Tilray® Announces International Advisory Board
Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY), a global pioneer in cannabis production and distribution, today announced the formation of its International Advisory Board, an esteemed group of business and government leaders who will provide guidance to Tilray’s executive team and Board of Directors as the company pursues its aggressive global growth strategy.
“We are honored to welcome this impressive group of distinguished leaders to the Tilray team,” says Brendan Kennedy, Tilray CEO. “As we pioneer the future of our industry around the world, the experts on our International Advisory Board will advise us on our rapidly expanding global business.”
Inaugural members of Tilray’s International Advisory Board include:
- Governor Howard Dean is a former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman, presidential candidate, six-term Governor of Vermont, and physician. Gov. Dean is also the founder of Democracy for America, a lecturer at Yale University and a strategic consultant for the global law firm Dentons.
- Michael Steele made history when he was elected Lieutenant Governor of Maryland in 2003, as the first African American elected to statewide office; and again, with his subsequent chairmanship of the Republican National Committee (RNC). Under Mr. Steele’s leadership the RNC broke fundraising records and led Republicans to win 63 House seats in 2010, the biggest pick-up since 1938. Mr. Steele is an accomplished author and media commentator.
- The Honourable Lloyd Axworthy P.C., C.C., O.M., is the chair of the World Refugee Council and one of Canada’s leading voices on global migration and refugee protection. Throughout his 27-year political career, he served as Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Employment and Immigration, among other postings.
- Joschka Fischer served as Foreign Minister and Vice Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group and a member of the Executive Board of the European Council on Foreign Relations. Mr. Fischer also currently serves as Managing Partner of Joschka Fischer & Company, a global strategy firm, where he advises clients on issues relating to Germany and the European Union.
- Jaime Gama is the longest-serving Portuguese Minister of Foreign Affairs. Over a distinguished career in public policy, Mr. Gama served as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of Defense, and Minister of State. He was a member of the Government in 2001 when Portugal approved its decriminalization and harm reduction drug policy. He was elected Member of Parliament and served as the Speaker of the Parliament. Mr. Gama serves as the chairman of a bank and of a private foundation.
- The Honourable Alexander John Gosse Downer, AC, was the longest-serving Minister for Foreign Affairs in Australia in history, holding his position for ten years. He also served has High Commissioner to the United Kingdom. Mr. Downer was a diplomat in the Department of Foreign Affairs, serving in the Australian Mission to the European Union, the Australian Representation to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and at Australian embassies in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Rt Hon Sir Donald McKinnon, ONZ, GCVO, was New Zealand’s longest serving Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade and held the portfolios of Disarmament and Arms Control, Veteran’s Affairs, War Pensions, and Pacific Island Affairs. Mr. McKinnon served as Deputy Prime Minister, Leader of the House and was appointed a member of Her Majesty’s Privy Council. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in initiating and overseeing the ceasefire between Bougainvilleans and the Papua New Guinea Government in 1997.
- María Lorena Gutiérrez Botero served as Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, as well as Ambassador of Colombia to Germany, as a member of President Juan Manuel Santos’ government. Ms. Gutiérrez has served as a member of numerous boards of directors of international organizations and universities, such as the European Foundation for Management Development, the Sumaq Alliance, the Latin American Council of Administration Schools, the Business Association for Latin American Studies and the Quality Corporation of Colombia.
- James O’Brien served two U.S. administrations as Special Presidential Envoy. Mr. O’Brien has been Senior Advisor to the U.S. Secretary of State and served as the Principal Deputy Director of Policy Planning at the State Department. Mr. O’Brien currently serves as Vice Chair of Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) and heads up the firm’s practice in Europe.
- Dr. Lorna Marsden is a former Canadian Senator from Ontario who was appointed to the position by former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. She served in the Senate for eight and a half years, where she was a member of the Standing Committee on National Finance and chairwoman of the Standing Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology. Dr. Marsden also served as President and Vice-Chancellor of York University and President and Vice-Chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario.
Tilray is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis and cannabinoids is currently serving tens of thousands of patients in twelve countries spanning five continents.
Cautionary Note regarding Forward-looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements”, which may be identified by the use of words such as, “may”, “would”, “could”, “will”, “likely”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “believe, “intend”, “plan”, “forecast”, “project”, “estimate”, “outlook” and other similar expressions, including statements related to Tilray’s global strategy and the International Advisory Board. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, including assumptions in respect of current and future market conditions. Actual results, performance or achievement could differ materially from that expressed in, or implied by, any forward-looking statements in this press release, and, accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements and they are not guarantees of future results. Forward-looking statements involve significant risks, assumptions, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual future results or anticipated events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. Please see the heading “Risk Factors” in Tilray’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 and the risks discussed in Tilray’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of the material risk factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking information. Tilray does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that are included herein, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Earth Networks Launches Aviation Early Warning System for the Agency for the Safety of Air Navigation in Africa and Madagascar (ASECNA)25.3.2019 02:00:00 EET | Tiedote
Earth Networks today announced it has completed a new aviation early weather warning system for The Agency for the Safety of Air Navigation in Africa and Madagascar (ASECNA). The announcement was made at the 6th annual InterMET Asia conference in Singapore. Designed for air traffic management and airport operations professionals to issue alerts on severe weather and lightning threats that have the potential to affect air and land operations including ground crews, fueling, and aircraft, the newly operational global aviation early warning system includes: Real-time lightning detection powered by the Earth Networks Total Lightning Network, featuring over 1,700 sensors in more than 100 countries On-the-ground weather monitoring via the Earth Networks Weather Network Sferic Maps, a web-based severe weather monitoring and alerting platform Severe weather data and visualization tools such as Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts and PulseRad, a lightning-derived radar alternative Short-range point f
PIVOT Fintech Gets Capital Markets Services License From The Monetary Authority Of Singapore25.3.2019 00:30:00 EET | Tiedote
PIVOT Fintech Pte. Ltd. (“PIVOT”), the digital wealth management technology services venture backed by Pintec Technology Holdings Ltd. (“PINTEC”; NASDAQ: PT) and FWD Group announced today that it has been granted a Capital Markets Services (“CMS”) license by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). PIVOT’s CMS license, which comes after the recently published MAS Guidelines on the Provision of Digital Advisory Services on 8 October 2018, allows the company to offer AI-driven investment services directly to retail clients. “This significant Singapore milestone marks the start of PIVOT’s ambition to deliver innovative wealth management solutions in Southeast Asia,” said PIVOT CEO Victor Lye, who created PIVOT’s proprietary gamified risk profiling analytics to drive financial inclusiveness. PIVOT’s core shareholder, PINTEC, has proven technology and expertise in delivering AI-driven global asset allocation and money management services to financial institutions in the highly competitive
1.1 Million People Benefit from the UAE-based Big Heart Foundation’s Humanitarian Efforts in 201824.3.2019 22:21:00 EET | Tiedote
Humanitarian aid worth US$ 15.8 million (AED 58 million) to 1,091,000 million refugees, internally displaced and acutely disadvantaged people in 12 conflict-laden nations worldwide has been offered by The Big Heart Foundation (TBHF), a leading international humanitarian organisation based in Sharjah, UAE. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190324005019/en/ (TBHF Graphic) Operating under the leadership of Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, UNHCR Eminent Advocate and TBHF Chairperson, the humanitarian non-profit operating out of Sharjah – the third largest emirate in United Arab Emirates (UAE) – has mobilised the funds to support and initiate 20 projects in collaboration with UNHCR, Doctors without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières) in vital sectors of food security, healthcare and education. Their 2018 efforts spanned 12 countries, namely, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Pal
SCG Chemicals Company chooses gPROMS modelling for digital design and operations22.3.2019 18:55:00 EET | Tiedote
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE), the Advanced Process Modelling company, today announced that it has signed a long-term agreement with SCG, one of the largest integrated petrochemical companies in South East Asia, to standardise on PSE’s gPROMS® modelling technology for digital design and operations. SCG applies advanced process models within digital design initiatives to explore the process decision space rapidly and effectively, in order to reduce uncertainty and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions. This help them to accelerate innovation and optimise the design and operation of their process plants. Dr Suracha Udomsak, SCG’s Emerging Business Director and R&D Director, says, “at SCG Chemicals, advanced process modelling (APM) is a key element in our Digital Manufacturing platform. APM accelerates innovation by making the development workflow ‘faster, cheaper & safer’, which are key considerations for us. It is a core technology building block that enables u
Logicor Announces Results for Year Ended 31 December 201822.3.2019 17:29:00 EET | Tiedote
Logicor announces strong financial performance for the year ended 31 December Net Operating Income (NOI): €639 million, which represents year on year growth of 2.5%, reflecting our strategic focus on increasing occupancy and capturing market rental growth. Over 60% of NOI is generated in the key markets of the UK (26%), Northern Europe1 (21%) and France (15%). Gross Asset Value: €12.5 billion, a 3.3% increase in valuation, which reflects the strong performance of our portfolio, in particular in Northern Europe. EPRA Occupancy: 94.4%, with physical occupancy up 70 bps over the year, underpinned by strong growth in each of our three largest regions of the UK (+120 bps), Northern Europe (+110 bps) and France (+220 bps). LTV: 51%, down from 52% at year end 2017 following increases in property values. At year end, our debt to EBITDA ratio was 11.3x. Capital Structure In 2018 Logicor (rated BBB (Stable) by S&P) established a Euro Medium Term Note (‘EMTN’) programme and raised €1.8 billion of
Delticom AG/Mytyres.co.uk: Buying Great Value Tyres Online Doesn’t Mean Missing out on Professional Fitting22.3.2019 17:15:00 EET | Tiedote
Spring is just around the corner, and it’s time for drivers to start thinking about changing to summer tyres. However, a tyre check may show that your current summer tyres are getting old, worn out, or have visible damage, such as cracks or bumps. If this is the case, then it's time for a new set of tyres. The legal minimum tread depth is 1.6 mm, however experts recommend significantly more – summer tyres should be replaced even if the tread depth is 3 mm. Regardless of mileage, you should change your tyres at least every eight to ten years. This is because the rubber starts to harden, the tyres lose grip on the road, and driving performance is affected. Of course, a set of four new tyres is a significant investment – authorised workshops can often charge between 250 and 350 pounds. If you want to save money, consider the alternatives: the result is an increasing number of customers turning to online shops such as Mytyres.co.uk to buy new tyres. The market share of tyres sold online ha
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme