Hilton Releases 2020 ESG Report, Reinforcing Commitment to Positive Global Impact
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, which highlights the company’s continued commitment to redefining sustainable travel and driving positive impact on people and the planet. Through Hilton’s Travel with Purpose program, the company continues to take important steps to integrate positive social impact and environmental stewardship throughout its operations, communities and supply chain.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210420005911/en/
Hilton releases 2020 ESG report, reinforcing commitment to positive global impact. (Photo: Business Wire)
“As we weathered this unpredictable year, Hilton has remained focused on our Team Members and the communities we serve around the world,” said Kristin Campbell, general counsel and chief ESG officer, Hilton. “We took a nimble approach during this difficult period to deliver meaningful support, while remaining focused on our bold Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals. Now more than ever, we are committed to our leadership in environmental, social and governance so travelers can enjoy our planet for years to come.”
Hilton’s 2020 ESG Report highlights the company’s environmental and social performance during a tumultuous year. Despite the challenges of 2020, Hilton was proud to receive several significant ESG honors in 2020, including:
- Named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, the most prestigious ranking for corporate responsibility and sustainability performance, for the second consecutive year;
- Recognized just last week as one of the Best Companies to Work For in the U.S. by Great Place to Work and Fortune for the sixth consecutive year, including earning the #1 spot in 2020 and #3 in 2021 – as well as being ranked the #3 World’s Best Workplace and achieving a #1 ranking in seven countries around the world in 2020;
- Ranked #2 on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity list; and
- Named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2020 list, the only global hotel brand recognized.
An Unprecedented Year for Social Impact
The importance of engaging local communities, supporting Team Members, and promoting a culture of inclusion took on new meaning and urgency in 2020. Hilton took action to support its Team Members and its communities:
- Partnered with American Express and hotel owners to donate up to one million hotel room nights for U.S. frontline medical professionals leading the fight against COVID-19 and teamed up with World Central Kitchen to provide meals for many of these heroes staying in Hilton’s hotels.
- Distributed approximately $500,000 to Team Members who contracted the COVID-19 virus to help cover related expenses, including child or elder care.
- Acted quickly to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Team Members around the world by introducing Hilton CleanStay™,an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection in collaboration with Reckitt, maker of Lysol and Dettol.
- Awarded 23 grants through the Hilton Effect Foundation to support organizations helping vulnerable communities recover from COVID-19. In total, the Foundation invested more than $1 million in COVID-19 community response during 2020.
- Remained committed to doubling the company’s social impact by 2030. Despite the challenges the hospitality industry faced in 2020, Hilton realized many achievements including contributing 185,000 volunteer hours and creating new ways for Team Members to volunteer virtually. Hilton also continued to drive inclusive growth through the company’s award-winning Supplier Diversity Program.
- Focused on building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace for its Team Members and guests. Hilton received a rating of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality index for the seventh year in a row and is committed to achieving global gender parity and 25% U.S. ethnic representation at corporate leadership levels by the end of 2027.
- Partnered with the NAACP’s Empowerment Program to advance equal rights and awarded grants to nonprofits that are at the front lines of the fight for racial justice, including the NAACP and National Urban League.
- Launched an internal Courageous Conversation virtual learning series that tackled critical topics including systemic racism, privilege, allyship and women leaving the workplace.
- Set new industry standards by contributing to the World Travel & Tourism Council’s (WTTC’s) new high-level guidelines for diversity and inclusion in the travel and tourism sector.
Continued Focus on Sustainability
Hilton operates in some of the most beautiful destinations around the world and recognizes its critical responsibility to protect the planet so that it remains healthy and vibrant for future generations. This year, Hilton achieved the following:
- Remained fully committed to halving its environmental impact and took immediate action to train hotel teams to adopt techniques to conserve resources in times of low occupancy.
- Took steps to increase sourcing of renewable energy at hotels around the world, in line with the company’s science-based targets. In 2020, the majority of Hilton managed hotels in the U.K. began procuring 100 percent renewable electricity.
- Undertook a thorough ESG materiality assessment to ensure the company’s Travel with Purpose programs remained aligned with the issues that matter most to Hilton’s business and stakeholders.
- Continued to enhance Hilton’s award-winning LightStay program, which all of Hilton’s 6,400+ hotels use to measure and manage their environmental and social impact.
- Established waste reduction standards for the Hilton EventReady with CleanStay meetings and events program.
- Collaborated with its hotel ownership community to continue to identify innovative and meaningful ways to adapt to the changing needs of its guests, Team Members and communities.
Hilton’s 2020 ESG Report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and integrates the recommendations of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). In addition to the ESG Report and website, Hilton externally reports on its Travel with Purpose strategy, programs and progress towards its 2030 Goals in the company’s Form 10-K, Annual Report and Proxy Statement. For more information about Hilton’s ESG efforts, visit cr.hilton.com.
* Unless otherwise indicated, all hotel data reflects Hilton’s 2020 annual report announcement (April 9). More information can be found on Hilton’s Investor Relations website.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,400 properties and more than one million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 112 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Travel with Purpose
Travel with Purpose is Hilton’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy to redefine and advance sustainable travel globally. By 2030, we plan to double our investment in social impact and cut our environmental footprint by half. We track, analyze and report our environmental and social impact at each of Hilton’s more than 6,400 hotels through LightStay, our award-winning performance management system. Travel with Purpose capitalizes on Hilton’s global scale to catalyze local economic growth; respect human rights; invest in people and local communities; and preserve our planet by reducing our impact on natural resources. Our strategy aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Visit cr.hilton.com to learn more.
About Hilton Effect Foundation
The Hilton Effect Foundation is Hilton’s primary international philanthropic arm. The Foundation is a nonprofit established in the U.S. and is a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization. The Foundation awards grants, in alignment with Hilton’s Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals, that have a positive impact on travel destinations around the world. Foundation grants are awarded throughout the year in accordance with tax and legal requirements. Visit HiltonEffect.org for more information.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
+1 703 883 6065
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
The Council of the Hong Kong Laureate Forum Announced Deferment of Its Inaugural Hong Kong Laureate Forum to November 202218.5.2021 11:01:00 EEST | Press release
Given the prevailing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, the progress of global and local vaccinations, as well as the global position on safe travel, the Board of the Council of the Hong Kong Laureate Forum Limited (the HKLF) has decided after careful consideration that the inaugural Hong Kong Laureate Forum (the Forum), originally scheduled to be held on 15-20 November 2021, would be deferred for one year to November 2022. Importance of going face-to-face The Board of the HKLF came to the view that the Forum should ideally be conducted in face-to-face mode given that the main aim of the Forum is to inspire young scientists by providing a platform of direct exchange amongst participating Shaw Laureates and young scientists. However, with the current situation of the pandemic, it is uncertain that safe and unrestricted international travel could be resumed in time for in-person meeting. Professor Timothy W. TONG, BBS, JP, Chairman of the HKLF, is confident about delivering a successful
Virtuozzo Reveals New Hybrid Cloud Solution, Designed Specifically for Managed and Cloud Service Providers18.5.2021 11:00:00 EEST | Press release
Virtuozzo, a global leader in high-efficiency virtualization and hyperconverged software solutions, has announced the availability of its newest product, Virtuozzo Hybrid Cloud. The solution enables Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and Cloud Service Providers (CSP) to design, build and sell modern cloud services to customers quickly and more cost-effectively than traditional hyperscalers. The cloud infrastructure market continues to experience strong growth as businesses become increasingly more dependent on cloud-based resources. This evolution presents an opportunity for service providers to carve out an alternative to the often complex and expensive traditional cloud providers. According to Liam Eagle, Research Director, 451 Research, a part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, “As the breadth of organizations seeking cloud solutions continues to grow, a gap in the skills necessary to navigate the complexities of the most advanced cloud platforms is a common limitation. This presents
CSC Expands Its Funds Services Footprint with New Irish Depositary License18.5.2021 11:00:00 EEST | Press release
CSC, the world’s leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services, has secured a specialised depositary license from the Central Bank of Ireland. On the heels of obtaining CSC’s Irish fund administration license last year, the depositary license further enhances the company’s capabilities in Ireland and advances CSC’s long-term strategy of providing a comprehensive suite of multijurisdictional alternative investment, capital markets, and corporate solutions in key global financial centers. “We’re delighted to be among the first companies to receive authorization to act as a depositary of assets other than financial instruments in Ireland,” said Paul Whelan, managing director of depositary services for CSC Global Financial Markets in Dublin. “I’d like to thank the Central Bank of Ireland for engaging with us throughout the process. This license allows us to provide our clients with additional services while delivering the high level of support and expertise they expe
GLEAMER Publishes in the Prestigious Journal 'Radiology' The Compelling Results of a Clinical Study (AI in Radiology)18.5.2021 11:00:00 EEST | Press release
GLEAMER, a French med-tech company that develops AI-based diagnostic aids for radiology, announces that the results of a clinical study evaluating the performance of BoneView®, its AI solution for fracture detection on radiographs, have been published in the prestigious journal "Radiology". "To our knowledge, this is the first study that evaluates the performance of AI-assisted reading for radiographic fracture detection over the entire appendicular skeleton and on multicenter data," says Dr. Loïc Duron, radiologist at the Adolphe de Rothschild Foundation Hospital (Paris), and first author of the study. “With this publication, the international scientific community validates the quality and robustness of the results generated, in a context where several solutions are marketed without published objective results," added Prof. Antoine Feydy, MSK radiologist at Cochin Hospital (Paris). 600 adult patients in whom radiographs were obtained after a recent trauma, at 17 imaging centers, were
REPLY: New Research Entitled “E-commerce Trends: Mobility and Car Sales” Looks at the Current Perception of the Concept of Mobility and Analyses the Latest Technological Trends18.5.2021 10:30:00 EEST | Press release
Through its proprietary Trend Sonar trend monitoring platform, Reply recently conducted a study to examine how the e-commerce model has evolved over time – particularly in the automotive domain – revolutionising the sector and consequently influencing customer expectations. A digital approach and a strong online presence have become indispensable in the automotive sector, especially since last year when the global pandemic placed the digital realm in a preferential lane, rewarding businesses that have been able to change their business model quickly in favour of digitisation. Over the past year (more specifically from April 2020 to March 2021), analysing the frequency of mentions of millions of online sources – expert media articles, mass media, patents and scientific publications – Reply’s Trend Sonar monitoring platform has, indeed, confirmed a 61% growth in content related to automotive e-commerce compared to the previous 12 months. An evolution that starts from afar. The automotive
Latest Cloud Survey From Denodo Reveals Advanced Workloads Moving to the Cloud While Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Management Skills Are in High Demand18.5.2021 10:00:00 EEST | Press release
Data virtualization leader Denodo’s fourth annual cloud usage survey finds organizations are accelerating their cloud journey to take advantage of its flexibility, control costs, speed time-to-market, and simplify data management. According to survey respondents, which included 150 global business and IT professionals from various industry sectors, hybrid-cloud deployment remains the dominant choice, as more than a third of these organizations (35 percent) use this model. Private cloud has shown some vibrant usage, accounting for almost a quarter of all workloads (24 percent), followed by public cloud, which remained almost flat at 16 percent. Multi-cloud remains a popular choice for almost one in ten organizations (9 percent) who opt to procure best of breed applications, data repositories, and infrastructure orchestration technologies among different cloud service providers to avoid a single vendor lock-in. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://w
Celltrion Confirms Neutralising Potency Against Emerging SARS-CoV-2 Variants With Anti-COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Treatment regdanvimab (CT-P59)18.5.2021 09:39:00 EEST | Press release
Celltrion Group today announced that CT-P59, an anti-COVID-19 monoclonal antibody treatment candidate, has confirmed neutralising potency against emerging variants first identified in New York (B.1.526), Nigeria (B.1.525) and India (B.1.617).1 The Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA) has assessed the test by combining the antibody with recent emerging variants first identified in New York (B.1.526), Nigeria (B.1.525) and Brazil (P.1); infecting the host cell with this combination to identify neutralising effect against the variants with CT-P59. The monoclonal antibody candidate CT-P59 demonstrated strong neutralising capability against the New York (B.1.526) and Nigeria (B.1.525) variants and produced neutralising titers against the Indian variant (B.1.617) in an in-vitro pseudo virus assay.1 The company plans to study neutralising titers against additional emerging strains, including the Brazil variant (P.1)2, in order to proactively address the pandemic as the virus con
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom