Prominent Coalition of World Class International and Danish Law Firms and ISAF Management Company Proceed with Investor Lawsuit against Danske Bank
International Securities Associations and Foundations Management Company (“ISAF”) announces the formation of an international coalition of leading American, German and Dutch law firms and the appointment of the preeminent Danish law firm, Németh Sigetty, to proceed with a lawsuit against Danske Bank A/S (“Danske” or the “Bank”) to pursue compensation for damaged investors after revelations of money laundering, financial mismanagement and deficient regulatory disclosures.
The lawsuit will be filed in Copenhagen, Denmark on behalf of investors who suffered investment losses in Danske’s share price after various disclosures related to an estimated EUR €200 billion money transfer scheme involving non-resident Eastern European and Russian customers in the Bank’s Estonian Branch. Information about critical lapses in Danske’s ‘know your customer’ and anti-money laundering internal enforcement policies, and its failure to act upon both internal and external warnings of non-compliance, caused a more than a 40% decline in Danske’s stock price resulting in losses for investors measured in tens of billions of Danish kroner (billions of US dollars).
Some of the world’s leading law firms, including the US-based law firm Pomerantz LLP, that recently secured a USD $3 billion investor settlement from Petrobras in the US; the US-based law firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP that has litigated and resolved some of the most important complex civil and securities litigations in recent history, including the recent USD $15 billion civil settlement with Volkswagen on behalf of American diesel vehicle owners and lessees; the German law firm, TILP Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, the lead counsel in the Euro €10 billion collective international investor claim action against Volkswagen in Germany; and the Dutch law firm, Lemstra Van der Korst N.V., that represents a foundation for damaged investors in Petrobras having billions of US dollars and euros in losses in Petrobras, as well as similar foundations for Libor rate rigging and other matters. The coalition is working together with Danish law firm Németh Sigetty to bring justice to investors who lost as much as USD $15 billion, as a result of revelations of Danske’s money laundering scheme, financial mismanagement and deficient regulatory disclosures.
ISAF is an investor protection interest company. ISAF provides administration and organizes the collection of client trading data, investor loss calculations and certification, investor related litigation documentation and full funding for the group litigation.
In terms of Collective Investor Actions, Denmark is an opt-in jurisdiction. The process to recover losses requires damaged investors to proactively join an organized litigation “Group” which will aggregate each investor’s loss into a collective loss in a single claim and action before the Danish Court. Németh Sigetty will file this Group litigation on behalf of the eligible investors organized via the ISAF coalition in the coming months. Group litigation, such as the litigation against Danske Bank, is a costly proposition in Denmark.
The investors joining the ISAF coalition litigation in Denmark do not have to pay any upfront or running costs during this litigation, including: any legal fees, court fees, potential counter-party legal cost risk guarantees, claims analysis costs or administration costs. If the litigation results in a financial settlement or judgment for damaged investors, the ISAF coalition will only collect a percentage-based success fee at the very end of the process.
Investors who own or have owned shares of Danske Bank on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange (Nasdaq Copenhagen) between 2007-2018 and suffered losses after the revelations in 2017 and 2018 of the critical deficiencies in Danske Bank’s anti-money laundering protocols and procedures are eligible to pursue compensation via this ISAF-sponsored Group litigation in Denmark.
The coalition includes:
- Németh Sigetty – The lawyers at Németh Sigetty have a well-deserved reputation for handling major, complex, and high-stakes disputes against both private party litigants and government authorities and have vast experience with investor group litigations in Denmark. Németh Sigetty has had a yearlong cooperation with the Danish Shareholders’ Association and has represented damaged investors in the Amagerbanken and Pandora litigations.
- Pomerantz LLP – An American law firm founded over 80 years ago that specializes in securities litigation and has served as lead counsel in many major cases, including as lead counsel in the Petrobras securities fraud class action in the U.S. which resulted in a USD $3 billion settlement, one of the largest shareholder settlements in US history.
- Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP – American law firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP has litigated and resolved some of the most important complex civil and securities litigations in recent history, including the recent $15 billion civil settlement with Volkswagen on behalf of American diesel vehicle owners and lessees.
- TILP Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH – The leading collective action law firm in Germany, pursuing compensation for investment losses in securities fraud cases in Germany and throughout Europe. TILP has been appointed as the law firm to represent the model plaintiff in the highly publicized Volkswagen “Dieselgate” KapMuG collective litigation proceeding in Braunschweig, Germany. TILP Litigation is litigating the Volkswagen case on behalf of international investors with damages claims in excess of EUR €9.5 billion.
- Lemstra Van der Korst - A leading law firm in the Netherlands with vast experience representing international investors in Dutch collective litigation and global settlements law (WCAM). Lemstra has recently secured a critical jurisdiction ruling in the highly publicized group litigation in the Netherlands on behalf of damaged Petrobras investors. Lemstra Van der Korst has represented damaged international shareholders in global settlements, including the Converium and Royal Dutch Shell WCAM settlements.
Administrators, Funders, Service Providers and Consultants:
- ISAF Management - ISAF Management Company and ISAF for Damaged Danske Investors, LLC provides international litigation research and organization focused on institutional investor objectives. ISAF interacts with investors, law firms, service providers and undertakes administrative tasks, including the collection of client trading data, loss calculations, loss certification, and most aspects of investor related litigation documentation. In addition, ISAF provides investors with transparent, cost effective contingency financing of all litigation costs.
- Battea Class Action Services – Battea Class Action Services, LLC, an international leader and expert in the class action securities processing and claims filing space, has been retained to securely collect, store and process client data and validate each investor’s loss calculations, to be included in the collective Group loss claims.
- U.S. Market Advisors Law Group PLLC – An American law firm that provides professional services to leading national and global law firms in matters involving financial markets trading, economic modeling, market structure understanding, research and transaction analysis.
Eligible investors who wish to participate in the Group litigation referenced above must proactively join the ISAF litigation Group prior to the filing of the complaint with the Danish Court. The writ of summons will be filed in the first quarter of 2019. Investors who experienced losses must contact ISAF so that eligibility can be verified and claims can be properly registered with the Court.
LEGAL AND RELATED MEDIA INQUIRIES:
Ole Sigetty +4533133344
INVESTOR AND RELATED MEDIA INQUIRIES:
ISAF Management Company
Adam Foulke, +1-203-252-3378
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
AURAK Gains SACSCOC Accreditation15.12.2018 13:49 | Tiedote
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) officially announced the accreditation of the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) at its 2018 Annual Meeting which was held in New Orleans, Louisiana, in the United States of America. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181215005017/en/ AURAK delegation during the SACSCOC conference in New Orleans” (Photo: AETOSWire) SACSCOC, the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern United States, has a membership of more than 800 institutions in the Southern states and other international sites approved by SACSCOC that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and/or doctoral degrees. SACSCOC also awards accreditation to other international institutions of higher education that satisfy all its requirements and demonstrate compliance with its accreditation standards. AURAK now
Lehman Brothers Treasury Announces Plans for Partial Wind-Down14.12.2018 20:41 | Tiedote
Lehman Brothers Treasury Co. B.V. in liquidation (“LBT”) today, through its U.S. counsel Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP, announced that LBT is planning a final cash distribution to its creditors. Professional holders of eligible notes will have the option to retain their investment by electing to receive substitute notes of one (or a few) series. Such election shall take place through a solicitation process. As a consequence, LBT will be able to reduce the number of series of notes outstanding from more than 3,700 to one or a few. Noteholders electing to receive substitute notes will be afforded the same economic entitlement to distributions received by LBT from Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (“LBHI”) through the substitute notes. The substitute notes will be denominated in U.S. dollars and future distributions will be made in U.S. dollars only. Noteholders who are not professional investors, or hold notes that are not eligible for substitution, or do not elect to receive substitut
Takeda Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for ADCETRIS® (brentuximab vedotin) for the Treatment of Adult Patients with Previously Untreated CD30+ Stage IV Hodgkin Lymphoma in Combination with AVD14.12.2018 20:00 | Tiedote
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE: 4502) today announced that the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) adopted a positive opinion for the extension of the marketing authorization of ADCETRIS (brentuximab vedotin) and recommended its approval in combination with AVD in adult patients with previously untreated CD30+ Stage IV Hodgkin lymphoma. ADCETRIS is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) directed at CD30, a defining marker of Hodgkin lymphoma. ADCETRIS is currently not approved as a therapy for previously untreated Hodgkin lymphoma in Europe. “For a large number of previously untreated Hodgkin lymphoma patients diagnosed with Stage IV disease, progression will occur with current treatments, highlighting a true unmet need in this population,” said Anna Sureda, M.D., Ph.D., Head of the Hematology Department and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Programme, Institut Català d'Oncologia - Hospital Duran i Reynals. “In the ECHELON-1 cl
Diamond CBD, POTN Subsidiary, Enters the $46 Billion Coffee Market With the Release of Premium Line of CBD-Infused Coffee & Tea K-Kup Capsules14.12.2018 18:42 | Tiedote
Diamond CBD Inc., wholly owned subsidiary of PotNetwork Holdings, Inc. (OTC Pink: POTN), a leader in hemp extraction and innovative CBD products for the wellness market, enters the Coffee segment, an industry expected to reach revenues of $46 Billion in 2018. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181214005308/en/ Experience a cup of Chill (Photo: Business Wire) Produced in accordance with a universal K-Cup design, these pods fit in almost all modern single cup coffee makers, making it an easily integrated enhancement to any environment, delivering 25mgs of CBD in a tasty favorite beverage at less than $5 per cup. This new line of premium Chill Coffee Capsules was recently added to the Company’s broad range of cannabinoid and natural hemp products. Each box comes with 4 individual capsules in original chill coffee, decaf chill coffee, chill black tea, and chill green tea flavors. The unit price for each box is $10.00
Henley & Partners Enlarges Executive Committee to Manage Expansion and Growth14.12.2018 17:00 | Tiedote
Residence- and citizenship-by-investment programs have firmly established themselves over the past few years as the new frontier in terms of freedom, flexibility, and future-readiness, both for the countries issuing these programs and for the individual investors participating in them. The societal and economic value these programs generate is undisputed. The investment migration industry as a whole is currently grossing roughly USD 18 billion per year, with an expectation that it will hit the USD 20 billion mark very soon. Foreign direct investment (FDI) is now considered the lifeblood of economic growth for many developing and recovering smaller countries around the world. As such, the number of investment migration programs has been increasing rapidly, from just a handful of programs in the 1980s and 1990s to over 100 countries that now have investment migration provisions in their laws. There are more than 60 active programs today, with Moldova and Montenegro — both fast-growing Eu
Vargatef® plus docetaxel could be an option after failure of immunotherapy in lung cancer14.12.2018 12:07 | Tiedote
Boehringer Ingelheim announced today the first interim results of VARGADO, an ongoing non-interventional study in routine clinical practice in Germany evaluating the efficacy and safety of Vargatef® (nintedanib) and docetaxel in patients with stage III/IV locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) of adenocarcinoma histology. The study consists of three cohorts, two of which allow for prior treatment with immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) either in combination with chemotherapy in the first-line or as monotherapy in the second-line of treatment. The interim results from Cohort B (first-line chemotherapy, second-line immune checkpoint inhibitors, third-line Vargatef® plus docetaxel) were presented today at ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress 2018 in Geneva.1 Despite a limited sample size, the VARGADO study adds to the body of evidence for nintedanib in lung adenocarcinoma following pre-treatment with chemotherapy and ICIs.1,3 The addition of nintedanib to docetaxel ha
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme