Celebrity Stylist Tara Swennen and Glamhive Founder Stephanie Sprangers Once Again Bring Together Some of the Biggest Names from Around the World in Style, Fashion, Beauty and Women’s Empowerment for Groundbreaking Digital Event
Celebrity stylist Tara Swennen and Glamhive founder Stephanie Sprangers will once again bring together some of the biggest names from around the world in style, fashion, beauty and women’s empowerment for the Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar—a groundbreaking digital event.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200708005857/en/
Adir Abergel, Celebrity Hair Stylist (Photo: Glamhive)
During Glamhive’s first digital event, Glamhive LIVE Style Summit, audience members were asked to engage with panels through live, real-time question and answer sessions. The conversations ranged from intimate questions about how to break down gender barriers when starting a business to how to find ways to break in into business through marketing. Due to that event’s overwhelming success, Swennen and Sprangers decided to raise the bar for their next global event.
“The style, beauty, and designer communities are a close-knit one; many of us have worked together or known each other for years—and, this year has been a tough one. I’m thrilled by the opportunity to bring us all together and share our insights, experience, and advice with everyone who wants to be part of our community too,” said Tara Swennen, celebrity stylist. Swennen was inducted into the Costume Designers Guild, was named one of The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Most Powerful Stylists four years in a row and was awarded Best Vegan Fashion Stylist at the first Vegan Fashion Week. Her clients include Kristen Stewart, Matthew McConaughey, Lana Condor, and Allison Janney. She has worked on major campaigns with Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Neutrogena, E!, Target, and Netflix, and her work has appeared in Flaunt, InStyle, Nylon, Teen Vogue, Esquire UK, Maxim, and more.
The Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar is touted as the world’s largest digital gathering of some of the greatest talents in the fashion, style and beauty industries, coming together for round table discussions with audience participation. The conference will feature three tracks, 32 panels, over 100 different speakers, and offer highly intensive “Master Classes” focused on specific topics with in-depth, intimate conversations with globally renowned experts.
“Glamhive’s vision is to make personal styling available to everyone, everywhere and our digital events are a wonderful extension of that. For the very first time, people who are fashion and beauty enthusiasts or work in the industry can learn from the best in the business,” said Stephanie Sprangers, Glamhive founder. Sprangers is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Glamhive, the online personal styling service that brings expert personal stylists and makeup artists—recruited directly from Hollywood and Instagram—to everyone. Glamhive has developed proprietary software that allows stylists to take clients through a styling experience that is 100% online, allowing people to work with stylists anywhere in the world.
Tickets to the conference are $99 for an all-day ticket and $149 for an all-day ticket + VIP Gift Box. Glamhive will donate 15 percent of all ticket sales to the NAACP. For a 25 percent discount on all-day tickets, use the promo code: GLAMHIVEGLOBAL.
Presenting sponsor for the Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar is Mary Kay and its Mary Kay Global Design Studio. Other sponsors include 11 Honore, Michael Stars, and more.
Track 1: Personal Style
Personal style is about expression, communication, connection, and valuing yourself enough to reach your potential. In this track, personal style is as unique as you are.
- Every BODY is Welcome Here—Size Inclusive Dressing. Speakers include: Brooke Jaffe, Mary Katrantzou, Mary Alice Haney, Amber Tolliver, Amanda Lim, and Sarah Ahmed.
- Pivot to Success—A discussion of pivoting your company in times of change. Speakers include: Andrew Bevan, Ripley Rader, Cynthia Sakai, Emily P Wheeler, Victor Glemaud, and Suzanne Lerner.
- Glow Up: Express Yourself Through Hair and Makeup—Speakers include: Mark Townsend, Kira Nasrat, Mary Wiles, and Christine Symonds.
- Leading the Change—Female founder perspective on building a purpose-driven business. Speakers include: Rose Apodaca, Arianne Phillips, Carineh Martin, Jill Lincoln, Jordan Johnson, Camila Alves McConaughey, Adir Abergel, and Melisse Shaban.
- Routines and Rituals—A step by step guide to skincare and makeup. Speakers include: Kelly Atterton, Sarah Akram, Jamie Greenberg, and Tamah Krinsky.
- Shape Matters—A discussion on loving yourself and loving your shape. Speakers include: Simone Harouche, Jamie Mizrahi, Andrea Racey, Laurel Berman, and Christian Juul Nielsen.
- Stuart Weitzman— Stuart Weitzman—Maximize your look with accessories. Speakers include: Edmundo Castillo, Sharon Kanter, Kesha McLoud, Dani Michelle.
- Professional Style in the Age of Zoom—Speaker: Shaye Strager
Track 2: Business of Fashion
Innovation. Creativity. Sustainability. Diversity. The business of fashion is worth $2.5 trillion globally. Consumers, creatives, philanthropists, entrepreneurs and businesses need to have a stronger voice in shaping the industry for the better.
- The Future of Fashion—How innovations in tech will change the industry. Speakers include: Stephanie Sprangers, Andrew Bevan, David Schottenstein, Lindsay Albanese, Irina Sulemanovic, Alexandra Mandelkorn, and David Sheinkopf.
- Fashion in the Age of Globalization—Speakers include: Louise Roe, Aimee Croysdill and Elisa Nalin.
- Looking Forward, Acting Now—A conversation on sustainability. Speakers include: Marcy Medina , Evet Sanchez, Tara Swennen, Umberto De Marco, Jennifer Stucko, Vanessa Barboni Hallick, Saima Chowdhurry, and Samata.
- The Future We Choose-Representation in Fashion—The leaders we need when it comes to the progress of diversity in fashion. Speakers include: Booth Moore, Courtney Mays, Joan Reidy, Tracy Reese, Mecca Cox, Jeanne Yang, and Kibwe Chase Marshall
- The Conscientious Consumer—Shop from your heart and use your dollars to shape the marketplace. Speakers include: Booth Moore, Stefan Siegel, Sasha Skoda, and Dana Rebecca, Negar Ali Kline, and Chloe Gosselin.
- Stand Up, Stand Out, Stand Proud!—Speakers include: Scott Studenberg, Ruthie Davis, Kimberly Van Schoyck-Riojas, Rebecca Lay, Sam Ratelle, Christina Pacelli, Brett Heyman, and Nicolas Bru.
- Women in Fashion-Female Leadership—Speakers include: Melinda Maria, Dani Michelle, Lindsey Dupuis, Stephanie Walters Abramow, and Mollie Faithe Good.
- Makeup prep—Speaker include: Tracy O’Connor and Megumi Asai.
Track 3: The Beauty Biz
Personalized beauty is the new beauty and businesses are evolving on how to build a customized, unique business, product portfolio, and all areas of business to meet consumer demands.
- New Beauty: How Ethics Are Changing the Industry—Highlighting new innovations and how the future of beauty looks. Speakers include: Amy Nadine, Jill Crosby, and Frédéric Fekkai.
- All Hair is Good Hair—Breaking the beauty ideal. Speakers include: Saisha Beecham, Miles Jeffries, Marc Mena, Ken O’Rourke, and Ben Skervin.
- Filling the Void: Advocating for Inclusivity—A discussion of skin tone palettes, varying hair types, and what it means to the beauty industry. Speakers include: Riley Blanks, Amber Amos, Vincent Oquendo, Georgie Eisdell, Anastasia Stylianou, and Tasha Reiko Brown.
- Breaking into Beauty—Hear founders and leaders on how they carved out a piece of the pie for themselves. Speakers include: Camara Aunique, Etienne Ortega, Kelsey Deenihan, Allan Avendaño, and Tracey Cunningham.
- This Is Who I Am—Inner beauty vs. outer beauty: a discussion of what the idea truly means. Speakers include: Molly Stern, Joey Maalouf, Alexx Mayo, Pati Dubroff, Sheridan Ward, Anton Khachaturian, and Kara Yoshimoto Bua.
- Staying Safe: From Set to Salon—The new rules, from working on set, to getting a blow out at a salon. Speakers include Ted Gibson, Jason Backe, Laura Rugetti, Denis De Souza, and Mikey Koffman.
- Facing Change—How artists and leaders have pivoted to face the world head on. Speakers include: Marcy Medina, Beau Nelson, Africa Miranda, Tracy O’Connor, and Matthew Collins.
The Master Classes
This exclusive track is a wide spectrum ranging from creating your brand to building your business, focusing on insider information and breaking through any barrier to start, grow or expand your knowledge of fashion, beauty, and style.
- Here Comes the Bride—Panelists include: Micaela Erlanger, Mark Badgley & James Mishka.
- Paths to Success—Paving YOUR OWN way to becoming a stylist. Panelists include: Meg Chapman, Jordan LaValle, Shani Thomas, Shatora Adrell, and Tiffany Gifford.
- The ROI of Style—How standout personal style leads to confidence and life success. Speakers include: Andrew Weitz and Quentin Thrash
- Nubra Style Out—Featuring Jennifer Rade.
- Media Mastery Workshop—Learn how to develop a digital presence that gets you noticed and gets you paid. Featuring Africa Miranda.
- Creating Your Brand—How to create your brand, build an audience, and authentically express who you are. Featuring Carrie Colbert.
- Building Your Styling Business—Learn how to turn your current business into a profitable one. Featuring Sarah Cohen, founder of The Styling Advisory.
- The Essential “How to Guide” to Styling—Find your calling in the creative and styling field. Featuring Kesha McCloud.
Quotes from Speakers/Panelists
Pati Dubroff, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Dubroff is considered one of the most legendary and respected Hollywood makeup artists of all time.
“I am thrilled to join this very impressive lineup of the best of the best in the worlds of beauty, fashion and design as we band together to share and inspire. Although we need to be physically distant, we can keep our creative juices flowing and be together learning and growing with this awesome Glamhive community.”
Adir Abergel, Celebrity Hair Stylist
Abergel has created memorable hair looks for Hollywood’s most talented artists, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron, and more.
“I am humbled to be included with so many smart and inspiring women that are leaders in our industry.”
Africa Miranda, TV Host | Author | Beautypreneur | Digital Media Personality | Founder of Beauty by Africa Miranda
A dynamic speaker, host, actress and spokesmodel, with distinctive style and quick wit, and the breakout star of Bravo TV’s “The New Atlanta.”
“If a creative in any field can maximize their digital presence, the sky is the limit. I’m honored and excited to partner with Glamhive as a speaker for the Digital Summer Bazaar. This will be a fantastic opportunity for stylists and fashion-lovers to expand their know how and build their brands.”
Mark Badgley, co-founder of Badgley Mischka
James Mischka, co-founder of Badgley Mischka
Badgley and Mischka have been hailed by Vogue as one of the “Top 10 American Designers” and as the darlings of the Hollywood set. The design duo has made their mark over the past two decades.
“We are thrilled to be a part of the GlamHive Live Digital Summer Bazaar,” said Mark Badgley. “To be able to chat with Micaela and share our insights and thoughts on all things Bridal will be a treat. We are excited to be connecting with such a great audience of fashion fans,” added James Mischka.
Glamhive was founded by entrepreneur Stephanie Sprangers in 2017 with the vision to democratize personal styling and the premise that the confidence that comes with glamour should not be exclusive to the rich and famous. The online styling experience offers anyone with a Wi-Fi connection access to stylists who will provide them with the support they need to be the best version of themselves. For stylists, it is a seamless end-to-end platform to help them grow their network and their business, 100% virtually.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Owl Labs: 89% of European Companies Plan on Having a Hybrid Workforce Post-pandemic23.6.2021 02:01:00 EEST | Press release
Research conducted by Owl Labs, which polled 2000 business leaders* based in the UK, Germany, France, and the Nordics** shows that just 11% of business leaders expect their employees to return to the office full-time, indicating a more permanent shift to hybrid working. What’s more, the majority of European organisations (92%) are keen to explore progressive policies post-pandemic including introducing working from anywhere (42%), core working hours (39%), a four-day week (39%), and unlimited holiday (22%). When considering why employers are permanently moving to a more flexible work model, profitability plays an important role. Close to two-thirds (62%) of European business leaders reported that hybrid working makes companies more profitable with Enterprise businesses (1000+ employees) the most likely to think so (73%) versus small and medium-sized companies (55%). As businesses continue to adapt to working in a Covid-19 environment, over a third (39%) of European business leaders ant
Northleaf Appoints Shane Feeney to Lead and Expand Its Well-established Global Secondaries Business22.6.2021 21:00:00 EEST | Press release
Northleaf Capital Partners (Northleaf) today announced that Shane Feeney has joined the firm as Global Head of Secondaries, based in Toronto. In this role, Feeney will oversee all aspects of Northleaf’s secondaries program, building on the firm’s highly successful 18-year track record in global secondary investing and enhancing existing team capabilities as the secondaries market continues to expand rapidly. Feeney most recently served as Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Private Equity at CPP Investments, one of the world’s largest institutional investors with $497.2 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2021. In this role, Feeney led the teams responsible for CPP Investments’ direct private equity, Asia private equity, private equity funds and secondaries investments. Under Feeney’s leadership, CPP Investments’ private equity program assets under management grew by approximately $73.6 billion. In fiscal 2021, CPP Investments’ private equity program generated a ne
SES Successfully Prices EUR 150 Million Tap of 2026 Eurobond22.6.2021 19:46:00 EEST | Press release
SES S.A. announced today the successful launch and pricing of a tap of its 1.625% Notes due 22 March 2026 in which it has agreed to sell incremental senior unsecured fixed rate notes for a total amount of EUR 150 million. The new notes were priced at 106.665% of their nominal value representing a credit spread of 47bps and a yield-to-maturity of 0.207%. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210622005953/en/ SES Successfully Prices EUR 150 Million Tap of 2026 Eurobond (Photo: Business Wire) SES is rated Baa2 by Moody’s (with negative outlook) and BBB- by Standard & Poor’s (with stable outlook). Proceeds of the issuance will be used for general corporate purposes. BBVA, Deutsche Bank and IMI Intesa Sanpaolo acted as Joint Bookrunners. The settlement is scheduled for 29 June 2021 and application has been made for the notes to be listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. The securities were placed with a broad range of i
Safic-Alcan Extends Its Distribution Agreement With PMC Organometallix to the African Continent22.6.2021 19:35:00 EEST | Press release
Safic-Alcan, a global specialty chemicals distributor, is pleased to announce the extension of its distribution agreement with PMC Organometallix Inc. to the African continent. PMC Organometallix, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of PMC Group, N.A., Inc. has expanded its distribution agreement with Safic-Alcan to include the African continent. Effective immediately, Safic-Alcan will serve as an authorized distributor of PMC Organometallix’s FASCAT® catalysts and fine chemicals. FASCAT® catalysts are inorganic and organometallic tin compounds providing optimal conversion and curing characteristics - making these organometallic materials essential in a wide variety of applications. FASCAT® catalysts are used in the manufacture of synthetic lubricants, monomeric and polymeric ester synthesis, automotive e-coat, crosslinking of siloxanes, urethanes and chemical intermediates. “Building on our successful partnership with Safic-Alcan in continental Europe, we are pleased to extend our collabo
In Celebration of World Rainforest Day, 33 Qualified Teams and 9 Judges Announced in $10M XPRIZE Competition to Improve Understandings and Preservation of the Planet’s Rainforests22.6.2021 19:24:00 EEST | Press release
XPRIZE, the global leader in designing and operating incentive competitions to solve humanity’s grand challenges, officially announced today the teams moving forward in the $10M XPRIZE Rainforest aimed at improving our understanding of the rainforest ecosystem. Sponsored by Alana Foundation, the five-year XPRIZE Rainforest is a call-to-action to help save rainforests through the development of transformative, scalable, and affordable technology to autonomously survey and monitor biodiversity in real-time, leading to insights that communicate the health, well-being, and value of standing tropical rainforests. XPRIZE Rainforest is co-developing an inclusive framework throughout all stages of the competition that ensures competing teams co-design and co-create solutions with Indigenous Peoples and local communities as key stakeholders and not just beneficiaries. These 33 teams will now leverage existing and emerging technologies, such as robotics, remote sensing, data analysis, artificial
BourseInside, The New Media Platform That Finds Attractive Investments for Curious Investors22.6.2021 18:08:00 EEST | Press release
On the stock market, small caps continue to outperform. Since 1926, they have posted a performance of 12.1% per year, in contrast to 9.7% for large caps. And yet these so-called "small stocks" have been largely ignored by the stock market. They are rarely covered by analysts, shunned by the mainstream stock-market press and neglected by funds. Nevertheless, they are of great interest to investors, in particular those who have recently taken to investing in the stock market in order to grow their savings (16% increase in investors in 2020). For half of these newcomers, investing in the stock market gives them the opportunity to support the French economy by supporting the growth of our future champions and to channel their savings into a more sustainable and fairer model. In order to further strengthen this link between the French people and the development of our national companies, we decided to create BourseInside, the first web/TV/newsletter media platform, fully dedicated to listed
DARZALEX®▼ (daratumumab) Subcutaneous (SC) Formulation Becomes the First Approved Treatment for Newly Diagnosed Systemic Light Chain Amyloidosis in Europe and Gains an Additional Approval in Pre-Treated Multiple Myeloma22.6.2021 17:31:00 EEST | Press release
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today announced the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorisation for the expanded use of DARZALEX®▼ (daratumumab) subcutaneous (SC) formulation in two new indications. The first authorisation of these new indications is for the use of daratumumab SC in combination with bortezomib, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone (D-VCd) for the treatment of adults with newly diagnosed systemic light chain (AL) amyloidosis. This approval makes this daratumumab-based regimen the first approved therapy for AL amyloidosis in Europe. The second authorisation is for the use of daratumumab SC in combination with pomalidomide and dexamethasone (D-Pd) for the treatment of adults with multiple myeloma (MM) who have received one prior therapy containing a proteasome inhibitor and lenalidomide and were lenalidomide refractory, or who have received at least two prior therapies that included lenalidomide and a proteasome inhibitor, and have
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom