Biogen Confirms Commitment to Tackle Multiple Sclerosis Through Comprehensive Approach
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) confirms its comprehensive approach to tackle multiple sclerosis (MS) at the seventh Joint Meeting of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in MS (ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS; 25 – 28 October).
“With more than 25 years of scientific leadership in MS, Biogen’s commitment is unwavering,” said Michael Ehlers, executive vice president, Research & Development at Biogen. “Our expertise puts Biogen in a unique position with a comprehensive approach including active research and clinical development on how to repair the damage to the central nervous system from relapsing forms of MS, a portfolio of new drug candidates that we are advancing to the clinic, our collaboration to identify a digital biomarker, our focus to advance understanding of the disease through global data collection with MS PATHS, active pursuit of the genetic origins of progressive forms of MS, and our innovation in value-based contract pilots in the U.S.”
Key updates at ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS from Biogen include:
- The latest from the collaboration with Verily and Brigham and Women’s Hospital whose goal is to explore the use of digital biosensors to assess patients outside of the clinic. Additional data on the possible utility of predictive biomarkers to inform MS diagnosis and ongoing disease monitoring, with the goal of assisting clinicians with their decisions on how to treat based on the heterogeneic differences of those living with MS, will also be presented.
- Interim reports from MS PATHS (Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions), a collaboration with 10 leading MS centers in Europe and the U.S. to leverage technology deployed in routine care to generate standardized, high-quality data from a diverse, real-world patient population. MS PATHS collects clinical, MRI and biologic data from all patients in real-time, at the point of care, to better understand the disease and ultimately improve the lives of those living with MS.
- An assessment of the Big Multiple Sclerosis Data (BMSD) Network, comprised of five MS registries and facilitated by Biogen. The network will merge data from large MS registries that have collected longitudinal data on nearly 140,000 people with MS. The scale of this pooled MS data may enable greater understanding of MS and its impact.
- A comprehensive review of the Phase 2 SYNERGY trial that identified a specific patient population for the investigational molecule opicinumab (anti-LINGO-1) as a potential therapy to repair damage to the central nervous system caused by MS.
- An innovative economic model using real-world data from the MSBase Registry with a goal to demonstrate cost-effectiveness of treatment in highly-active MS patients. The analysis supports value-based reimbursement initiatives linked to patient outcomes. In July, Biogen announced four pilots for value-based contracts with health plans across the U.S. The contracts utilize real-world data to align price with patient outcomes.
“With 10 centers now active and strong patient enrollment, our MS PATHS collaboration provides a glimpse into the future of MS care and research,” said Alfred Sandrock, M.D., Ph.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer at Biogen. “By leveraging technology we are able to collect a robust set of real-world data that is unprecedented in scale and will contribute to a more precise approach to managing patients by supporting providers in real-time to meet the diverse needs of people living with MS.”
Highlights of Biogen’s more than 80 platform and poster presentations:
- Predictors of an Opicinumab Treatment Effect and Identification of an Efficacy Subpopulation: A Post Hoc Analysis of the SYNERGY Study – Poster P718 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Overall Response Score: A Novel Disability Endpoint That Allows for the Integrated Assessment of Improvement and Worsening Over Time in Patients with MS – Poster P777 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Temporal Variability Profile of Serum Neurofilament Light Levels in Multiple Sclerosis Patients – Platform 102 – Thursday, 26 October, 11:37–11:49 CET
- Biosensor Measures in Clinic and Free-living Settings Correlate with Multiple Sclerosis Disease Severity – Platform 191 – Friday, 27 October, 09:15-09:27 CET
- Big Multiple Sclerosis Data Network: Data Sharing Among Five Large MS Registries – Poster P738 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- The Multiple Sclerosis Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions (MS PATHS) Patient Cohort – Poster P336 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- Comparison of Case-mix in Multiple Sclerosis Patients Participating in Randomized Control Trials, Prospective Observational Studies, and Multiple Sclerosis Partners Advancing Technology and Health Solutions (MS PATHS) – Poster P351 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
- A Cost-effectiveness Analysis Using Real-world Data from the MSBase Registry: Comparing Natalizumab to Fingolimod in Patients with Inadequate Response to Disease Modifying Therapies in Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis in Scotland – Poster P700 – Thursday, 26 October, 15:30-17:00 CET
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978 as one of the world’s first global biotechnology companies by Charles Weissman and Nobel Prize winners Walter Gilbert and Phillip Sharp , today Biogen has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis; has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy; and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, pain, ophthalmology, neuropsychiatry, and acute neurology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. We routinely post information that may be important to investors on our website at www.biogen.com. To learn more, please visit www.biogen.com and follow us on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube.
Biogen Safe Harbor
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the potential impact of our programs, development and potential benefits, safety and efficacy of investigational drugs, including opicinumab, results of certain clinical studies and real-world data. These statements may be identified by words such as “aim,” “believe,” “except,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “will” and similar expressions, and are based on our current beliefs and expectations. You should not place undue reliance on these statements or the scientific data presented. Drug development and commercialization involve a high degree of risk, and only a small number of research and development programs result in commercialization of a product. Results in early stage clinical trials may not be indicative of full results or results from later stage or larger scale clinical trials and do not ensure regulatory approval. Factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from our current expectations include the risk that we may not fully enroll our clinical trials or enrollment will take longer than expected, unexpected concerns may arise from additional data or analysis, including data, analysis or results obtained during our clinical trials, regulatory authorities may require additional information or further studies, or may fail to approve or may delay approval of our drug candidates, or we may encounter other unexpected hurdles which may be impacted by, among other things, the occurrence of adverse safety events, failure to obtain regulatory approvals in certain jurisdictions, failure to protect intellectual property and other proprietary rights, product liability claims, third party collaboration risks. The foregoing sets forth many, but not all, of the factors that could cause actual results to differ from our expectations in any forward-looking statement. Investors should consider this cautionary statement, as well as the risk factors identified in Biogen’s most recent annual or quarterly report and in other reports Biogen has filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These statements are based on our current beliefs and expectations and speak only as of the date of this press release. We do not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista jo ennen kuin ne uutisoidaan? Kun tilaat tiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi yhtä aikaa suomalaisen median kanssa. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
2018 D.I.C.E. Cannes Announced Round 3 Speakers16.8.2018 17:01 | Tiedote
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences’ D.I.C.E. Cannes event will take place 9-11 September 2018 at the Hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes in France. Leading video game executives will participate in the premier networking opportunities, listen to key speakers address the conference theme - Trailblazers - to tackle some of the industry’s biggest ideas and trends. Newly announced speakers include: Craig Duncan, Studio Head at Rare – Duncan will share his studio’s experience and learnings with “A Rare Voyage of Adventure.” Duncan will provide insight into Rare’s bold new IP Sea of Thieves, a game that has inspired friendships and players creating stories together. David Hubert, Animation and Cinematic Director at Eidos Montreal – In Hubert’s talk he will discuss how cinematics are redefining AAA story-driven games and how they will continue to shape the medium to push the envelope throughout the production process. Adam Orth – In a session titled “Digging for Fire: Virtual Reality 20
GN Hearing and Google Announce Partnership to Bring Direct Mobile Streaming from Android Devices to Hearing Aids16.8.2018 16:00 | Tiedote
GN Hearing and Google have today announced a new technology partnership that will make GN Hearing the first manufacturer to enable a full spectrum of direct audio streaming from Android devices to hearing aids. The expectations are that direct streaming will become available to hearing aid users of the recently launched hearing aids ReSound LiNX Quattro™ and Beltone Amaze™ in a future Android release. “According to the World Health Organization, around 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss. This number is expected to increase to 900 million people by the year 2050. Google is working with GN Hearing to create a new open specification for hearing aid streaming support on future versions of Android devices,” states Seang Chau, Vice President of Engineering at Google. Users will be able to connect and monitor their hearing aids, so they can get the full advantages of their Android devices without using an intermediate device for streaming to their hearing aids. This will
Zurich Expands Global Use of Guidewire InsurancePlatform with Selection of Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics16.8.2018 15:55 | Tiedote
Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), the provider of the industry platform Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon, today announced that Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) has selected Guidewire Cyence™ Risk Analytics (Cyence) to leverage the cyber risk knowledge and insights the solution provides to help the company prospect, underwrite, and price risks. Zurich will roll out Cyence globally with an emphasis on enhanced analytics and intelligence for risk selection. Unprecedented technological advances of the 21st century have shifted the nature of risk across the P&C insurance industry. Ever-evolving cyber risks present unique challenges including limited availability of traditional actuarial data needed to model these risks. Cyence combines economic modeling, cybersecurity, machine learning and Internet scale data collection to help risk takers assess the financial impact of cyber risk. “After conducting a thorough search, we found that the capabilities of Guidewire Cyence Risk
Scientist.com Named One of America’s Ten Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. Magazine16.8.2018 15:06 | Tiedote
Scientist.com, the world’s leading marketplace for outsourced scientific services, today announced that it ranked no. 9 on Inc. magazine’s 2018 list of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately owned companies in America. Scientist.com ranked no. 2 nationally in the Health category and no. 2 in the state of California. The San Diego-based company builds private marketplaces that connect life science research organizations with a global network of over 2,600 contract research organizations (CROs) and providers of scientific services. “Our mission is to empower and connect scientists worldwide and make it possible to cure all human diseases by 2050,” stated Kevin Lustig, Scientist.com’s CEO and Founder. “On Scientist.com, a single, highly trained scientist can run an entire drug discovery program from concept to clinic from his or her laptop without ever physically entering a laboratory.” The pharmaceutical industry spends about $150B a year on medical research and produces about 25 new medic
REN Using Kalkitech Sync Platform at Substations for Automated Disturbance Record Collection and Data Conversion16.8.2018 13:59 | Tiedote
Kalkitech, a global leader in solutions that simplify field data collection, protocol translation, and IT-OT transformation for utilities, announced Redes Energéticas Nacionais, S.A. (REN) has installed an automated file collection solution for its transmission network. It is used to automatically supply near-time data to an automated fault analysis and protection behavior software application. The solution utilizes Kalkitech’s SYNC 3000 Substation Data Concentrator in 64 out of a total of 82 substations located throughout the utility’s coverage area to collect data from multiple vendors and multiple types of protection relays which use several different communication protocols. SYNC 3000 collects disturbance record data using standard protocols like IEC 61850 and IEC 60870-5-103 as well as proprietary protocols like ABB SPA Bus and Alstom Courier. In the cases where data is not originally in a COMTRADE format, SYNC 3000 makes the required conversion into this standard format. An IEEE
FastForward.ai Launches “Ooredoo Next”, Myanmar’s New Digital Engagement Platform16.8.2018 13:15 | Tiedote
FastForward.ai launched today Ooredoo Next, the new digital engagement platform for Ooredoo Myanmar. Supported by FastForward NXTTM real-time API platform featuring artificial intelligence and machine learning, Ooredoo Next allows all mobile users in Myanmar to easily engage with Ooredoo brand inside Facebook Messenger using real-time automated answers. For Ooredoo Myanmar, FastForward.ai digital engagement platform enables efficient management of social media advertising campaigns, customer relationship management and monetization. Augie K. Fabela II, Co-Founder and CEO, FastForward.ai said: “We bring Silicon Valley user experience to the Telco world. We enable mobile operators to give their customers 100% control of their choices: they decide the services they want to use, how and when they want to use them." Romeo S. Ganescu, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, FastForward.ai said: “The future of mobile engagement lies inside social and messaging networks and our FastForward NXTTM
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme