GALDERMA Showcases Its Continued Commitment to Innovation in Dermatology With New Data to Be Presented at 2022 EADV Congress
Galderma has announced it will be showcasing its latest scientific updates at the 31st European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) congress in Milan, September 7-10, 2022. These include on-site clinical data presentations, a symposia series and booth activities, all focusing on serving patients by providing options across the Therapeutic Dermatology, Dermo-cosmetics and Injectable Aesthetics categories. As the pure-play dermatology leader, Galderma’s significant presence at EADV reaffirms its commitment to delivering a truly innovative, science-based portfolio of premium cutting-edge brands and services.
The latest science presented by Galderma at EADV reflects the company’s significant investments in research and development with large trials across multiple indications for severe conditions such as prurigo nodularis, atopic dermatitis, acne, rosacea, non-melanoma skin cancer and onychomycosis. For over 40 years, Galderma has solely focused on dermatology and has proven to be one of the few players capable of providing not only best-in-class product solutions but also first-in-class solutions with new innovative modes of action. Today, Galderma is a leading scientific voice in these disease areas and remains committed to delivering further advances for patients with these and other severe skin concerns.
One of the most awaited updates from the company this year will be a focus on IL-31, a neuroimmune cytokine that has been demonstrated to be a central mediator in prurigo nodularis and atopic dermatitis. The cytokine acts as a bridge between the immune and nervous systems and plays a crucial role in igniting and fueling the pathophysiological aspects, including itch and inflammation1,2. Two symposia and eight scientific posters will examine the disease burden, the role of IL-31 in these inflammatory skin conditions and treatments under development.
Another area of focus for Galderma will be on sensitive skin, which affects a major portion of the population with over 70% of women reporting suffering from its effects3. With its strong consumer skin range dedicated to sensitive skin including Cetaphil and the recent acquisition of Alastin Skincare, Galderma understands the need for specifically designed treatments and personalized skincare regimes. At the EADV this year, Galderma, along with key opinion leaders, will be challenging the existing paradigms on sensitive skin and challenging the community on whether it should be considered as a standalone skin condition.
Other skin conditions that drive patients to their dermatologist are acne, rosacea, actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer, conditions that affect a significant cross-section of society. Galderma has been researching these conditions and bringing innovative products to patients and consumers for decades. At EADV, the company will present new data and host scientific meetings and discussions to look at novel patient-centered, holistic approaches in each of these areas to support the identification of the best personalized treatment regimens for each patient.
Galderma’s significant presence at EADV this year reflects its expertise across these common and often severe skin conditions and is testament to its commitment to advancing dermatology for every skin story.
“We look forward to engaging with the dermatology community at the
BALDO SCASSELLATI SFORZOLINI, M.D.
Below is a full list of activities taking place.
Prurigo nodularis and atopic dermatitis
- Thinking differently about atopic dermatitis: It’s time for a new perspective – September 9, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: AMBER 3 and 4). Chaired by Professor Diamant Thaçi (Germany) and featuring Professor Marjolein de Bruin-Weller (Netherlands) and Professor Andreas Wollenberg (Germany)
- Navigating new data in prurigo nodularis: restoring hope for patients – September 10, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Chaired by Professor Sonja Ständer (Germany) and Professor Giampiero Girolomoni (Italy), and featuring Professor Doctor Shawn Kwatra (U.S.) and Professor Doctor Bernhard Homey (Germany)
- Simplifying sensitive skin: can we define it as a standalone skin condition? – September 7, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Chaired by Professor Giovanni Pellacani (Italy) and featuring Professor Adam Friedman (U.S.) and Doctor Krzysztof Piotrowski (Switzerland)
- A novel patient-centered approach for acne management – September 8, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Co-chaired by Professor Alison Layton (UK) and Professor Doctor Jerry Tan (Canada), and featuring Doctor Vincenzo Bettoli (Italy)
- Opportunities for a holistic approach to acne vulgaris management – September 9, 9:15 AM -10:00 AM CEST (Room: HUB 2.05). Featuring Professor Brigitte Dreno (France), Professor Gabriella Fabbrocini and Doctor Magda Belmontesi (Italy)
- Acne update: Recent advances on skin microbiome, strain co-residence of C. acnes and treatment best practices – September 9, 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM CEST (Room: HUB 2.08). Featuring Professor Brigitte Dreno (France) and Professor Tami Lieberman (U.S.)
- Clinical challenges in rosacea: overcoming obstacles on the road to treatment optimization – September 8, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CEST (Room: CORAL 6). Featuring Professor Doctor Giuseppe Micali (Italy), Professor Doctor Martin Schaller (Germany) and Professor Doctor Jerry Tan (Canada)
Actinic keratosis / non-melanoma skin cancer
- An integrated approach for actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer management – September 8, 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM CEST (Room: HUB 2.03). Chaired by Professor Merete Haedersdal (Denmark) and featuring Professor Claas Ulrich (Germany) and Doctor Magda Belmontesi (Italy)
- Beyond the lesion: Expert recommendations for longitudinal, patient-centered actinic keratosis management – September 9, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CEST (Room: AMBER 3 and 4). Co-chaired by Professor Rolf-Markus Szeimies (Germany) and Professor Colin Morton (UK) and featuring Professor Piergiacomo Calzavara-Pinton (Italy)
- Personalizing Actinic Keratosis Treatment (PAKT): Expert recommendations to support patient-centered management of actinic keratosis (oral presentation) – September 10, 10:15 AM CEST (Room: BROWN 2, FC05: Free comms in cutaneous oncology and genetics). Featuring Professor Rolf-Markus Szeimies (Germany)
- Onychomycosis update: Quantified penetration profile of topical amorolfine in infected human nails – September 8, 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM CEST (Room: HUB 2.01). Featuring Professor Martin Schaller (Germany)
A broad range of new scientific data posters has been accepted for EADV this year and can be provided upon request.
Galderma is the pure-play dermatology category leader, present in approximately 90 countries. We deliver an innovative, science-based portfolio of premium flagship brands and services that span the full spectrum of the fast-growing dermatology market through Injectable Aesthetics, Dermo-Cosmetics and Therapeutic Dermatology. Since our foundation in 1981, we have dedicated our focus and passion to the human body’s largest organ – the skin – meeting individual consumer and patient needs with superior outcomes in partnership with healthcare professionals. Because we understand that the skin we’re in shapes our lives, we are advancing dermatology for every skin story. Galderma’s portfolio of flagship brands includes Restylane, Dysport, Azzalure, Alluzience and Sculptra in Injectable Aesthetics; Soolantra, Epiduo, Differin, Aklief, Epsolay, Twyneo, Oracea, Metvix, Benzac and Loceryl in Therapeutic Dermatology; and Cetaphil and Alastin in Dermo-cosmetics. For more information: www.galderma.com.
1.Williams KA, Roh YS, Brown I, et al. Pathophysiology, diagnosis, and pharmacological treatment of prurigo nodularis. Expert Rev Clin Pharmakoi.2021;14(1):67-77. doi:10.1080/17512433.2021.1852080
2. Nemmer JM, Kuchner M, Datsi A, et al. Interleukin-31 signaling bridges the gap between immune cells, the nervous system and epithelial tissues. Front Med (Lausanne). 2021;8: 639097. doi:10.3389/fmed.2021.639097
3. Farage, Miranda A. “The Prevalence of Sensitive Skin.” US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6533878.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
Christian Marcoux, M.Sc.
Chief Communications Officer
+41 76 315 26 50
Global Franchise Communications
+41 76 261 64 41
Global Head of Investor Relations
Corporate Communications Director
+41 79 529 59 85
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
Megaport Adds Cloud and Networking Sales Veteran Jeff Tworek to the Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer29.11.2022 00:00:00 EET | Press release
Megaport (ASX: MP1), a leading global Network as a Service (NaaS) provider, announced today the addition of Jeff Tworek to the executive team as Chief Revenue Officer. Tworek will be responsible for overall revenue generation and will manage all aspects of Megaport’s global sales organisation. Mr Tworek brings more than 30 years of cloud and networking industry experience operating commercial business units within billion-dollar companies, including nearly 20 years at Akamai Technologies, to Megaport. Prior to joining the Company, Mr Tworek held the CRO position at Contrast Security, where he helped the company scale its teams, bring in key leadership, and prepare the company for growth. He brings a wealth of high growth and expansion-related expertise from his time spent at both start-ups and large, established organizations. “We are delighted to welcome Jeff to the team,” said Vincent English, Chief Executive Officer, Megaport. “Jeff’s experience with leading and transforming global
AGCO Agriculture Foundation Donates to UK's Biggest Charity Fighting Hunger and Tackling Food Waste28.11.2022 22:52:00 EET | Press release
The AGCO Agriculture Foundation (AAF), a private foundation with the vision to prevent and relieve hunger through sustainable agricultural development, today announced a USD 300,000 grant to FareShare to ensure surplus food reaches vulnerable communities in the United Kingdom while tackling food waste. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221128005695/en/ AAF grant to FareShare to secure 475 tonnes of surplus food. (Photo: Business Wire) The two-year partnership is expected to help FareShare secure 475 tonnes of surplus food and redistribute more than one million meals. The project will assist in growing the award-winning Surplus with Purpose Fund, which covers the cost for farmers to harvest and divert food that would have otherwise been wasted. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change estimates that food waste contributes between 8 and 10 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, so tackling food waste is
Quantfury Introduces Fractional Trading Mode for Stocks, ETFs and Commodities28.11.2022 21:00:00 EET | Press release
Quantfury Trading Limited (“Quantfury”), a global brokerage firm that delivers commission-free trading and investing at real-time spot prices of global and crypto exchanges, today announced the launch of fractional trading mode with more than 1500+ stocks, ETFs and commodity futures contracts available to trade on the Quantfury platform. Quantfurians can now buy and sell fractional shares of all stocks, ETFs and commodity futures contracts at their real-time US and European exchanges spot prices with zero commissions and borrowing fees, providing improved trading and investment experience. “Quantfury is advancing its unmatched trading and investing conditions further by making it even more affordable to Quantfurians out there,” said Daniel Muvdi, Quantfury’s Head of Markets. “Fractional trading mode opens up more trading opportunities to the Quantfury global audience of more than 400,000 Quantfurians.” Fractional trading mode is available on all Quantfury trading platforms immediately,
The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu28.11.2022 19:06:00 EET | Press release
The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum with the theme “Openness, Trust and Cooperation” kicked off in Chengdu on November 27, 2022, which was attended by more than 300 top experts and scholars, representatives of international organizations, and entrepreneurs, from more than 20 countries and regions, including 7 Nobel laureates and more than 60 academicians home and abroad. Together, they discussed technological innovation and sustainable development in key fields such as basic science, climate change, digital economy, and green innovation, and proposed technological innovation solutions to address the challenges of today. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221128005539/en/ The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu (Photo: Business Wire) The world today is facing many challenges, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, energy security, food security, climate change, poverty, an
Biocytogen Enters into Antibody Agreement with ADC Therapeutics28.11.2022 17:47:00 EET | Press release
Biocytogen Pharmaceuticals (Beijing) Co., Ltd. ("Biocytogen", HKEX: 02315) today announced that it has entered into an evaluation and option agreement with ADC Therapeutics SA. Biocytogen will grant ADC Therapeutics a license to evaluate Biocytogen’s proprietary antibodies against three tumor targets, with an option to license selected antibodies at a later date for global ADC development and commercialization. Biocytogen reserves all global rights for these antibodies beyond ADC development. Biocytogen will receive an upfront payment. For each option exercised, Biocytogen will be entitled to an option-exercise fee, and development and commercial milestone payments, which potentially total tens of millions of US dollars, as well as single-digit royalties on net sales. Under the agreement, Biocytogen will provide ADC Therapeutics with monoclonal and/or biparatopic antibodies directed against three tumor targets, generated through Biocytogen’s Project Integrum (also called RenMiceTM HiTS
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom