Amazon Customers Shop at Record Levels Again This Holiday Season – Cyber Monday 2019 Becomes the Single Biggest Shopping Day in the Company’s History
(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today announced that Cyber Monday was once again the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history, based on the number of items ordered worldwide. Customers all around the world shopped at record levels across a wide selection, with hundreds of millions of products ordered worldwide between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, alone. Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally and the best-selling items were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“We’re focused on making this holiday season more convenient than ever for our customers, especially given how short this holiday shopping season will be,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon. “We are thrilled that customers continue to come to Amazon in record numbers to discover what they need and want for the holidays. Thank you to our customers and employees all around the world for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”
Holiday Weekend Highlights:
- Customers worldwide purchased more toys this Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined than ever before. Among the tens of millions of toys purchased during this time period, best-sellers included LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader's Castle, Monopoly Game: Disney Frozen 2 Edition and Hasbro games such as Jenga, Guess Who and Candy Land Kingdom of Sweet Adventures.
- Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day for Amazon Fashion worldwide, with more items purchased than any other single day in the company’s history. Best-sellers included Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat and Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Hoodie.
- Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 25 million home items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
- Best-sellers on Black Friday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Instant Pot Duo80 – 8 Quart, 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service: Personal Genetic DNA Test, L.O.L. Surprise! Winter Disco Bigger Surprise and iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum.
- Customers worldwide purchased more than four million beauty products this Cyber Monday compared to last year, with best-sellers including Oral-B Genius Pro 900 Electric Toothbrush, Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara.
- Top-selling categories worldwide include Toys, Home, Fashion and Health and Personal Care.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores on Cyber Monday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cookie Creations, Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker and LEGO City Ambulance Helicopter 60179 Building Kit.
- Independent third-party sellers in Amazon’s Stores — mostly small and medium-sized businesses – sold more items during Cyber Monday 2019 than any other 24-hour period in the company’s history.
- For the third year in a row, Whole Foods Market broke its all-time record of turkeys sold during the Thanksgiving season.
- Amazon delivered millions of grocery items to Prime members in the U.S. through the five days between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday. Best sellers from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market delivery included Honeycrisp apples, lemons and avocados.
- Top selling items at Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star stores over the holiday weekend included the Amazon Smart Plug, Echo Dot and All-New Echo Dot Smart Speaker with Clock, L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls, Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14), and the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision.
Record-Breaking Weekend for Devices
- Shoppers purchased a record number of Amazon Devices globally this holiday weekend.
- Amazon customers worldwide purchased millions more Amazon Devices, compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally, including Echo devices, Fire TV devices, Kindle devices, and Fire tablets.
- It was a record-breaking holiday shopping weekend for smart home devices in Amazon’s Stores globally with shoppers purchasing millions of smart home devices, including iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum, Furbo Dog Camera, and Wemo Mini Smart Plug.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores globally were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
Holidays Made Fast, Free and Convenient
- Ultrafast and FREE grocery delivery: Now Prime members get free and fast grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. Selection includes a variety of products for all your holiday needs from meat to seafood, produce, snacks, and household essentials, with options for fast one- and two-hour delivery windows. Prime members who live in one of the more than 2,000 cities and towns where grocery delivery is available can request an invitation to shop Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods Market delivery. Learn more at amazon.com/grocery.
- Procrastinators Delight: In addition to free delivery on more than 100 million items for all Amazon customers, Prime members in the U.S. can shop a selection of over 10 million items for Prime Free One-Day Delivery and millions of items available for Same-Day Delivery in 46 major metropolitan areas.
- More Delivery Options Than Ever: This holiday season, customers can pick-up their packages at a number of Amazon Hub locations including thousands of in-store staffed Counter pickup points across the U.S. within Rite Aid, GNC and Stage stores, as well as at Health Mart independent pharmacies. Additionally, tens of millions of products can be easily and conveniently delivered to 900 cities and towns across the country via Locker or Locker+. To find an Amazon Hub location, visit amazon.com/Hub. In addition, Prime members in 50 U.S. cities and surrounding areas can also enjoy secure, convenient package delivery with Key by Amazon (amazon.com/key). Prime members who don’t want to spoil the surprise by having their package arrive on a day when their loved ones are home can use Amazon Day (amazon.com/amazonday) to select a personalized delivery day for their holiday purchases.
Landing Page: amazon.com/cybermonday
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Experian Announces New Commitment to a Flexible Working Culture11.5.2021 19:26:00 EEST | Press release
Experian, the global information services company, has today announced a new global approach to work. The aim is to take the learnings from the experience of Covid-19 lockdown and create a working environment which suits everyone’s situation. Experian is committing to promote more individual choice by creating a new hybrid model, where employees will be encouraged to ‘work your way’. Through the lockdown, Experian moved its global operations to remote working with very limited disruption. Most employees will be offered increased flexibility, with the majority moving to a hybrid model, some working fully remotely, and some in the office. Experian – which operates in 45 countries around the world – believes this will continue to boost productivity and improve the work / life balance options for its 17,800 global employee base. What the Covid-19 crisis has reminded us, beyond everything else, is that we are all individuals living very different lives. That’s prompted Experian to go down t
SentinelOne is the Only Vendor to Score Highest Across All Three Gartner Critical Capabilities Use Cases11.5.2021 18:40:00 EEST | Press release
SentinelOne, the autonomous cybersecurity platform company, today announced that Gartner has positioned SentinelOne with the highest scores in all three use cases; Type A, B, & C in Gartner’s 2021 Critical Capabilities for Endpoint Protection Platforms report1. Out of the 19 vendors included in the report, SentinelOne is the only vendor that received the highest score across all three Critical Capabilities use cases: Customer use case Type A is focused on “lean forward” organizations that adopt new technologies very early in the adoption cycle. Customer use case Type B is focused on “overall value” by weighing the risks of the early use of new technology against the benefits. Customer use case Type C represents organizations that typically view technology as an expense or operational necessity and use it as a means to reduce costs. “We believe receiving the highest product score across all three customer use cases in the 2021 Critical Capabilities for Endpoint Protection Platforms vali
1E Challenges DEM Market to Deliver More, Launching New Unified eXperience Management Category11.5.2021 17:35:00 EEST | Press release
1E , innovators in endpoint management, today announced Unified eXperience Management (UXM) , a new category that seeks to address the siloed approach inherent in tools in the Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM) space. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511005842/en/ 1E Tachyon Platform: Unified eXperience Management to improve the Digital Experience of all employees (Graphic: Business Wire) Due to the relative immaturity of the Digital Experience Management category, most tooling is focused on identifying and reporting on the scale of the problem, scoring, and issue identification. These tools create analytics silos that give insight, but are uncoupled from the automation technology that can actually improve end-user experience at an enterprise scale. Meanwhile, employees are becoming increasingly more frustrated, with 56% feeling dissatisfied with their IT experience. Organizations looking to improve the dig
Biorasi Receives ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Quality Management11.5.2021 17:30:00 EEST | Press release
Biorasi, a leading global full-service contract research organization (CRO), is proud to announce the achievement of ISO 9001:2015 certification. By earning this ISO accreditation, Biorasi has demonstrated dedication to the practice of quality assurance within the clinical trials industry and commitment to quality excellence for individual clinical studies. “ISO 9001:2015 certification is a big deal for Biorasi,” said Chris O’Brien, CEO at Biorasi. “It is a powerful, independent validation of the quality of our processes. It sends a message to potential sponsors across the globe that Biorasi cares deeply about quality. It tells them they can trust us.” Biorasi was presented with their ISO 9001:2015 certification on May 5, 2021, joining the ranks of other quality-focused organizations, including our preferred vendor, IBM Watson Health. “Our Quality Policy is driven by the fundamental understanding that patients and their families are affected by the decisions we make,” said Todd Brill,
Alvotech Seeks to End AbbVie’s Wrongful Monopoly on Humira and Bring Affordable Arthritis Treatment to U.S.11.5.2021 17:23:00 EEST | Press release
Alvotech today filed a federal lawsuit (Case 1:21-cv-00589) seeking to end the monopoly that pharmaceutical giant AbbVie has long-maintained on the adalimumab market, sold as Humira. Humira is the highest grossing prescription drug in the United States with over $16 billion in sales in 2020 (nearly $20Bn globally). Alvotech has developed a biosimilar (analogous to a generic) of Humira called AVT02, the first-filed biosimilar drug equal in strength to Humira’s latest formulation, which AbbVie markets as a high-concentration, pain-free drug. The company is also developing AVT02 as an interchangeable product and it expects results from its ongoing interchangeability study in Q2 of this year. AVT02 could save U.S. taxpayers and the overall healthcare system $8-10 billion annually. “Our new product will be a gamechanger that will provide consumers who are suffering from chronic pain with significant savings, and we look forward to bringing this drug onto the market as soon as possible,” sai
The United Kingdom: Biolog-id and Nicholson Consulting Ltd Cooperate to Develop a Demonstration Lab to Showcase Biolog Transfusion Solution11.5.2021 16:01:00 EEST | Press release
Biolog-id, a global service provider of connected healthcare solutions, and Nicholson Consulting Ltd, an innovative consulting and engineering company specialized in the blood transfusion field, join their forces to set up a demonstration lab located at Malvern Hills Science Park, in the south of Birmingham. This co-branded demo environment will showcase to the UK market the biolog-id’s cutting-edge product-line: Biolog Transfusion Solution. Based on the RFID technology, Biolog Transfusion Solution has been designed to respond to the needs of all the actors involved along the blood transfusion supply chain. By combining software, equipment and tags, this breakthrough innovation offers to manage in real-time each application area, from collection and manufacturing at the blood centre, central and remote inventory at the blood banks to blood compound administration at patient’s bedside. Flexible and reliable, the biolog-id technology generates value throughout the lifecycle of blood prod
Kong Konnect Now Generally Available With Multi-Geo Support: Offers End Users Breakthrough API and Microservices Connectivity11.5.2021 16:00:00 EEST | Press release
Kong Inc., the cloud connectivity company, today announced the general availability release of Kong Konnect, a service connectivity platform that enables the modern connected business. First previewed at Kong Summit 2020 in private beta, Kong Konnect provides end users with instant access to a comprehensive suite of tools that enable reliable, secure and observable connectivity across their APIs and microservices. The GA release features new multi-geo support, allowing users to physically locate services close to their businesses for privacy and regulatory compliance. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511005311/en/ The fully modular platform enables developers, architects and operators to accelerate application development cycles and provide connectivity between services for stellar digital experiences. Architects decouple connectivity concerns from microservices so that developers can focus on building appli
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom