New appointments into the EMD board of directors
- Jaap van Vreden, Sourcing and Procurement Director at Russian Retailer Lenta appointed new Board member
- Axfood Manager Johan Neuman elected new Vice-Chairman
- Maniele Tasca, President of ESD Italia continues as Chairman
Pfäffikon/Switzerland. European Marketing Distribution AG (EMD) announces several changes to positions within its Board of Directors: during the shareholders' general meeting in Stockholm, the Swedish Axfood Manager Johan Neuman was elected vice-chairman. Neuman took the office over from Franz-Friedrich Müller from Markant AG, who retired after many years of actively supporting and guiding EMD as vice-president. Müller will remain member of the EMD management board.
The management body also welcomed a new member: Jaap van Vreden (Dutch national, age 57). Van Vreden has extensive experience in buying, marketing, category management and merchandising and serves as Sourcing and Procurement Director at Lenta, the Nr 1 hypermarket chain in Russia.
Maniele Tasca will continue to be President of the EMD Board of Directors. Tasca: “We extend to Jaap van Vreden a very warm welcome and we look forward to a fruitful cooperation. Jaap has played a leading role in building up the internationally acknowledged purchasing divisions of Lenta and will strengthen our Board of Directors with immediate effect.”
The EMD Board of Directors comprises now the following members and functions:
- President: Maniele Tasca, (ESD Italia)
- Vice-president: Johan Neuman (Axfood)
- Franz Friedrich Müller (Markant AG)
- Jaime Rodríguez (Euromadi Iberica)
- Dick Roozen (Superunie)
- Jaap van Vreden (Lenta).
European Marketing Distribution AG, with headquarters in Pfäffikon, Switzerland, has been acknowledged since 1989 as an efficient and high-performing partner for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) by the consumer goods industries. The leading associated group operates now together with its member companies in 20 countries in Europe, Oceania and Asia.
The member companies of European Marketing Distribution (EMD) are active in the following markets:
Italy: ESD Italia
South Korea: Homeplus
Czech Republic: Markant
New Zealand: Countdown (Woolworths)
Picture is available at AP Images (http://www.apimages.com)
For further information, please contact:
Rosmanith & Rosmanith
The Art of Communication
Unter den Eichen 7
Phone: + 49/611/716 547 920
About EMD - European Marketing Distribution
Subscribe to releases from EMD - European Marketing Distribution
Subscribe to all the latest releases from EMD - European Marketing Distribution by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from EMD - European Marketing Distribution
Johan Neuman new EMD President24.6.2021 12:00:00 EEST | Press release
· Swede elected new Board President of leading retail alliance · Neuman, with years of broad retail experience from Dagab and the Axfood group, is a private label specialist highly reputed in the industry · Dmitry Bogod from Lenta elected new Board member
South Korea’s Homeplus joins EMD25.1.2019 15:31:37 EET | Press release
- Cooperation will start in the private label business - Global supply chains offer increased opportunities for growth to the distributors and industrial partners involved - retail customers benefit from a larger assortment variety Pfäffikon, Switzerland: The European Marketing Distribution AG (EMD) welcomes a new partner: Homeplus Co. Ltd, Korea’s second largest retailer, is from now on closely cooperating in the sourcing of private label products with the leading European associated group. The agreement signed on Wednesday 23 January in Zürich by Homeplus’ CEO Lim Il-Soon provides also for the option of cooperation in other areas of intercontinental cooperation. - Cross reference: Picture is available at AP Images (http://www.apimages.com) - Homeplus, founded in 1997, is the second largest company in the South Korean retailer market with a turnover of 9.7 billion US dollars (2017). The Homeplus Group owned by the Asian private equity firm MBK Partners operates currently 752 retail ou
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom