Bentley Systems Announces Finalists for the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure
Bentley Systems, Incorporated (Nasdaq:BSY), the infrastructure engineering software company, today announced the finalists for the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure. The annual awards program honors the extraordinary work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Sixteen independent jury panels selected the 57 finalists from nearly 300 nominations submitted by more than 230 organizations from 45 countries encompassing 19 categories.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210920005860/en/
Join us for the Year in Infrastructure series of events and Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure highlighting advancements in going digital. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Winners of the student Future Infrastructure Star Challenge will also be announced. This challenge provided students from around the world a platform to develop a concept or an idea of how they can change the world with infrastructure. Five independent jury panels of Bentley experts selected the Top 10 finalists from 144 project submissions from 61 countries representing different infrastructure domains. Winners will be selected by a panel of Bentley and external expert judges. View the Future Infrastructure Star Challenge finalists.
New this year, all winners will be revealed during keynote presentations on December 2, 2021, as part of the Year in Infrastructure. This series of virtual event runs from November 1 through December 2, 2021; see below for highlights.
To watch the Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure finalists present their projects in their category on November 1, 8, 15, and 22, visit yii.bentley.com. Hear from the people behind these extraordinary infrastructure projects as they tell their stories of leveraging digital advancements to achieve unprecedented outcomes.
To register, visit yii.bentley.com.
The finalists in the 2021 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure are:
- CCCC Third Harbor Engineering Co., Ltd. – Nanyanjiang Intercity Railway Front-End Engineering Project, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
- Hatch – Lathams Road Bridge, Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia
- New York State Department of Transportation – East 138th Street over the Major Deegan Expressway, New York City, New York, United States
Buildings and Campuses
- Arab Engineering Bureau – Al Thumama Stadium, Doha, Qatar
- Center for Industrial Technological Studies and Services No. 33 – CETIS 33 BIM Workshop, Mexico City, Mexico
- Volgogradnefteproekt, LLC – High-tech Multifunctional Medical Complex, Yukki, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Hubei International Logistics Airport Co., Ltd., Shenzhen S.F. Taisen Holdings (Group) Co., Ltd., Airport Construction Engineering Co., Ltd. – Ezhou Huahu Airport Project, Ezhou, Hubei, China
- University of Birmingham – Implementation of Project and Asset-based CDE, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Clark Construction Group, LLC – SeaTac Airport International Arrivals Facility, Seattle, Washington, United States
- Qitaihe Jianhe Investment and Construction Management Co., Ltd., Heilongjiang Big Data Industrial Development Co., Ltd. – Taoshan Lake Ecological Water Conservancy Project in Qitaihe City, Qitaihe, Heilongjiang, China
- Zachry Industrial, Inc., a Zachry Group Company – Golden Pass LNG Export Project, Sabine Pass, Texas, United States
- China Water Resources Beifang Investigation, Design and Research Co. Ltd. – Geological Survey of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Tibet, China
- Research Center of Construction - Gersevanov Research Institute of Bases and Underground Structures (NIIOSP) – Geotechnical Aspects of the Moscow Luzhniki Stadium Reconstruction, Moscow, Russia
- Royal HaskoningDHV – Moondrian, Netherlands
Land Site and Development
- Korea Land and Housing Corporation, BasisSoft, Inc – BIM Design for the Hanam Gyosan, Hanam-si, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
- Liaoning Water Conservancy and Hydropower Survey and Design Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Dongtaizi Reservoir Project, Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China
- Pennoni – Longwood Garden Overflow Parking, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dow Chemical – Integration of Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) into Global Project Methodology, Houston, Texas, United States
- Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Phase II C5 Plant Digital Twin Application Project of Neusoft Healthcare International Industrial Park, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
- WISDRI Engineering & Research Incorporation Limited – Converter-based Continuous Casting Project of Jinnan Steel Phase II Quwo Base Capacity Reduction and Replacement Project, Quwo, Shanxi, China
Mining and Offshore Engineering
- CNOOC Energy Development Design and R&D Center – Digital Twin Project of the FPSO Offshore Oil Gathering and Transportation Platform, South China Sea, Guangdong, China
- Fujian Yongfu Power Engineering Co., Ltd. – Fujian Changle Zone C Offshore Wind Farm, Changle/Fuzhou, Fujian, China
- Polyus – Construction of the Blagodatnoye Mill-5, Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Capital Engineering and Research Incorporation Ltd. – The World’s First 60MW Subcritical Blast Furnace Gas Power Generation Project, Changshu, Jiangsu, China
- PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Wuqiangxi Hydroelectric Power Station Expansion Project, Changsha, Hunan, China
- Shandong Province Metallurgical Engineering Co., Ltd – The 2x65MW Surplus Gas Resources Comprehensive Utilization Power Generation Project of Shandong Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd Laiwu Branch, Jinan, Shandong, China
Project Delivery Information Management
- Mott MacDonald Systra JV with Balfour Beatty Vinci – HS2 Phase 1 Main Civil Construction Works, London, United Kingdom
- Riverlinx CJV – Silvertown Tunnel Project, London, United Kingdom
- WSP – Port of Melbourne - Port Rail Transformation Project, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rail and Transit
- Network Rail + Jacobs – Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), Manchester/Leeds/York, United Kingdom
- PT. MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) – MRT Jakarta Phase II, Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
- Western Program Alliance – Level Crossing Removal Project, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- HDR – Diablo Dam Digital Twin Modeling, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
- La Société Wallonne des Eaux – Deep Convolutional Neural Network on 3D Reality Mesh for Water Tank Crack Detection, Juprelle, Liège, Belgium
- Singapore Land Authority – Advancing Singapore National 3D Reality Mapping for a Changing World, Singapore
Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation – Oversize/Overweight Permitting System Improvement Project, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Collins Engineers, Inc. – Stone Arch Bridge Rehabilitation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Province of Manitoba, Department of Infrastructure – MB MOOVES - Manitoba Infrastructure SUPERLOAD Upgrade, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Roads and Highways
- Larsen and Toubro - Transportation Infrastructure IC – Mumbai Vadodara Expressway - Package I, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- PT. Hutama Karya (Persero) – Trans Sumatera Toll Road Project Section Serbelawan-Pexmatangsiantar, Pematangsiantar, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia
- Sichuan Highway Planning, Survey, Design and Research Institute Ltd., Sichuan Lexi Expressway Co., Ltd. – Mega Project Le-Xi Expressway, Leshan, Sichuan, China
- Arab Engineering Bureau – Rosewood Doha, Doha, Qatar
- HDR – The Pavilion at Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Louis Berger SAS (A WSP Company) – Detailed Design of Bridges for BG Rail Link between Rishikesh to Karnaprayag (Package -3), Rishikesh and Karnaprayag, Uttarakhand, India
Utilities and Communications
- Mott MacDonald and National Grid – London Power Tunnels 2, London, United Kingdom
- PESTECH International Berhad – Digitization of Koh Kong 230/22kV Substation, Koh Kong, Cambodia
- PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Suixian and Guangshui 80MWp Ground-based Photovoltaic Power Project of Hubei Energy Group, Guangshui, Hubei, China
Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Canadian Energy Company – Asset Data Lifecycle Program, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
- Itafos Conda LLC – Asset Care to Support Long-term Sustainability of a Fertilizer Manufacturing Facility, Soda Springs, Idaho, United States
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Brown and Caldwell – Implementing Digital Twins on a Fully Collaborative Project, Brighton, Colorado, United States
- Jacobs Engineering – F. Wayne Hill Water Resources Center Membrane Improvements, Buford, Georgia, United States
- L&T Construction – Khatan Group of Villages Water Supply Scheme (Surface Water Treatment), UP, India, Khatan, Uttar Pradesh, India
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- ATLC Infraconsultants Pvt. Ltd. – Leduki Group of Village Water Supply Scheme, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Companhia Águas de Joinville (CAJ) – Contingency Plan to Ensure Supply in the Event of Drought (Joinville-Santa Catarina), Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Maynilad Water Services Inc. – Pump Operation Optimization through Hydraulic Modeling Using OpenFlows WaterGEMS, Muntinlupa, Manila, Philippines
For more information about the finalists, visit yii.bentley.com.
Chris Bradshaw, Bentley’s chief marketing officer, said, “We decided to keep the event virtual this year for everyone’s safety due to the ongoing pandemic. Our users continue to demonstrate their resilience through the quality of the nearly 300 nominations for the Going Digital in Infrastructure Awards program. We are excited to honor our users’ extraordinary work from around the world. We hope you will join us for the Year in Infrastructure virtual event that includes important insights and perspectives from key industry executives and thought leaders sharing with attendees the latest on infrastructure trends, sustainability goals, and digital advancements.”
Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure finalists’ presentations on November 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2021:
- Meet the finalists and learn how they overcame project challenges through the use of technology and engineering ingenuity.
Keynote and Going Digital awards presentations on December 1 and 2 include:
- Executive Perspectives and Infrastructure Insights – Join CEO Greg Bentley, Chief Success Officer Katriona Lord-Levins, and Chief Product Officer Nicholas Cumins as they share insights on infrastructure trends, sustainability, and advancements in going digital.
- Infrastructure Experts and Guest Speakers – Hear from Matthias Rebellius, member of the managing board of Siemens AG and CEO of Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and Andrej Avelini, co-founder and president of AEC Advisors LLC. Award winners will be unveiled during the sessions.
To register, visit yii.bentley.com.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq:BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
© 2021 Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Bentley, the Bentley logo, AssetWise, iTwin, MicroStation, OpenFlows, OpenFlows WaterGEMS, ProjectWise, Seequent, and SUPERLOAD are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
+1 203 805 0432
Follow us on Twitter:
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
IPS acquires Linesight and partners for strategic growth18.10.2021 17:00:00 EEST | Press release
IPS-Integrated Project Services, LLC, headquartered in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania and a subsidiary of Alleghany Capital Corporation, today announced that it has acquired Linesight, a multinational consulting firm headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. IPS is a large EPCMV (Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management and Validation) company with over 1,700 staff across 22 offices worldwide. Linesight is a fast-growing professional consultancy services organization providing project controls to data center providers, life sciences companies, commercial real estate, healthcare, hospitality, retail and residential sectors. Linesight has over 900 staff across 24 offices globally. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211018005645/en/ The acquisition is being approached as a future integrated partnership where IPS will leverage Linesight’s experience and expertise in particular in the data center sector and Linesight in tur
Sumitomo SHI FW (SFW) Add CADMATIC Solutions to Further Support Digitalization, Data-driven Engineering, and Project Management18.10.2021 16:29:00 EEST | Press release
SFW is a provider of power, energy storage and environmental technologies and services for the global energy industry and has now entered into an agreement with CADMATIC Ltd to implement CADMATIC 3D plant design and information management solutions in their engineering projects in Finland, Poland, India, and China. The goal of the investment is to shorten lead times in design, engineering, and construction, improve the quality of design, and harmonize working methods across its international office network and subcontractors. The design and construction of a power plant is an extremely complex process that requires the integration of multiple design, engineering and construction disciplines, and many suppliers. CADMATIC software is an important element to streamline the process from design and engineering to construction and production and seamlessly integrate multiple parties in one project. Technical advantages in 3D Design, work-sharing, information management, and visualization wer
Deel Raises $425M in Series D Funding to Continue Transforming the Future of Work18.10.2021 15:45:00 EEST | Press release
Deel, the remote hiring company shattering job barriers worldwide, announced today that it has raised $425 million in Series D funding, taking the total amount raised by the company to over $630 million. The latest funding round values the company at $5.5 billion. Deel has become the highest valued company in the global hiring, payments, and compliance space with this investment. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211018005567/en/ Deel Interface (Graphic: Business Wire) This new funding round was led by US-based Coatue, with partners Rahul Kishore and Lucas Swisher leading the deal. Several new and existing investors also participated in this round, including Altimeter Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, the YC Continuity Fund, Spark Capital, Greenbay Ventures, Neo, and over 40 of the world’s leading operators. Since Deel’s inception in 2019, the team - growing from four to 400 employees - has been on a mission to make
William Shatner Launches Everbridge’s ‘Unlocking Resilience’ Global Leadership Podcast Series, Available Today18.10.2021 15:30:00 EEST | Press release
Everbridge, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVBG) today announced the launch of its podcast Unlocking Resilience™: Global Leadership Series featuring William Shatner as its inaugural guest. The first-of-its-kind podcast features global influencers, government leaders, C-level executives and top healthcare experts as they discuss the confluence of leadership, technology and resilience at both the personal and organizational level. Topics will include overcoming personal challenges to create a life of resilience; effective strategies for building organizational resilience and business continuity in the face of critical events; and perspectives on the future of work, life and entertainment in a post-pandemic world, among other topics. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211018005565/en/ William Shatner Launches Everbridge’s ‘Unlocking Resilience’ Global Leadership Podcast Series, Available Today (Graphic: Business Wire) The Unlocking
Ferring to Present Award-Winning, Real-World Outcomes Analysis for Investigational Microbiota-Based Live Biotherapeutic RBX2660 in Patients with Recurrent C. Difficile Infection and IBD at ACG 202118.10.2021 15:00:00 EEST | Press release
Ferring Pharmaceuticals and Rebiotix, a Ferring Company, today announced they will present data from two new retrospective analyses as part of American College of Gastroenterology’s Annual Scientific Meeting & Postgraduate Course (ACG 2021). The congress will take place in Las Vegas from October 22 – 27, 2021. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211018005060/en/ Eligibility criteria in CDI clinical trials often are narrowly defined, excluding broader patient populations. The first presentation will explore key health outcomes of RBX2660, an investigational microbiota-based live biotherapeutic for reduction of recurrent C. difficile infection (CDI), among patients in a real-world setting. The second analysis evaluates healthcare resource utilization and medical costs among Medicare patients with CDI with or without inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) as a comorbidity. Notably, one of the presentations has received The
Vertex Announces Positive Day 90 Data for the First Patient in the Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial Dosed With VX-880, a Novel Investigational Stem Cell-Derived Therapy for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes18.10.2021 14:30:00 EEST | Press release
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) today announced positive Day 90 data for the first patient from the Phase 1/2 clinical trial of VX-880, an investigational stem cell-derived, fully differentiated pancreatic islet cell replacement therapy for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D). This is the first demonstration of a patient with T1D achieving robust restoration of islet cell function from such a cell therapy. The patient was treated with a single infusion of VX-880 at half the target dose in conjunction with immunosuppressive therapy. The patient achieved successful engraftment and demonstrated rapid and robust improvements in multiple measures, including increases in fasting and stimulated C-peptide, improvements in glycemic control, including HbA1c, and decreases in exogenous insulin requirement. VX-880 was generally well tolerated. “These results from the first patient treated with VX-880 are unprecedented. What makes these results truly remarkable is that they were ac
Industrial Flow Solutions™ Announces Deal to Acquire Clearwater Controls™ to Grow IoT Solutions for Wastewater Network Management, Increase Demand for Industry-Leading DERAGGER™+18.10.2021 14:06:00 EEST | Press release
Leading industrial pumping solutions provider Industrial Flow Solutions™, headquartered in New Haven, Conn., USA, announced today the agreement to acquire Clearwater Controls Ltd.™, based in Glasgow, Scotland. Clearwater Controls offers a broad line of wastewater solutions, beginning with its leading deragging intelligent systems to solve specific pumping problems, to more advanced monitoring technology to optimize and manage entire water networks. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Clearwater Controls will retain its company name and brand. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211018005200/en/ Clearwater Controls' DERAGGER™ products offer intelligent efficiency and the end of ragging. Industrial Flow Solutions has announced a deal to acquire Clearwater Controls to grow IoT solutions for wastewater network management. Clearwater Controls offers a broad line of wastewater solutions, beginning with its lead
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom