DNA introduces high-quality Anker charging products - Check out DNA’s tips for efficient charging
Without exception, all mobile devices rely on a single thing. They all need to have power, and it must also be possible to charge them anywhere. Increasingly, new telephones support rapid charging, which is why they also deserve chargers worthy of them. DNA has put together tips for the optimal charging of mobile devices at the end of this bulletin. As the first telecom operator in Europe, DNA has introduced the high-quality and safe Anker chargers and cables.
Mobile phones are just one part of the mobile lifestyle. For example, health technology and wearable products, such as smart watches and fitness trackers, are growing strongly. Modern, mobile life requires that all these devices are powered through the day.
Increasingly, today’s telephones and other devices support rapid charging, but the feature is not useful if you use only slow chargers and power banks. Charging is very slow with a charger that is a few years old, up to the point where the phone does not really charge. When the battery does drain during the day, a power bank with measly power output is not a lot of joy.
“The mobile phone pool in Finland is being rapidly upgraded. Consumers should understand that those old chargers and power banks at home do not support rapid charging, and this great feature of a new phone remains entirely unused,” explains Sami Aavikko, CEO of DNA Store.
“Charging technology has advanced rapidly in recent times. With the correct choices, the user can stop worrying about how to charge their device. With the personal mobile infrastructure consisting of efficient chargers, there is no need to abandon the phone and other mobile devices by the mains socket for charging.”
Aavikko also points out that safety is an issue worth paying attention.
“A worn charger cable or an unreliable pirate charger are no good news, and unreliable charging is definitely not the only cause for worry with them. From time to time, I read news about dangers caused by poor-quality chargers. We want to keep Finns out of these headlines,” Aavikko emphasises.
Fast delivery straight from Finland and 18-month warranty
As the first telecom carrier in Europe, DNA has started co-operation with the renowned charging brand Anker.
“Anker’s investment in the high quality and safety features of products is precious to us. The brand is widely recommend without hesitation because of the product quality, and we are very pleased now that we can offer Anker’s leading charging solutions comprehensively in our sales channels. Anker’s products further strengthen DNA’s range of supplies and accessories,” Aavikko concludes.
Anker’s patented MultiProtect feature combines eleven different safety and protection technologies, preventing overheating, power spikes, overcharging and excess discharging, among other things. MultiProtect ensures full safety for all devices charged and, most importantly, for their users.
"To be able to bring the fastest charging products to Finland is a huge milestone for ANKER,” said Steven Yang, CEO of Anker Innovations. “With our products available through DNA stores, it’ll be more convenient for consumers to find the ANKER cables, chargers, and batteries they need from a premium local retailer.”
DNA’s online store has a broad assortment of Anker’s chargers, cables, power banks and speakers. All DNA Store outlets carry Anker’s fast wall charger that supports the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology and a 10050 mAh power bank with Quick Charge 3.0 support in both output and input, as well as a Qi certified wireless charging pad. The product selection in the DNA Store outlets will expand later this year. The devices come with a warranty of 18 months.
Read on to hear DNA’s tips for efficient charging
Sami Aavikko, CEO, DNA Store Ltd, tel. +358 44 044 3069, firstname.lastname@example.org
Henri Ström, Product Manager, Motoral Oy, tel +358 40 542 4991, email@example.com
DNA Corporate Communications, tel. +358 44 044 8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know? DNA’s tips for efficient charging
- With a Quick Charge enabled charger – whether a wall charger, car charger or power bank – compatible phones can be charged several times faster than with traditional or older chargers.
- In the case of older chargers, speed issues are not necessarily caused by the charger itself but by the cable. A used cable may be so worn-down that a major portion of the charge is lost on the way. The longer the cable, the greater the problem may be. The build and thickness of cables also affect the charging efficiency, very slim cables resist the current more than thicker cables.
- Most new phones are compatible with Quick Charge, but the feature is useless if the charger is outdated.
Old car chargers
- Old car chargers present the biggest bottleneck to speed, as their charging power may be totally inadequate. At home, phones typically charged for longer periods of time, often overnight, but in cars they are usually hooked up only momentarily. In this case, an efficient and fast car charger is essential in order for a brief instant of charging to have any effect.
- The speed with which a power bank is able to charge a phone is only half the story. The other part is the power bank’s capacity to receive power, in other words how quickly it can charge itself. With Quick Charge supported in the battery and the charger, this can also be achieved fast.
- The power bank’s nominal capacity, or its ability to receive charge, is also essential. Cheaper power banks usually cannot store a full charge – often not even half of the stated amount. The better its battery cells, the more efficient the power bank.
- A high quality lithium-ion battery will last at least 500 charging cycles from empty to full before the batteries start degrading. Cheaper power banks utilize low quality battery cells which degrade more rapidly, leading to significant losses in the actual power bank capacity.
- Are the charger’s benefits lost due to a poor or wrong type of cable? In older chargers, speed issues are not necessarily caused by the charger itself but by the cable. A used cable may be so worn-down that a portion of the charge is lost on the way.
- Long cables are popular as they allow the phone to be used while charging on the sofa or bed or otherwise far away from the wall socket. However, the longer the cable, the more pronounced its charging problems become. With long and low-quality cables, the charger’s benefits may be totally cancelled out.
- Some lower-end cables may even cause the phone to give a warning of an insufficient charging rate.
- Inadequately protected or damaged cables may also cause a fire hazard.
- The durability of the cable and its connectors are important, particularly if the cable is always carried along. The cables are subjected to wear and tear, temperature changes and other strain, all of which increase the loss in charge. Even a strong cable is worth treating with care.
DNA has introduced high-quality chargers, power banks and cables by Anker to its selection. Anker products are designed with close attention to power, durability and safety.
DNA Store (DNA Kauppa) is Finland’s most extensive retailer of mobile phones, other mobile devices and mobile subscriptions, with a chain of over 60 outlets. DNA Store's offering also includes TV and broadband services and the related terminal devices. The chain is part of the DNA Group, whose turnover was EUR 859 million and profit EUR 91 million in 2016. DNA has more than 3.8 million mobile and fixed-line network customer subscriptions. For more information, please visit www.dna.fi, Twitter @DNA_fi and Facebook.
ANKER is the leader in smart charging technologies for the home, car, and on the go. ANKER is a member of Anker Innovations Ltd and was founded in September 2011 with the objective of bringing consumers affordable and high-quality mobile charging solutions, such as portable batteries, USB cables, and mobile phone chargers. Anker has become the leader in the mobile charging with over 20 Million users worldwide. Learn more about Anker at www.anker.com.
DNA Plc is a Finnish telecommunications group providing high-quality voice, data and TV services for communication, entertainment and working. DNA is Finland's largest cable operator and the leading pay TV provider in both cable and terrestrial networks. For DNA, the key area for growth in corporate business is the new way of working, independent of time and place, facilitated by smart terminal devices, diverse communications services and rapid connections. In 2016, DNA recorded net sales of EUR 859 million and an operating profit of EUR 91 million. DNA has more than 3.8 million subscriptions in its fixed and mobile communications networks. The Group also includes DNA Store, Finland's largest retail chain selling mobile phones. DNA shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. For further information, visit www.dna.fi or follow us on Twitter @DNA_fi, @DNA_Business and @DNA_Palvelu and Facebook.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta DNA Oyj
DNA toimittaa Veikkaukselle Suomen suurimman yrityskohtaisen verkon9.1.2019 10:00 | Tiedote
DNA on voittanut kilpailutuksen Veikkauksen peliverkon toimittajasta. Toimipisteiden lukumäärässä mitattuna Veikkauksen tuleva verkko on Suomen suurin yrityskohtainen verkko: laaja ja maan kattava peliverkko kattaa yhteensä lähes 7000 Veikkauksen myyntipaikkaa.
DNA will provide Veikkaus with the largest company-specific network in Finland9.1.2019 10:00 | Tiedote
DNA has won the tender to supply a gaming network for Veikkaus. Measured in terms of the number of business locations, Veikkaus’ new network will be the largest company-specific network in Finland. The nationwide gaming network will cover a total of almost 7000 Veikkaus sales outlets.
DNA:n myydyimmät puhelimet joulukuussa ja koko vuonna 20182.1.2019 08:00 | Tiedote
DNA:n vuoden 2018 myydyin puhelin oli Apple iPhone 7, ja eniten yksittäisiä malleja koko vuoden Top 15 -listalla oli Samsungilla, kaikkiaan viisi. Samsung otti DNA:n joulukuun Top 15 -listalla sekä ensimmäisen että toisen sijan ja jakoi Huawein kanssa valmistajien mallikisan kärkipaikan – molemmat saivat joulukuun listalle peräti neljä puhelinmallia.
DNA avaa 5G-verkon Helsingissä28.12.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
DNA avaa 5G-verkon Helsingissä vuodenvaihteessa. Ensivaiheessa ydinkeskustan alueita kattavaa verkkoa laajennetaan, kun päätelaitteita tulee markkinoille. DNA:lla on parhaillaan menossa myös kiinteän 5G:n eli Fixed Wireless Access -tekniikan käyttöpilotti Vantaalla. Kevään aikana käynnistyy lisäksi muita 5G-palveluiden asiakaspilotteja eri puolilla Suomea.
DNA to launch 5G network in Helsinki28.12.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
DNA will launch a 5G network in Helsinki at the turn of the year. Initially, the network will cover the very centre of the city but it will be expanded once terminal devices enter the market. Currently, DNA is also in the process of piloting the Fixed Wireless Access 5G technology in Vantaa. Other 5G service customer pilot projects will also start around Finland in the spring.
DNA tehostaa tulevaa 5G-verkkoaan Nokian pilvipalvelualustalla20.12.2018 09:00 | Tiedote
DNA jatkaa verkkojensa kehittämistä ja tehostamista 5G-teknologian tulevaisuuden tarpeisiin ja aloittaa Nokian CloudBand Infrastructure Software - ja Nuage Networks -ratkaisuihin pohjautuvan cloud-palvelualustan käyttöönoton. Nokian nyt toimittamilla virtualisointi- ja automatisointiratkaisuilla DNA:n verkkojen automaatioaste, kapasiteetti ja ohjelmoitavuus tulevat kehittymään aivan uudelle tasolle.
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme