CES 2020 Wraps: AI and 5G Define the Future of Innovation
CES® 2020 wrapped today, following a week filled with over 20,000 product debuts unveiling the future of technology. More than 4,400 exhibiting companies launched their latest tech products to some 170,000 attendees across more than 2.9 million net square feet of exhibit space. From global tech brands to pioneering startups, the innovation at CES 2020 will revolutionize markets and change our world for the better.
“CES 2020 inspired and connected every major industry across the globe,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, owner and producer of CES. “The innovation unveiled at CES 2020 will reshape industries, create jobs, fuel the global economy and improve lives around the world.”
“This week at CES illustrated that every company is truly a tech company,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president, CES. “Global technology brands blended with non-traditional tech companies to showcase how innovation is furthering business across all markets – setting the stage for the decade ahead.”
Key Themes at CES
CES 2020 featured the entire spectrum of transformative technology that will redefine markets and shift business models, including:
- AI was dominant throughout the show floor and will be a ‘key ingredient technology’ over the next decade. Companies debuted their latest AI solutions, including Brunswick, Doosan, John Deere and Kyocera.
5G and Mobile Connectivity
- CES is the only show where the entire 5G ecosystem – the backbone for connectivity, transportation, augmented and virtual reality, digital health and more – comes together. Carriers and mobile operators, such as Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, Nokia and Ericsson, demonstrated the latest advancements in 5G’s speed, reliability and efficiency.
Non-Traditional Tech Companies at CES
- Non-traditional companies used CES 2020 as a platform to launch products. Impossible Foods returned to CES 2020, debuting its Impossible Pork; John Deere was featured in the AI & Robotics Marketplace and other companies, such as Bell, Delta Airlines, L’Oreal, NBCUniversal and Proctor & Gamble unveiled how they’re transforming their businesses through technology.
Tech for Good
- Innovative technologies launched at CES that will change lives and improve our world. Digital health technologies were a major theme, with advancements in digital therapeutics, wearables and remote patient monitoring as digital health addresses real world issues like opioid dependence, mental illness and chronic disease. The Health & Wellness category saw an increase of nearly 25% with more than 135 exhibiting companies at CES 2020, including Humetrix and InBody.
- The Smart Cities exhibit area expanded by nearly 25% over 2019, with companies and organizations including the Department of Transportation, Hitachi and Siemens, highlighting products that will revitalize economies and help communities survive and thrive.
- CTA also partnered with the World Bank Group at CES 2020 on a Global Tech Challenge, calling for companies around the world to create solutions focused on three key areas: health, gender inequality and technologies that enable communities to be resilient. The Health Tech Challenge category is accepting applications through February 25 to connect innovators with healthcare providers in East Africa.
- CES 2020 was also the world’s largest startup event, with more than 1,200 companies from 46 countries featured within Eureka Park, offering disruptive innovations, attracting investors and big-name brands. Technologies unveiled within Eureka Park include the Oval Home smart sensor that analyzes temperature, light, humidity and movement in the home; Yoganotch, which applies motion capture technology to help users improve poses; and Caregiver Smart Solutions with sensors that track movement and patterns to provide caregivers reassurance and patients with more independence at home.
“CES has the unique ability for startups and young companies to get exposure to major global brands,” said Mara Lewis, Co-Founder and CEO, ID8 Innovation; member, CTA Board of Industry Leaders. “The opportunities for venture funding and growth are incredible here. And the CES 2020 Diversity and Inclusion conference track was mind blowing!”
Diversity and Inclusion
- CES 2020 had a large focus on Diversity and Inclusion, with new programming and partnerships. The Innovation for All conference program featured chief diversity officers and leaders from Bosch, HP and Walmart, and explored inclusive ways that D&I is contributing to the bottom line, shifting culture, hiring differently and investing in diversity.
Travel and Tourism
- Delta Airlines was the first airline to keynote at CES. During his address, Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian described the future world of travel through tech, including AI, AR, biometric security, smart incentive programs, and a new Parallel Reality experience, as travel becomes more customized.
Transportation and Vehicle Technology
- CES 2020 was revved up highlighting the future of transportation. Nine of the world’s leading car manufacturers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler (Mercedes), FCA, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan and Toyota, and more than 150 vehicle tech exhibitors unveiled the latest in connected cars, self-driving vehicles and concept cars. Products included the Mercedes Vision AVTR concept car, Audi’s AI:ME and the Sony Vision S.
- CES brought together content creators, Hollywood, the advertising and music industries, media and leading CMOs to explore the future of brand marketing and entertainment, including streaming services, through the return of C Space. The 2020 program featured more than 60 exhibitors, including AT&T Services, Comcast, Google, HP, Hulu, iHeart, NBC Universal, Pandora, Reddit, Roku, SiriuXM, Snap, Twitch, Turner, Univision and WWE.
The CES stage featured more than 1,100 speakers representing major global industries, including keynotes from Samsung President and CEO of Consumer Electronics Division Mr. Hyun-Suk Kim; Daimler Chairman Ola Källenius; Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian; NBCUniversal Chairman of Advertising and Partnerships Linda Yaccarino; Quibi CEO Meg Whitman and Founder Jeffrey Katzenberg; U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao; Salesforce Chairman and co-CEO Marc Benioff; Unilever CEO Alan Jope; and Presidential Advisor, Ivanka Trump.
Visit CES.tech/Live to see the CES keynotes, SuperSessions and other conference programs.
“We hosted 40 CEOs and corporate directors here, and over half were attending CES for the very first time,” said Nichole Jordan, Central Region Managing Partner, Grant Thornton; member, CTA Board of Industry Leaders. “As we debriefed, they said this show – this experience – helps them to reimagine their businesses and their futures.”
CES® is the largest, most influential tech event in the world – the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators. This is where the world's biggest brands do business and meet new partners, and the sharpest innovators hit the stage. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)®, CES features every aspect of the tech sector. Learn more at CES.tech and follow CES on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
As North America’s largest technology trade association, CTA® is the tech sector. Our members are the world’s leading innovators – from startups to global brands – helping support more than 18 million American jobs. CTA owns and produces CES® – the largest, most influential tech event in the world. Find us at CTA.tech. Follow us @CTAtech
January 6-9, 2021 – Las Vegas, NV
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Takeda Presents New Data Highlighting Scientific Advancements in Lung Cancer at ESMO Virtual Congress18.9.2020 13:55:00 EEST | Press release
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502/NYSE:TAK) (“Takeda”) today announced that the company is presenting data from its lung cancer portfolio at the virtual European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) conference. Notably, insights from sub-analyses of the Phase 3 ALTA 1L study reinforce both the compelling evidence of intracranial efficacy with ALUNBRIG® (brigatinib) as a first-line treatment for patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive (ALK+) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) as well as associated quality of life (QoL) data. Takeda is also featuring updated 10-month follow-up results from the Phase 1/2 trial of mobocertinib (TAK-788), demonstrating mobocertinib achieved a duration of response (DoR) of more than one year in the trial’s study population of patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) Exon20 insertion+ metastatic NSCLC (mNSCLC). “We’re pleased to present our ongoing research in lung cancer at this year’s virtual ESMO congress, including new
Incyte Announces Encouraging Results From Phase 2 Trial of Retifanlimab (INCMGA0012) in Patients With Previously Treated, Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anal Canal18.9.2020 13:00:00 EEST | Press release
Incyte (Nasdaq:INCY) today announced results from its Phase 2 POD1UM-202 trial evaluating retifanlimab, a PD-1 inhibitor, in previously treated patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal (SCAC) who have progressed following standard platinum-based chemotherapy. The trial enrolled 94 patients, including those with well-controlled human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection (10%). Retifanlimab monotherapy resulted in a confirmed objective response rate (ORR) of 14% as determined by independent central review (ICR) using RECIST v1.1. Responses were observed regardless of PD-L1 status, presence of liver metastases, age or HIV+ status. Retifanlimab was generally well-tolerated with a safety profile as expected of a PD-1 inhibitor and no loss of HIV infection control. Key findings from POD1UM-202: N=94 ORR* (95% CI) 13.8% (7.6-22.5) Best OR*, n 1 CR 12 PR 33 SD DCR 48.9% DOR, median (95% CI), months 9.5 (5.6-NE) PFS, median (95% CI), months 2.3 (1.9-3.6) OS, median (95
Sigfox and Cube Infrastructure Managers Announce Major Partnership in IoT Infrastructure18.9.2020 10:30:00 EEST | Press release
Sigfox, the global 0G network1 and cloud provider for industrial data, is proud to announce a new strategic alliance with Cube Infrastructure Managers (Cube), through the sale of its German 0G network to Cube. Sigfox has grown its 0G IoT services by rolling out 0G networks across 72 countries and regions, which was largely achieved with partners called Sigfox Operators. These operators are the owners of the 0G networks, which they operate as exclusive connectivity providers of Sigfox IoT services, offering worldwide connectivity to customers. The sale of the German network to Cube will allow Sigfox to finance its continued innovation efforts in data value extraction and improvements in cloud algorithms to reduce energy consumption and allow the implementation of even more cost-effective devices and sensors. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200918005116/en/ Cube Infrastructure Managers, the European infrastructu
Sensorion successfully raises approximately €31 (US$ 36.5) million in an oversubscribed private placement to US and European investors18.9.2020 09:00:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Not for release, publication or distribution, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States, Canada, Australia or Japan. This press release is not intended as an offer and is for informational purpose only Sensorion (Paris:ALSEN) (FR0012596468 – ALSEN – the “Company”) a pioneering clinical-stage biotechnology company which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders announces today the success of its previously announced capital increase. The Company has placed 18,236,000 new ordinary shares with a nominal value of €0.10 each (the “New Shares”), for total gross proceeds of approximately € 31 million by means of an accelerated bookbuild offering to the benefit of categories of persons (the “Reserved Offering”). The issue price of the New Shares is €1.70 per share, representing a 3.5% discount to the weighted average share price on the day preceding the date on which the issuance price
ESMO 2020: Phase II CLARINET FORTE Results Show Increasing Dose Frequencies of Somatuline® Autogel® (lanreotide) Allows Patients with NETs to Delay Treatment Escalation by up to 8.3 Months18.9.2020 08:00:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced the release of first efficacy and safety data from the CLARINET FORTE study, with the abstract to be presented as a mini-oral presentation at the 2020 European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Congress, taking place virtually from 19-21 September 2020. The prospective single-arm, open-label, exploratory, international Phase II study investigated the efficacy and safety of increasing the dose frequency of Somatuline® Autogel ® (lanreotide) in patients with pancreatic or midgut NETs with centrally-assessed progression within the last two years while on a standard lanreotide regimen for ≥24 weeks. An extension of progression-free survival (PFS) rates and encouraging disease-control rates (DCR) were recorded in both tumor types, with no new safety signals. “These results support a clinically meaningful benefit to a population of patients with high unmet medical need by potentially delaying escalation to more toxic treatm
Vifor Pharma Group Announces Successful Sale of OM Pharma18.9.2020 08:00:00 EEST | Press release
Regulatory News: Vifor Pharma has today announced the successful sale of 100% of the share capital of OM Pharma, a Vifor Pharma Group company to Optimus Holding Ltd. The terms of the deal include: A purchase consideration of MCHF 435 for 100% of the share capital An earn out related to potential future value gains on 20% of Optimus Holding Ltd. equity to be determined before the end of 2027 upon a trade sale, IPO or EBITDA multiple This earn out together with the purchase consideration could result in a total transaction value exceeding MCHF 500. The deal is expected to close within 30 days. OM Pharma is a Geneva-based company mainly active in the field of microbial derived immunotherapeutics and has developed strongly outside the core strategy of Vifor Pharma over the past few years. Optimus Holding Ltd. is a Swiss Group, founded by Etienne Jornod together with long-standing Swiss entrepreneurs and Abdi Ibrahim (28.5%), a Turkey-based pharmaceutical company operating in 12 countries a
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom