XPENG Presents Next-Gen Technology Architecture – SEPA2.0
XPeng Inc. (“XPENG” or the “Company,” NYSE: XPEV and HKEX: 9868), a leading Chinese smart electric vehicle (“Smart EV”) company, today unveiled its next-generation end-to-end integrated technology architecture SEPA2.0, which sets the foundation for future production models.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230416005077/en/
XPENG SEPA2.0 (Photo: Business Wire)
SEPA2.0 (Smart Electric Platform Architecture) brings a series of more advanced architectural solutions, from XPENG’s in-house development autonomous driving software to vehicle engineering. It will shorten future models’ R&D cycle by 20%, significantly optimizing R&D efficiency. 80% of architectural components will be compatible with new models, enabling XPENG to meet diverse customer needs at optimized costs.
SEPA2.0 is adaptable and flexible with multiple vehicle platforms for wheelbases between 1,800mm and 3,200mm and scalable to support a variety of vehicle types, including sedan, coupe, hatchback, wagon, SUV, MPV and pickup truck. On April 18, the first new production model built on SEPA2.0, XPENG G6 Ultra Smart Coupe SUV, will debut at Auto Shanghai 2023.
“We envision that this evolutionary intelligent architecture will lead smart EV technology development for the next three years. It will make rapid advancements in technology available for our customers as standard, with faster software upgrades, stunning cost savings and elevated product experience,” said He Xiaopeng, Chairman and CEO of XPENG. “Ultimately, SEPA2.0 will architecturally empower us in our ongoing quest to redefine mobility experience with compelling value, superb comfort and rich infotainment.”
English replay of XPENG SEPA2.0 Press Briefing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed99lGrtxn0
XPENG SEPA2.0 visual library: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q1ZKsHv2V2vVoEUIXXWQ5pGrBbRBIlNA
XPENG SEPA2.0 smart manufacturing video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dF5sH5UdcP-ggyR-sVWFdwtFZTpDafhO
Intelligent Architecture to Accelerate Smart Technology Inclusion
- XNGP Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS): XPENG’s in-house full-scenario ADAS solution is the ultimate form of driver assistance and will come as standard on all future XPENG models for the Chinese market. With SEPA2.0 architecture, XNGP’s overall R&D efficiency will increase by 30%, while ADAS software model adaptation costs will reduce by 70%. Backed by China’s largest and only operational autonomous driving supercomputing center, closed-loop data feedback and self-evolving AI system, XNGP will consistently evolve and upgrade its driving assistance skills. It targets takeover frequency less than once per 1000 km in highway scenarios in 2023 and takeover frequency less than once per 100 km in urban scenarios by 2025.
- Xmart OS In-car Operating System: Xmart OS leverages a multi-sensor software and hardware platform to augment and transform control and driver-vehicle interaction. Powered by AI, supercomputers and foundation models, Xmart OS can make intelligent decisions to optimize control of cabin functions. The SEPA2.0-based R&D platform lowers Xmart OS software adaptation costs by 85%, shortens voice software R&D cycle by 50% and reduces cost of voice assistant service by 50%, making the industry’s top smart cabin services available to every XPENG owner, while revolutionizing cockpit instrumentation and road perception.
- X-EEA Electrical and Electronic Architecture: Consisting of a data technology platform, a whole-car software platform and a hardware architecture platform, X-EEA underpins XPENG’s technology foundation with high performance, superior safety and cloud application integration. It optimizes overall vehicle R&D costs by 50%, shortens software iteration cycles by 30% and increases OTA update speed by 300%.
Architecture-based Solutions to Boost Charging Efficiency
- 800 Volt High Voltage Silicon Carbide (SiC) Platform: XPENG’s industry leading superfast charging solution enables 800V high voltage charging, increasing battery charging speed by 50% over the previous generation. With a standard 3C cell configuration, the battery can add 130 kilometers of range with a five-minute charge, and can charge even faster at XPENG’s S4 480kW superfast charging facilities, adding 200 km of range with a five-minute charge. When charging via third-party charging piles, it can generate up to 180kW of charging power.
- XPower 800 Volt High Voltage Oil-cooled Flat-wire SiC Integrated Electric Drive System: Full-stack and in-house developed, XPower increases the maximum electric drive efficiency to 97.5% and the overall electric drive efficiency to 92%. Each 1% increase in overall electric drive system efficiency, with other conditions unchanged, translates into an estimated 2% increase in EV range. Powerful system integrations deliver industry-leading power-to-weight ratio of 2.5 kW/kg, ensuring less whole-car weight while creating a more spacious and quieter cabin.
- X-HP Smart Thermal Management System: X-HP offers an intelligent, systematic energy-efficient solution for temperatures from -30℃ to 55℃, ensuring range and charging capacity under all weather conditions. In cold conditions, it increases range by 15%; it improves battery cooling performance by 100%, leading to a 90% increase in charging power.
- Powerful Fast-Charging Network: Consisting of 7kW and 11kW home charging piles, 20kW DC fast-charging piles, S2 180kW DC supercharging piles and S4 480kW DC superfast charging piles across China, XPENG’s charging network continues to expand. In 2023, approximately 500 new S4-enabled XPENG superfast charging stations will become operational.
Advanced Manufacturing Capabilities
- Front and Rear Integrated Aluminum Die Casting Technology: One of its kind in mass production models in China, enables more uniform fabrication of the car body, bringing more stable control and a better driving performance. It also improves torsional rigidity by 83% compared to a traditional car body, enhancing body safety, while at the same time reducing body weight by 17% versus traditional bodies, further boosting EV range.
- CIB (Cell Integrated Body) Technology: Battery pack integrated in the car body optimizes cabin design with added vertical space, increases battery safety and enhances overall driving performance by improving center of gravity. With an 80-ton side collision resistance design and a IP68 waterproof & dustproof design, the CIB battery pack meets the highest safety standards in three main markets: China, North America and Europe.
- Chassis Platform: Compatible with multiple types of suspension systems, providing superior mechanical quality and excellent handling performance.
- Smart Manufacturing System: This system will be built out by 2025, including the Zhaoqing Plant, Guangzhou Base and several future projects. All manufacturing facilities will integrate SEPA2.0 through technology upgrades.
XPENG is a leading Chinese Smart EV company that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets Smart EVs that appeal to the large and growing base of technology-savvy middle-class consumers. Its mission is to drive Smart EV transformation with technology, shaping the mobility experience of the future. In order to optimize its customers’ mobility experience, XPENG develops in-house its full-stack advanced driver-assistance system technology and in-car intelligent operating system, as well as core vehicle systems including the powertrain and the electrical/electronic architecture. XPENG is headquartered in Guangzhou, China, with main offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, San Diego and Amsterdam. The Company’s Smart EVs are mainly manufactured at its plants in Zhaoqing and Guangzhou, Guangdong province. For more information, please visit https://heyXPENG.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This announcement contains forward-looking statements. These statements are made under the “safe harbor” provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “future,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates” and similar statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about XPENG’s beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement, including but not limited to the following: XPENG’s goals and strategies; XPENG’s expansion plans; XPENG’s future business development, financial condition and results of operations; the trends in, and size of, China’s EV market; XPENG’s expectations regarding demand for, and market acceptance of, its products and services; XPENG’s expectations regarding its relationships with customers, contract manufacturers, suppliers, third-party service providers, strategic partners and other stakeholders; general economic and business conditions; and assumptions underlying or related to any of the foregoing. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in XPENG’s filings with the SEC. All information provided in this press release is as of the date of this press release, and XPENG does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230416005077/en/
For Investor Enquiries:
The Piacente Group
Tel: +1 212 481 2050 / +86 10 6508 0677
For Media Enquiries:
About Business Wire
For more than 50 years, Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
IPS Appoints Jim Stephanou as New CEO5.6.2023 21:30:00 EEST | Press release
IPS, a leading provider of architecture, engineering, procurement, construction management, and validation services for the life sciences sector, announces the appointment of Jim Stephanou, as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the company into its next phase of growth. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230605005759/en/ IPS is excited to announce the appointment of Jim Stephanou as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the company into its next phase of growth. (Photo: Business Wire) Mr. Stephanou is a well-recognized and accomplished leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry with over thirty years of experience in manufacturing operations and engineering. His most recent role was Vice President, Global Engineering Solutions at Merck & Co., Inc., a position he held for eight years. During that time, he was responsible for managing and overseeing one of the largest capital investment cycles of any
Translated Unleashes Full GPT-4 Potential for Businesses Operating in Languages Other Than English5.6.2023 18:06:00 EEST | Press release
In a significant breakthrough for generative AI and content creation, Translated, a leader in AI-enabled language solutions, is proud to introduce its innovative language model T-LM (Translated Language Model). T-LM will help unlock the full potential of OpenAI’s GPT-4 for businesses around the world. It provides companies with a cost-effective solution to create and restructure content in 200 languages, bridging the performance gap between GPT-4 in English and non-English languages. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230525005702/en/ (Graphic: Business Wire) Until now, GPT's impressive performance has been a privilege of the English-speaking world. Companies operating in languages other than English have often found their performance lagging behind that of GPT models from several years ago, with some languages trailing by as much as three years. For these companies, the performance gap in understanding, generati
Wipro VisionEDGE to Power Bowling Center TV’s New Digital Out-of-Home Network5.6.2023 15:58:00 EEST | Press release
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading technology services and consulting company, today announced its dynamic digital signage solution, Wipro VisionEDGE, will power Bowling Center TV (BCTV), a new digital out-of-home television network distributed across bowling centers in the United States. BCTV is a partnership between Strike Ten Entertainment, the Bowling Proprietors’ Association of America (BPAA), and Equity Sports Partners. BCTV is supported by a best-in-class team of technology partners, including Cisco and Wipro VisionEDGE, and is designed to transform bowling center entertainment, revolutionize the way audiences engage with this popular sport, and how brands engage with those audiences. “Wipro VisionEDGE and BCTV represent a significant breakthrough in the digital signage and out-of-home industry, enabling targeted customer engagement,” said Malay Joshi, Senior Vice President and Sector Head of Communications, Retail, Connectivity & Services, Wipro Limit
Adva Network Security and Quantum Optics Jena showcase German-made QKD solution5.6.2023 15:00:00 EEST | Press release
Adva Network Security and Quantum Optics Jena today announced a successful joint demo of entanglement-based quantum key distribution (QKD) technology. The field trial leveraged quantum key generation and verification technology from Quantum Optics Jena in combination with Adva Network Security’s Layer 1 encryption solution to establish a secure optical communication channel between data centers owned and operated by the Thüringer Landesrechenzentrum (TLRZ), the IT service provider for the state’s administration in Thuringia. The test represents a milestone in the development of entanglement-based commercial QKD systems, as it is the world’s first complete integration into an IT infrastructure. By delivering quantum-secured keys to the encryptor of the high-bitrate optical channel, the team was able to show how data traffic could resist quantum attacks on the link between the data centers. The demo represents a significant leap forward for quantum-safe communications made in Germany and
Q4 Inc. Introduces First-of-its-Kind IR Event Management App to the Q4 Platform5.6.2023 15:00:00 EEST | Press release
Q4 Inc. (TSX: QFOR) (“Q4” or “the Company”), the leading capital markets access platform, is excited to introduce the Event Management App to the Q4 Platform, which will enable clients to experience streamlined event preparation, management, and reporting for earnings, investor days, and other key events on their IR calendar. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230605005257/en/ Q4 Event Management (Graphic: Business Wire) The Q4 Event Management App will increase client control over every part of their event planning, saving time and centralizing all requests to simplify the planning process. With this novel approach, Investor Relations Officers (“IROs”) will be able to eliminate lengthy communication threads and redundant requests by saving event details and preferences for all future engagements. Clients will continue to benefit from a 99%+ platform reliability rate and the experience of hosting thousands of ear
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom