select a personalized delivery day for their holiday purchases.
Landing Page: amazon.com/cybermonday
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Piper Sandler Advises Momentive Performance Materials on the Sale of its Consumer Sealants Business to Henkel Corporation7.8.2020 21:55:00 EEST | Press release
Piper Sandler &Co., a leading investment bank and institutional securities firm, served as financial advisor to Momentive Performance Materials Inc. (Momentive) in the sale of its consumer sealants business to Henkel Corporation. The deal, which remains subject to customary closing conditions including regulatory clearances, is expected to close in 2020. Momentive’s consumer sealants business encompasses GE-branded consumer sealants sold under license from the General Electric Company and available through home-improvement centers, major retailers and hardware stores. Momentive will continue to manufacture consumer sealants through 2021 under a transition supply agreement. (Source: Momentive Performance Materials Inc.) “In the midst of a pandemic, we are delighted to have helped Momentive, reach this agreement and achieve the goals of the company and its shareholders,” said Telly Zachariades, managing director, chemicals and materials, at Piper Sandler. “We are looking forward to aidin
ENA Investment Capital Publishes Open Letter to Ontex Shareholders7.8.2020 14:00:00 EEST | Press release
ENA Investment Capital (“ENA”), a long-term, value-oriented investment firm and the second-largest shareholder in Ontex Group NV (“Ontex” or the “Company”) owning c.15% of the Company’s outstanding shares, today issued the following public letter to Ontex’s shareholders. Dear Fellow Ontex Shareholders, ENA Investment Capital, owning c.15% of the voting shares of Ontex, has devoted considerable time and resources to conduct a thorough analysis of Ontex. This includes acquiring a comprehensive understanding of the personal hygiene segment and, more importantly, of the Company’s turnaround potential which we are convinced, if effectively executed, can deliver significant value for shareholders. As part of this extensive 18-month due diligence effort, we have consulted with former executives from Ontex as well as its main competitors, industry experts, investment bankers, lawyers and specialist consultants on a wide range of topics critical to Ontex’s business such as raw material trends a
Novavax and Takeda Announce Collaboration for Novavax’ COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate in Japan7.8.2020 12:28:00 EEST | Press release
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX), a late stage biotechnology company developing next-generation vaccines for serious infectious diseases, and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK), today announced a partnership for the development, manufacturing and commercialization of NVX‑CoV2373, Novavax’ COVID‑19 vaccine candidate, in Japan. NVX‑CoV2373 is a stable, prefusion protein made using Novavax’ recombinant protein nanoparticle technology and includes Novavax’ proprietary Matrix‑M™ adjuvant. Takeda will receive funding from the Government of Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) to support the technology transfer, establishment of infrastructure and scale-up of manufacturing. Takeda anticipates the capacity to manufacture over 250 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine per year1. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200807005160/en/ “Takeda’s leading position in Japan, technical expertise,
SES S.A.: Half Year 2020 Results7.8.2020 08:30:00 EEST | Press release
SES S.A. announced financial results for the six months ended 30 June 2020. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200806006164/en/ SES S.A.: Half Year 2020 Results (Photo: Business Wire) Solid H1 performance in line with expectations and continued underlying growth in Networks of +7.1% year-on-year(1,2) Revenue of EUR 947.5 million, -1.5% as reported with underlying revenue 2.4%(1,2) lower than H1 2019 Adjusted EBITDA(3) of EUR 582.0 million, -2.3% as reported (-3.5% at constant FX(2)) compared with H1 2019 and representing an Adjusted EBITDA(3) margin of 61.4% including a 2.2% year-on-year reduction in recurring operating expenses Limited COVID-19 impact in H1 reflecting business resilience with measures in place to mitigate increased headwinds in H2 2020 Updated FY 2020 group revenue outlook to EUR 1,860 - 1,900 million(4) in view of expected COVID-19 related revenue development FY 2020 Adjusted EBITDA(3) outlook
Western Union Stands in Solidarity with Lebanon6.8.2020 23:47:00 EEST | Press release
Western Union, a leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement and payments, today announced that it is offering zero-feei international money transfers paid out in U.S. dollars to Lebanon, as the country grapples with its recent tragedy amidst other economic and pandemic related threats. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200806006068/en/ Western Union Stands in Solidarity with Lebanon; Money Transfers to Lebanon Zero-Fee Paid out in US Dollars (Graphic: Business Wire) “We stand in solidarity with the people of Lebanon as they confront this latest tragedy following the horrific explosion in Beirut on August 4. Our thoughts and prayers are with families of those injured and have lost their lives,” said Jean Claude Farah, President, Global Network, Western Union. Farah said: “We know the people of Lebanon will stand strong as they grapple with this latest issue amidst other pressures of economic and COVID-
Pacific Drilling Announces Second-Quarter 2020 Results; Pacific Sharav Awarded a New 10-Well Contract in U.S. Gulf of Mexico6.8.2020 23:04:00 EEST | Press release
Pacific Drilling S.A. (NYSE: PACD) (“Pacific Drilling” or the “Company”) today reported results for the second quarter of 2020. Net loss for second-quarter 2020 was $87.4 million or $1.16 per diluted share, compared to net loss of $61.0 million or $0.81 per diluted share in first-quarter 2020. Pacific Drilling CEO Bernie Wolford commented, “In the second quarter, our crews and leadership continued to exemplify our commitment to safe and efficient operations, including adopting measures to manage risks associated with COVID-19 transmission, delivering exceptional results for our clients, efficiently preserving the value of our assets and significantly reducing overhead costs.” Mr. Wolford continued, “Although oil prices began to rebound during the second quarter, clients have generally reduced their drilling investments, as evidenced by Equinor’s decision to cancel the previously exercised third firm well for Pacific Khamsin, and Murphy’s decision to cancel the two well Mexico contract
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom