Biogen Confirms Commitment to Tackle Multiple Sclerosis Through Comprehensive Approach
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) confirms its comprehensive approach to tackle multiple sclerosis (MS) at the seventh Joint Meeting of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in MS (ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS; 25 – 28 October).
“With more than 25 years of scientific leadership in MS, Biogen’s commitment is unwavering,” said Michael Ehlers, executive vice president, Research & Development at Biogen. “Our expertise puts Biogen in a unique position with a comprehensive approach including active research and clinical development on how to repair the damage to the central nervous system from relapsing forms of MS, a portfolio of new drug candidates that we are advancing to the clinic, our collaboration to identify a digital biomarker, our focus to advance understanding of the disease through global data collection with MS PATHS, active pursuit of the genetic origins of progressive forms of MS, and our innovation in value-based contract pilots in the U.S.”
Key updates at ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS from Biogen include:
- The latest from the collaboration with Verily and Brigham and Women’s Hospital whose goal is to explore the use of digital biosensors to assess patients outside of the clinic. Additional data on the possible utility of predictive biomarkers to inform MS diagnosis and ongoing disease monitoring, with the goal of assisting clinicians with their decisions on how to treat based on the heterogeneic differences of those living with MS, will also be presented.
- Interim reports from MS PATHS (Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions), a collaboration with 10 leading MS centers in Europe and the U.S. to leverage technology deployed in routine care to generate standardized, high-quality data from a diverse, real-world patient population. MS PATHS collects clinical, MRI and biologic data from all patients in real-time, at the point of care, to better understand the disease and ultimately improve the lives of those living with MS.
- An assessment of the Big Multiple Sclerosis Data (BMSD) Network, comprised of five MS registries and facilitated by Biogen. The network will merge data from large MS registries that have collected longitudinal data on nearly 140,000 people with MS. The scale of this pooled MS data may enable greater understanding of MS and its impact.
- A comprehensive review of the Phase 2 SYNERGY trial that identified a specific patient population for the investigational molecule opicinumab (anti-LINGO-1) as a potential therapy to repair damage to the central nervous system caused by MS.
- An innovative economic model using real-world data from the MSBase Registry with a goal to demonstrate cost-effectiveness of treatment in highly-active MS patients. The analysis supports value-based reimbursement initiatives linked to patient outcomes. In July, Biogen announced four pilots for value-based contracts with health plans across the U.S. The contracts utilize real-world data to align price with patient outcomes.
“With 10 centers now active and strong patient enrollment, our MS PATHS collaboration provides a glimpse into the future of MS care and research,” said Alfred Sandrock, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer at Biogen. “By leveraging technology we are able to collect a robust set of real-world data that is unprecedented in scale and will contribute to a more precise approach to managing patients by supporting providers in real-time to meet the diverse needs of people living with MS.”
Highlights of Biogen’s more than 80 platform and poster presentations:
- Predictors of an Opicinumab Treatment Effect and Identification of an Efficacy Subpopulation: A Post Hoc Analysis of the SYNERGY Study – Poster P718 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Overall Response Score: A Novel Disability Endpoint That Allows for the Integrated Assessment of Improvement and Worsening Over Time in Patients with MS – Poster P777 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Temporal Variability Profile of Serum Neurofilament Light Levels in Multiple Sclerosis Patients – Platform 102 – Thursday, 26 October, 11:37–11:49 CET
- Biosensor Measures in Clinic and Free-living Settings Correlate with Multiple Sclerosis Disease Severity – Platform 191 – Friday, 27 October, 09:15-09:27 CET
- Big Multiple Sclerosis Data Network: Data Sharing Among Five Large MS Registries – Poster P738 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- The Multiple Sclerosis Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions (MS PATHS) Patient Cohort – Poster P336 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Comparison of Case-mix in Multiple Sclerosis Patients Participating in Randomized Control Trials, Prospective Observational Studies, and Multiple Sclerosis Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions (MS PATHS) – Poster P351 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- A Cost-effectiveness Analysis Using Real-world Data from the MSBase Registry: Comparing Natalizumab to Fingolimod in Patients with Inadequate Response to Disease Modifying Therapies in Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in Scotland – Poster P700 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978 as one of the world’s first global biotechnology companies by Charles Weissman and Nobel Prize winners Walter Gilbert and Phillip Sharp , today Biogen has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis; has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy; and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, pain, ophthalmology, neuropsychiatry, and acute neurology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. We routinely post information that may be important to investors on our website at www.biogen.com. To learn more, please visit www.biogen.com and follow us on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube.
Biogen Safe Harbor
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the potential impact of our programs, development and potential benefits, safety and efficacy of investigational drugs, including opicinumab, results of certain clinical studies and real-world data. These statements may be identified by words such as “aim,” “believe,” “except,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “will” and similar expressions, and are based on our current beliefs and expectations. You should not place undue reliance on these statements or the scientific data presented. Drug development and commercialization involve a high degree of risk, and only a small number of research and development programs result in commercialization of a product. Results in early stage clinical trials may not be indicative of full results or results from later stage or larger scale clinical trials and do not ensure regulatory approval. Factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from our current expectations include the risk that we may not fully enroll our clinical trials or enrollment will take longer than expected, unexpected concerns may arise from additional data or analysis, including data, analysis or results obtained during our clinical trials, regulatory authorities may require additional information or further studies, or may fail to approve or may delay approval of our drug candidates, or we may encounter other unexpected hurdles which may be impacted by, among other things, the occurrence of adverse safety events, failure to obtain regulatory approvals in certain jurisdictions, failure to protect intellectual property and other proprietary rights, product liability claims, third party collaboration risks. The foregoing sets forth many, but not all, of the factors that could cause actual results to differ from our expectations in any forward-looking statement. Investors should consider this cautionary statement, as well as the risk factors identified in Biogen’s most recent annual or quarterly report and in other reports Biogen has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These statements are based on our current beliefs and expectations and speak only as of the date of this press release. We do not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme tältä julkaisijalta, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
OTEZLA® (Apremilast) Phase III Data Showed Significant Improvements in Patients with Active Behçet’s Disease with Oral Ulcers18.2.2018 00:00 | Tiedote
Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG) today announced that data from the phase III RELIEF™ clinical trial of OTEZLA® (apremilast) in patients with active Behçet’s Disease with oral ulcers were presented in a late-breaking oral presentation at the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting. The results showed statistically significant reductions in oral ulcers with apremilast 30 mg twice daily (BID) versus placebo through week 12. OTEZLA (apremilast) is Celgene’s oral selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4). Behçet’s Disease is a rare, chronic, multi-system inflammatory syndrome. Oral ulcers, the most common manifestation of Behçet’s Disease, can be disabling and have a substantial effect on quality of life. This study primarily evaluated the effect of apremilast on recurring oral ulcers in patients with active Behçet’s Disease who were previously treated with at least one topical or systemic medication. “Reducing oral ulcers, which are painful and can negatively im
CT-P13 (biosimilar infliximab) is comparable to reference infliximab and adalimumab in highly anticipated real-world study17.2.2018 11:00 | Tiedote
Twelve-month data from the Personalised Anti-TNF therapy in Crohn’s disease Study (PANTS) was presented at the 13th Congress of the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO). The results indicate that the clinical effectiveness, safety and immunogenicity of Celltrion Healthcare’s CT-P13 (biosimilar infliximab) in patients with Crohn’s disease (CD) is comparable to those treated with reference infliximab as well as those treated with adalimumab.1 The UK-wide, three-year prospective observational study investigated primary non-response (PNR), loss of response (LOR) and adverse drug reactions (ADR) to infliximab (reference infliximab and CT-P13) and adalimumab in 1610 CD patients. The data show comparable efficacy between CT-P13, reference infliximab and adalimumab in relation to PNR, LOR and ADR rates. In addition, at week 54, the remission rate was 39.7%, 39.0% and 32.7% for reference infliximab, CT-P13 and adalimumab treated patients, respectively.1 The PANTS study investigates
Avanti Communications HYLAS 4 Satellite Arrives in French Guiana16.2.2018 21:26 | Tiedote
Avanti Communications Group plc (“Avanti”), a leading provider of satellite data communications services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”), announces its HYLAS 4 satellite has arrived safely in French Guiana ahead of its March 2018 launch. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180216005586/en/ Avanti Communications HYLAS 4 Satellite Arrives in French Guiana (Photo: Business Wire) The spacecraft, built by Orbital ATK was packed and shipped at their Satellite Manufacturing Facility in Dulles, Virginia, United States and flown to French Guiana, where it was unloaded and will be taken to the Arianespace launch facilities in Kourou. HYLAS 4 uses the latest High Throughput Satellite technology, doubling Avanti's Ka-band capacity across EMEA. The latest addition to Avanti's HYLAS fleet will provide: Backhaul services for mobile network operators Wholesale broadband for ISPs Connectivity for governments (civil a
General Cable Corporation Stockholders Approve Acquisition By Prysmian Group16.2.2018 20:05 | Tiedote
General Cable Corporation (NYSE: BGC) today announced the voting results from the Company’s special meeting of stockholders held this morning. Stockholders of General Cable approved the Company’s previously announced acquisition by Prysmian Group (BIT: PRY) for $30.00 per share in cash. A total of 38,140,754 shares, representing approximately 75.34% of the total number of shares of common stock outstanding and approximately 99% of the total votes cast, were voted in favor of the merger. Subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions, the transaction is expected to close by the third quarter of 2018. About General Cable General Cable (NYSE:BGC), with headquarters in Highland Heights, Kentucky, is a global leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of aluminum, copper and fiber optic wire and cable products for the energy, communications, automotive, industrial, construction and specialty segments. General Cable is one of the larges
Systemic Sclerosis World Congress:Inspirational Patient Stories Reveal the Challenging Realities of Living with Devastating Rare Disease16.2.2018 12:03 | Tiedote
Boehringer Ingelheim today unveils a new phase of 'More Than Scleroderma: The Inside Story', and launches the new patient website www.morethanscleroderma.com. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180216005188/en/ Anna, 36, living with scleroderma (Photo: Business Wire) The global initiative highlights the importance of understanding the ‘inside story’ of each individual living with scleroderma, also known as systemic sclerosis. To coincide with the Systemic Sclerosis World Congress in Bordeaux, 15-17 February 2018, new and truly inspiring patient stories are revealed, reflecting the real-life, diverse and very moving journeys of people living with scleroderma across the world. The campaign will also be launched in the U.S. The new website www.morethanscleroderma.com features a powerful collection of photographs and video stories of people living with scleroderma across the world, revealing the life-changing impact o
Philip Morris International Recognized as a Global Top Employer for the Second Year in a Row16.2.2018 11:00 | Tiedote
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE/Euronext Paris: PM) today is recognized for the second year in a row as a Global Top Employer. This year’s certification from the Top Employer Institute is awarded to PMI teams in 44 countries, a testament to the company’s consistency and excellence in offering an enriching and dynamic work environment, and exceptional development opportunities for employees across the globe. PMI has been recognized by the Top Employer Institute for six consecutive years. This year, PMI was awarded with five regional certifications in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and, for the first time, in North America and Latin America. Additionally, Indonesia was the first PMI affiliate to be certified in Asia. “It is a proud moment for all of us at PMI,” said Charles Bendotti, PMI Senior Vice President, People and Culture. “Our success as a company relies on the men and women who come to work every day with a passion to achieve, and a willingness to learn, grow, and
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme