Tilray® Announces International Advisory Board
Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY), a global pioneer in cannabis production and distribution, today announced the formation of its International Advisory Board, an esteemed group of business and government leaders who will provide guidance to Tilray’s executive team and Board of Directors as the company pursues its aggressive global growth strategy.
“We are honored to welcome this impressive group of distinguished leaders to the Tilray team,” says Brendan Kennedy, Tilray CEO. “As we pioneer the future of our industry around the world, the experts on our International Advisory Board will advise us on our rapidly expanding global business.”
Inaugural members of Tilray’s International Advisory Board include:
- Governor Howard Dean is a former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman, presidential candidate, six-term Governor of Vermont, and physician. Gov. Dean is also the founder of Democracy for America, a lecturer at Yale University and a strategic consultant for the global law firm Dentons.
- Michael Steele made history when he was elected Lieutenant Governor of Maryland in 2003, as the first African American elected to statewide office; and again, with his subsequent chairmanship of the Republican National Committee (RNC). Under Mr. Steele’s leadership the RNC broke fundraising records and led Republicans to win 63 House seats in 2010, the biggest pick-up since 1938. Mr. Steele is an accomplished author and media commentator.
- The Honourable Lloyd Axworthy P.C., C.C., O.M., is the chair of the World Refugee Council and one of Canada’s leading voices on global migration and refugee protection. Throughout his 27-year political career, he served as Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Employment and Immigration, among other postings.
- Joschka Fischer served as Foreign Minister and Vice Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group and a member of the Executive Board of the European Council on Foreign Relations. Mr. Fischer also currently serves as Managing Partner of Joschka Fischer & Company, a global strategy firm, where he advises clients on issues relating to Germany and the European Union.
- Jaime Gama is the longest-serving Portuguese Minister of Foreign Affairs. Over a distinguished career in public policy, Mr. Gama served as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Home Affairs, Minister of Defense, and Minister of State. He was a member of the Government in 2001 when Portugal approved its decriminalization and harm reduction drug policy. He was elected Member of Parliament and served as the Speaker of the Parliament. Mr. Gama serves as the chairman of a bank and of a private foundation.
- The Honourable Alexander John Gosse Downer, AC, was the longest-serving Minister for Foreign Affairs in Australia in history, holding his position for ten years. He also served has High Commissioner to the United Kingdom. Mr. Downer was a diplomat in the Department of Foreign Affairs, serving in the Australian Mission to the European Union, the Australian Representation to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and at Australian embassies in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Rt Hon Sir Donald McKinnon, ONZ, GCVO, was New Zealand’s longest serving Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade and held the portfolios of Disarmament and Arms Control, Veteran’s Affairs, War Pensions, and Pacific Island Affairs. Mr. McKinnon served as Deputy Prime Minister, Leader of the House and was appointed a member of Her Majesty’s Privy Council. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in initiating and overseeing the ceasefire between Bougainvilleans and the Papua New Guinea Government in 1997.
- María Lorena Gutiérrez Botero served as Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, as well as Ambassador of Colombia to Germany, as a member of President Juan Manuel Santos’ government. Ms. Gutiérrez has served as a member of numerous boards of directors of international organizations and universities, such as the European Foundation for Management Development, the Sumaq Alliance, the Latin American Council of Administration Schools, the Business Association for Latin American Studies and the Quality Corporation of Colombia.
- James O’Brien served two U.S. administrations as Special Presidential Envoy. Mr. O’Brien has been Senior Advisor to the U.S. Secretary of State and served as the Principal Deputy Director of Policy Planning at the State Department. Mr. O’Brien currently serves as Vice Chair of Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) and heads up the firm’s practice in Europe.
- Dr. Lorna Marsden is a former Canadian Senator from Ontario who was appointed to the position by former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. She served in the Senate for eight and a half years, where she was a member of the Standing Committee on National Finance and chairwoman of the Standing Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology. Dr. Marsden also served as President and Vice-Chancellor of York University and President and Vice-Chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario.
Tilray is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of cannabis and cannabinoids is currently serving tens of thousands of patients in twelve countries spanning five continents.
Cautionary Note regarding Forward-looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements”, which may be identified by the use of words such as, “may”, “would”, “could”, “will”, “likely”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “believe, “intend”, “plan”, “forecast”, “project”, “estimate”, “outlook” and other similar expressions, including statements related to Tilray’s global strategy and the International Advisory Board. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, including assumptions in respect of current and future market conditions. Actual results, performance or achievement could differ materially from that expressed in, or implied by, any forward-looking statements in this press release, and, accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements and they are not guarantees of future results. Forward-looking statements involve significant risks, assumptions, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual future results or anticipated events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. Please see the heading “Risk Factors” in Tilray’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 and the risks discussed in Tilray’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of the material risk factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking information. Tilray does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that are included herein, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Tilaa tiedotteet sähköpostiisi
Haluatko tietää asioista ensimmäisten joukossa? Kun tilaat mediatiedotteemme, saat ne sähköpostiisi välittömästi julkaisuhetkellä. Tilauksen voit halutessasi perua milloin tahansa.
Lue lisää julkaisijalta Business Wire
Papa John’s Appoints Marvin Boakye as First Chief People Officer23.1.2019 18:02 | Tiedote
Papa John’s International, Inc., (NASDAQ: PZZA) one of the world’s largest pizza delivery companies, announced today the appointment of Marvin Boakye as its first Chief People Officer. He will serve as a member of the Papa John’s Executive Leadership Team and report to President and CEO Steve Ritchie. Boakye has more than 20 years of human resources experience, as well as expertise in change management and culture transformation. He has held human resources leadership roles for organizations across the United States, Canada and Latin America. Boakye joins Papa John’s after serving as vice president of human resources at petroleum company Andeavor in San Antonio, Texas, which was recently acquired by Marathon Petroleum. Prior to Andeavor, he was chief human resources officer for MTS Allstream, a telecommunications company now part of Bell Canada, and held senior human resources positions at Goodyear, Pulte Group and The Home Depot. “Boakye’s expertise will help us to continue to push Pa
Global Technology Association ISACA Launching Future-focused Initiatives in Its 50th Anniversary Year23.1.2019 17:22 | Tiedote
Now more than 450,000 engaged professionals and 140,000 members strong, global information technology association ISACA was founded by seven individuals as the EDP Auditing Association in California at the dawn of the information systems era—1969. Serving audit, governance, risk and cybersecurity professionals and their enterprises, today ISACA has a presence in 188 countries. Headquartered near Chicago, Illinois, USA, ISACA also established an entity in Beijing, China, last year, and acquired the CMMI Institute in 2016. In 2019—its 50th anniversary year—ISACA has adopted the theme, “Honoring Our Past. Innovating Our Future.” The organization has multiple initiatives planned to mark this milestone, including: Transforming IT Audit initiative—In February 2019, ISACA will launch a Transforming IT Audit microsite with resources to help IT auditors successfully navigate the future of the profession, including emerging areas like AI and blockchain, and featuring results from ISACA’s new glo
Wipro Ranked Third Fastest Growing Global IT Services Brand in 201923.1.2019 17:18 | Tiedote
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, has been ranked the third fastest growing global IT services brand in 2019 in a study conducted by Brand Finance, the world’s leading brand valuation firm. Wipro is also among the top 10 most valuable brands in the global IT services sector. According to Brand Finance’s IT Services annual report for 2019, which features 15 leading brands in the segment, Wipro has a total brand value of USD 4.002 billion, up 25% on year, emerging as one of the strongest brands in the category with an AA+ Brand rating. Brand Finance, in their official press release noted that Wipro’s significant investments in digital transformation capabilities, niche acquisitions, and a recent brand refresh, have propelled it to the third fastest growing brand in the segment. The report analyses the brand value and brand strength of the 5000 largest brands across 38 sectors in t
Velodyne Lidar and YellowScan Lead Drone Surveying Market for Highway Capacity Expansion23.1.2019 16:00 | Tiedote
Velodyne Lidar, Inc. today announced that the YellowScan Surveyor from YellowScan has utilized Velodyne’s groundbreaking sensor technology to generate precise mapping data for an infrastructure construction project on one of Central Europe’s busiest roadways. YellowScan Surveyor, an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) surveying system, improves upon previous time-intensive manual surveying processes by providing a more efficient method for collecting landscape data with increased precision and detail. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190123005054/en/ Ventus-Tech using YellowScan Surveyor, which includes Velodyne Lidar’s Puck™, to generate precise mapping data. (Photo: Business Wire) The project was conducted by Ventus-Tech using YellowScan Surveyor to collect data along a 47-kilometer segment of the M1 highway (E60, E65, E75) in northwestern Hungary. The data, gathered by 88 UAV flights over one month, enabled engine
PMI Among Elite Group of Companies to Score A for Climate Change23.1.2019 15:00 | Tiedote
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) (NYSE: PM) has been highlighted as a global leader on corporate climate action by environmental impact nonprofit CDP, achieving a place on the CDP Climate Change A List for the fifth consecutive year. As the only tobacco company to have scored an A, PMI has been recognized for cutting emissions, mitigating climate risks and developing the low-carbon economy, based on its 2018 disclosure to CDP. “Climate change is one of major concerns for humanity, and companies can make a difference. Just like we are leading our industry’s transformation toward a smoke-free future, we are focused on bettering every part of our business and supply chain to become a leader in sustainable business practices,” said André Calantzopoulos, Chief Executive Officer, PMI. The company’s efforts to reduce the environmental footprint of its operations focus on sustainable design in new facilities, energy efficiency in manufacturing processes, greener purchasing of electricity
STEMCELL Technologies Launches mTeSR™ Plus, a Next-Generation Culture System for Human ES and iPS Cell Maintenance23.1.2019 14:00 | Tiedote
STEMCELL Technologies has released mTeSR™ Plus, an enhanced version of mTeSR™1, the most widely published feeder-free human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) maintenance medium. The new medium has undergone successful beta testing with several members of the Stem Cell COREdinates group and has completed rigorous in-house validation testing. Designed to promote a more consistent cell culture environment through sustained medium pH and stabilized components including FGF2, mTeSR™ Plus prevents the rapid onset of acidosis. This helps avoid conditions that have been associated with DNA damage, genomic instability, and growth arrest in hPSCs. The stabilization enhancements allow for greater hPSC expansion rates, enhanced culture morphology, and truly versatile feeding schedules including the option to skip weekends. “With the launch of mTeSR™ Plus, STEMCELL is positioned to set new industry standards in the pluripotent stem cell research field,” says Dr. Allen Eaves, President and CEO of STEMCEL
Uutishuoneessa voit lukea tiedotteitamme ja muuta julkaisemaamme materiaalia. Löydät sieltä niin yhteyshenkilöidemme tiedot kuin vapaasti julkaistavissa olevia kuvia ja videoita. Uutishuoneessa voit nähdä myös sosiaalisen median sisältöjä. Kaikki STT Infossa julkaistu materiaali on vapaasti median käytettävissä.Tutustu uutishuoneeseemme