Prominent Coalition of World Class International and Danish Law Firms and ISAF Management Company Proceed with Investor Lawsuit against Danske Bank
International Securities Associations and Foundations Management Company (“ISAF”) announces the formation of an international coalition of leading American, German and Dutch law firms and the appointment of the preeminent Danish law firm, Németh Sigetty, to proceed with a lawsuit against Danske Bank A/S (“Danske” or the “Bank”) to pursue compensation for damaged investors after revelations of money laundering, financial mismanagement and deficient regulatory disclosures.
The lawsuit will be filed in Copenhagen, Denmark on behalf of investors who suffered investment losses in Danske’s share price after various disclosures related to an estimated EUR €200 billion money transfer scheme involving non-resident Eastern European and Russian customers in the Bank’s Estonian Branch. Information about critical lapses in Danske’s ‘know your customer’ and anti-money laundering internal enforcement policies, and its failure to act upon both internal and external warnings of non-compliance, caused a more than a 40% decline in Danske’s stock price resulting in losses for investors measured in tens of billions of Danish kroner (billions of US dollars).
Some of the world’s leading law firms, including the US-based law firm Pomerantz LLP, that recently secured a USD $3 billion investor settlement from Petrobras in the US; the US-based law firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP that has litigated and resolved some of the most important complex civil and securities litigations in recent history, including the recent USD $15 billion civil settlement with Volkswagen on behalf of American diesel vehicle owners and lessees; the German law firm, TILP Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, the lead counsel in the Euro €10 billion collective international investor claim action against Volkswagen in Germany; and the Dutch law firm, Lemstra Van der Korst N.V., that represents a foundation for damaged investors in Petrobras having billions of US dollars and euros in losses in Petrobras, as well as similar foundations for Libor rate rigging and other matters. The coalition is working together with Danish law firm Németh Sigetty to bring justice to investors who lost as much as USD $15 billion, as a result of revelations of Danske’s money laundering scheme, financial mismanagement and deficient regulatory disclosures.
ISAF is an investor protection interest company. ISAF provides administration and organizes the collection of client trading data, investor loss calculations and certification, investor related litigation documentation and full funding for the group litigation.
In terms of Collective Investor Actions, Denmark is an opt-in jurisdiction. The process to recover losses requires damaged investors to proactively join an organized litigation “Group” which will aggregate each investor’s loss into a collective loss in a single claim and action before the Danish Court. Németh Sigetty will file this Group litigation on behalf of the eligible investors organized via the ISAF coalition in the coming months. Group litigation, such as the litigation against Danske Bank, is a costly proposition in Denmark.
The investors joining the ISAF coalition litigation in Denmark do not have to pay any upfront or running costs during this litigation, including: any legal fees, court fees, potential counter-party legal cost risk guarantees, claims analysis costs or administration costs. If the litigation results in a financial settlement or judgment for damaged investors, the ISAF coalition will only collect a percentage-based success fee at the very end of the process.
Investors who own or have owned shares of Danske Bank on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange (Nasdaq Copenhagen) between 2007-2018 and suffered losses after the revelations in 2017 and 2018 of the critical deficiencies in Danske Bank’s anti-money laundering protocols and procedures are eligible to pursue compensation via this ISAF-sponsored Group litigation in Denmark.
The coalition includes:
- Németh Sigetty – The lawyers at Németh Sigetty have a well-deserved reputation for handling major, complex, and high-stakes disputes against both private party litigants and government authorities and have vast experience with investor group litigations in Denmark. Németh Sigetty has had a yearlong cooperation with the Danish Shareholders’ Association and has represented damaged investors in the Amagerbanken and Pandora litigations.
- Pomerantz LLP – An American law firm founded over 80 years ago that specializes in securities litigation and has served as lead counsel in many major cases, including as lead counsel in the Petrobras securities fraud class action in the U.S. which resulted in a USD $3 billion settlement, one of the largest shareholder settlements in US history.
- Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP – American law firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP has litigated and resolved some of the most important complex civil and securities litigations in recent history, including the recent $15 billion civil settlement with Volkswagen on behalf of American diesel vehicle owners and lessees.
- TILP Litigation Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH – The leading collective action law firm in Germany, pursuing compensation for investment losses in securities fraud cases in Germany and throughout Europe. TILP has been appointed as the law firm to represent the model plaintiff in the highly publicized Volkswagen “Dieselgate” KapMuG collective litigation proceeding in Braunschweig, Germany. TILP Litigation is litigating the Volkswagen case on behalf of international investors with damages claims in excess of EUR €9.5 billion.
- Lemstra Van der Korst - A leading law firm in the Netherlands with vast experience representing international investors in Dutch collective litigation and global settlements law (WCAM). Lemstra has recently secured a critical jurisdiction ruling in the highly publicized group litigation in the Netherlands on behalf of damaged Petrobras investors. Lemstra Van der Korst has represented damaged international shareholders in global settlements, including the Converium and Royal Dutch Shell WCAM settlements.
Administrators, Funders, Service Providers and Consultants:
- ISAF Management - ISAF Management Company and ISAF for Damaged Danske Investors, LLC provides international litigation research and organization focused on institutional investor objectives. ISAF interacts with investors, law firms, service providers and undertakes administrative tasks, including the collection of client trading data, loss calculations, loss certification, and most aspects of investor related litigation documentation. In addition, ISAF provides investors with transparent, cost effective contingency financing of all litigation costs.
- Battea Class Action Services – Battea Class Action Services, LLC, an international leader and expert in the class action securities processing and claims filing space, has been retained to securely collect, store and process client data and validate each investor’s loss calculations, to be included in the collective Group loss claims.
- U.S. Market Advisors Law Group PLLC – An American law firm that provides professional services to leading national and global law firms in matters involving financial markets trading, economic modeling, market structure understanding, research and transaction analysis.
Eligible investors who wish to participate in the Group litigation referenced above must proactively join the ISAF litigation Group prior to the filing of the complaint with the Danish Court. The writ of summons will be filed in the first quarter of 2019. Investors who experienced losses must contact ISAF so that eligibility can be verified and claims can be properly registered with the Court.
LEGAL AND RELATED MEDIA INQUIRIES:
Ole Sigetty +4533133344
INVESTOR AND RELATED MEDIA INQUIRIES:
ISAF Management Company
Adam Foulke, +1-203-252-3378
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Hilton Launches New Brand, Signia Hilton, Delivering Sophisticated Travel While Reimagining Meetings and Events22.2.2019 20:00:00 | Tiedote
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the launch of Signia Hilton, its dynamic, new meetings-and-events-focused brand. The portfolio of hotels is setting out to transform the industry for meeting professionals and sophisticated business travelers by infusing state-of-the-art technology and design into every aspect of the guest experience. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005071/en/ The brand further reinforces Hilton’s commitment to innovation that meets the evolving needs of today’s travelers and will bring premium experiences to top urban and resort destinations around the world. “In our 100th year of hospitality, we are more focused than ever on providing exceptional experiences to all of our guests – and that includes evolving those experiences to meet their changing needs,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton. “We are proud to launch Signia Hilton, which exemplifies our innovative sp
Axonics® Granted Expanded CE Mark Label; First and Only Sacral Neuromodulation System Approved for Use with Full-Body MRI Scans22.2.2019 19:30:00 | Tiedote
Axonics Modulation Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AXNX), a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel implantable Sacral Neuromodulation (“SNM”) devices for the treatment of urinary and bowel dysfunction, announced today that it has received CE mark approval for 1.5T and 3T full-body magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI”) conditional labeling for the Axonics r-SNM® System. The Axonics r-SNM System is the only implantable SNM system that has received full-body MRI conditional labeling for sale in Europe1. Raymond W. Cohen, Chief Executive Officer of Axonics, said, “Without this labeling, any patient requiring an MRI scan on any body part below the head must have their neurostimulator surgically explanted prior to the MRI scan, resulting in an additional surgery for the patient and additional costs to patients and the healthcare system. This authorization of full-body MRI scans in Europe is another important milestone for Axonics, differentiating our te
Fantastec Joins Forces with Arsenal FC Launching Official Blockchain Collectibles App22.2.2019 17:30:00 | Tiedote
Fantastec announced today its first football licensing agreement with Premier League club Arsenal FC for a new blockchain authenticated collectibles app called Fantastec SWAP. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005277/en/ Arsenal players appear on Fantastec SWAP in official licensing deal (Graphic: Business Wire) London-based Fantastec is a leading sports fan technology innovator, and its blockchain based ‘SWAP’ app will have broad appeal to global sports fans, gamers and sports card collectors alike. Fantastec SWAP unlocks unique and authentic club content through the app, like player autographs and exclusive footage. With its innovative blockchain technology, fans around the world can now discover, collect and swap officially licensed club collectibles with other fans with complete trust. “Fantastec SWAP is a game-changer for international football fans as well the sports collectibles industry,” commented
Volkswagen Protects Virtual Key Sharing App with Trustonic Application Protection22.2.2019 16:42:00 | Tiedote
Volkswagen is working with mobile cyber security leader Trustonic to enable customers to use smartphones to access their vehicles, and to securely share their digital car keys to grant access to others via a smartphone app. Volkswagen is using the Trustonic Application Protection (TAP) platform to secure the mobile app and ensure that sensitive information and key transfer requests are securely displayed to, and approved by, a real authenticated user on a trusted device and not by hackers or malware simulating a user or device. “The smartphone is becoming the vehicle key of the future and our We Connect service is the interface for this today in the new Volkswagen Passat,” comments Alf Pollex, Head of Infotainment and Connected Car at Volkswagen AG. “The user installs the We Connect app on their smartphone which is then authorized via the infotainment system with a Transaction Number. The Mobile Key will be compatible with Android-based Samsung devices. No mobile network connection is
Mundipharma EDO GmbH: US FDA grants Orphan Drug Designation for etoposide toniribate in relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer22.2.2019 16:30:00 | Tiedote
Mundipharma EDO GmbH, part of the Mundipharma network of independent associated companies, and Imbrium Therapeutics L.P., an operating subsidiary of Purdue Pharma L.P., today announced that the US FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) to etoposide toniribate for the treatment of relapsed/refractory biliary tract cancer, also known as cholangiocarcinoma.3 This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190222005126/en/ Biliary tract cancer is a rare tumour with approximately 8,000 patients diagnosed in the US every year and 10,571 in Europe.4,5 The FDA grants ODD status to medicines intended for the treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases or disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the US. Radical surgery is the only curative treatment for biliary tract cancer but, in most cases, the cancer is inoperable. Patients who fail first-line chemotherapy have limited treatment options and the standard of
Lenovo Data Center Group Delivers Broad Edge Computing Portfolio, Expands Investments in IoT22.2.2019 16:13:00 | Tiedote
Next week at MWC Barcelona, Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) will showcase continued investments in its solutions supporting IoT and edge computing as part of its IoT growth plan over the next few years. Building on the momentum of its fifth consecutive quarter of profit growth, Lenovo DCG is building a portfolio that takes infrastructure to where the data is, whether that be in the traditional data center, in the cloud or increasingly, at the edge. Today, around 10 percent of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. By 2022, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75 percent. This migration is driving increased concerns around data privacy, security and regulations coupled with challenges of latency, bandwidth and downtime. Lenovo is addressing these challenges by creating a broad portfolio of edge computing offerings that address the different ways that customers want to deploy edge computing solutions for IoT use cases.
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme