Amazon Customers Shop at Record Levels Again This Holiday Season – Cyber Monday 2019 Becomes the Single Biggest Shopping Day in the Company’s History
(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today announced that Cyber Monday was once again the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history, based on the number of items ordered worldwide. Customers all around the world shopped at record levels across a wide selection, with hundreds of millions of products ordered worldwide between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, alone. Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally and the best-selling items were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
“We’re focused on making this holiday season more convenient than ever for our customers, especially given how short this holiday shopping season will be,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon. “We are thrilled that customers continue to come to Amazon in record numbers to discover what they need and want for the holidays. Thank you to our customers and employees all around the world for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”
Holiday Weekend Highlights:
- Customers worldwide purchased more toys this Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined than ever before. Among the tens of millions of toys purchased during this time period, best-sellers included LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader's Castle, Monopoly Game: Disney Frozen 2 Edition and Hasbro games such as Jenga, Guess Who and Candy Land Kingdom of Sweet Adventures.
- Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day for Amazon Fashion worldwide, with more items purchased than any other single day in the company’s history. Best-sellers included Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat and Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Hoodie.
- Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 25 million home items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, combined.
- Best-sellers on Black Friday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Instant Pot Duo80 – 8 Quart, 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service: Personal Genetic DNA Test, L.O.L. Surprise! Winter Disco Bigger Surprise and iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum.
- Customers worldwide purchased more than four million beauty products this Cyber Monday compared to last year, with best-sellers including Oral-B Genius Pro 900 Electric Toothbrush, Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara.
- Top-selling categories worldwide include Toys, Home, Fashion and Health and Personal Care.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores on Cyber Monday in the U.S. included Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Play-Doh Sweet Shoppe Cookie Creations, Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker and LEGO City Ambulance Helicopter 60179 Building Kit.
- Independent third-party sellers in Amazon’s Stores — mostly small and medium-sized businesses – sold more items during Cyber Monday 2019 than any other 24-hour period in the company’s history.
- For the third year in a row, Whole Foods Market broke its all-time record of turkeys sold during the Thanksgiving season.
- Amazon delivered millions of grocery items to Prime members in the U.S. through the five days between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday. Best sellers from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market delivery included Honeycrisp apples, lemons and avocados.
- Top selling items at Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star stores over the holiday weekend included the Amazon Smart Plug, Echo Dot and All-New Echo Dot Smart Speaker with Clock, L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls, Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14), and the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision.
Record-Breaking Weekend for Devices
- Shoppers purchased a record number of Amazon Devices globally this holiday weekend.
- Amazon customers worldwide purchased millions more Amazon Devices, compared to the same period last year in Amazon’s Stores globally, including Echo devices, Fire TV devices, Kindle devices, and Fire tablets.
- It was a record-breaking holiday shopping weekend for smart home devices in Amazon’s Stores globally with shoppers purchasing millions of smart home devices, including iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum, Furbo Dog Camera, and Wemo Mini Smart Plug.
- The best-selling products in Amazon’s Stores globally were Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote.
Holidays Made Fast, Free and Convenient
- Ultrafast and FREE grocery delivery: Now Prime members get free and fast grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. Selection includes a variety of products for all your holiday needs from meat to seafood, produce, snacks, and household essentials, with options for fast one- and two-hour delivery windows. Prime members who live in one of the more than 2,000 cities and towns where grocery delivery is available can request an invitation to shop Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods Market delivery. Learn more at amazon.com/grocery.
- Procrastinators Delight: In addition to free delivery on more than 100 million items for all Amazon customers, Prime members in the U.S. can shop a selection of over 10 million items for Prime Free One-Day Delivery and millions of items available for Same-Day Delivery in 46 major metropolitan areas.
- More Delivery Options Than Ever: This holiday season, customers can pick-up their packages at a number of Amazon Hub locations including thousands of in-store staffed Counter pickup points across the U.S. within Rite Aid, GNC and Stage stores, as well as at Health Mart independent pharmacies. Additionally, tens of millions of products can be easily and conveniently delivered to 900 cities and towns across the country via Locker or Locker+. To find an Amazon Hub location, visit amazon.com/Hub. In addition, Prime members in 50 U.S. cities and surrounding areas can also enjoy secure, convenient package delivery with Key by Amazon (amazon.com/key). Prime members who don’t want to spoil the surprise by having their package arrive on a day when their loved ones are home can use Amazon Day (amazon.com/amazonday) to select a personalized delivery day for their holiday purchases.
Landing Page: amazon.com/cybermonday
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Jefferies' Clients, Employees and Shareholders Contribute $4,000,000 AUD for Australia Wildfires Relief Efforts23.1.2020 03:07:00 EET | Press release
Jefferies announced today a total donation of $4.0 million AUD to organizations providing needed assistance to victims of the wildfires in Australia. The firm's clients helped to generate $1.6 million AUD in donations through Asia Pacific trading commissions on January 22nd. Voluntary donations from Jefferies’ 3,813 employees totaled $400,000 AUD and Jefferies as a firm matched these client and employee donations with an additional $2.0 million AUD. “We are proud of the entire Jefferies family and in particular, our newly expanded Pan Asian Team, for raising $4,000,000 AUD for relief efforts in Australia following the devastating wildfires,” commented Rich Handler, CEO of Jefferies, and Brian Friedman, President. “We greatly appreciate our clients globally, who directed their trading business to Jefferies as well as the voluntary donations from our employees. We are honored to assist in the recovery, and our hearts go out to those affected by these wildfires. We also thank all the dedi
AskNicely Opens Amsterdam Office To Meet Growing Demand in Europe22.1.2020 23:05:00 EET | Press release
AskNicely, the customer experience platform for people-powered businesses, today announced the opening of its first European office in Amsterdam. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and recently expanded its original office in Auckland, New Zealand. “Amsterdam has become a hub for innovation,” said AskNicely co-founder and CEO Aaron Ward. “We recognize the potential of the city’s incredible talent pool, its world-class infrastructure, and the vibrant growth that has fueled the Amsterdam tech scene.” The European office was added in response to customer demand, and to accelerate the company’s growth plans. In 2019, AskNicely raised $10 million in Series A funding and expanded on its core NPS software by launching the world’s first mobile customer experience coaching app, which helps companies consistently deliver on their brand promise by using real-time feedback to coach employees. “I am delighted that AskNicely has chosen to set up its operations in the Netherlands and ho
Strong Revenue Growth in 2019 and Promising Outlook22.1.2020 19:45:00 EET | Press release
Kalray (Paris:ALKAL) (Euronext Growth Paris : ALKAL), a pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems, reviews its business in the second half of 2019 (from July 1 to December 31, 2019) and looks back over the highlights of the period. Eric Baissus, President of Kalray’s Executive Board, commented as follows: “2019 was a pivotal year for Kalray marked by the achievement of a number of key milestones. First of all, we finished developing our 3rd generation Coolidge™ processor and presented it for the first time in early January at CES. Mass production is scheduled to start second semester of 2020. Furthermore, strategic agreements were signed with top-tier players including NXP, Wistron, 2CRSI and Intron Technology, which will boost our credibility and accelerate time to market for Coolidge™. Our target of achieving revenues of €100 million by 2022 have been confirmed by the initial performances of Coolidge™, the industry enthusiasm which we were able to measure at CES and the numer
PMI Salary Survey Reveals Project Management Practitioners with the PMP Certification Earn 22% More22.1.2020 19:30:00 EET | Press release
The Project Management Institute (PMI) today released its “Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey” which reveals a significant advantage in earning potential for practitioners who hold the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. According to the survey, respondents with a PMP certification reported higher median salaries than those without a PMP certification -- 22% higher on average across the 42 countries surveyed. New in this edition is salary information from five countries not previously covered— Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Portugal and the Russian Federation. The 11th edition of the survey incorporates information from more than 32,000 project management practitioners in 42 countries across the globe. The comprehensive biennial survey offers insight into the value of project management skills, experience and certifications. It is an industry-leading source of data, giving project management practitioners a greater awareness of their earning potent
Philip Morris International Wins 2020 BIG Innovation Award22.1.2020 18:05:00 EET | Press release
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) today announced that it has won the 2020 BIG Innovation Award in the “Organization” category. The company was honored for placing innovation front and center as it continues its full-scale business transformation to deliver a smoke-free future and replace cigarettes with better alternatives for those adults who would otherwise continue to smoke. The BIG Innovation Awards, presented by the Business Intelligence Group, recognize organizations, products and people who bring new ideas to life. Organizations from across the globe submitted their recent innovations for consideration, and nominations were judged by a select group of business leaders and executives. “It is gratifying to continue to be recognized by the broader business community for the innovation that is fueling our progress toward a smoke-free future,” said Jacek Olczak, PMI’s chief operating officer. “As we are undergoing the largest transformation in our company’s history,
Sevan Refreshes 14,000th Restaurant22.1.2020 17:00:00 EET | Press release
Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, Inc. (Sevan)—a global leader in innovative design, program management, construction services and data analytics—just finished refreshing their 14,000th restaurant. For eight years, Sevan has provided solutions for the world’s largest brands while accelerating development programs across the United States and Canada for multi-site clients. Sevan has partnered on restaurant programs with Carl’s Jr., Carrols Corporation (a Burger King franchisee), Chipotle, McDonald’s, Panera, Starbucks, Taco Bell, Army & Air Force Exchange Service (Exchange) restaurants and others. Sevan’s Chief Revenue Officer Jim Furis says working with great clients is the best part of the company’s success in the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) world. “Each client is unique and their project execution style varies widely. Not surprisingly, they all share one objective—to deliver a fantastic customer experience in a reliable way at loads of locations,” Furis said. “Sevan is proud to have pla
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom