Prominent Coalition of World Class International and Danish Law Firms and ISAF Management Company Proceed with Investor Lawsuit against Danske Bank
International Securities Associations and Foundations Management Company (“ISAF”) announces the formation of an international coalition of leading American, German and Dutch law firms and the appointment of the preeminent Danish law firm, Németh Sigetty, to proceed with a lawsuit against Danske Bank A/S (“Danske” or the “Bank”) to pursue compensation for damaged investors after revelations of money laundering, financial mismanagement and deficient regulatory disclosures.
The lawsuit will be filed in Copenhagen, Denmark on behalf of investors who suffered investment losses in Danske’s share price after various disclosures related to an estimated EUR €200 billion money transfer scheme involving non-resident Eastern European and Russian customers in the Bank’s Estonian Branch. Information about critical lapses in Danske’s ‘know your customer’ and anti-money laundering internal enforcement policies, and its failure to act upon both internal and external warnings of non-compliance, caused a more than a 40% decline in Danske’s stock price resulting in losses for investors measured in tens of billions of Danish kroner (billions of US dollars).
Some of the world’s leading law firms, including the US-based law firm Pomerantz LLP, that recently secured a USD $3 billion investor settlement from Petrobras in the US; the US-based law firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP that has litigated and resolved some of the most important complex civil and securities litigations in recent history, including the recent USD $15 billion civil settlement with Volkswagen on behalf of American diesel vehicle owners and lessees; the German law firm, TILP Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, the lead counsel in the Euro €10 billion collective international investor claim action against Volkswagen in Germany; and the Dutch law firm, Lemstra Van der Korst N.V., that represents a foundation for damaged investors in Petrobras having billions of US dollars and euros in losses in Petrobras, as well as similar foundations for Libor rate rigging and other matters. The coalition is working together with Danish law firm Németh Sigetty to bring justice to investors who lost as much as USD $15 billion, as a result of revelations of Danske’s money laundering scheme, financial mismanagement and deficient regulatory disclosures.
ISAF is an investor protection interest company. ISAF provides administration and organizes the collection of client trading data, investor loss calculations and certification, investor related litigation documentation and full funding for the group litigation.
In terms of Collective Investor Actions, Denmark is an opt-in jurisdiction. The process to recover losses requires damaged investors to proactively join an organized litigation “Group” which will aggregate each investor’s loss into a collective loss in a single claim and action before the Danish Court. Németh Sigetty will file this Group litigation on behalf of the eligible investors organized via the ISAF coalition in the coming months. Group litigation, such as the litigation against Danske Bank, is a costly proposition in Denmark.
The investors joining the ISAF coalition litigation in Denmark do not have to pay any upfront or running costs during this litigation, including: any legal fees, court fees, potential counter-party legal cost risk guarantees, claims analysis costs or administration costs. If the litigation results in a financial settlement or judgment for damaged investors, the ISAF coalition will only collect a percentage-based success fee at the very end of the process.
Investors who own or have owned shares of Danske Bank on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange (Nasdaq Copenhagen) between 2007-2018 and suffered losses after the revelations in 2017 and 2018 of the critical deficiencies in Danske Bank’s anti-money laundering protocols and procedures are eligible to pursue compensation via this ISAF-sponsored Group litigation in Denmark.
The coalition includes:
- Németh Sigetty – The lawyers at Németh Sigetty have a well-deserved reputation for handling major, complex, and high-stakes disputes against both private party litigants and government authorities and have vast experience with investor group litigations in Denmark. Németh Sigetty has had a yearlong cooperation with the Danish Shareholders’ Association and has represented damaged investors in the Amagerbanken and Pandora litigations.
- Pomerantz LLP – An American law firm founded over 80 years ago that specializes in securities litigation and has served as lead counsel in many major cases, including as lead counsel in the Petrobras securities fraud class action in the U.S. which resulted in a USD $3 billion settlement, one of the largest shareholder settlements in US history.
- Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP – American law firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP has litigated and resolved some of the most important complex civil and securities litigations in recent history, including the recent $15 billion civil settlement with Volkswagen on behalf of American diesel vehicle owners and lessees.
- TILP Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH – The leading collective action law firm in Germany, pursuing compensation for investment losses in securities fraud cases in Germany and throughout Europe. TILP has been appointed as the law firm to represent the model plaintiff in the highly publicized Volkswagen “Dieselgate” KapMuG collective litigation proceeding in Braunschweig, Germany. TILP Litigation is litigating the Volkswagen case on behalf of international investors with damages claims in excess of EUR €9.5 billion.
- Lemstra Van der Korst - A leading law firm in the Netherlands with vast experience representing international investors in Dutch collective litigation and global settlements law (WCAM). Lemstra has recently secured a critical jurisdiction ruling in the highly publicized group litigation in the Netherlands on behalf of damaged Petrobras investors. Lemstra Van der Korst has represented damaged international shareholders in global settlements, including the Converium and Royal Dutch Shell WCAM settlements.
Administrators, Funders, Service Providers and Consultants:
- ISAF Management - ISAF Management Company and ISAF for Damaged Danske Investors, LLC provides international litigation research and organization focused on institutional investor objectives. ISAF interacts with investors, law firms, service providers and undertakes administrative tasks, including the collection of client trading data, loss calculations, loss certification, and most aspects of investor related litigation documentation. In addition, ISAF provides investors with transparent, cost effective contingency financing of all litigation costs.
- Battea Class Action Services – Battea Class Action Services, LLC, an international leader and expert in the class action securities processing and claims filing space, has been retained to securely collect, store and process client data and validate each investor’s loss calculations, to be included in the collective Group loss claims.
- U.S. Market Advisors Law Group PLLC – An American law firm that provides professional services to leading national and global law firms in matters involving financial markets trading, economic modeling, market structure understanding, research and transaction analysis.
Eligible investors who wish to participate in the Group litigation referenced above must proactively join the ISAF litigation Group prior to the filing of the complaint with the Danish Court. The writ of summons will be filed in the first quarter of 2019. Investors who experienced losses must contact ISAF so that eligibility can be verified and claims can be properly registered with the Court.
LEGAL AND RELATED MEDIA INQUIRIES:
Ole Sigetty +4533133344
INVESTOR AND RELATED MEDIA INQUIRIES:
ISAF Management Company
Adam Foulke, +1-203-252-3378
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Pioneering Project for Pharmaceutics – Vifor Pharma and the University of Basel are Jointly Establishing the World’s First Research Professorship for Nanopharmaceutical and Regulatory Science26.5.2019 10:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
Nanopharmaceutics promises ground-breaking innovation in the development of medicines: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190526005014/en/ The Vifor Pharma Group is endowing two professorships for Nanopharmaceutical and Regulatory Science at the University of Basel The commitment by Vifor Pharma and the University of Basel is aimed at ensuring Switzerland has the specialist knowledge and equipment needed to compete globally in this important emerging area of life sciences With this decision, Vifor Pharma is demonstrating its commitment to Switzerland as a world-leading location for pharmaceutical research and development Nanomedicines are playing an increasingly important role in the development of innovative new medications. These drugs are able to overcome specific cellular barriers in the human body with a view to targeting their effect even more precisely. Nanopharmacy therefore promises to help advance medic
XINHUANET: Promotion Event of The Most Beautiful Shooting Location in China Held During Cannes Film Festival25.5.2019 21:20:00 EEST | Tiedote
On May 16 (local time), an event was held at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival to recommend China’s most beautiful shooting locations on the theme of “Fascinating China.” This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190525005008/en/ The representative from Cannes Convention Bureau (1st L), Michel Chevillon (C), vice president of the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce and Industry and head of hotel association, and Adeline CHAUVEAU (3rd R), officer in charge of film and television projects from French Embassy to China, pose for a group photo with the representatives from the cities awarded for "The most beautiful shooting location in China." (Photo: Business Wire) In the event, the Yellow Sea National Forest Park in Dongtai, Jiangsu Province, the One Hundred Mile Azalea Forest in Bijie, Guizhou Province, Siming District of Xiamen, Fujian Province, and the Li Autonomous County in Lingshui, Hainan Province were on the list. The p
Knopp Biosciences Presents Positive Preclinical Data for Lead Neonatal Epilepsy Drug Candidate at 2019 Antiepileptic Drug and Device Trials XV Conference24.5.2019 17:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
Knopp Biosciences LLC, a privately held drug discovery and development company focused on delivering breakthrough treatments for inflammatory and neurological diseases of high unmet need, today presented in vitro and in vivo data for the company’s lead molecule for the targeted treatment of KCNQ2-neonatal epileptic encephalopathy (KCNQ2-NEE) at the Antiepileptic Drug and Device Trials XV Conference in Miami, Florida. KCNQ2-NEE, a rare infant genetic epilepsy, results from mutations in genes encoding the Kv7.2/Kv7.3 ion channel, leading to frequent seizures and profound developmental delay. The preclinical data were presented by Steven Dworetzky, Ph.D., Knopp’s Chief Scientific Officer, a longtime Kv7 researcher who led the group that first cloned the Kv7.2 and Kv7.3 genes during his former tenure with the Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. Dr. Dworetzky presented results demonstrating the in vitro nanomolar activity of KB-3061 and its significant seizure protection in the maximal electroshock mo
Accelerate Your Business in South Korea Through 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge24.5.2019 13:20:00 EEST | Tiedote
Entrepreneurs from across the globe should set their sights on participating in the 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge. Supported by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups and National IT Industry Promotion Agency (NIPA) of South Korea, the initiative provides invaluable support and comprehensive resources to early age startups. Applications for the K-Startup Grand Challenge are currently being accepted through June 14, 2019. In order to advance in the program, teams must pass a regional audition. A judging panel of startup ecosystem experts and Korean accelerators will select 40 teams to participate in an enriching 3.5 month-long acceleration program in Korea. The selected teams will have exclusive access to free office space at the Startup Campus in Pangyo Techno Valley, one-on-one mentoring, information sessions, coaching on Korean and Asian business culture and the chance to attend insightful seminars on accounting regulations to tax laws, patents and more. Opportunities for networking with
New Investigational Clinical Data for Ipsen’s Oncology Products in 11 Solid Tumor Types to Be Presented at 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting24.5.2019 08:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
Regulatory News: Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) today announced that new data from clinical studies on investigational uses of cancer medicines cabozantinib (Cabometyx®), liposomal irinotecan (Onivyde®), and lanreotide autogel (Somatuline®, marketed as Somatuline Depot® in the United States) will be presented at the 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting. The meeting takes place in Chicago, Illinois, U.S., 31 May–4 June 2019; data featuring Ipsen medicines includes: New data from the Phase 3 CELESTIAL trial on the association of adverse events with efficacy outcomes for cabozantinib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma Overview of the Phase 3 COSMIC-312 trial of cabozantinib in combination with atezolizumab vs sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma who have not received previous systemic anticancer therapy First Phase 2 data from the CaboGIST study (trial 1317) from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of
The Posiflex Group Showcases an Ecosystem of Connected Solution Endpoints with IoT Remote Monitoring at Computex 201924.5.2019 04:00:00 EEST | Tiedote
For the Computex 2019 show, The Posiflex Group is featuring leading solution technology from the family of brands as a fully Serviced IoT Ecosystem. Solution end points include: Connected Modular Kiosks, POS Terminals, and Digital Signage solutions from Posiflex and KIOSK Information Systems Smart Medical Displays with gesture controls from Portwell Connected Gaming Solutions with Player Tracking Technology from Portwell subsidiary, Ganlot The booth display is based on common field service endpoints represented in a European Manor Destination Resort setting. Field solutions for an array of vertical market applications include QSR ordering, cinema ticketing, fashion retail customer loyalty, interactive signage, hotel / medical center check-in and bill pay, as well as casino gaming technology. This year, in addition to their renowned POS product suite, Posiflex will be featuring newly introduced Modular Kiosk platforms (co-designed by KIOSK and Posiflex), which are configure-to-order sta
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme